Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Smithy's Lady, farmer's daughter (Wolvenrogue and Vampire07)

After they had eaten breakfast, Aiden took his father aside, and asked him to com with him out to the barn. When they got there, he told Michael that he was going to return the carriage, and Buttercup back to Victor and resign his position formally. He acknowledged to his father that it was a dangerous undertaking, but he also knew that it was something that must be done. He asked Michael to protect his love Addie while he was gone and asked to borrow Dark Angle, their newest stallion, ride home.

Michael put his hand on Aiden's shoulder and said " I will gladly help you, and Addie will have my full protection, but if your really love her, and you think she may love you, then don't do this in secret. Take her aside and let her know. She is much like your mother, and unless miss my guess is more than strong enough to handle the news. But if this goes badly, you don't want her surprised." Aiden thanked his father for the help and advice, and then headed back to the house.

When he got in the door, he saw Addie still at the sink, finishing with the dishes. Walking up behind her, he wrapped his arm around her and said "we need to talk." he waited while she dried her hands and then led her upstairs to his room and closed the door. Michael saw the concerned look on Lillian's face and wrapped his arm around her. "Mother, this is between them. Our son has an honorable heart, he needs our help, but we can't interfere. For now we need to do as he has asked and protect that precious girl until he comes back."

Aiden sat Addie on the bed and held her hands and looked in her eyes. "I'm going back to return the wagon and confront Victor. I'm going to resign and tell him that should he try to harm you he will have to get by me first. I need to let him know this, but I need to know you are safe when I do. My father has agreed to protect you, and I know that he will. I need you to cooperate and stay here until I return. If things go well that will be before dinner. Please promise me you will stay here."

Addie had jumped when Aiden wrapped his arms around her then lead her away. The air seemed so tense and like a dish breaking could set everyone off. Within Aiden's room she looked up at him as he went on to tell her about his plan ad how he wanted her to stay there and wait for him. To her she knew she wouldn't see him if he returned.

"Fine I'll stay here." She said bluntly as she wished to go and get into her brother's office to find ALL of the papers he's hidden away. Getting up away from Aiden seeing this was all he was wanting to hear from her. Walking down the stairs she looked over at his parents seeing they were somewhat worried but there was nothing she can do but walk outside and go watch the foals play.

Aiden sat there in his room, wondering what had just happened. His father had told him many times that women were hard to figure out and now he was beginning to see why. His first instinct was to just confront her, solve whatever her problem was and get on with things. He got up and started down the stairs just in time to see Addie heading to the porch.

He saw his father sitting on the sofa with an arm wrapped around his mother, and he thought about the advice he'd been given. He stopped and took a deep breath. He followed Addie out to the porch. " I'm sorry!" he called to her before she got too far off. "Please forgive me. I'm so worried that you will get hurt, and I would never forgive myself. Did I tell you that I love you?" He caught up with her as she leaned on the fence that contained the lambs. "what would you do?" He wrapped an arm around her waist, and just listened. There was a long silence, but he resisted saying anything, waiting for her to say her piece.

When he rushed out to get to Addie Lillian was on her feet watching the scene. She already could see this woman was being controlled by her family and yet here was Aiden trying his best, within his power, to protect her from further harm. What she saw next surprised even her.

Addie slapped his arm away from her waist with her spinning to look at him. "No, you didn't tell me that! Also I wanted to go into his fucking office to find all of the papers he's been hiding! I can't!" She was mad as to her it felt like Aiden was slowly taking Victor's place on keeping her chained down. Her body was trembling as she stood there. "I suspected my parents are dead and there is a reason why my brother is keeping things from me. I didn't tell you this down by the river because I didn't want him to make you his soul target. If you want to be the so called man then go for it but I want you to think that I may not be around when you get back."

Lillian stood there with her jaw dropped. To her this was a quiet young woman and here she was sinking her fangs and claws into Aiden. Part wanted to laugh since this was a lesson Aiden needed to learn but yet she wanted to protect him from this verbal assault. So Lillian slipped inside to mix the dough up for fresh baked bread, not sure where this two will go.

Aiden didn't blink and he didn't flinch. He looked her straight in the eye. "Then let me correct that now. You can like it or not, but I love you! and no amount of anger from you will change that. You might also remember that you asked me to bring you here. I didn't force you to come. My family is willing to protect you, because of my feelings. They owe you nothing. I you run off and put yourself at risk what good was it for them to risk Victor's rath to protect you. I'll get you into Victor's safe, but that's a risky proposition for the both of us, and I won't let you be hurt. Not by Victor, not by anyone. If I take you along, you will do it my way, in every detail. Take one unnecessary risk and you will be back her so fast your head will swim. Just so you know, there are no locks on the doors here, no chains. You want to leave, tell me and I'll saddle you a horse. One thing you cant run from though, I do love you. That you better get used to." He stood there and waited for a response. "are you coming or not?"

"Excuse me?" She didn't flinch either when he went after her. "You telling me that you love me doesn't bother me. Its you telling me what to do does. I doubt your father barks orders at your mother....I imagine she fixed that long ago." Without another word she walked to the barn grabbing Buttercup and moved her out. Addie moved around Aiden getting the filly hitched up.

"I expect you to handle the asshole or atleast tie him up to make this a lot easier." She said to him over her shoulder. Reaching up as she pet Buttercup's muzzle but moved getting into the carriage holding the reigns.

Lillian could hear the two going at it from the kitchen. "Well are you sure this love of his will last, Michael?"

Aiden didn't bother to saddle the stallion, he just grabbed a handful of maine, and climbed aboard bareback. Kicking the horse in the ribs, he caught up with her and grabbed buttercup's bridal, and pulled the carriage to a stop on the drive. "My mother may be an independent woman, but she uses good sense. She doesn't jump off a cliff and expect my father to dive off with her. Your not dressed for what you are about to do, you have no weapons or supplies, and no place to hide. If Victor sees you, he will take you and have his way with you, and you won't be able to stop him. I'm going to let go of the horse in a minute and you do what you want. You can either run off on your own, or stop and think a minute and we'll go together with a plan. Its totally up to you!"

He let go of the horse and walked the stallion slowly back to the barn.

He wanted a plan and she was willing to sit there and talk to him about it but he walked away. Sitting there like a fool she ran her hands over her face thinking her next move over. She was a firm believer to get things out of the way but yet he went back to his parents' house before she could say lets talk this out. Instead of following she snapped the reigns with Buttercup yanking the carriage into the road heading back to her home.

Lillian stood on the porch watching all of this happening as her heart grew heavy. "Another dead woman."

The ride back to the large estate was slow and quiet but Addie was crying. For once she felt like she wasn't doing anything wrong but yet she was. Getting to the stables Thomas helped her unhitch Buttercup as he asked about Aiden. "He's resigned. He'll be by to collect his things and whatever he's earned." Of course she was heart broken but slowly she made her way into the house but there was a special room her father had dealt, weapons room. She couldn't live with her brother yet she couldn't allow him to continue living. She knew around this time her brother was making his rounds. Quietly she grabbed a pistol and began to load it when she heard his heavy footsteps. Addie looked over her shoulder seeing her naked brother who was drunk as hell charging. Crying out in shock as she whipped the pistol around. A loud explosion filled the house as blood splashed over Addie with a large hole in her brother's chest. Trembling as she dropped the gun walking out where she fell to the floor in the hall while the servants crowded and Roxy of course was foaming mad.

Aiden got down from the horse, hand ran into the house to find his father. "We need to go, and we need to go now! Addie is in trouble and won't listen to reason." She has gone to confront that asshole Victor, and find out what is in her father's will. Michael didn't walk, he ran and Aiden with him. He paused just long enough to kiss Lillian and then quickly saddled his horse. Aiden saddled the Stallion and they rode off quickly to Addie's home. when they arrived, Aiden ran into the front hall just in time to see Addie fall, her dress soaked with blood. His heart sank and he picked her up from the floor and screamed in anger at Victor. It was only then that he saw Victor, barely breathing on the floor his shirt soaked with blood. He looked back at Addie and heard her breath. He tore open her dress and found that she was not wounded, but had apparently fainted. Aiden swept Addie up off the floor and into his arms. He turned to his father. "Dad! don't let him die, I want to see him hang!" Michael looked over Victor and pressed rags against the wound to stop the bleeding.

Aiden carried Addie to Victors office and began picking the lock. He had the safe opened in minutes. He kissed Addie awake. "the safe is open, now what are you looking for in here?!"

Addie was out of it while Aiden ripped her dress open to check her for wounds. Once in the office she blinked several times while he kissed her and she had reached up touching his cheek. "He came at me...Had no choice." She looked down seeing her breasts were full view. "What is going on?!" Quickly she pulled what she could over her blood stained dress. Her mind becoming clear as she looked up at Aiden then saw the safe was open.

Smiling softly as she moved but she had to grab hold of Aiden then slowly she sat back down in the chair. "Empty the safe...Please." She said softly with her looking at her bloody hands as she was shaking. She was still in shock of shooting her brother.

Aiden pulled all the papers and money out of the safe and spread it on the desk and helped her into her brother's chair. "what are you looking for?" he asked. "You can have in mind to rob him do you?" he sorted out the money from the papers as she seemed to focus on the documents. "Don't worry too much you didn't kill him, but I mean to see him hanged." he watched as she sorted quickly through the papers and focused on a "Last Will and Testament". "Whose will is that?"

Once she saw the papers she went through them seeing the Last Will and Testament seeing the properties her parents had would be divided up evenly. If she wasn't married then her share was Victor's and her little brother got a good portion in the south. To her it made sense why her brother drove away all of the other men. Though there was a yellowed letter set in the back of the pile. Pulling it up as she read it seeing her parents had in fact died over a decade ago. Her younger brother was still in boarding school so with Victor somewhat out of the picture she was in charge of all of the estates.

"I was right...They died over ten years ago." She said as she held up the old letter wondering why Victor kept such a thing. Addie looked to Aiden as she felt like the world had crumbled around her and she was alone but yet she didn't want to be alone. "I'd understand if you want to resign still." She said as she took some of the money and held it out to him as her mind was foggy with the letter of her parents' death and what was to happen next. "I'm sorry for the trouble I caused, Aiden."

Aiden set the money back on the desk. " I love you" I resigned from working for Victor, but not from caring for you. I don't want to be paid. I don't want a boss, I want a lover and a wife. Someone I can love and who will love me. Do you think that is possible? I am willing to wait. " he hugged her gently, and looked into her eyes. " I told you I would be here for you and I am."

Addie watched as he put the money down on the desk and hugged her. She had her arms crossed over her breasts that were bare to the world to see. Looking at him as she heard what he said but yet it didn't seem real. Reaching up as she cupped his cheek while she kissed his chin.

"I won't give you my answer right now. Everything has changed as you can imagine." Smiling softly as she looked down with her arm still covering her breasts.

He took off his shirt and wrapped her in it so she wasn't exposed. I told you I love you and that I would wait. That is good enough for me. He put the contents of the safe in a brief case he found in the office. He helped her to stand, but her legs weren't steady. He lifted her into his arms. along with the case. Lets go see how my dad is doing with Victor.

When they got back to the front of the house, the sheriff was there, and they had Victor in irons. He was very much alive and very much in pain. When he saw Addie and Aiden, he screamed, If I ever get out, I'll kill you both! I promise you that. Aiden called to his dad who brought the horses. Michael held Addie for a moment while Aiden got on the horse and then Michael handed her up to Aiden, who seated her in his lap for the ride back to his house.

While Aiden had her covered up she smiled but she couldn't stay standing. To her they were safe as Victor was either dead or gone. Upon seeing him she nearly jumped out of Aiden's arms. "AIDEN!" She knew she killed him she was sure of it since it was point blank range. While Victor was being removed from the house she thought they were staying there since it was safe. Aiden took her away once more. "Aiden, what are you doing?" She asked with her looking up at him while he turned heading back to his house.

" We don't know whether the Sherriff will be able to hold Victor for the long term yet, and they have the house cordoned off for the investigation. If you want to go back I will take you there, but I worry about what might happen. What if Victor gets word to his goons and sends them after you. At your home, I wont have my father's help to protect you. Can I ask you to be our guest at my parents house for a few days? at least until the investigation is finished and we know what will happen to Victor? Besides my parents house is closer to town and the court if you need to file any claims to the estate."

Aiden was not afraid of victor but he was definitely worried about another confrontation directly involving Addie. They had been lucky once as he saw it, and didn't want to need luck again.

He seemed to catch on by coupling his request with a reason behind it did the trick. Seeing his point of view she nodded as she nuzzled up against his neck. "I'll be honored to stay with you and your parents." She could still hear Victor's yelling and screaming while Aiden took off on a gallop. Her grip on him got tighter as she couldn't see Michael coming up the back with Buttercup. Though Thomas was already clearing out those who were known to steal, Roxy was the first to be kicked out of the house or fired.

In the past before Aiden's name was whispered in their family, Addie wrote a small letter if she was the head of the family then Thomas would be her second in command if her husband wasn't around. So as of now Thomas has taken lead on clearing out the trash.

Aiden wrapped his arm firmly around Addie's waist giving her support and something to hold on to as they rode swiftly back to the house. When they reached his parents home, Aiden saw his moth waiting on the porch for their return, and he smile was evident when she saw Addie in Aiden's lap, and Michael following behind on her horse, and pulling his own behind.

Aiden waited for Michael to help Addie down before getting off himself and tying the stallion to the porch rail. "Mom, we are back. Addie will be staying at least until things settle down at her estate, and we know what is to become of Victor." He offered his arm to Addie for support in case her legs were still feeling shaky but leaving her the option of going inside on her own.

Michael gathered the three horses and lead them into the barn, after giving Michael the briefcase containing Addie's papers from the safe.

Addie was alright in her book but she didn't fight Aiden as he helped her inside. From there Lillian took over and took Addie to the back room so she can get Addie bathed.

Lillian didn't bother to save the dress as she ripped it off of Addie having her cry out in shock. "Don't worry sweetie. I made this thing and I know where the weak points are. Though Elizabeth was a skilled sewer. Heck, she sewed her father in to the bed as a prank. I couldn't stop laughing!"

Addie was helped into hot water as Lillian helped wash her when Addie withdrawn. Lillian moved helping to scrub the blood out of Addie's hair as Addie washed her face. Shortly Addie opened up to Lillian about her son asking her to marry him but she didn't know what to tell him. Lillian smiled as she looked down at the young girl who looked confused and scared. Lillian sighed softly and told Addie not to rush such a decision as she doesn't need to think she was being pushed into marrying Aiden just because he was the first.

"So why did you marry your husband?" Addie looked up at Lillian seeing a lock of her soft brown hair falling from the braid.

"He was there from the good to the bad. He was here when my father was alive, helped the harvest, protected me from a lewd noblemen and when my father passed....He was the one to bury my father and took on all of my father's chores plus the black smith shop in town. Aiden, is like his father in every way but I understand a woman's heart but a noblewoman's heart is a tricky one." After awhile Lillian wiped her hands clean and left Addie there to think about it.

Aiden went and collapsed into a chair, and Michael poured a couple of cups of coffee and sat down with him. "Well son, we managed to get through it. Addie reminds me a lot of your mother in her younger days. Its almost scary." Aiden wasn't surprised at his father's words. "Well Dad, I just hope I can do as well with her, as you have done with Mom. I love her a lot, I just hope she really believes it. She seems so afraid I want to tie her down. I really don't want that, but I can't bear to see her hurt. I'd cut off my arm first." Michael smiled.. " Just keep loving her. She will figure it out soon enough. Its a good thing your young. I don't know if I could handle it anymore, if your mother didn't understand me."

Aiden got up finally, and then got up and grabbed a towel, clean clothes and a bar of soap. " I'm heading down to the river to take a bath. Tell Addie she can find me there if she wants to." He was still bloody and he felt very dirty.

Lillian smirked as Aiden left. "Yeah...I think it took you years after the kids were born to settle in." Laughing as she leaned in kissing his cheek. "Also it seems Aiden had proposed to her." This was one bit of news she couldn't keep to herself since this was a big step for Aiden to even ask such a question.

Addie on the other hand got out of the tub getting dried off to see fresh clothes waiting for her. Once dressed she walked out seeing Lillian sitting with Michael but instead of walking out to them, she slipped off to the barn. Once outside a dark pup rushed out to her the impulse to pick the pup up to snuggle it was to strong. Laughing softly as this was the runt of the litter, which was the only one left, Addie picked the tiny girl up and walked to the barn to watch the foals. The multi-colored foal she met earlier walked over and stuck his nose right up into her face.

Aiden finished his bath and dressed. He left his shirt mostly open as it was warm and started back towards the house. As he passed by the barn he saw Addie watching the foals and holding the runt. He walked over to the barn and as her walked out beside her, he said you look lovely. He loved how her hair fell down around her shoulders. He leaned on the fence next to her and smiled at her. "I'm jealous of the puppy" he said.

Michael and Lillian watched from the kitchen window, as Michael wrapped his arm around her. "This should be interesting" Michael said smiling.

Addie looked at the hound dog pup who was growling at the colt who was trying to get Addie's attention. Smiling softly as she bent down putting the pup on the ground and in second the colt and puppy were running around, playing. Looking back to Aiden seeing his shirt was open but she looked away from him to watch the young ones playing.

"Thank you..." At this point she was happy he wasn't pushing for an answer for his proposal. Addie leaned against his shoulder as she closed her eyes.

"I hope she doesn't break his heart..." Lillian said as she stood next to her husband.

Aiden wrapped an arm gently around Addie's shoulders and cuddled her close. "I wouldn't be jealous if that were our baby" he said softly, his voice husky with emotion. He pulled her chin up hoping for a kiss. " I know what I want, do you?" I have what I need right here. " He gave her shoulders a squeeze and petted the puppy, whilehe waited to see what she would say.

Back
Top Bottom