Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fire and Snowfall (Skyrim RP)

V

Vic Rattlehead

I was in a RP on the Bethesda forums which unfortunately died, but I'm bringing it back on this site. Not only am I participating in the roleplay, but I'll also be moderating it and I'm looking for some else to help moderate the RP. Without further ado I present Fire and Snowfall

With the death of High King Torygg, outright Civil War in Skyrim is now a certainty. News that Ulfric Stormcloak had been captured was swiftly replaced with that of the town of Helgen being razed...by a Dragon. The Legion is mobilising, the Stormcloaks are raising their banners...and across Skyrim, whispers and rumours of 'The Dragonborn' begin to surface from myth and legend.

All of this is of little comfort to a small band of legionnaires, auxiliaries and rag-tags trying to make their way across Skyrim's wilderness. Brought together by the Legion, they are sent to perform the tasks too dangerous, too important (or not important enough) for Tullius to have traditional legionnaires perform. Their unit has no name and no proud history other than that which its members bring with it. Some have joined willingly, others had little choice. For some, it is the chance to redeem themselves for past wrongs, and for others it is just another chance to earn some coin.

Their mission; to win hearths for the Imperial flag by aiding the people of Skyrim in any way they can, against any menace. Wandering the wilds of Skyrim, they deal with problems others cannot (or will not); whether 'simply' wild beasts and attacks from rebels and bandits, or the threat of lesser known but no less deadly creatures and monsters, and especially the threat of Stormcloaks. Survivors of ambushes, Stormcloak victims and maybe even some who lived through Helgen, even the melting snow on the plains helps little. For everywhere they go, Stormcloak eyes search for them. And if dragons truly are coming back, even the sky may hold danger...

Rules

1) Post length: At least three paragraphs of decent writing (A sentence is not a paragraph, though starting a new line for dialogue is accepted). This is in an attempt to prevent the occurrence of “conversation posts”:

Player 1 posts a line of dialogue and brief description
Player 2 replies to line of dialogue
Player 1 replies with two lines
Player 2 replies with two lines
Player 1 replies with two lines
etc

Please don’t do this. Not only does this make it hard to keep track of everything that’s going on but it means that a thread reaches its 200 post limit earlier. Try to let everyone get a post in before putting up your next one. That way everyone gets a chance to react to an

I’m sorry if that sounds snobbish, but I’ve found it can make keeping track of an RP very difficult. If you don’t feel that you can do this, then this RP probably isn’t for you.

2) No God-moding or Character controlling (kind of a no brainer)

2.1) No vamps or were-characters, or dragonborns (again, for fairness)

3) No uber weapons/armour (ideally steel or lower, but dwarven/elven is acceptable)

4) No out of character arguments or deliberate slander. Yes, there are times where we are going to disagree, but keep it civil.

5) Historical Accuracy: Yes, the Imperial Legion is based on the Romans. But they AREN’T Romans. Try not to get bogged down trying to be historically accurate. (Do be realistic however).

6) In game mechanics: don’t use them. That includes instant healing potions, carrying a thousand arrows, eating six apples to regain health… you get the idea.

7) HAVE FUN That's why we're here.

Character sheet (Don’t be afraid to be detailed)

Name:
Race:

Appearance:

Personality: (Please attempt from putting “Shown in RP”. That doesn’t tell us anything. Give us at least some indication of what they’re like.)

Skills (max of ten, can include non-game skills):

Weapons, Armour and Other gear:

History: (Include why they’re part of the group)

An example of a CS:
Name: Caradin Ironspike
Race: Nord
Born: 4E 158

Appearance: 6’3 and solidly built with scars on his arms and chest. He has black hair that is long and thick, kept from his face with two braids, and a short beard. His eyes are deep blue. He has heavy brows and a largish nose. He has the noble look about him, but also weary.

Personality: Caradin is occasionally hot-headed, with a dead hatred for the Thalmor and the Dominion. At the same time, he bares ill will towards the Reachmen of High Rock, and the Stormcloaks; the former for how they treated the local Nords in their uprising, and the latter for causing disunity within the Empire. He is wary of outsiders, but incredibly loyal to those who he calls friend. He is not easily impressed. Most of all however, his attitude is dour and grim. Having seen so many die fighting the Dominion, for seemingly no cause, has made him bitter towards the Empire. That said, he still remains loyal in the hopes that one day the Empire will regroup and renew the fight against the Dominion.

Skills:

- battle strategy (especially guerrilla warfare)
- One handed (mainly swords, but also handy with an axe)
- block (shield)
- hunting and tracking
- smithing
- Wilderness survival
- heavy armour
- speech
- endurance

Weapons, Armour and Other gear:
- elven broadsword
- steel axe
- octagonal shield (made of steel and wood)
- steel Nordic bracers and cuffed boots, a sleeveless shirt of chainmail and plate cuirass worn under a blue fur-trimmed surcoat, scale pauldrons/sleeves, a black cloak with wolf pelt hood
- a silver chain with the point of an iron fire poker
- a small pack of supplies, such as a few poultices, rope, bandages, a few days worth of food, flint, and a waterskin

History:
Caradin’s father, Haedrian, was a mighty Nordic warrior who lived in County Skingrad, but originally lived in Eastmarch. He met a woman one night named Ayla and bedded her. When she fell pregnant, Haedrian asked her father for her hand, so that her honour may yet remain intact. But her father refused, and would not give his consent. So Haedrian and Ayla eloped and moved as far away as possible, settling in a small village in County Skingrad. Caradin was the result of their union. He learned to become a smith, like his father, also learning the basics of combat. However, things took a turn for the worst with the invasion of the Aldmeri Dominion and the outbreak of the Great War.

Skingrad soon fell to invaders, and from there the army continued a devastating rampage of destruction, with many raiding parties sent ahead of the army to torch the countryside. Caradin’s village was one of the last to fall. A small detachment of Nordic legionnaires (including one Aerys Borne) had been despatched in the area to halt, or at least delay the advance of the Aldmeri troops to allow more time for reinforcements to arrive. The aid of the legionnaires however did little to prevent Haedrian dying while defending his family. Despite being only fifteen years old Caradin joined the fight, half act of wild vengeance, half out of survival, and managed to survive the battle, committing a great act of valour that is seldom spoken of, involving the defeat of a mighty Aldmeri warlock. The legionnaires were able to defeat the Dominion raid, but the village was destroyed and their numbers were reduced to a pitiful count. The body of Caradin’s mother was never found.

From that day on, Caradin served the legion as a smith until the Great War ended. He left the legion’s service, and returned to Skyrim, needing a change of scene from the horrors of his youth. He made a living by offering his skills as a trapper and hunter. This soon expanded into mercenary work. It is for this reason that he finds himself leader of the rag-tag group of warriors, legionnaires and others, as he knows Skyrim’s landscape and people better than any other.

This idea sounds like a lot of fun :) I have a few character concepts tumbling around in my mind that would work well for it. But, just for clarification, would you like characters posted here or will you be making a separate thread for them?

I'll make a thread once we get more people and oh this may help people, whose character hail from Cyrodiil http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1423157-a-visitors-guide-to-the-imperial-province/

Alrighty, fair enough. Well count me in. I'll likely be playing either a Redguard or an Orc who is a veteran of the Legions. Thinking I'll have him be a scout/hunter type with a bit of magical talent

Just made the character profiles thread, if you already have your character written out.

Back
Top Bottom