Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Another school year begins

Kikora

Banned
Banished
Teyha nervously tucked away the last of her books into the pack, securing the last of her bindings before she slung the bag over her shoulder. Without a word she walked out the door of her home, shutting it quietly behind herself. Today began another year at her magical academy, and she was eager to begin her studies again, and leave her family behind for another few months. She moved down the street to a small clearing, and sat down to wait, leaning back as she gazed up at the sky. The exact location of the academy wasn’t known to any of the students, for their own protection, so they were told to meet in predetermined locations near their homes at the start of the year.

Almost an hour passed before Teyha sat up sharply, watching as the world seemed to shift around her. She gave a soft gasp, still uncomfortable with the shift, and in a blink of an eye she was surrounded by hundreds of other upperclassman students. Several grumbled under their breath about the discomfort of their teleportation, but Teyha just slung her pack over her shoulder. She was far too excited to be in school again to mind exactly how they arrived.

“WELCOME TO A NEW YEAR AT VIS INCEDIA ACCADAMY, YOUR BELONGINGS HAVE BEEN BROUGHT TO YOUR ROOMS, PLEASE REPORT TO YOUR FIRST CLASS”

Teyha winced slightly as the bellowing voice cut through the fuss, and moved to the wall, grabbing one of the blank sheets of paper posted there. Almost immediately upon touching the sheet her name appeared at the top, and she glanced over the schedule. ‘Advanced Potions, room 809’.

She grinned to herself, and pushed through the mass of people to try to reach her class. They shoved back at her, everyone fighting and pushing to get to class. It took Teyha several long minutes to break free, and she hurried to try to reach the class in time.

“Sorry I’m late teacher!” Teyha gasped when she finally arrived, quickly taking a seat in the back corner of the classroom, and put her book on the desk and opened to the introduction page.

The first day of school, quite the time for the teachers. It was always hard to start class on the first day, multiple students being late for different reasons. Mis-teleporting, getting lost on their way to class, etcetera. So when the young Miss Teyha ran into the room with apologetic eyes, he merely nodded with a smile. Kendall was the potions teacher here at Vis Incidia, and he had been for a couple of years now. He had taken the job right after he graduated, and wasn't much older than most of his students, but was still world renown for being one of the best Alchemists in this century. He just had a natural gift for it.

His ice blue eyes traveled over the students that had already arrived, and a smile crawled to his lips. A tall man, with medium length dark brown hair that set off the brilliant blue in his eyes. He had a little pale complexion, though not too bad. And he was slender in frame, but under his robes, his body was toned. As his eyes traveled over the students, he couldn't help but let them linger on the young Miss Teyha once more. She was quite a pretty girl. though, he quickly shook the thought away as teachers were not supposed to think about students like that.

"Good morning everyone, many of you I know, and some are new to my eyes...I am Mr. Alistros, your potions teacher. But once you get to know me, I doubt the formal names will stick." He nodded, hopping up on the edge of his desk with a smile. "Many of you probably assumed that when you saw potions on your schedule, that it was going to be the class that was dark...and gloomy, and smelled funny. But I'm going to try my best to make this your favorite class. If you couldn't tell. I'm not much older than most of you, so I understand how boring school is and such, and I am working to try and make this as fun as possible for you." He hopped off the desk and smiled. "So, are there any questions for me today?"

Teyha had heard rumors about the potion teachers, sent in little messages over spring break from one witch home to the next. A prodigy alchemist with ability and skill unlike what the world had seen in centuries. Teyha was considered talented for her age... But nothing compared to what she had heard about this man. She had assumed he would be a cold figure, devoted the studies and strict. She ducked into the room expecting a lecture for being tardy, but to her surprise the man didn't bat an eyelash.

She slid into a desk at the very back of the room, in the corner away from the other students. She was never particularly liked, prone to attracting bullies with her timid and easily shook demeanor. At one point the year before a student thought it funny to enchant her hair a brilliant shade of blue, only to have Teyha become overjoyed at the change. She changed most of her hair back to the same black, in short and loose curls that hung around the pale structure of her face, but with bold blue highlights mixed throughout. Blue that at some points almost matched the brilliant color of their teacher's eyes, such an intense shade that she could see it clearly even from her tiny corner.

He looked at her for a moment, a smile on his face, and she dropped her eyes to the desk shyly. She twiddled her thumb for a moment before pulling out her book, and opening it, listening to the teacher give his instructions as she read through the introduction of the book again. It wasn't until he asked if there were any questions that she looked up, and listened as the students launched into a fury of questions, few of which actually pertained to class. Teyha considered raising her hand to ask about the studies, but thought better of it. She leaned forward, and rested her head against the desk, a hand over her eyes to shield out the light. Not sleeping, but relaxing as she waited for the answers.

Kendall watched a lot of hands shoot up into the air. and this made him happy. Glad to see such an eager class. Most of the hands were female, which he had already expected. A few even asked questions like...Do you have a girlfriend? Or something along the lines of that. And even though it had nothing to do with potions, he answered them anyways. Smiling to the young blonde girl near the front of the classroom he shook his head. "No, I don't sadly. But that doesn't mean you can try to slip me love potions. I can smell them from a mile away." He winked before letting his eyes follow the class again. Falling on Teyha, wishing he could hear her questions. Though she seemed to be a bit more shy than the rest, which was okay. He could ask her later.

After a few more questions, he nodded to each of them with a smile. "Okay, well, since it's the first day I don't suppose we should get too far into something and then have to cut it short for your next classes...so how about this. I will show you each a potion that I created, one that hasn't been accomplished before." He smiled, going to his cabinet and pulling out a small vial that held a liquid inside that looked as if it were made of pure silver. "This small potion will temporarily allow you to control time itself. Allowing the drinker to pause time around them for a small period of time. It took me years to perfect it, but it is some of my most prestigious work." He nodded with a smile, setting it gently on a small, secure display on his desk. "If any one of you can concoct this by the end of the year, an almost exact copy, then you will automatically have an A in my class. And if you do it before the year is up, you don't even have to come to class anymore. Sound fair?" He watched as a few students nodded eagerly, eying the potion, obviously wanting to try it out. But he didn't dare. He looked back to Teyha once more. Wondering what it was that was on the small girl's mind.

Teyha rolled her eyes at some of the questions, and the bubbling girls immediately seeking to know if their teacher was available. By all means, the teacher handled it well, brushing off the advances without crushing the feelings of the easily wooed young girls. One blond in particular giggled , covering her mouth behind her hand as he winked at her.

After a few minutes of answering questions, he pulled out a small vial, and Teyha looked up, her expression fading to wonder as she looked at the solution. His proposal send the class chattering, one student to another as they tried to decide what they would do if they made the illusive potion. Teyha simply examined the potion, watching as he put it on a secured display on the desk.

She pulled out a notebook, and eagerly wrote down a few notes. 'Silver liquid' she wrote. 'Temporarily stalls time.' and wrote in the side a few known ingredients that could slow time, or speed the drinker up to appear faster than the world. Once done, she hesitated, and raised her hand. "Mr. Alistros?" She asked. "Do you mean a replica formula, or would a potion that accomplishes the same task be good enough?" She asked, ignoring the ignored groans of her classmate, a sound she often heard when she decided to speak up.

Kendall's lips curved into a smile when he heard the soft, small voice of Teyha as she spoke up. His ice blue eyes falling into hers as he watched her, awaiting her question. And it was a good one at that, when the other students began to groan and whine, he raised a bit of an eyebrow. "What's the matter class? Did you not like her question?" He smirked, looking around at each of the students. "Well then, how about this, starting with you Teyha, if any of you have questions about this, you may want to ask me after class. That way you don't give the other students an advantage hm? Since the others seem so eager not to know the answer to your very good question."

He winked to the girl at the back and smiled, as if on queue as the bell rang. The other girls seemed to groan from the fact that he hadn't winked at them. Students funneling out of the door and into the hallway. Kendall smiled, slipping back behind his desk and taking a seat, eyes slowly lifting back to Teyha, wondering if she would hang back to talk to him. So far, she was the only one that he truly lit up when he brought out the potion. She had a wonder in her eyes, and he was looking forward to having her as a student.

Teyha ducked her head slightly when the students mocked her, not noticing the wink the teacher shot at her. The bell sounded, and she scrambled to grab her things, shoving them back into her bag as she withdrew a slip of paper from her pocket.

Second period: Free.

She blinked and sighed. If they were going tgive her the free time so early in the morning it might as well have been first period, so she could sleep an hour in. Still, she moved to the front, and looked at the vial of silvery liquid with a curious expression. "Where did your inspiration come from for this potion?" She asked after a moment, her eyes flicking up towards Kendall's for a brief second. "Any hints I could use, Mr. Alistros?"

Kendall watched as she neared him, an aura of innocence about her. He sat on the edge of his desk, smiling as her eyes met his icy blue ones. "My inspiration..." He laughed a bit and shrugged, looking away. "Well, to be honest with you Teyha...I was a bit of a troublemaker when I was younger." An ironic statement, considering he wasn't much older than the girl who stood in front of him. "That little potion allowed so many possibilities to that end, as you can imagine." He winked, nodding a bit as she asked if he could give any hints.

"I don't want to play favorites already, but you're the only one who has caught my eye, as far as a student that's actually interested in this sort of stuff." He nodded, shrugging a bit. "But, I don't want to give it away, you may use it to stalk me hm?" He winked again with a slight laugh, only teasing her before mumbling under his breath how really, he wouldn't mind that too much. "Think of the properties of what it does, list ingredients that you know do that in other, more common potions. But don't forget the color either, it gives off a rather big hint. Even then, there is one special additive that causes it all to work...and I can't hint at that dear."

The irony of the teacher referring to his younger days, not long past, was not lost to Teyha. She gave him a slight smile, and examined the potion carefully as he spoke. It was a perfect shade of silver, almost the same color as the blood of some other-plane creatures... Unicorn, forest spites and that sort. She was still thinking when he mentioned something about her stalking him if she possessed the potion, and her cheeks flushed. "No of course I wouldn't!" She told him quickly, waving her hands as if to defend herself from the accusation. "The girls who just left class might though, I wont give them the recipe when I figure it out."

She pulled her bag on front of her, and fished out a notebook, opening it to the first page to read out loud. "Potion color: Silver, function: the manipulation of time. Related potions: Grimseolf, color: Red, function: slowing time; usually brief. Thornswall, color: Grey, function: Allows the user to freeze anther, and stop their perception of time passing. Ragwolden: color: White, function: Speeds the drinker so their perception of time is skewed, and the world seems to come to a halt." She finished reading, and closed the notebook again, shooting the teacher a grin. "I'm sure I'll learn more when I go to the library."

Laughing softly as she fought to defend herself, in what he deemed the cutest manner possible. He shook his head, watching her closely. "No no dear, i know you wouldn't, though...I'd prefer you did over those girls." He winked playfully. Raising a curious brow, he watched as she pulled her bag around her to pull something from it. He wasn't sure what she was doing, but so far, she seemed less and less shy, and he was really enjoying her company.

As she read, his smiled widened. "Cute, smart, and funny? You must have all the boys chasing you." He winked, holding a hand out, as if to ask if he could look at her notes. She seemed organized, and he wondered if she had looked all this up, or knew it off the top of her head. She reminded him of himself. Which made him smile. "You're definitely on the right track dear, how long have you been studying potions?"

"I would think many men would prefer being friendly with me, over them." She murmured softly, seeming to miss his intent entirely, "Annoying giggling girls wouldn't give you a spare moment. People appreciate space, right?" she asked, and started to tuck her notebook away again, until his second statement made her cheeks heat again. "Of course not!" She said quickly. "Boys our ages like to chase girls like the ones before. I'm the quiet, shy girl. I don't think they know I exist... Outside being the 'Shy girl who corrects teachers'." She laughed softly."

She hesitated before handing over her notes. She scrawled it all down quickly, in a messy handwriting barely legible to any but her. Off to the sides were little drawing she had doodled in class, a few funny faces and expressions she liked to draw... A few flowers and random other things. She even saw she doodled a unicorn in the corner while thinking of how the potion resembled it's blood.

Kendall laughed softly at her innocence, not noticing his flirting. "Space is good some times, but if you were in a relationship with that person, sometimes it's nice to know you have the others attention and wants a lot." He nodded, watching her cheeks go pink once more at his compliments. "Well it sounds to me then, like the boys your age don't know what a good girl is like." He winked softly, not sure why he was flirting so much, but at the same time, he just enjoyed getting her all flustered. She was cute like this.

Kendall looked over the nights, smiling as he looked at each little doodle. She was smart, but even she procrastinated. Which made him smile. He began to flip through the other pages. Using it as a cover, pretending he was just trying to look through her notes, when in reality, he wondered if there was anything written or drawn about a boy or something that she liked. "So, Teyha...you seem excited for potions...has it always been a passion of yours?"

That wink Teyha caught, and her cheeks heated considerably, and she covered her mouth with one hand, trying to hide the redness in her cheeks. "You're not that much older than me." She pointed out softly as he looked through her notes, smiling at her little doodles. There wasn't really too much more to see, since it was new. She drew a few pictures, a sketch of him lecturing, but she doubted he'd be able to recognise it as himself yet... More funny faces further in.

She peeked over his shoulder to see what he was looking at every now and then before lifting herself to sit on his desk, kicking her feet out lightly as she considered her answer. "I want to be a white witch." She said at last. "A healer, maybe work here at this school as a nurse.... Or even a professor!" She laughed softly, delighted at the prospect of teaching, instead if just learning, and her smile softened slightly as she looked at him. "Potions is a big part of healing. To be a good white witch, I have to excel in this course."

A smile crawled to his lips when she pointed out his age. He nodded a little before shrugging. "True, but you would think me a perv if I was chasing after you hm?" He nodded, watching for her reaction. He was just sort of teasing and gauging her reactions. Doubting a student like her would ever want to date a teacher. Not even sure if it was against school rules or not. He continued flipping through the pages, stopping when he came to a sketch of a man. He looked it over for a few seconds, wondering who it may be.

He watched her slip up onto his desk next to him and smiled, giving her a teasing nudge as he closed the notebook and laid it gently in her lap. "A white witch hm?" He smiled at the thought with a bit of a nod. "I could definitely see you fitting the role of school nurse. They've been looking for a new one for awhile now I think. All of the applications seem under qualified." She had a sense of joy in her voice over the thought of teaching, "And you'd probably make an even better teacher, though...you'd need to get over that shyness of yours." He smiled, nodding playfully. "Though I'm sure that will get better over time." He nodded again with a smile. "I'm sorry to have kept you so long Teyha...you don't have to stay if you don't want to. I certainly didn't want to take up your time."

"I am very selective in who I consider a perv." Teyha said softly, dropping her eyes to the floor as she fidgeted in place slightly, a slightly sad look in her eyes now. "No, if you were to date one of your students I wouldn't think you were a perv. If you were to pursue me I'd think you had poor taste in companions though." She told him bluntly, taking back the notebook, to flip quietly through the pages herself.

He was right. There was a lot she would have to change if she wanted to be a teacher. She would need to do her homework, and stop dozing in class. No more doodling or procrastinating, and she would have to study for exams. I was all complicated. Still, she brightened slightly, smiling once more as she turned half to him. "I don't have anywhere to be. Normally I'd wander the hallway in my free period, so it's nice to spend it just relaxing a bit... Unless you'd like your space, then I could leave...."

Kendall saw her look away a little sadly. He raised an eyebrow, wondering if he had said something wrong. "Why do you think you'd be a poor choice in companion Teyha? N-Not to seem too forward. But so far you seem as though you'd be quite the girlfriend." He smiled, nodding teasingly as he gave her another playful nudge. "I like girls who are smart like you...and you have a passion for what you do. And not even just that...you aren't a suck up, and you don't go out of your way to over achieve. Plus, I love your doodles."

He winked, watching as she flipped through her notebook shaking his head at her words. "Of course not dear, I'd love for you to stay if you want. I only have this class to be honest. Not many kids seem to be into potions now a days. So I generally have the rest of the day off." He smiled, raising an eyebrow. "If you want help with anything though Teyha, you can always come ask for help. I know quite a bit at getting to be a professor and still having fun in school hm?" He smiled, raising an eyebrow.

Teyha shrugged slightly, and paused in her flipping. "I'm... I'm just a very timid girl." She said after a moment, deciding at the last moment not to tell him the full truth. She brushed a few strands of dark hair away from her face. "I'm spacey and absent minded. I'm forgetful, I'm nonconstructive and downright lazy when I put my mind to it. People are friends with the sweet ditzes, friendly and kind, and I don't mind that."

She waved her hand slightly, and tucked the notebook back into her bag. "But that's enough of that, I think I don't want to bore you with my flaws." She dug around for a moment, and smiled, pulling out a small bag of sweets. "I missed breakfast." She explained, plucking a chocolate off the top before extending the bag towards him to enjoy. "And yes... If I ever need help in school I know who to turn to.... Thank you, Mr. Alistros."

"Timid isn't a bad thing...none of those are. It makes you who you are. Besides, I'm not sure if you've noticed...but if I preferred the ditzy, popilar girls...why aren't they here spending time with me?" He smiled, taking a chocolate from the bag and plopping it into his mouth. "I think I am attracted to you because you remind me of myself. Very much so...though...not as pranksterish." He winked laughing a bit as he watched her. He wasn't being shy any more, he had just laid it out there for her.

Shrugging a bit, he looked away at the hallway with a smile. "Please, by the way...call me Kendall. No need to be formal with a friend." He nodded, wondering what it was that was on the girls mind. "Would you like a drink or anything dear?" He looked to his fridge, not really remembering what was in there. He'd offer to let her get it, but there may or may not have been a few love potions sitting around in there.

Teyha's heart fluttered for a moment when he admitted being attracted to her, and her cheeks heated considerably. She fidgeted in her seat, unable to hide the happy smile that spread over her face at his confession. He actually was drawn to HER? And not simply as a close friendship, as she seemed to always draw in. "Kendall." She repeated with a soft smile.

He stood to get something from the fridge, and she studies him carefully from behind for a few moments, taking in his lean frame. He really was handsome, she had to admit. But she also had to wonder if she could be intimate with him, if that was what he wanted. More often than not she thought of herself as 'broken' and unfixable. "Something sweet." She said at last. "Fruity, maybe. Do you have any of the human drink, Fanta?"

Kendall laughed with a small smile. Nodding a bit to her question. "I have whatever your heart could imagine dear. We are wizards and witches after all." He winked teasingly, reaching in to grab himself a soda, and her a Fanta. He turned, setting it gently next to her before moving back around the desk. This time, instead of hopping up next to her. He moved in front of her. If he was a more aggressive man, he would've gotten closer to her. But he was still sort of shy.

"Anyways...you were about to say something?" He smiled, hoping she would comment on his admittance of attraction towards her. She was so cute where she sat, atop his desk with innocent eyes. He wondered if she'd had a boyfriend before. He felt as if someone had slipped him one of his own love potions, because as time went on, he grew more and more attracted to the girl sitting there with him. He smiled, though it was a nervous smile. Hoping she'd say something to calm his nerves.

Teyha smiled and accepted the fanta, taking a quick sip before giving her teacher a slight smile. She leaned back slightly to stare up at the ceiling with a slight smile. She glanced down at her schedule once more, seeing she still had a few subjects left in the day before she went home. Next period defensive white magic, advanced healing arts, and care of magical creatures. 'At least I'm not bogged down with all the basic courses anymore, and can focus on my talents.' She thought to herself, tucking the slip of paper back into her pocket before she looked over at Kedall again.

He was grinning nervously at her, almost as if he wanted her to say something to calm his nerves, but before she could get a word out, the bell rang again, and it was time to move to the next course. "I thought the classes were an hour long." Teyha commented, glancing up at the ticking clock in the corner. "These are only fifteen minutes, is today just an introduction day then?"

Watching as she seemed to drift off in the thought of her schedule. She looked so cute. When she met his gaze again, he raised an eyebrow. She looked as if she was about to say something when the damned bell rang. He laughed softly to her question, still a bit nervous. He nodded, sighing a bit at the situation. He had just admitted something to her and she hadn't a chance to admit anything back, and now she was off to her next class. "Sadly, it is.." He winked teasingly.

"Listen...Teyha...I hope you don't think me creepy for what I said earlier.." He blushed, shrugging a bit before moving back behind his desk. He didn't have another class until after lunch, since he was only teaching advanced potions this year. So he would be sitting around for a bit, with nothing to do. Sad to see Teyha have to leave. "Guess we can talk again tomorrow?"

Teyha slid off the desk, and met Kendall's eyes once more, giving him a slight smile. "I don't think you're creepy." She told him softly, and placed a gentle hand on his arm. She paused for a second, her eyes drifting down to the floor. "You just have bad taste." She said in a whisper as she started to walk to the door. "You picked a bad girl to be attracted to, I'm broken from attraction..."

She sighed as she opened the door, and shot him a smile over her shoulder, shrugging slightly. "Of course, I'll stay after tomorrow too, we'll be able to talk more then. See you, Mr. Kendall."

Kendall felt the girls hand rest on his arm. He smiled, though when she spoke, he shook his head. "I don't have bad taste Teyha...I promise." He nodded, watching as she walked out, glad she was going to stay after the next day. Sighing softly to himself, he sat back into his chair, pulling out a notebook to brainstorm. Teyha was no normal girl, he wasn't sure how he was going to convince her that she was worth it to him.

His brainstorming quickly began to drift to just doodles of her. A smile on his lips as he did. After awhile he decided to go roam the halls, maybe grab a bite to eat. He stood from his desk, leaving his notebook in his drawer as he left the room, making sure to lock it behind him. He whistled as he walked down the hallways towards the dining room. Not sure what it was that would satiate his hunger now, still not able to get the young, quirky girl out of his mind.

Teyha nearly paused at the door, but decided to move on through, leaving for her next few classes. The shortened classes were only really meant to give a brief introduction to the course, and introduce student and teachers. Unlike in potions, none of the other teachers took much of an interest in her. She was a skilled witch, but not a prodigy the way Kendall was. She wasn't a hard enough worker to compensate, and she wasn't loud enough to stand out by her personality. Somehow, she liked that. The anonymity of being just another student.

After her last class she moved to the cafeteria, and picked an empty table at the corner of the room, away from the other students. She only had one or two friends in the school, and they chose to eat when she was talking to her teacher. "Oh well." She whispered, poking at the school food with her fork. She was so absorbed in her thoughts, she didn't even notice when Kendal entered the lunchroom for his own meal.

Back
Top Bottom