Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Journey West (Closed for Satine and myself)

Kenly Waugerstin looked out across the expanse before him. Mountains rolled north to south and trees and greenlands covered the land that the brown lumbering mountains didn't touch. It was just before noon and the sun was slowly moving along it's path ahead of them. They had a while to go before they could stop, hopefully at a village that would react friendly towards Turon soldiers.

Their goal was to be on the lookout for bandits, monsters and other foul creatures as they patrolled the region that the Turon Kingdom had secured following the last war. Kenly welcomed the work. The twenty four year old had brown hair starting to lengthen past soldier regulation and a beard forming around his cheeks and jawline. He was build strongly and was above average in height with bright blue eyes. There was a vibrancy in them he wished to protect. Being in the Royal Army he had seen and known far too many soldiers whose eyes seemed hollow, even dead.

Kenly was committed to not letting that happen to him.

Iracebeth Cromwell trudged along with the other, they had set out early, to get a better start on the day. The sun was shining, the temperature was cool, but knowing it rise and cross the sky, would bright the heat. The sun mixed with their armor, didn't always cooperate, many having gotten dehydrated on journey's. Normally women weren't in the royal army but special cases were taken. The army normally taking sons, but in her case she was the only daughter of a highly skilled warrior, he had no son's, so he began to train his daughter, sadly he was killed in battle. Improving quickly she was his stand in.

A light breeze rustled through the tree's, she stopped to take in the beauty and to take a deep breath. Being taken in by the warrior's after her father's death, plus losing her mother in child birth, she was never planned to wed. Racey was 22 years old, past the normal age a woman should have married. Her skin was pale, having emerald green eyes and an hour glass figure, her hair was a light fiery red. Dainty yetstrong as she hunted bandits, monsters, and whatever posed a threat.

(Just a heads up it's the two of them at the moment, a basic scout group that works together and watch out for each other's back.)

Kenly continued onward his boots crossing the rugged path. After a bit more of traveling he finally turned back to Iracebeth and gave her a faint smile. She was strong and proved herself almost every day. Growing up in the army Kenly had been groomed with the same suspicion and reluctance to have a woman serve in the royal army but that had subsided as he worked with Iracebeth.

"We'll be on Torig soon enough. Don't forget they spotted some Wyverns in the area the last couple of weeks. You hear heavy wings be ready to take cover." He told her, not so much to remind her something they both knew but to start up conversation on the road. Turning around he took a pace that kept them close together. His ice blue eyes gazed at the fiery red hair moving as she walked along the trail.

"You ever fought one of them before?" He asked as they continued along the trail.

(Okay thanks, I wasn't sure.)

Iracebeth kept moving, every time she was out she had to prove herself to the men. Working harder then most of them to be able to hold her family's honor and continue her fathers work and prove herself to the king. Upon seeing Kenly's smile she smiled back at him. She was happy that he was finally getting used to her, the only difference between her and the other men was that she was a woman.

Nodding her head as he said they would be there soon. "Yes indeed, I remember we're on the look out, for them. Their wings are a dead give away." She replied knowing about them having studied up on her creatures. She looked at him as he walked closer to her, continuing on.

"No I've never fought one before, my father and had told me stories. Have you?" Iracebeth replied.

Kenly looked at her and nodded after a fashion. "Fast little blighters and deadly too." He said as they walked together.

"I've fought a few, nearly got killed by one of their poison stingers in the Terlin fores a few years ago. It's why I'm glad they started to have scout pairs instead of single scouts. When you're out here alone and attacked by the gods knows what you realized it's all up to you on whether you make it home. " He said as they continued along. There was a thicket of trees up ahead and he made sure to be on alert for any signs of trouble.

Iracebeth continued on listening to him plus the environment around her making sure she didn't hear or see anything. "Indeed they are, deadly, many of the beasts out here are."She stated.

"Yeah I'm glad they up it to pairs as well, you get more done and less likely to be killed at the same time..." She replied agreeing with him. Pressing forward but alert all at the same time.

"Plus the journey is that much easier having someone to talk to, specially one with your skills. I heard you proved quite the warrior back in the barracks against Sir Vlad." He told her with a grin as they pressed on through the trees. The gigantic trees were made that much more impressive by the gnarled and full roots that snaked around them before diving into the ground.

This was charted territory but territory that the kingdom didn't have people living in as well so Kenly was sure to keep his guard up as they moved through.

"Yes it is nice to have someone to talk to after awhile." It was true, not like many of the guys spoke to her, because she was a female walking in a pair of "man's" shoes. Iracebeth looked over at him, "Kenly is that a compliment?" She asked curiously with a smile, it was so rare that she heard them, she was beautiful but being the only female warrior, had it's down sides, men didn't want her being too independent for them. A woman's place is at home, while a man defends that home. "Yeah he was very surprised by it." She smirked. Continuing on looking around it was still apart of the kingdom, but lord only knew what lived in it.

Kenly gave her a short grin and looked aside feigning as if he hadn't heard the first thing she said. "More of an observation but then again maybe I like entertaining you while we're out here with just the trees to hear us." The warrior said and the two continued walking together on their patrol.

Soon enough night began to fall around them and Kenly got to work setting up the tent after a fire was made. The tent was large enough to place two sets of bedding and warm fur blankets so that each soldier had their own bed. Kenly set about placing a number of traps and used a magical scroll to cast a ward over the site to alert them of any trouble. Settling besides Iracebeth as the fire warmed them he rubbed his hands together and looked at his female partner.

"These are the nice moments. Some warriors say they get bored out on patrol but those are the ones who can't wait for glory and combat. They don't know the true cost of their enthusiasm." He said almost grimly before smiling and opening up his pack to grab some rations and a bottle of wine.

Iracebeth smiled looking at him, "I see, yeah it's fairly peaceful out here and there's not too much to worry about...well if you look past the creatures and such." she stated walking through the trees.

Racey kept watched as he began to set up the tent, not wanting something to attack when they had their backs turned. She was on her guard but decided to pull out the bedding. With the night air it began to grow cold, Iracebeth sat by the fire to warm up some. She smiled softly when Kenly joined her by the fire, "Everything set for the night?" She asked him curiously.

"Agreed, I love moments like these, for once everything's calm and it's time to settle in. I like being in nature, I feel it has a calming effect compared to the towns hustle and bustle, I'd rather be on patrol then in war." Maybe she was saying too much of her own thoughts but she didn't care. Iracebeth sat by the fire a bit more before she to would pull out her own rations to get something in her stomach.

A cold wind started to pick up in the dark forest. Kenly moved his hands together a bit hoping to keep warm and he found himself moving closer to Iracebeth till their feet and bodies rubbed together. "The spells are activated and the traps are in place. So long as we don't get awoken every five minutes by some critter we should be fine." The warrior said as he enjoyed his ration and found he enjoyed being closer to the beautiful warrior next to him. His eyes diverted and looked out across the dark forest and he was reminded about old children stories and the monsters that were said to inhabit such forests. Hearing her words about nature he chuckled and turned to her.

"I'm a city boy myself and while I'll enjoy a comfortable bed more than sleeping on a rock at least the wilderness has a quiet beauty to it." He said and then gave her a soft smile before he put away his rations. "We should turn in soon." The soldier said and put a few more sticks into the fire before he moved off into the tent. Putting aside his gear and keeping his blade close at hand he opened up the furs of his sleeping bag and settled in.

As the cold wind blew, Iracebeth shook slightly catching chills. Rubbing her hands over her arms and legs as she sat by the fire, keeping warm. She hadn't notice Kenly moving close to her until she felt him brush against her. Iracebeth looked at him, and smiled softly. She didn't mind him being so close to her plus it would help keep them warm. "Okay very good. The critters never tend to bother me. I guess I'm just used to the country life." She stated living not too far from town but still in the privacy of the country. She put her rations away, wanting to save some for later. Iracebeth looked to him curiously as he laughed at her words.

"I see, Well I do enjoy my nice soft bed more than a rock, but it could be worse. Indeed I prefer it at day though when the sun shines through it's so beautiful." She went on, loving the forest and all it's wonders. "Yeah I guess your right.." The fire was fine, nothing was close enough to catch and in a few hours it would go out, but it was cold, so she'd let it burn. She climbed into the tent removing her armor and gear. She kept one of her knives close at hand. pulling her furs aside opening them before climbing into it and settling back in it was warm under them. "Goodnight Kenly.."

The air started to grow decidedly that night after the fire had gone out. The ruins and traps managed to keep any critters or thieves at bay but once night truly settled into the forest a ghastly cold seemed to gravitate towards the tent. In his sleep Kenly slowly stirred moving back and forth from his side as he seemingly tried to find a way to be comfortable and stay warm at the same time as he turned in his sleep.

Iracebeth was fast asleep, till she felt the cold creeping into the tent. It was freezing. She awoke goosebumps all over her body, She began to shiver and shake. Sitting up and looking around, unable to believe that the night was so cold. Looking over to Kenly seeing him toss and turn in his sleep unaware if it was from cold or from a night terror. "Kenly..?" SHe spoke softly, reaching over hoping to help him shaking his shoulder lightly.

Kenly stirred finally and his eyes opened to see Iracebeth close to him. His hand involuntarily reached out for the blade but held off. He found he couldn't recall what his dream had been about but he gave her a once over as he looked around.

"Iracebeth... is everything alright?" He asked and found the weather seemed to be very cold even within the tent itself.

"Yes...everything is alright...You were tossing and turning...are you alright?" She asked softly wrapping herself with her blankets and furs, the temperature had dropped. "It's gotten cold..." Iracebeth stated able to see her breath some as she spoke. With the fire out it seemed to drop further down.

Kenly nodded slowly as he looked at her. He wondered why he couldn't recall the dream once more but his attention focused more now to the cold that seemed to be intent to freeze them both. Hearing her soft voice and seeing her tug the blankets and furs closer around her he looked to check the seal on the tent had not been broken and then he moved from his bedroll and moved closer to her.

"Come, we'll share each other's warmth while we're in the forest." He said and settled down next to her body and tugged his additional blankets and furs over his body. His hand rubbed against her arms under the covers to help warm her up and help the transfer of heat begin. His eyes looked over her and he felt his cock harden softly at the thought of being so close again but he tried to concentrate. "Tomorrow,, eh we'll find a place perhaps on the edge of the forest." He told her as he put his legs against hers but didn't rub them as he had his hands. He tightened the furs around him and rested his head back down hoping the solution would work. He already had started to feel a bit warmer against the ghastly night chill.

"Just wanted to make sure you were alright." she said smiling a bit, if there was anyone she considered a friend, some one she could trust in the guards it was Kenly. Still cuddling for warmth within her blankets she looked to him as he came closer.

"Alright, we'll be much warmer if we keep our body heat." Iracebeth agreed. She snuggled in close to him pulling her blankets with her. His hands were much warmer compared to her own , feeling the warmth come onto her arms as he rubbed them. Iracebeth nodded her head as he spoke of finding a place on the edge of the forest. Laying more comfortably now starting to feel a bit warmer as their bodies were so close together. "Good night Kenly.." She stated closing her eyes snuggling into the blankets and him.

Kenly nodded and he tried to settle in again with Iracebeth next to him. But now something else stirred besides the cold. He could feel his cock moving and hardening against Iracebeth's leg given their close proximity and he felt his finger almost involuntarily rubbing her arms as he felt her soft breath playing over his skin. He hoped she wouldn't notice and maybe just fall asleep as he intended to try but part of him couldn't deny his attraction to the soldier and it enjoyed the growing heat between them that helped to fight off the cold around them.

Iracebeth was growing warmer as she lay there with him. She had no other thoughts within her head besides the thought of warmth, and rest. The only man she had ever laid next to was her father, so it was different. Iracebeth took comfort as he rubbed her arms with his finger. She did not expect to feel anything against her leg, as they laid there but she did. Thinking he must have left his sheath on, not thinking too much on it. She cuddled a bit more, to keep warm and it was indeed nice to be in someone's arms.

Kenly felt her body move closer towards him in the night. When he felt her rubbing up closer to her body he felt his cock hardening more in between them as it prodded up closer to her pelvis. He let go a little sigh in the night as his fingers on her arm pressed more and his legs moved closer, rubbing against hers to increase the warmth the two could use. He wasn't sure what was going on but she seemed to enjoy being closer to him so he just played along to make sure they both stayed warm as the cold air whipped around them in the forest.

Iracebeth began to drift off some as the warmth began to take over her body. Feeling his legs rubbing against hers to create more heat, in the cold night. Her slender fingers twirled against his night shirt as they laid there. She could feel something pressing up further now maybe he shifted and the sheath moved up further, her back arched slightly as she felt it half asleep.

Something within Kenly stirred. He did not know it as his body rubbed up against her but he was not completely in control of his body in that moment. The forest they were moving through was old, very old. And quite powerful. The heat transferring between them only evolved the magic that had seeped into his mortal coil. When he felt her slightly cool fingers touching his warm skin he sighed and moved closer to her, his eyes half open and gazing at her as his lips remained inches from her.

His cock prodded again through his leggings and this time rubbed against the middle of her own pants while his hand moved down her side and back to caress her ass. "Iracebeth..." He half mumbled half whispered before his right leg moved from being outside of hers and started to nudge aside her legs, opening her up more to his body as they rubbed together.

Iracebeth unbeknownst to what was going on, as she tried to get some rest for their journey tomorrow. She sighed in her slumber as he continued to rub against her, enjoying the warmth that they shared. There it was again up further, still not paying much attention to it as she tried to slumber. Opening her eyes as she heard him say her name, and to feel his hand on her ass. Her legs parted as he nudged them way, giving him more access. "Kenly?...What's... a matter...?" She asked softly sleepily.

Kenly didn't reply. His eyes looked at her and there was a sparkle of something green through them for a moment as he looked at her. Then he moved slowly as if not to startle her and he went on top of his fellow soldier keeping his leg wedged in between hers. Slowly he leaned in and he brushed his lips against the underside of her jaw and then up her chin where he kissed her gently. His left hand moved up feeling over her chest and up to her breasts while his other arm went down and rubbed against the material covering her sex before he leaned up a few more inches and slowly kissed her lips as they moved under the fur blankets.

Back
Top Bottom