Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Smithy's Lady, farmer's daughter (Wolvenrogue and Vampire07)

Lillian was surprised he wasn't the grossed out type of person. Scooting back she leaned against him looking at the foals. "Its rare to even get twins.." She said with a smile as a bead of sweat rolled down the side of her face and over her chest. Lillian watched the dark foals nurse and struggle on their weak legs. At their tiny hooves was whisps of white fur, thanks to the sire. Lillian was tired as she rested against Michael but looked up seeing her father walking in the stables seeing the new born foals.

"Well I be..." He grinned at the foals knowing they'd be keeping one of them. Though he looked to Michael seeing the shirtless man sitting there covered in blood and mucus. "You're more than welcomed to stay the night if you don't think ye can make it." He said with him leading the other pregnant mare to her own stall with the stallions in their own stalls as well.

Lillian looked to Michael with her father barking to her to get a bath going for both of them. "Yes sir..." She said as she got to her feet as she felt sticky and nasty now. Walking to the house with there a pump that went to the tub on the first floor. Pumping the water inside but after a guess of how much water there was she called otu to Michael. "Ready for a cold bath?!"

"Yeah!" he said from right behind her as he had again gone unnoticed as he followed her in. "let me help with that as he put his strong arm to work at the pump handle. Actually having a bath for him was a luxury, as he didn't have a well and usually just washed from a bucket, but it was usually warm, as the forge was constantly burning, and anything near it got hot in a hurry.

When the tub was full, he went out in the yard to wait for Lillian to have her bath. He sat on the porch, and looked out over the fields. The farm was beautiful and clean compared to his smoky soot filled shop. He was almost asleep against the wall of the house, when he heard the door open and looked over to see who it was. Tom walked out, and sat in the swing, and lit a pipe. "You think you can tame that filly in there? I sure wish you would." That was all he said, he just sat there in the cool of the evening, and smoked his pipe.

Lillian was head strong but yet she was torn. She felt like she was faling for Michael and yet she felt like she had a duty to her mother. Naked she stepped into the water crying out at how cold it was. Shivering as she ran the home made lavender soap over her flesh and soon dunked her head in the water getting cleaned up. Once she was washed she grabbed a towel and wrapped it around herself then slipped into clean slacks and a large over shirt.

Dryin gher hair as she walked out to alert Michael the bath was clear for him only to hear her father asking if he could tame that filly. Smirk as she flicked the wet towel at her father. "You hope he can." She said laughing as she looked to Michael. "The tub's open." She said as she slipped back inside as she liked teasing her father from time to time. With jars on the counters she took them down to the cool basement where there was storage for winter. Their stock of food was well off but she stood there looking at it as it was plenty for two people but with how things were going she assumed her father would rather have Michael here or kept inviting him there to force the two together or force her hand.

Drained she walked up to the spare bedroom and fluffed the pillows and shook out the quilt that laid over the bed. Her room would be right next to this one.

Michael had gone to the tub and stripped off his pants and climbed in. was cold true enough, but he soon grew accustomed to it and using a bar of plain lie soap washed himself from top to bottom for the first time in a while. When he had finished, the water was dingy and so he decided that he might as well make good use of it by washing out his pants and underwear. They were quite dirty. and left the water almost black from the soot they contained. He wrung them out and then seeing a line out back, he wrapped him self in a towel, he took them out and hung them there to dry. He then picked up the heavy tub and carried it out to the yard and dumped it, bring it back empty and clean.

He went to the kitchen, and seeing that Lillian had the canner heating on the stove, he called out to her asking if she needed the corn shucked, as he stood there looking at the huge pile of corn, still wrapped only in a towel.

"No actually." She called down as she forgotten all about it since she was lost in her own thoughts. Walking down the stairs only to gasp from seeing Michael in only a towel. Turning her back to him as her face was beet red, worse than this morning. Embarrassed as she never seen a man this under dressed before. "Sit!" She said with her trying to move around him without looking at him. She knew the towels were more of smaller framed people so the towel was straining to stay on his hips.

Once he was sitting she found a blanket and tossed it over his lap to make sure he was concealed. Her heart was pounding in her chest with her moving to the other side of the kitchen grabbing the baskets of beans. "I need these snapped. They've been washed and the bad was thrown out already." She said in a weak voice with her grabbing her own basket. Sitting down not far from him as she began to snap the beans and tossed the freshly snapped beans into a large bowl. "I do apologize but I....I never seen a man so under dressed before." She said with her glancing up at him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean anything by it. I just washed out my pants as they were filthy from the combination of mucous and soot. They are out on the line drying. "

He took the basket of beans and had them snapped in a jiffy. He had done this chore for his mother many many times and was good at it. When the beans were finished, he stood up wrapped in the blanket and started in on the corn.

"I think your Dad's playing match maker, Its kinda funny really, but honestly, I'm glad he approves." he didn't say more, but just continued on with the corn.

With him getting done she looked over as he commented about her father taking on the role of a match maker. "I wish he wouldn't. Its sweet he's worried and want me to be with a wonderful man like you but I was raise to attract noblemen. Mother's hidden agenda so I didn't have to live this life. But that was before my brothers got sick." She tried to tell him she was emotionally conflicted about allowing anything to grow between her and Michael then there was becoming part of a noble family.

Though she went silent as she began to think what nobleman would want her since she wasn't so delicate or refined as the other women in the town. Finishing her beans she grabbed the large bowl and took it to the counter top then placed a cheese cloth over it. Tucking the loose ends under the bowl to seal it off. "I think I'm going to call it a night." She said with her looking over at Michael. "Your room is next to mine if you're wondering." With a weak smile she turned heading up the narrow stairs. Reaching her room she closed her door with her stripping down to her naked flesh. Slipping into her night gown that was low cut and clung to her hour glass figure. Since she met Michael she had been reading her mother's old journal. In a way Lillian was looking for answers on what direction she should go in.

Slipping into bed as she read by candle light with her reading the faded hand writing of her mother's past then it came to the part of Lillian's education. After finishing the old leather journal she finally knew exactly why her mother strived to correct her in public and had her behave like a noble woman. Lillian couldn't help but to smile as her mother was a sneaky woman and her father knew. The woman was teaching Lillian to live in both lives in case she found her true live in either one and she'd be comfortable with either life. Feeling like a fool but she was often curious about how the other half lived at times. Thankfully Saturday night she had a dinner party to attend an old friend who somehow managed to marry into a noble family.

Just as she was about to put the journal aside she noticed writing that was recent. Looking at the entry sa it said a man wanted Lillian's hand in marriage through an arranged marriage. Yet, both her mother and father denied the agreement stating they weren't going to play with Lillian's life like this even if they lost the land. Sitting in the dark wood bed as she kept reading the passage over and over with a sweet smile on her lips. Grateful her mother allowed her to have the tools to survive in any world she goes in to.

Michael left the blanket on the chair and wore only the towel as he headed up the stairs to the room walking in, he let the towel fall to the floor and climbed into the bed naked. He had little choice as he had no other clothes. Slipping between the clean sheets he felt as if in heaven for most often he had only a dusty sooty cot to sleep in. Tonight he was tired and slept quickly and deeply. He didn't wake until he smelled coffee. Wrapping himself in the towel again he headed down the stairs , wondering if he would find Tom or Lillian in the kitchen.

Tom was the one making the coffee with Michael's clothes on the chair in his room. Lillian was nowhere in sight as she had woke up early and took care of cleaning the stalls and was out in the woods. Tom was sitting back in his chair drinking his coffee with eggs been cooked and bit of pork. "If ya don't get movin', boy, the food going to be gone!" He called up to Michael with him shuddering at the taste of the coffee. "Wished Lillian made this black water than me.." He muttered as he made it bit to strong. The sound of boots slamming into the porch got his attention but he heard someone knocking.

Tom got up and opened it to see a gentleman in expensive clothing standing with a smile. His brown hair was brushed back with his black eyes shining.

"Hello sir. I saw two of your horses I like to purchase-" He was cut off by Tom shaking his head.

"None are for sale." He said but heard the man chuckling.

"You didn't let me saw which ones I was wanting." His eyes turned sharp as if he was a predator eyeing Tom as prey. "I want the golden horse and the chestnut." He said but a soft voice got his attention and turned to see Lillian standing there in men's slacks and a over shirt. He was taken back a woman who was beautiful as her was dressed in common clothing.

"I'm sorry Sir but he doesn't have power to sell those two." She said as she walked by him and gently nudged her father back inside. "Those two stallions are mine and they aren't for sell. I'm flattered a man of your status is interested in two farm horses." She said but he took her hand pulled bit away from the door. Lillian was taken back as the man took her chin to look look at her closely as if he was inspecting stock.

Michael had pulled his pants on, and looked to the door just in time to see the man's hand on Lillians face. Anger burned within him as he saw her try to pull away. He rose to his full height and and strode to the door. grabbing a handful of the mans chest he picked the man up and holding him in the air with one arm, walked him to the horse trough and threw him in. he held his head under and then when the man was about to choke, lifted him out of the water. "Now get out of here. and dont come back!" he said. He walked back to the porch and wrapped an arm around Lillian's waist.

Her hands were on the man's chest while he inspected her appearance. Once he was going to say something Michael strolled out as if nothing was wrong. What he did shocked Lillian. "Michael!" She ran to the porch post standing there watching Michael dunking the noblemen into the horse trough. Stunned as he walked back and pulled her into his arm.

The man was spitting water as he growled at Michael. "You've made a mistake, Boy." He growled as his eyes flashed ot Lillian as he got out of the water with plans forming in his head already with him leaving.

Lillian watched the man leaving but she looked to Michael. "Why did you do that?"

"He has no right to do that to you! His fancy clothes don't mean a thing! His threats are idle ones. He has no idea who he is talking to but if he comes back, he will soon learn." It was clear that Michael was still fuming. He led her in the house, and closed the door. He filled a plate with eggs and bacon. "Have you eaten yet?" he took a cup of coffee and tasted it. "God Tom! you're right! this coffee is awful."

Everything was moving quickly as he swept her up into the house to conceal her from the world. She knew how the world worked or so she thought looking out the window worried what that man had planned. While Michael filled his plate she shook her head. "I'm not hungry." She said softly as her Father groaned softly.

"Lily, stop worrying about that entitled bastard." He said ignoring Lillian's gasps with him cursing.

"Father-" She was cut off.

"This community is behind us and not his kind. So stop worrying we won't lose this farm." He said as he looked to Michael with his comment about the coffee. "I'm not the best on makin' it." He smirked as he finished his breakfast off then alked off to do his work.

He sat Lillian down at the table. "what is this about losing the farm" he asked. They had a wonderful place. Does someone have a lean on it?" He took the money from his poket that he had earned the morning before. He layed the twelve gold coins on the table. "Will this help?" he asked her. "It was your suggestion that helped me earn it.

Lillian took the pieces of gold and handed it back to him. She closed his large snake like fingers around the pieces. "My father was going to find out that I've been keeping track of the finances and I don't think there is a lean on the land. But with his charity I do worry if he's over stepping his bounds and putting this land at risk. Thats why I was out in the woods checking my traps. I was hoping to have caught some rabbits and let them breed on the farm to have a quick supply of meat through this tough time. Also I assumed he'd be inviting you more often anyways. So trying to prepare for those moments."

Well If I'm going to eat here, and it seems that I am, the least I can do is contribute to the food supply. After all you know that I am no cook and just having you cook for me is a great favor, never mind your company." He took two gold pieces and and put them back in her hand and closed her fingers on them. " Purchase a breeding pair if you trapping is unsuccessful. "This has been the best day I've had in weeks and I owe it all to you."

"Today, I'm going to work this end of the village with my cart. We will see if your idea is as popular over here." He took her hand in his, and lifted it to his lips and kissed it giving a bow very uncharacteristic of a person of peasant birth. There was a presence about him that morning , one that he had not shown her in the past.

For her she was having a hard time accepting the two pieces of gold. Listening to his plan of working this side of the village she looked to him unable to speak when he kissed her hand. She couldn't stop herself as she turned her hand grabbing his hand.

"You know there is a bed open for you if you're working late over at this side of the village." She said with her looking up at him from the chair. Today she figured she'd take it easy and keep an eye on the other mare who was close to foaling herself along with keeping an eye on her father. He may be getting up there in age and showed he wasn't slowing down but it bothered her since he hasn't mentioned a will to her yet. So while he was out on the fields she'll be looking around so her nerves will be at ease.

Michael pulled on his shirt and thanked her for the invitationto stay the night again. It would be hard for him to pass up. He started pulling his cart along the road, and made his way from house to house. There was lots of buisiness and he was again doing well. The convenience of not needing to go to town was popular. He also took orders for wrought items which he would need to make at his shop and deliver. On his last stop of the day, he reshod three of their horses, but even though they had been unable to pay.

The woman was extremely grateful and as he was leaving, stopped him. "Sir, my daughter passed a few years back, we have a trunk of clothes. Do you suppose you could use them or sell them." He looked at the contents of the trunk. It was full of dresses and shoes, both everyday and fancy. " I certainly could!" he loaded the trunk on his cart and headed back to Lillian's farm. When he arrived, he picked up the large trunk and brought it in the house. Setting it down, he said. "I have a present for you!"

Star was barking happily when Michael arrived alerting Lillian who was coming from the fields with the two mares and one brand new foal. Lillian looked over seeing Michael there on the proch and saw the trunk. Laughing as she walked over with the herd and let them go.

"I said a bed will be open when you do business out here. Not an invite to move in." She laughed softly with her walking up to the porch seeing it was a woman's trunk. Opening the trunk to see the clothes were rather nice and colorful. The fabric was delicate to the touchand soft. "Oh Michael..." She didn't know exactly what to say other than she leaped into his arms and held on to him with his sweaty chest pressed against her own. For her no man had treated so nice or sweetly before.

Behind them the two mothers nuzzled their new foals to keep them up and they walked to the stables. The twins were bouncing around the newest member of their family. The newest foal was coal black with black feathers on his hooves but he followed his mother to the stables.

Michael was in shock as the young woman of his dreams pressed herself against him flattening her breasts and her arms around his neck. Her lips were just an inch from his and their eyes met. His arms had naturally fallen around her and they were now in a full on embrace. He wanted so bad to kiss her but he knew it might scare her away. He turned his head slightly to le side and leaned down, closing most of the gap between them and leaving the last bit for her. His heart was racing as he waited what seemed an eternity for her to respond.

Her heart was pounding in her chest with her realizing how close their lips were. Blushing as she rested her head on his shoulder as she held the dress in her hand. Reaching up she touched his cheek. "I....I should get this inside." She said in a soft voice with her stepping back to feel his hands lightly running over her waist. Putting the dress back and shutting it before she dragged the large trunk inside then up the narrow stairs.

At this point her mind was reeling of what Michael brought to her. She wanted to tear into this trunk to see what was all in it and try on every one of the dresses to see if there was any altering she needed to do. Putting the trunk down at the foot of her bed seeing the trunk was a old yet it had a touch of personality to it. Now Michael done it he was slowly winnin gher over and she was struggling not to show favored affection such as kissing him. Walking back down the stairs she grabbed his hand with a soft smile. "Did you want to see the newest foal? Or are you heading straight back to get some work done?"

"Actually, I'm done for the day, he said setting 20 more coins on the table, and giving her 4. Those are for the household account."
"I'd love to see the new foal" he took her hand and let her lead him out to the barn. "You need some help this afternoon with the vegetable picking? her eyes were sparkling and he knew that she had been happy with the trunk. He just hoped he would get to see her wear some of what it contained.

"I spent the day watching the horses and cleaning the house." She said with her walking with him to the barn seeing the three foals playing in the open. Laughing as she walked over to the black foal running her fingers over his now dry coat. The foal was still shakey on his new legs but he nuzzled into Lillian's hand.

"If you're going to be around for awhile Michael. More than likely you'll be here trying to break the three in with us." She said with a smile with her playing with the short mane with her looking over to Michael. The small colt yawned as Lillian lead him to his mother and the twins to theirs before shutting the doors. "Also I have fresh bread baking so I hadn't been able to go out into the fields today." She said with her waking up to him. The sun light peered through the large open barn doors catching the specks of dirt that was floating in the air around them.

The sun light was caught in the light high lights in Lillian's hair with the warmth of the sun caressing her cheeks. "We can go to the swimming hole while the bread is cooling. Father's out for awhile so there isn't a rush." She said as she lead Michael to the back of the clear cut back yard where a path through the woods was the beginning of the spirder web like trails.

A swim sounded great to him, and a swim with her sounded heavenly. He could hardly believe that they were headed to the swimming hole just like that, but she was leading him by the hand, and that point he was loving everything about this girl. They hadn't brought and swimtrunks, so he could only imagine she had skinny dipping in mind.

They started walking through the wood lot at the back of the field and along a a small creek. Suddenly the trail ended at a beau tful deep clear pool. "This is just beautiful" he said.

She figured since today was a hot day he'd enjoy a cool swim. Turning her back on him with her slipping her boots off, her over shirt followed with the pants. Now she stood in a under shirt with short like panties though she looked over her shoulder at him. "Figured you may need this." She said with a soft smile. Her cheeks were red as she walked into the cooling water then dived into the dark clear pool. Swimming back up with her pushing her hair back from her face with her kicking with her thinking he was going to jump in without his clothes so she didn't turn to look at him just yet.

Back
Top Bottom