Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What Super Powers would you have?

Cygnas Kain

Planetoid
What Super Powers would you have? I'm sure almost everyone has heard this question at least once. I looked though and I couldn't find a thread on it so I thought I'd propose the same question but with a twist.

If you could have 1 greater power as well as 1 lesser power, what would they be?

To clarify: Let's say you chose super strength. As a lesser power you could pick up a bus, but as a greater power you could move a mountain. Let's assume you wanted to shoot fire. Greater would mean you could easily melt your way through 6 a foot thick titanium wall. Lesser would mean you could incinerate any combustible object but anything thicker than a car door that isn't flammable would take considerably longer to get through. hopefully this conveys the idea well enough.

For me, I would take teleportation first and foremost. Being able to go from one point to another, regardless of the distance, in an instant would make my life so much easier.

Secondly being able to shoot beams out of my eyes would be pretty cool I think. Just enough to knock someone off their feet, would be handy.

TELEPORTATION!

Transportation is a bitch for me, this would solve all my problems. :)

Lesser power?
Maybe inhuman reflexes.

Memory, thats a good one. I heard someone really had a super memory, so its possible.

I would love to be one of those people that can just read something once and recall it almost exactly word for word at will.

Teleportation, Genderchanging

I do all my bad stuff as a man, and live as a female *drool* lol

ArcturusV said:
I would love to be one of those people that can just read something once and recall it almost exactly word for word at will.

Its called having a photographic memory.

hehehehe

well, teleportation would be first (has nightcrawler on the brain *hugs and squeezes him). i've always found that to be a cool superpower. next, ummm.... maybe telekinesis. would be cool to be able to move stuff just by thinking about it. XD

Thats hard...but if I had to pick Greater power is ability to control matter, and lesser would be eternal youth.

Well, if greater teleportation is traveling anywhere you can conceive of, then lesser must be traveling anywhere you've already been or seen once before. Or limited range, in which case it would take a few jumps to cross country, and you best be careful trying to cross the ocean.

Given that, I think lesser teleportation would suffice if I could have Matter Duplication as a greater power. That means I can create things out of nothing. Specific things, even. I'd be willing to suffer under the limitation that I'd have to touch something before I could copy it, but that means I could walk through a bookstore, trailing my fingers along the spines, and later reproduce any of those books I wanted. That great cheesesteak sandwich I had that one time? The perfect martini? I can have them anytime. Oh, what's this? I need a fully-loaded Glock with laser sight? Bam. Oh, wow, I'm glad I went to the gun show! Now I can pull out a howitzer. Or a jerrycan of gasoline, as many times as I want. And I'll never be short of spare change. As I get older, my prescription drug bills will be lower (as will those of my loved ones). And everybody's getting a LCD HD TV for Christmas! Ignore that the serial numbers are all the same.

I could create any food or gear I wanted; I'd just have to pay for housing. But that's doable; find an industrial element supplier to reveal my secret to, and supply them with their element for cheaper than the usual. "So, you've been extracting helium from natural gas at a cost of eighty dollars a tank? These tanks here, they're all empty? How about I fill them for fifty dollars a tank? It'll take me about ten seconds per tank. You don't ask questions and pay me as an unspecified contractor, and I'll fill as many tanks as you want, as many per day as you need." I don't even need to create plutonium to sell on the black market for that. Maybe I should vend something on eBay or Etsy or something, too. Create one, sell dozens of copies. Once I buy my house, I can save up for property taxes, and copy enough solar panels and such gear to keep my utilities low.

If that's a greater power, I'd also want to be able to make changes in the things I reproduce. Altering color, for example, or eliminating RFID chips, or what have you.

it would just be youth, I would stil be able to walk on the street and get shot and die.

For Greater, I'd want shapeshifting. (And thus kick much ass at cosplaying, lol) and lesser would be photographic memory, so I can remember every detail of someone and make the shapeshifting thing much easier.

Strongest power: Empath (I already am but this would be so nice for me... I like my fellow humans)
Weaker power: Telepath (Short distances only, like in the same room but no further)

Reality warping. The power to make anything I imagine real.

I blame the god-complex on being a GM. :lol:

cheerio_cherry said:
Weaker power: Telepath (Short distances only, like in the same room but no further)
The problem with telepathy/mind reading is that you figure out that everyone is as boring as you thought they were.

My greater power would be shape-shifting, because it would be much more useful than just teleportation. I could shift into a large bird, for example, and be used to transport many people at once, all the while showing them the sites.

For lesser, I would have to say Night-eye. I'm awake most of the time in the dark anyway, so being able to see in the dark easily would be the biggest boon.

Perfect command of communication, the ability to consider ALL viewpoints on any situation, and craft a response to evoke the exact response I want.

I like the power, but I dont desire to have pretty much total control over others. sound like it would be boring.

I proposed this question to a friend and his response was rather interesting.
Greater power: The ability to answer any question asked to him infallibly. This, of course, includes questions that no one has ever been able to find the answer to. This still works even if he had no previous knowledge of the subject in question. Also, he could answer his own questions, eliminating the need for a second party.

Lesser Power: Telekinesis just to be able to manipulate minor objects at will.

My greater power would have to be earth manipulation. I'd love the ability to bend the earth and stone to my will, as well as use it as a means of transportation.

My lesser power would probably be.......hmm.....I suppose telescopic sight. I can see for up to, say, one or two miles away, but only in regular human quality.

I think to turn myself visible at will. I think that would be a great power since most people tend to look right through you, regardless of what they think they do. This would be particularly useful during public speaking and spending time with the family.

I would also like to make cakes appear out of thin air. If the turning myself visible to those around me doesn't quite work I think magically appearing cake would. Because, you know, everyone loves cake and magical cake would be all the better. Plus what bad guy would want to kill you when you're offering him a thick slice of red velvet? The answer would be none.

Back
Top Bottom