Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you reading?

• I'm currently on my third round of Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy - this
        includes Inferno, Paradiso and Purgatorio respectively.

A lot of my friends are Muslim as well, so I've been extremely tempted to
        read the Quran. That's likely next. If not, The Nameless City or some other
        Lovecraft works.

Finished the first book in my Calpurnia Omnibus, almost done with Heretics of Dune and I've started reading the Quran.

Just finished reading Lynsay Sands' "An English Bride in Scotland". Now trying to decide on a book between Kresley Cole, Karen Hawkins, Gena Showalter, and Zoe Archer.

I love him too, but I think my favorite character by her is... um.... >.>

All of the Lords, cause I really can't just cast one off. I normally read all of her books when they first come out, but I haven't read her Alien Huntress series, I think I tried one book and didn't like it. However, she did just come out with a new series Otherworld Assassins or something like that.

I don't know what you two are talking about.

I have only about a hundred pages left in the second Calpurnia book, have to say this omnibus is shaping up to be a favourite of the 40k fluff.

Well I finished it, so I'm onto the third and last story in the omnibus. As I said before it's shaping up to be the best 40k series. It includes all the nasty and brutish elements, never shying away or making excuses for them and tells a damn good tale.

Kind of feel bad doing this again; but I just finished reading Heretics of Dune. This re-read of it has produced a greater understanding of the books and setting then previously. That's probably one of the reasons why I enjoy the Dune books so much.

Though they do get a little weird towards the end and there's definite cultural baggage from when they were initially written.

Just finished three other books. Would have read more, but trying not to do to much.

I need to try and spread it out because I don't have a lot of unread material and I'm to the point where I need new authors, but have no idea as per which authors I should look after.

Well Notte I have a lot of books, so just come here and I don't think you'll run out for sometime. Other then that, what sort of book are you interested in reading?

I have plenty of history and a wide range of fantasy and plenty of others.

Nihilistic_Impact said:
Well Notte I have a lot of books, so just come here and I don't think you'll run out for sometime. Other then that, what sort of book are you interested in reading?

I have plenty of history and a wide range of fantasy and plenty of others.

Hehe, I read a lot, and really fast. I can go for five novels in a day. Usually I'm blind afterwards for a while, but I do it.

Mostly I read historical, fantasy, and paranormal romance. I also read just plain fantasy though. But I'm really picky about my authors.

Can't say I have too many romances, save for the Kushiel's Legacy books by Jacqueline Carey.

Though random toss outs to take a look at would be Perdido Street Station by China Miéville and the First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie.

Fair game by Patricia Briggs, from the alpha and omega series. It's the companion series to The Mercy Thompson books, which I finished the newest of, Frost Burned, last weekend. The mercy Thompson books are by far, without a doubt, my favorite series of all time. And the alpha and omega series lets me get closer to my favorite character in both series, Bran, who I am completely in love with!

Pony- I read those too. I really hope she does some books on Bran. He's awesome!

And I still haven't read Frost Burned. I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback.

Havy/darth- she said she more then likely won't because of the hate fans have for Leah and she has no plans for killing her off any time soon. I would love a book on Bran but I will take what I can get for now lol.

Frost burned was so amazing one of my favorites in the series. I think river marked is my fav though because I loved Coyote.

Coyote was pretty badass.

And I wonder if she'll do a back story on Bran and his life when he first became a werewolf. THAT would be something. And Leah - I have mixed feelings about her. I think because Bran can't bring himself to love her that she has turned into the "Bitch" of the series that people are meant to not like. She takes out her lack of love on everyone else because, being with someone/mated to them, should be about love too and she's been denied that. It's a bit rough so I have some sympathy for her.

*Thumbs up to Pony* I love and have read all of Patricia Brigg's works. She is one of my favorite authors. I've laughed, cried, loved, lost, facepalmed and bead my head against a wall right along with her characters. She is amazing and I rather want to crawl into her books and become a new character. Same thing with Gena Showalters novels (because she was brought up earlier). And Kerrelyn Sparks, Lynsay Sands, Darynda Jones, Stephanie Tyler, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, Keri Arthur, Kresley Cole, Katie Reus, Cat Devon, A.C. Arthur, Pamela Palmer, Karen Chance, Eve Silver, Amanda Ashley, Nina Bangs, Michele Bardsley, Jenna Black, Annette Blair, Maggie Shayne, Lori Handeland... I really could keep going on this list. My goodreads is like a fucking library of paranormal and historical romance authors. I used to really like Laurell K. Hamilton, before all her novels turned into straight smut.

Oh, and Nii, because I'm not ignoring you and lost myself for a minute there, I have read Jacqueline Carey as well.

No problem love.

In other news I've been reading the Savage War of Peace about the French/Algerian war, quite interesting. It makes me want to go back and re-watch the Battle of Algiers.

I started fever by Christine feehan, rereading it, although I'm contemplating buying affliction by Laurell K. Hamilton and starting that.

btw Hamilton's novels still involve a lot of smut but are starting to work their way back into more plot driven.

Hmmm, lets see I am rereading the Wheel of Time, and just for fun the Goosebump books from when I was a kid they are hilarious. I think I also have Game of Thrones on the go somewhere though I have to admit I don't particularly like it I drifted off somewhere in the second book. I have Inheritance to read and a few others from series I have yet to complete. I have a problem with finish books before picking up something new haha

Back
Top Bottom