Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you reading?

Hrmm, well, Elizabeth Hunter is turning out to be quite an amazing writer. Honestly, her Elemental Mysteries set is just phenomenal! It's a beautiful blend of everything. Anyway, I finished book 1--A Hidden Fire--along with book 2--This Same Earth. I'm now reading book 3--A Force Of Wind. : )

Wellll....finished up Hunter's Elemental Mysteries books (so finished up book #3 and read book #4 A Fall Of Water). Now I'm taking a mini break from Hunter to read Grace Draven's book Radiance, which is the first of her Wraith Kings books....I can't wait until she writes more of these! Then, I plan on going back to Hunter's books. XD

I finished up reading the Savage Peace, was an interesting read and I'm happy for the detail that went in it. Wish the author would write a book about France's involvement in Vietnam. Would be interesting to compare and contrast that venture to the Algeria one.

Started reading Jorge Luis Borges Collected Fiction, so far interesting if it's just little vignettes of events I already know about. Though there is the possibility he's slipping some falsehood into them as well.

Also picked up The History of Large Federal Dams: Planning, Design, and Construction. I'm not far into it yet; but the tone is rather conversational so far which makes the information easy for me to take in.

Scottish Prisoner by Galbadon

As well as a book on Dyslexia to figure out how to get my oldest son back into reading and writing now that he has been diagnosed.

Well, I finished up Radiance.... >.< And, I've started up the Elemental World series, which is still ongoing, by Elizabeth Hunter. I finished up book #1 Building From Ashes, book #2 Waterlocked and am now reading book #3 Blood And Sand. I swear, I've been a reading machine! lol! And Hunter is WONDERFUL, btw!

Finished up Hunter's Blood And Sand and am now onto Elemental World book #4 The Bronze Blade. So far, it's fantastic. Seriously...Elizabeth Hunter is an AMAZING writer!

Started reading the first Temeraire book, His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik. I like the dragons for the most part, not sure on the main character. Too much of a proper gentleman.

Finished up my other two books and now on Dragonfly in Amber, second in the Outlander series.

Reading side novels now and again but the main series in order, nice historical fiction with lots of twists.

I finished the Goblin Emperor the other day, have to say I enjoyed it a lot. Good to see the main character grow and learn to assert them self as they're thrust on the throne.

The Sagas of Erik the Red, Frithiof, & Gunnlaug.

Viking rp coming up soon lol

Doing my second read through of The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. I just got God Is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens and Letter To A Christian Nation by Sam Harris in the mail yesterday. :3

Confess by Colleen Hoover. I have to confess I'm only four chapters into the story, but so far, I'm liking what I'm reading.

Update:
Finished. A quick read which had me tearing up at the beginning then again at the end. A bit predictable, given it's 'Chick Lit' but with a few twists I didn't see coming. I do like this style of writing, though. Opposite chapters being written from the the main character's perspectives. I've read several books by authors who write this way and love how each character experiences the same thing but may or may not see them in the same light. I like the emotional tug of war, fighting with one's self, the wonderings of woulda, coulda and shoulda and the outcome of what ifs and taking chances.

I have been wanting to get my hands on some Stainless Steel Rat.

Currently I've been reading Urban Life in the Middle Ages by Keith D. Lilley and The Pursuit of the Millennium: Revolutionary Millenarians and Mystical Anarchists of the Middle Ages, Revised and Expanded Edition by Norman Cohn.

I jump around a lot in my reading material and it seems to change weekly what'll hold my interest.

Lost Light, by Michael Connelley.

A quick, easy, crime-fiction read. I think Connelley's one of the better crime authors around.

The Soul Thief - Cecilia Holland

Picked it up randomly from the stacks in the library, looks like a quick read.

Re-reading "The Bloody Chamber", a collection of short stories by Angela Carter. Mainly because I am hoping to start a scenario inspired by her style in the near future and want to tune my writing 'voice' in that kind of direction. If I can harness even a little of her writing quality I am going to be happy!

To illustrate a little bit about her work, from the back of the book, Ian McEwan is quoted;
"She writes a prose that lends itself to magnificent set pieces of fastidious sensuality...dreams, myths, fairy tales, metamorphoses, the unruly unconscious, epic journeys and a highly sensual celebration of sexuality in both its most joyous and darkest manifestations."

Which doesn't badly describe the best offerings of BMR in general, actually! Though the sensuality isn't often 'fastidious'. That kinda just makes me think of two people in hazmat suits trying to fondle each other in a clean room. While reading rule books. In chastity.

Voyager, Diane Galbadon.

Third book of the series recommended by two of my current rp partners.

Back
Top Bottom