Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rookie [Incubus x MiseryChord]

Incubus

Planetoid
Arthur Glasford made sure to come early for his first day after being promoted to investigator. He'd been a beat cop for only a few years -- he was a pretty young guy to make detective, and he was excited as all hell to get started. One part of his new job was reporting to a new supervisor. He hadn't met her yet but had heard good things about her. The young man slicked a hand through his hair as he made way through police headquarters, into a quadrant he'd never been in before -- the investigation offices. He was wearing more than a little nervous. Still a few minutes early, he decided to knock on his superior officer's door just to see if she was around, too, to show him the ropes.

Serenity Daniels heard the knock at her door. She stood, adjusting her uniform top before striding over and opening the door. A smile was on her face. "May I help you?" Her breath smelled like the coffee she had been drinking and she blushed slightly upon seeing the man at her door.

The man let out a deep breath and nodded his head a few times. "My name is Arthur Glasford, ma'am. I'm the new investigator..." he extended his hand towards her with a smile on his face. "It's an honor to meet you," he said, "- I was told to report to you as soon as I came in for my first day. Are you free to show me how things work around here?" he spoke fairly quickly; nervously.

She nodded. "Ah! Yes! Investigator Glasford. You came highly recommended." She smiled, holding out a hand. "Lead Investigator Serenity Daniels." She said frowning at his question. "I'm sorry. We have a big case that just came in. I will be unable to show around at the moment, however, you may be able to help." She grinned. "Have you ever went undercover before?"

The young man's eyes widened quite a bit when she spoke to him about a big case -- and that he might be able to help? Already? His palms sweat a little bit and he cleared his throat before shaking his head. "I, uh... I mean -- I've done some small stuff before. You know, undercover buy-busts for dope and things like that. But never anything major..." he let out a long breath. "Why? What's the new case?"

She led him into her office and shut the door, handing him the file. "A homicide case. Suspect preys on couples in hotels mostly." She explained, pulling up the scene pictures on her prgector. They were pretty gruesome. "No signs of struggle. We assume he mainly sticks to swingers clubs and is invited in. He may have a partner as well."

The man folded his arms over his chest and nodded a few times. What better way was there to make a good impression than to start off with a solid undercover job? He slicked a hand through his hair, let out a breath, and finally answered: "I'd love to do anything I can to help. What would you like me to do?" he asked.

She gave him a smile and sat on her desk in front of him. "Well...I need an undercover partner. Since I am the only female on the team. Interested?" She asked before further explaining. "We will go undercover as a couple. Hit up the swinger's club and see what happens. We have our suspect but need solid proof." She pulled up a picture of a middle-aged man with sandy colored hair and green eyes. "Blake Barton. Thirty-six."

The man rubbed the back of his neck once more - a nervous tic, evidently. He was fairly nervous at the prospect of what she was suggesting. It was a lot more than he had ever handled before, but that was a huge responsibility! He could really prove himself. The man summoned up his courage, swallowed and tried to cool his nerves. "I would be happy to do that," he said. "What should we do first? This is my first assignment, after all," he cracked a wry smirk, "I'll try to follow your leadership."

She laughed softly. "First, we should review our files and get to getting our disguises and false information." She replied, standing and holding out a hand to help him stand. "Come. We'll get you aquainted with what it takes to go undercover and become a ghost."

"Sounds good to me," he said. He stood up with her when she held her hand out for him, taking it and walking alongside her. "What sort of an identity are we going to be taking on for this, then, huh?" he asked. "I've never uh... never really been to any of those swinger clubs or anything like that before," he admitted with a bashful smile. He gnawed his lower lip with his teeth for a moment.

"That is where it gets fun. You can be whatever you want. Even go as far as special makeup to change ypir appearence if you'd like." She grinned. "And you think I have been to a swinger's club before?" She smirked, looki.g up at him. "We will be a couple that is certain. Newlywed, engaged whatever."

Back
Top Bottom