Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Learning from a master (Cheshire x Tema)

Serefina wasn't quite sure what to make of the entire situation. He knew that she was leaving, he wasn't unintelligent, but he wasn't stopping her, but was in fact, going with her. Her mind went back to the conversation they'd had previously. Maybe he was missing something she'd never had, and was...that was silly...wasn't it.

Confused, her brow knitted as she mounted the large war horse and she began to leave the stables at a trot. It was a hard admission to make, but she didn't know what to think of Vallios. "I can't imagine such a vibrant person like you ever dying." She had to admit, there was an attraction to that. She had been fond of the previous Weapons Master, he'd been her father, but he wasn't in her life much. Her mother loved her eyes because they were his. But he'd been older when she was born so there was a gentleness to him that she didn't see in Vallios.

As the trotted forward, she wondered exactly why he was doing all this. But no matter, it would help her get through the gates. Rather easily in fact, only a short while later they found themselves outside the city gates, and Victory was itching for a run.

"Race?" she asked her companion, before bowing low on the neck of the horse and beginning without him. If he didn't chase her, then he was going to lose her and the race. She hadn't even specified the distance.

Vallios leaned low as well, pressing his heels lightly into the horse's sides. As Serefina got farther and farther away Vallios began applying more pressure, and the horse responded to his body language. It was as if Vallios had raised the horse from birth, the creature obeying with all it's heart, pumping it's powerful legs in a frenzy to catch Serefina. They drew even, Vallios preparing to leap if she decided to press Victory's advantage. The larger steed was certainly much more powerful and faster, though the question was would Serefina be able to coax out such inner strength?

If she managed to, she'd find that Vallios was shockingly nimble, and seemed to have absolutely no fear in the face of a challenge. The second she began to pull away he'd hurl himself from the back of his steed, and catch a hold on her saddle whether it was by hand on flank and toe on stirrup, or by full grip. The determination in Vallios' gaze was intense enough to stop the hearts of most, she would not get away from him.

And, if that wasn't loyalty, what was? Few men would willingly attempt something near suicidal just to keep pace against the odds. Unlike Serefina, Vallios had no worldly possessions to carry in bags. He had the clothing on his back and the weapons at his hips, nothing else. Of course, he had other clothing back in his chambers...But it was un-important. Vallios knew well that anything needed could be found during the journey.

Serefina wasn't a master horsewoman, but Victory had known her since the day she was first brought to the house and the former Weapon Master had encouraged the friendship always telling her that she could trust a horse better than any man. So it was that connection and the horse's own jubliancy at being free after several days of confinement that had them surging forward in the so called race.

But as her 'opponent' leapt aboard, he'd find the animal reacting more than Serefina. "Whoa!!!" She pulled back to keep the horse from attempting to buck Vallios off, and more than likely ending up off of him herself. The horse settled, and Serefina pulled him back to a trot so she could turn around. She wasn't surprised that he'd done what he'd done, but amazed. The tenacity that would take. Another skill 'He' had admired and fostered in her when in her life.

Her cheeks were flushed from the exertion but she was smiling. Something he'd not have seen her do yet, even the few times they'd met previously. "I can't decide if you're insane or amazing...", a single act had broken through at least some of her reserve. Letting him situate himself however he chose while they waited for the other horse to catch up.

"My people do not ride horses into battle. I learned to ride on the back of a bear. Once you learn that, you find a connection with the goddess herself that lets you handle any animal."

When the horse drew level Vallios patted it gently on the nose, giving it the lightest of pushes back. The horse realized it's ride was over and it obediently took off back for the stables. Vallios then reached and lightly took the reins from Serefina, his arms curled around her waist, barely resting against her. The hold on the reins was light at first, Vallios silently asking Serefina if she truly wanted to be in charge of this journey. Vallios knew the city better than her, and could show her many things.

Non-verbals were a huge part of Vallios' communication. He only spoke when body language would not suffice. He'd been raised in a harsh reality of survival, in which there was little time for social interaction or small talk. Despite such rearing, he managed to usually be rather personable. However, his sense of civility was still somewhat iced from their previous confrontation. Right now he was choosing discretion over valor, doing his best to silently pull strings and give gentle pushes to set what he thought was best in motion.

Silence was also the best condition for observation. It was blatantly obvious to Vallios that he needed to better learn Serefina if they were to have a successful, possibly even happy relationship together. Perhaps, things were fated to be for the better, rather than just fated to be?

She stiffened when he wrapped her arms around her. Why wasn’t he going back to his….why’d he send the horse back. Were they going to do this on one horse? She’d never had another male act quite so free with her person before. In combat, many things were forgiven. But to hold her, and to hold steadily at the same time, she had no clue how to behave or act. She looked behind them and the gates of the city, and then in front of them, plains and then forests. She hadn’t realized how far from the city they’d gone, but it was what she wanted, wasn’t it?

She needed time to think. To observe. While she considered struggling with him for control of the reins, she knew it could be a fruitless endeavor if he didn’t wish to give them up. “As long as we don’t go back yet…I’m sure you know the forest and plains better than I do.” The closest thing to admitting she had no idea what to do next. Besides, out here the wind was colder against her boy clothing than in her dresses and he made a good wind blocker. She fidgeted for a moment or two, and then settled in to enjoy his warmth and presence, not that she’d ever admit it. She’d just have to get over that hand on her stomach. It was disquieting, but she didn’t know why.

((only his forearms and the curves of his elbows are against her, it's a light touch :p.))

"No need to take two to do a job one horse is strong enough for."

The way she settled in was right in line with Vallios' plan. Trust was something that was built in the smallest things. Vallios adjusted himself in a way that allowed Serefina to settle comfortably against him and enjoy the warmth the fur of his cloak had to offer. Vallios directed Victory slowly into the forest, knowing the animal would find it's way to a stream to drink after the tiring ride it'd been put through. A stream was the perfect place to establish camp. Hopefully Serefina had packed blankets amongst her things, otherwise the two would be in an interesting position.

But as they rode Vallios thought silently to himself, looking up at the skies above. Though it was a cold night, there were no clouds in the sky. They'd be dry, so worries of finding cover were a moot point. If Serefina had brought a blanket for herself they'd be covered, Vallios had spent many a night with just a fire and his cloak to fend off the chill of the wilds. He did wonder however, if Serefina would take this time to enjoy some peace, or if she'd try to make peace with him or find out more about his heritage.

What would there life truly become? Would they become absorbed in diplomacy, would they both be lost to their roles? It was an unsettling thought, to know that not one but two people's identity could be absorbed so thoroughly. With a low sigh Vallios muttered his thoughts, quiet enough that Serefina would only hear if she was listening intently to her surroundings.

"We truly have our work cut out for us..."

One of the many ways that Serefina had learned to relax was to focus intently on her surroundings, every noise a small piece of information to be assembled, dissected and evaluated. Right now, she'd basically decided to let fate sweep her along for a while. She was trying more not to focus on him touching her and anything else but. So she did in fact hear his muttered words. Lifting her head, her violet eyes sparkled at him in the glow of the night.

"If this is so difficult, why do it? It is not as if these are your people." Although the thought of who would be Weapon Master if not him was not a pleasant thought either.

"To do so would dishonor the title I have been chosen for. House Ahn'kir found me and gave me shelter; Master Arzale gave me a place to better my talents and a place in the world. The marks on my face show that I am dead to my own people. I am not even memory, to utter my name amongst the tribes is a crime that would result in the loss of one's tongue."

Vallios met her gaze with his own, the scars on the right side of his face illuminated by the moon light. No other words came to him as he continued to peer into her eyes, his own glowing with that haunting inner flame. What was it like to look at a dead man? To see the marks of some unforgivable crime, but not know the truth of the conviction? As Vallios tried to read Serefina's emotions, he began to ponder his own motives. He could just...Vanish, never bee seen or heard again by the entire city. There truly was nothing stopping him from abandoning his duties.

Nothing, of course besides his own conscience. In the time during training sessions Arzale had confided in Vallios that he expected Vallios to be able to best him in combat if he was ever ascended to Weapons Master; Because of all those Arzale had trained, Vallios was the only one in whom he saw the inner fire and dedication to keep one of his daughters from harm.

But, that was a challenge that could never be met...Except in spirit. The assassination had instilled in Vallios a thirst for vengeance, a thirst to be part of what pulled House Ahn'kir through an event that would shatter any other noble house. And so, to remind himself of what it was he was fighting for he reached down and gave Serefina's knee a gentle squeeze as he spoke.

"I also have a...Last request to honor. A challenge that can never be truly met. I must prove myself."

The words 'to him' were left off from the sentence. For now the words he'd shared with Master Arzale were a memory for only him to hold. Serefina could wonder and pry all she wanted, but the true last request uttered by Vallios' forerunner would not be spoken of until it was fulfilled.

"Oh." It made such perfect sense to Serefina that she had no idea how to respond. He did that to her a lot, kept her off balance so that she could never figure out how she was expected to behave, and ended up lashing out. Her right hand reached across her body as he mentioned the scars, and hesitantly, she touched them, traced them with three of her own fingers softly.

"I don't know why you are dead to your people. I can not see you being anything less than honorable." How many times just this day did he have a chance to put her 'in her place' and yet, he obliged her instead. Putting her hand down, she turned back to look at her surroundings. The forest was beautiful, even at night, but she was starting to wonder about the creatures that might abide there. Would they remain the night? There was no reason to go back as of yet.

"I only have one blanket. You can have it." After all, she couldn't go back with a frozen Weapon Master, now could she? As for the last request, she felt the burden he bore with it, and while she was tempted to ask, it was not her place. It seemed too private and personal.

"Nonsense. I have this cloak and we'll have a fire. You have nothing but those flimsy breeches and that shirt. You forget, I come from the tundra."

There truly wasn't any place to put Serefina in. She'd crossed no boundaries with Vallios yet, though he would retaliate if she eventually did. Those words had Vallios debating whether or not to explain his crimes. He felt it was important for Serefina to understand who he was, and so he decided to give her an abridged version. After a deep breath Vallios closed his eyes and began to speak, trying to keep his voice from shaking as he told the tale. To this day the memory of what had nearly happened burned his very soul.

"Amongst some of the tribes, the Warchief and elder council and their sons have the First Rites to any woman they choose, provided she is unclaimed. At one of our mass gatherings, the son of a rival clan's chieftain tried to exercise such rights over a dear friend of mine. I killed him without a word, she was promised to our clan's master smith and such an act would not only have shamed her, but taken a great honor from him. Murder is punishable by death or excommuication...I survived the trial process, and so I was banished from the territories."

And the truth was out. Vallios resumed his previous brooding silence, waiting for Serefina to respond however she wished. Any questions she asked, he would answer honestly. Now was a better time than any for the two to at least...Attempt to get to know each other. Some solace could be found in the fact that the two were able to ride on the same horse without a single harsh word to the other.

"So?" She was confused, and then realized that by saying just that word, she was trivalizing what he'd gone through. "What I mean is, I don't see how that is dishonorable. You defended a defenseless woman against someone who would do wrong by her and protect the honor of someone who it seems you admired. I see nothing wrong with that." Yes, their rules were different, but defending the defenseless was something that Serefina simply took as doing what was right. Another trait her father instilled, even if it was by practice rather than easy words.

"I never agreed with the idea of first rite anyways. Father.." it was alright to call him that now that he was dead, wasn't it? A single tear slid down her cheek. When alive it had always been Weapon Master. His title even before his family. She'd been going to say something else, but she was caught in her own emotions.

"I don't want to have a child that can't even call her father by that address...", it was a tangent thought, but more and more she was starting to actually think about her emotions and dealing with them. Wiping away the tear, she tried to continue.

"What I mean is...." she'd completely lost track of her thoughts now. "Oh, it's a stream." They'd reached the stream finally, and it was something concrete that she could think about. She was distracted and disorderly, something she never was. It was almost as if she was a different woman.

Vallios reached out and pulled Serefina against him, curling his arms around her. Now, he was asserting his role and putting her in her place...Though, her place was one of grieving. He pressed his lips gently to the top of her head, giving her the silent command to let her feelings go. He knew that nature could be calming, and give one the strength to face things they otherwise ran from. It was obvious that Serefina had taken no time to recover from her losses.

"Out here you are away from the world. The wilds judge you for your own strengths, not the place you hold amongst humans."

Strength was more often than not the simple ability to face one's own feelings head on. And so Vallios was now forcefully guiding her, trying to open her eyes. Though, the old saying did go "You can lead a horse to water...", so Vallios was hoping that she'd have enough sense to take this opportunity to let go of some of the burden. If she couldn't trust him with this, there was little hope for much else in the time to come.

"Strengths?"

She wasn't even sure what the word meant anymore. Every time she walked past her mother's quarters she wanted to cry. She was supposed to move into those rooms and she couldn't bear to. And the Wea---no, her Father, her Father had meant the world to her. And both of them gone, in an instant.

"How can I find my strength if I'm treated like a child? But even my wants are child like. I want to be held by someone who can protect me like my Father did my Mother, but will tell her when she's wrong. I'm willing to take on the world, I just want a taste of the world first." The conversation she'd had with Stazi came back to her.

"Have you ever thought about running away? Have you ever made love in the moonlight?" A strange thing for an innocent girl to bring up, but she'd overheard her mother talking to her handmaiden once about a trip she'd taken with the Weapon Master, and making love in the moonlight had come up. It had simply become part of the fantasy Serefina held about freedom. Even while she rambling, she let the silent tears slip from her eyes to run down her cheeks. He was getting a nice dose of everything on her mind at the exact moment it crossed it.

Vallios tightened his hold slightly on her, allowing the train of thought to flood from her. He was already trying to answer her first question, wordlessly offering just what she wanted without thinking. And so, he allowed himself a smirk as he turned to answer her second rather sudden and rather odd question. With a tilt of the head Vallios looked up at the moon, trying to think if he'd ever made love beneath the moon.

"Not in the moonlight, no. Though it does sound tempting."

Gently Vallios reached up and wiped away her tears before he decided to be a little bit bold. Vallios leaned down and pressed a forceful kiss to Serefina's lips, testing the waters. It'd at the very least be a good distraction, now that she'd taken a little time to vent and allow all the floating thoughts to escape from her mind. This would be the first real contact they'd shared, the first step towards their fulfilling Ahn'kir tradition.

How would she respond? Would her distracted mind go with the flow of events or would the kiss snap her back to her senses? All it took was a move like this to change everything. To most a kiss was something of minor consequence, but for these two it was definitely something to note.

"Oh goddess!" She hadn't realized she'd said that last part allowed, and the flaming blood beneath her cheek gave proof of that. "I...I..." She looked at him, not quite sure what to say to end the awkwardness, only to have him brush away her tears with a gentle touch and then his lips pressed to hers with her eyes wide open. A forceful kiss, not exactly how she imagined her first kiss after all. She was not sure how to react, or what to do, and grabbed on to his cloak to keep from falling off the horse. Or at least she was sure that was what would happen.

"Oh goddess..."

Vallios kept his lips close to hers, looking into her eyes as he continued to hold her. The faintest flame of desire lurked around the edges of those topaz eyes, but it was obvious that he was fighting against his more base instincts. However he was studying her reactions, waiting for the silent go-ahead. Vallios would not force himself onto her in any manner, though if she began to submit he'd press the point.

Of course, there was also room for more intimate conversation now...Or perhaps, even light clever banter. The tension between the two was temporarily broken, and could be replaced with playful teasing or awkward silence. It truly depended on how Serefina reacted. It was at times like these where Vallios' more dominant side would show, and Serefina would quickly learn that.

What Serefina seemed to want out of a Weapons Master fit Vallios quite well. While he'd keep his silence most of the time, he'd have no trouble challenging her on anything that he felt to be out of line. However, Vallios was one to leave things alone until he felt they needed his intervention. Why close doors that have yet to be opened?

Serefina was still in a state of shock, and as such, for a long moment the only thing she did was dart her tiny pink tongue out of her mouth, rounding it about her lips with a long lick. Her heart felt like it would burst out of her chest at any moment. She simply stared at him, the silence slowly growing more awkward, but she'd never had the affinity for flirtatious teasing that most women had. She was trying to regain her composure, and failing badly at it.

Slowly, she released her grip on his cloak and twisted back in place, her cheeks flaming a pretty pink. The angle was bad as well. "We should probably step down so Victory can enjoy her drink." Her voice was low and soft, and perhaps just a bit husky. She was the first to move, sliding her leg over so she could slip to the ground. What could you even say after something like that, she thought, trying to wrack her brain for some idea of something to break the ice that she felt was forming. They had to work together, they HAD to be comfortable together or this would never work. She'd never be able to trust him, and he her. And that would doom them both.

"Your silence is endearing." Vallios whispered, chuckling quietly.

Vallios dismounted and then looked over to the stream. The flowing body of water spanned roughly 3 yards, and was nearly eight feet deep, definitely large enough to enjoy a good swim. Vallios stalked over to the edge of the bank and bent down, running his fingers through the water. The frigid cold was bracing, and every now and again Vallios felt something scaly brush up against his fingertips.

Yes, this would be good. Vallios stripped down without even a thought, setting all of his clothing onto the river bank. With a low sigh he waded into the water until he was half-submerged, and then he stopped and looked up to the moon. A quick prayer of guidance and then he waited, watching for the sparkle of silvery scale in the moonlight. Most would be shivering and miserable in such cold, but Vallios stood stoic and stalwart, watchful eyes waiting for the perfect sign.

Then he struck, reaching down and pulling a large trout from the water with ease. In an underhanded swing he threw the fish well up onto the banks where it would flop about until it suffocated. Two more fish went flying through the air, each one fatter than the next. In less than 5 minutes Vallios had retrieved a filling meal for the both of them.

Then Vallios began to swim up-stream, deciding to go explore the stream. It was obvious that out in nature Vallios was truly in his element, that he could thrive off the land with ease. He also seemed quite distracted, glad to be back in what he felt was his true home. Such a distraction gave Serefina needed time to think about what had transpired in the recent days.

The comment only made her cheeks burn hotter. So she held her silence while he moved forward to the stream. One thing Serefina was normally good at was thinking, but at the moment she found herself quite distracted. First by that kiss, and then by Vallios stripping down without a thought. Sure, she'd seen the recruits down to their waist-pants, but Rany'r had always been careful to not let them strip down too far when she was around.

But even that didn't phase her for too long, at least all she'd really seen had been the backside. Instead, it was watching his reverence and attention to the world around her that fully distracted her. And the powerful strokes as he swam upstream, reminding her of a silvered fish that her Father had once shown her that swam upstream to spawn. a the thought of 'spawning' however, her recently cooled cheeks once more flamed to life. She really shouldn't be this bothered by bodily functions, and in fact, she never had been before.

Finally, she pulled her attention away from him and back to her own pack on the horse. Wiping the sweat off of her as best she could with the blanket under her saddle, she then took to looking through the saddlebags. If they were going to spend the night, then she needed to dress warmer. And in this case, that would mean as a female. So once again, she undressed. Stripping down to her undershirt, she felt the chill of the growing night, but it only served to invigorate her. She wasn't sure if she'd sleep at all this night. Once she'd put on an overdress, without her corset, she then put her cloak back on and turned to look at Vallios. But instead, she saw several fish, and no Weapon Master.

"Odd.."

But she wasn't some wilting daisy to swoon because she thought she was alone in the woods. Instead, she grabbed a long knife from her pack, and headed into the woods. After all, if they were going to eat fish, they'd need a fire and while she carried flint, they still need tender.

Vallios dove under the water, continuing to push his way up stream. For roughly ten minutes he explored by starlight. It was nice to be out again, free from the constraints of society. It was almost as if he was himself again, a lone man surrounded by the power and beauty of nature. Then, lazily Vallios allowed himself to float down stream until he came out of the water, allowing himself to air-dry. He retrieved a small knife from his boot and began cleaning the fish, whistling to himself as he did so.

Patiently Vallios tended to the food, skillfully scaling and fileting the fish with an expert's touch. As he prepped their meal he began to think of this entire outing. Would these kind of adventures be the only times they were civil? That thought disheartened Vallios, as he knew that they'd be hard pressed to find time for little sojourns like this once they took their true roles.

It hadn't taken Serefina long to find the kindling, but what was eating her time getting back was the fact she was at the edge of the camp, staring at Vallios swimming back and then climbing out of the water. She had finally composed herself and then he went and did that. A few twigs dropped, and she had a feeling that he would then know she was there. She picked the tender up and stepped out as he began to clean the fish.

Her cheeks still managing to be pink, it was amazing she was able to stand upright, although now she was beginning to understood why it was thought that a woman could swoon at the sight of a nude male. Instead, Serefina mustered every reserve of fortitude that she could as she dropped the sticks, began pulling them apart to set up a fire. Anything to keep her hands busy.

"Do you..."Her voice was hoarse from some unknown force and she had to begin again. "Do you think you could teach me to swim?" After all, a lady wasn't meant to go swimming. She could drown with all those layers on.

"Of course, honestly the only thing there is to teach is confidence."

Vallios stood up and retrieved his pants and boots, donning them now that he'd dried so that Serefina could have a chance to regain her composure. Of course, she'd lose it once he asked her to strip so they could begin lessons. For now though, he'd let her keep her dignity and get her head screwed on a little tighter. Vallios went down to the river bank and found himself a large heavy rock with a point. Then, he made his way over to the large old oak tree that stood before the stream and climbed up into it, settling right beside the thick branch they'd use for their fire.

With incredible precision for such a crude tool Vallios hacked away at the branch, the powerful muscles of his biceps flexing and relaxing with every swing. After about 5 minutes he'd cut half-way through the branch and so he pounced, grabbing the branch and allowing his own sudden weight and momentum to break it free from the tree. With ease Vallios rode the branch to the ground, and then with a twisting jerk he ripped it away from the tree. Then he settled down and went furiously to work, carving around the knots until he'd hacked away enough bark and chunks for a strong fire.

Sweating slightly from the effort, Vallios began arranging the cuts of wood into an arrangement that would catch quickly. He pulled two long splinters away and set them aside, intending to use them to cook the fish with. Vallios then left the arrangement waiting and ready for Serefina's flint and tinder.

"I'm sure there's more to it than that. Otherwise women wouldn't be terrified of it so much when it can save your life." Serefina could be rather practical about matters. That had a lot to do with her father's influence. He always told her that if she could learn a skill, to do so, it could save your life. And knowing how to swim when carriages could fall over, people could be pushed, it just seemed common sense.

But she watched him go, preparing the fire, as well as gathering dirt to put it out later if need be. Once he was finished, she let herself admire his form as well as other things that proper ladies should not be thinking about. Even from one's soon to be consort. After he'd brought the branch over and handed her the pieces for the fire, she got the flint out and it wasn't too long before they had a good sized fire going.

Standing back, she admired the fire. It was the first one that she'd created not in a fireplace, so she was rather proud of herself, as well as grateful that she didn't embarrass herself in front of Vallios again. "Well, I'm sure you're a better cooker than I am." After all, she was a lady, and while she might be mistress of a House, there were servants to do the cooking. Another thing she wanted to learn, but the servants had been terrified of her burning herself or some other misfortune befalling her and they being punished for it.

"Skills are learned. You're a better diplomat."

And so Vallios set the fish up to cook, adjusting the spits at just the right spot so the meal would cook, but the support would not burn away. Eyes cast upwards Vallios resumed thinking, now considering just taking Serefina far away from the city, from the house...Taking her with him and leaving out for the world, to see what the world had to offer. It was a crazy dream, it was impossible; She'd never leave her people behind, and he could never allow himself to abandon his post.

But, it'd be the best way to teach her would it not? One could only learn so much from books and hearsay. Experience was the best teacher, failure the best way to improve. Gradually the thoughts became more logical, and Vallios found himself frustrated that he was agreeing with such craziness!

Gradually he came back to his senses...Or at least, back to his honor. With a sideways glance he gave Serefina a once over, taking time to appreciate her beauty. Remarkably enough, he found himself thinking about the intimate aspect of their fate the least. Then again, the thought of suddenly leading a kingdom could definitely overshadow one's own libido.

"We have about 30 minutes til dinner is ready. If you'd like to begin lessons now, strip and wade out into the water. Otherwise, we can find other ways to pass the time and start on a satisfied stomach. Trust me though , you do not want to learn with soaking clothing; that's how people freeze to death."

And that got something really rare from her.

"That is true."

She laughed, a little snort chuckle that was pure unadulterated laughter. Which was then prompted covered up with a small, giggle that was 'proper'. As he sat there with the fish, she had to wonder what he was thinking. What was it like in that mind of his?

"Do you..." She started to ask a question, only to have him speak up first and mention food and then lessons. As in swimming lessons? In this cold? In the start of the night?

...wait, did he say strip? That comment actually registered last, and when it did she wasn't quite sure what do say. Well, he'd seen nude women before she was sure, so he doubted he'd really be tempted by her muscularly lithe frame. She had curves but they were far more streamlined than most women. The only womanly attribute she really had was fair sized breasts. They weren't too big or too small compared to other women that she'd seen. So again, nothing to attract attention. Well, since that wasn't going to be an issue, she decided to just go with it.

"Alright, if you say so." And didn't even bother going to find a place to change. After all, with it being dark out, it wasn't safe to leave the ring of fire by herself. Brave, but not stupid. She lifted her arms over her head, and removed both layers of shift, leaving her in nothing but her birth clothing. Then without another thought, or more likely before she lost her nerve at the thought of going into that most likely cold water, she waded into the pool and swore that someone was poking parts of her body no one would dare touch. Her first reaction was to wrap her arms around her breasts since that seemed to be the most painful part at the moment and waited, trying not to let her teeth chatter.

Back
Top Bottom