Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Smithy's Lady, farmer's daughter (Wolvenrogue and Vampire07)

wolvenrogue

Singularity
Supporter
Michael was a big man and no stranger to Horses or wagon's. As the village blacksmith he knew both very well he stood some 6'5" and had a chest and shoulders as broad as an Ox, and he was just as strong. His biceps were long and thick and his quads were as large as a normal man's arms. Being summer and with him working at a forge most of the day, he was shirtless all the time wore only a pair of pants and boots. He was tanned from the son and his skin shone from the sheen of sweat he usually wore as a result of hard physical work in the warm air. His hair was thick and black and his chiseled facial features were set off by steel blue eyes.

He was delivering a wagon back to a nobleman, when another wagon with a woman aboard came careening past him and was headed for the large ditch at the bend in the road at a frightening pace. He pulled brake on the wagon he was driving and jumped from it to the other just as it passed. Almost diving into the front of the wagon, he took the reigns from the wide eyed woman struggling unsuccessfully to regain control .

He took the reigns from her and pulled mightily on the them, turning the horses and slowing them to a stop in the middle of the rode. "Are you alright?" he asked the panicked woman once the wagon was brought to a safe stop.

Lillian was a young farmer's daughter and in the farming community they were at the top atleast. Her long brown hair was braided back from her face as she was sent to town to deliver the produce of their fields and orchids. With empty baskets in her wagon she held the reigns of two young stallions that were somewhat trained to pull the wagon. The mares that normally pulled were pregnant with their third set of foals which would be given to other struggling farmers in their area. Her emerald eyes looked at her horses as they were given to her recently but the sound of a gun going off spooked the two massive steeds into a full gallop.

"Whoa!" She was nearly standing with her pulling on the leather straps. Struggling in her white blouse with her black skirt, mentally cursing for dressing up like this. God, what she wouldn't give to be in her slacks and a simple shirt right about now. Nearly twisting her ankle in the heeled boots with her falling back into the wooden bench when Michael appeared. His strong frame made her frame more smaller compared to her. She had perky ample breasts, tiny waist with a flare of her hips which was hidden under her skirt.

Trembling as the stallion were forced to a stop. The wagon creaked as she nodded to Michael. "Yes, thank you. I guess the gun firing spooked the two." She said as she pulled the brake and leaped down from the wagon walking to the tall stallions. One was a golden tan with snow white mane and tail while the other was a chestnut red with white socks. The two stallions looked to colorful to be property to a Farmer's daughter. Lillian ran her slender hands over their muzzles seeing the wild look in their eyes as they wanted to run free. "Easy, boys..." She rubbed their muzzles as she looked down the road seeing the cart Michael was riding in. "You look rather new. How long have you been in the area?"

" A month Ma'am" he got down from the seat of the wagon, and walked up to stand with her as she calmed the frightened horses. As he stood beside her the difference in their size was all the more apparent as he stood more than a foot taller than she, and though he had not an ounce of fat on him, he was easily more than twice her weight. Looking over the horses he noted that each had thrown a shoe in the ruckass, and pointing it out, he invited her back to the shop at the end of the day, and offered to shoe them both for nothing. The was something about the young woman made him naturally like her, and the fact that she was beautiful didn't hurt either. He saw to it she was safely back in control of her wagon, and then returned to his to make the delivery.

With his help she got back up in the wagon and thankfully they weren't far from the town. Turning the rebellous horses around she followed him back to the black smiths. "Oh so you're the man who replaced ol' man Thomason. Wonderful man. To bad the sickness took his life." She said as she stood aside letting him unhook the massive chestnut stallion, Valor.

When she was younger her mother would correct her to act like a little lady. Saying thank you, proper language, manners and book knowledge. It was her mother's wish she'd attract a Nobleman's attention. Sadly, the sickness took her mother's life along with her brothers'. So her continuing the behavior was her way of honoring her mother's wish. Standing next to Wheat, the golden stallion, she was rubbing his arched neck. "I do appreicate this. I'm Lillian by the way."

I am Michael. it is a pleasure, he said with a bit of a bow. he had the horse shod in just a couple minutes and hitched him back up exchange him for the chestnut. The whole procedure was done very quickly. He hitched the horse back up and then wishing her well he offered a part of a small sausage which he had prepared on the forge for his dinner. He was at the moment short of funds and it was all he had for dinner, though he kept all that to himself. From the look of the sausage, he wasn't much of a cook.

he laid it on an oak board and sliced it down and offered her some.

Lillian shook her head as he offered her the sausage. "No, I'm good. I need to get going. Thank you." Her soft pink lips turned into a smile with her leading the pair out. Michael had made an impression on her but she stopped with her looking over her shoulder at him. "To the south there are some farmers who may need some help with shoeing their horses. They are getting up in age to where they can't handle it themselves." She alerted him to possible funds since he helped her.

The chestnut stallion leaned his head down and nipped her rump. Lillian gasped as she runned the spot seeing the horses nickering. "Cheeky beast." She said with a smirk then slipped up into the bench. Waving to Michael as she drove off. The ride home was pleasant but her mind drifted to Michel wondering if he would be alright. After arriving home she saw her father was eating the stew she had slow cooking on the stove.

The house was modest and made for a new family. The horses were in the pastures running while the other animals were hatched down. "Sorry, I'm late." She said putting the purse of gold on the table and she went to the back where her room was.

"Did those demon boys give you a fit?" The graying man asked with him putting the money aside as they were strapped themselves but he believed in doing good for others will be repaid when the time was right.

"They still need some work but thankfully a Black smith was able to help and reshoe them for free." She replied as she walked out in the tanned slacks and a black shirt. Tying her hair up in a pony tail seeing her father's reaction.

"You've worked enough, Girl. Do your needle work." He said gruffly as he didn't like having his own daughter working with him in the fields where in thie society women were bound to housework.

"I haven't done anything." She said with her kissing the side of his head before walking out with a large dog jumped to her feet running along side her out to the fields.

Michael finished his sausage, and then laid on the cot at the back of the shop getting what rest he could before more work appeared at his forge. Some days there was plenty others none. today it was slow meaning tomorrow would be hungry. he lay on the cot daydreaming of his chance encounter with the woman that morning. It was rare to see a woman of such beauty in a small farming community like the lived in. since there was little money the women were generally not trained to keep themselves as she did. He dosed off dreaming of her, and was awakened some time later when a customer rang his bell. He got up and was out to the forge in a moment to see who was there to see him.

It was an older gentleman, clearly a farmer, and he was carrying a butchered chicken. "Are you the young blacksmith who helped a young woman this morning and shod her horses for free?" he asked him. "Yes sir, why do you ask? Michael answered. "I'd be her father. Names Tom, and I came to thank ye. Its not often a good man like you comes along any more. I brought you this here chicken, It ain't much fer what ye done, but it'll eat good." You stop around on Friday for dinner if your free." he stuck out his hand and shook Michael's warmly. "yes sir, aint every day you find a good man any more."

Lillian didn't know he took one of her horses to ride into town. The chestnut stallion stood outside pawing at the ground while at the farm Lillian was done picking the fruits and vegetables, she was inside cleaning them until her hands were raw. Aching and tired she looked to the left over stew wondering if Michael would enjoy it atleast they weren't wasting food. The stew was soup with alot of fresh vegetables in it but since she didn't see her father she assumed he was asleep.

Lillian stripped on the way to her bedroom then pulled on her town clothes. Outside she noticed Valor was gone. "Where is that...Oh well. Wheat!" She yelled out with the golden stallion trotting up to her. Shortly she had him strapped into the single pull cart with a pot of stew beside her and the large dog sitting in the cart behind her. Riding back into town as it was getting towards twilight when she approached the black smith seeing her other horse and her father riding off back home. Blushing a deep red not knowing what her father was doing but she pulled up to the shop. "Michael." She called out as the dog in the cart was barking happily for finally going for a ride. Taking the hot stew she walked inside seeing the butchered chicken in his hand. "I see you have dinner covered. Then I have your breakfast." She said with a soft smile showing him the dutch over pot.

Michael was embarrassed. he had wanted to be nice, and now the whole family was thanking him. "Will you take this home? he asked. Holding out the chicken. I have no idea how to cook it. I buy sausage because I can just throw it on the forge. You and your father still need to eat and here you have brought me stew as well." will you share it with me?' he didn't say it , but here company meant more to him than the food. Your father invited me to dinner Friday as well. He dusted off a chair and asked her to sit down then produced two iron bowels and spoons he had made with his own hands.

He served each of them a bowl of stew, and sat there eating happy for the company of a beautiful girl. His eyes hardly left her. Not only was her body beautiful but her hairs smelled clean, of soap and fresh water with a hint of lilac he thought.

Laughing softly as she refused the chicken. "We have plenty of food. You'll have to forgive him. Since my mother's death he wants to help others as part of her dying wish." Her family was lucky to have the land within their family for years or generations and in a way Lillian wanted to keep it in the family.

Sitting down with him as she didn't bathe before arriving, she should have. Though the wild flowers were in bloom and their scent was heavy on her skin. Eating along with Michael as she looked at the chicken then at the supplies he had. Once she was done eating she grabbed a knife of his and took the dead chicken. It seemed her handling the dead thing didn't sicken her like other women. "Its easy to cook these things." Once he was done she took him to the back where she sliced the chicken's skin and literally ripped it off its body. "I tend to take the skin off...Bit more of a struggle but you don't get the bits of feathers." She said as she looked up at him. Cutting the belly open with her showing how to gut the bird then she took a bucket of water washing the dead thing. Since they emptied the pot she walked over with fresh water and poured it into the pot with the chicken. Lillian was use to working with nothing so this wasn't a challenge as she put the pot in the ashes. "Just let it cook all night. Basically if the meat is bloodiy and pink let it cook longer. With practice you'll get it." She said as her hands were bit bloody from showing him how to prepare a chicken.

He offered her a bucket of water and a towel he kept at the shop, It wasn't pristine clean but it wasn't bloody either. The girl had a practical side, and it made him like her all the more. She could speak and act like a lady but underneath she was a down to earth woman. "Your mother must have been an awesome woman to raise a daughter as well as you have been. Any man could be proud to have you for a wife." He wanted to add "and for a lover" but thought better of it, and let it go. "Could I interest you in a walk by the river? Its lovely down there with a full moon." it was getting on towards evening, and the moon was out, but the sky not yet dark.

He wanted to spend time with her, any way he could. He was drawn to her as a fly was to honey. He hoped she would let him hold her hand or perhaps. well he didn't get his hopes up, but he could dream.

Lillian washed her hands ashe mentioned her mother she froze. She forgotten her mother would have slapped her hands to keep her from showing him how to cook a chicken. Looking down as she dried her hands with him mentioning the river side after he said any man would love to have her as a wife. By now she was beyond the traditional marrying age. Thinking about his offer of the walk as it sounded wonderful yet in society that young women weren't suppose to be out with men.

"That sounds lovely, Michael." She said with a smile and there was a soft blush across her cheeks. She was going against everything she was taught. "I assume the river you're talking about isn't far from here?" Her voice was soft as she unharnessed her horse and tyed him up to a psot to where he can move around and graze while they were gone. The dog whined softly when she leaped down but settled down in the grass watching Lillian walking to Michael.

He reached for her hand, and when she didn't shy away immediately, he took it hoping she would not be offended. It was a beautiful clear evening an the moon was full and the air comfortably cool. He walked her across the road, and down a wooded trail where they would be mostly if no completely alone. It felt so good to have her small hand in his, and he was near enough to feel the heat of her body as they walked. He talked of his family, all long gone, leaving him alone. Only the tools in his blacksmiths shop which had belonged to his grandfather bore any witness at all to the family he once had. All were wiped out by a mythical scourge, someone had called flu.

As they approached the river, they stopped on the high bank and sat down, their legs hanging over the edge and watching the water flow silently by. Without thinking, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her agast his side and her head was made to rest on his shoulder. He stopped suddenly realizing what hed done expecting her to pull back from him.

With him walking her across the road she turned red as he grabbed her hand. After thinking about it she took her hand free from his own and wrapped her arm around his own. Listening talk about his family and how they all died of the new sickness called the flu. With them reaching the bank she sat down with her feet tucked up under her skirt though when he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Instinct took over as she reached up removing his arm from her shoulder.

Clearing her throat wondering why he was doing this. Looking around seeing they were all alone at the river bank and suddenly she grew uncomfortable. She never had a man's attention even when she was out with friends when they were being taught. So she assumed she wasn't worthy of being anyone's wife and there for turned her attention to helping her father.

"My mother was taken when she was trying to care for my twin brothers. Father couldn't help since he was out and I was made to stay with a friend. Until I recieved word she fell ill and I came home. Weeks went by and the three were buried while I was left untouched by the sickness. So its only my Father and I. Also...I don't think he has much time left either. He may have survived the sickness but its taken a toll on his body."

Michael couldn't help but be disappointed when she had removed his arm from around her. He knew it had been a bold move, and that it risked complete rejection, which didn't happen, but none the less her had hoped she would accept the gesture. he laid his arm on his thigh, palm up with an open hand, inviting hers to be placed there if she chose, as he heard her story it was all too familiar, though it ended slightly better than his. It seemed they were two people alone in the world for all intents and purposes.

He looked over at Lillian and seeing the sadness in her eyes that recounting her story had obviously brought, he longed to hug her, but having had his affections rebuffed once such a short time ago, he made no move to do so. "I'm so sorry" he said knowing how poor a comfort they were having heard them himself any times. He did dare to reach out and gently touch her face. His eyes filled with sympathy. It was a simple delicate gesture, he hoped would say more than his words were capable of.

Lillian was sad and confused also. She wanted to live her life the way she wanted and yet a part of her wasn't going to let her go that easily. With him touching her cheek she looked at him seeing he was sorry for her lose. Reaching up as she slipped her hand over his own with her rubbing her cheek into his hand. Oh how good it felt to be caressed that it made her heart ache. Slowly coming back to reality with a tear rolling down her cheek.

Lillian got to her feet trying to turn away from him quickly so he wouldn't see the lone tear. "Its getting rather late." Her back ached and she needed to wake up early in the morning to harvest and can what she could before winter comes. Along with she planned on putting her new found trapping skills to the test to catch rabbits as a quick meat source. Walking abit ahead of him but stopped when she didn't hear his movement. "I'd like it if you walked with me atleast."

He was only as step behind her. as he had followed when she turned and began to walk away. He had seen the tear begin its trail down her rosy cheek, and had hoped to continue his touch when she had turned away. Still it made his heart leap when she pressed his hand against her face. "I am right here" he said softly hoping that he would not startle her. He held out his hand to her hoping against hope she would take it. His eyes met hers and and reaching out her dried the tear's trail down her face with a finger. " I would love to walk you back".

He was rolling the situation over in his mind. He knew he would see her again on Friday evening, but it was Tuesday, and that seemed an eternity from now. Before today he had wandered aimlessly through empty days, he hadn't ared for time at all. He was merely existing. Now within hours his entire perspective on life was different.

When he offered his hand she slipped her hand down into his own while his other hand dried the trail the tear left behind. Smiling up at him she walked with him through the trail but with over grown bushes, roots and rocks she had to hang on to his arm for support. Reaching the road she saw the shops around had blew their lights out and even with the moon out a chill ran down her spine.

Slipping from his side she walked to the stallion and harnessed him up. Whistling softly the large sleeping dog snored herself awake. "Inside, Star..." She said with the dog stretching then leaped into the cart. Lillian turned looking at her hands. "I had a wonderful time, Michael. I live to the south in a two story house on the left side with a house like mailbox. You can't miss it." She said with her looking up at him with a shy smile. "I'll see you Friday then." That was all she said as she climbed up into the cart. "Oh don't forget to bring that pot back when you come by." With a smile she flicked the reigns with Wheat trotting off with him arching his golden neck.

The ride home was cold but she reached home to a dark quiet house. With Star laying on the large porch, Lillian went inside after getting the horses feed and watered. Tired she stripped down and dressed into a night gown then slipped into bed, under a heavy quilt. She didn't fall right to sleep as the feeling of Michael's large hand cupping her own cheek was fresh in her mind. Nuzzling into the pillow with her closing her eyes forcing herself to fall to sleep.

Michael stood their speechless, He could still feel her soft warm skin and the dampness of the tear on the tip of his finger. That and the warmth of her tiny hand as it had rested in his. he had been amazed at how delicate her fingers seemed and yet yet she was far from helpless, handling a knife like a butcher as she dismantled the chicken. He wondered though how such a small woman was able to handle the spirit horses that drew her wagon. The were ill suited for the task, Draft horses would have been better, but the village was poor, and you made due with what you had.

He closed up the doors to his shop, and went to the back, and sunk into the make-shift cot which he had there. Sleep did not come easily. He thought the possibilities of how he might see her again before Friday. He opened the shop early the next morning, and and waited. with no business coming in, he checked the chicken and it was warm and delightful but seeing that it was too early in the day he dipped out a cup of the broth for breakfast, and replacing it with water closed the pot tightly. With no business at the shop, he decided to take her suggestion and go farm to farm. He packed up his farrier tools in his hand cart and started off walking. he was spending a lot of time walking, but she was right, to suggest it as business was brisk and he had his best morning in a month. returning to the shop about eleven, he had an idea, packing up the soup and the iron bowls and spoons, he headed in the direction of the unique house and farm she had described. Even before he saw the house he saw her in the middle of the field, a scarf round her beautiful hair, stooped over and picking vegetables. He pulled his cart to the side of the road and taking the pot and two bowls and spoons walked across the fields to greet her. "Hello there! I thought you might like to share this wonderful chicken with me" he smiled at her and setting down the pot sat down beside her.

Lillian was sweating so much that she felt faint. Her father wasn't home as he was visiting others whose sons or simply men of the household was under hand. So she was there by herself tending to what she could. With a small cart full of baskets of varies types of food she heard barking and growling from the dog she trusted with her life.

In her thick leather boots that came up to her knees and her tan slacks, she looked to the east. Michael was walking up and by now she was struggling not to black out. "Thank you...Slow Business?" She bent down picking the dishes up. The heat was strong and she was a bit of a good distance from the house to just drop everything to get water nor did she think she had time to rest. Putting the dishes in the cart she grabbed the handles and pushed it. It didn't budge as her knees collasped with her falling against the cart. She hit her limit and was beyond it.

Star, the black and white dog whimpered as she nudged Lillian and whimered in her ear. "Star, stop it." Lillian spoke weakly as she swatted the dog who ducked her head taking the swat making it into a pet. Not wanting to be seen weak Lillian grabbed the cart and tried to pull herself up onto her feet but her legs wouldn't obey her.

Michael caught her in his arms before she collapse again, and leaving everything where it sat, he carried her up to the house. Seeing the old wooden porch swing he laid her on it and pulling the scarf from her head went to the well and drew a bucket of cool water. Returning to the porch, he dipped the tin cup he had found at the well in the water and gave her a drink. He dipped her scarf in the water and began to mop her face and forehead. Her skin was rosy red and hot to the touch. She was seriously overheated. He pulled the thick boots from her feet and seeing she wore a heavy gauze shirt over some sort of camisole he started to unbutton it. You have to cool down. He said as he finished unbuttoning the blouse and pulled it open to let her get air. He then took the wet scarf and washed her feet with the cool water before rinsing it and wiping her face again. He drew a fresh bucket of water and gave her a second cup before saying sternly "Stay here" and then heading out to the field to retrieve the vegetables and the pot.

When he arrived back at the porch she was beginning to look better, so he dished up some chicken in a bowl, and handed it to her before getting his own. "Business was very good, thanks to your suggestion. looks like you could use some help though. Where is your father?"

She didn't fight as she curled up to Michael within his massive arms. Once he laid her down on the swing she was feeling better from being in the shade but she wanted to sleep. With him removing the scarf her long hair unwind into curly locks. Though with him pulling the boots off she tucked her feet up but with him unbuttoning her shirt she gasped. "Michael!" She grabbed at his hands with ehr face turning a bright red. Even though she had an undershirt she didn't feel comfortable with him seeing her like this.

After he helped her cool off she shifted with him offering her more water. Taking the bowl seeing the chunks of chicken in the bowl. The slow cooking over night made the meat fall from the bones. "Thats good..." She said as she wasn't hungry but yet she worked herself to hard. Slowly eating the meat she looked up at him as the juice ran down her chin. Lillian wiped the brooth with the sleeve of her shirt. "He's out helping others. Like I said before he thinks helping others is a good thing and good things will come back to us." She said with her drinking the warm brooth. From the pasture she heard a few nickers and whines. Looking over she saw their mares walking or waddling. "Some times I wonder how did the hell I get those two demonic steeds from those mares." She said softly as the mare looked to be massive to be related to draft horses. Though she knew the movements of one mare whose belly looked ready to pop. "Looks like we're going to be welcoming a foal today." She said with a smile to Michael as if this was so normal to her that she assumed it was normal for everyone else.

"Well if that's the case, I better get my cart from the road and give yo a hand with the vegetables, before that happens, we might be up all night with her judging from her size. But don't worry I have the tools we need to help her if things get stuck. "I'm a farrier too he said. I've delivered a lot of horses."

He went to the road and was back in a few minutes with his cart. "Before we go back out in that heat, haven't you got something cooler to wear? Like as sun dress or something. I don't mind carrying you and all but it does slow you down, and judging from that mare over there, we don't have too much." He stripped off his shirt revealing his heavy chest rippling with muscles. He unloaded the vegetables from the cart and loaded it with empty baskets. "Why don't you change, and meet me in the field" He grabbed the cart and headed out in the sun.

He didn't give her a chance to tell him she didn't have anything else that was light and airy. She couldn't afford that luxary not with snakes out in the fields. Ignoring him she finished her breakfast or lunch and went out there with him. "You seem bit new to farming..." She said as she looked to a bushy area and threw a rock. The sound of a rattle went off in a sharp high pitch tone. "Thats why I can't afford to have anything light and airy out here." She said as she had her boots back on but she helped him pull the corn off the staks, was careful on moving around the field. Shortly with the sun going down she helped pull the cart in that was heavy with food.

Though she didn't stop there as she found the foaling mare and pulled her into the stables. "Easy girl..." She whispered softly as the large gentle mare nuzzled her before moving around her stall trying to make a bed out of the hay. Lillian did take the over shirt off and tossed it aside with ropes at the side, ready. Lillian looked over to Michael as he never missed a beat to be at her side. "This doesn't bother you one bit?" She asked but it wasn't about the horse giving birth. "The whole...a woman can act like a noble woman and a farm hand at the same time?" She asked but the movement got her attention.

In moments she was in the stall with her hand slipping where it needed with Michael's help they were able to pull two foals free from the mare. Both were alive thanks to Michael. Lillian cleaned one young filly off as the mare cleaned the other foal off. Lillian was a mess once more but it was a badge that she could survive without a man in her life.

"Do i look like a man after a princess?" he asked in response to the question. "Am I amazed that you speak well, and that you are educated? Perhaps a bit, but I credit your mother with that as I credit my father with my education. We are peas in a pod really" Both able to speak well and be respectable, but neither afraid of hard work and getting dirty, or being kind. Your father said I was a remarkable man. I count it a great compliment coming from him. For he is all the more remarkable, and you like him."

The second foal was in deep and beyond the reach of Lillian's arms. Michael reached in to the shoulder and collecting two tiny hooves in his huge hand pulled the second foal from the mare, She trembled, and he leaned hard against her side to help her deliver the after birth. He helped the mare to her feet and led the filly to her nipple to nurse. He sat back in the straw and smiling and full of blood and mucous watched one of natures great miracles.

Back
Top Bottom