Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Accidental Bonds(ryax/lady)

“uh-huh.And when Gabriel shows up in a huff, you’re going to have to deal with his bad mood at you teasing them about their relationship, AND whatever else is annoying him.”She pointed out smiling a little as she looked down at Adrian, looking amused as the boy turned to look up at his father, as if understanding he was being praised. “he takes after me. No matter what father says, he’s our brilliant son.She said snickering a little turning her head a little when she saw wings of flame and fire. While Michael was supposed to be the archangel of fire and war, it was Gabriel who’s wings who looked like the fiery heart of sunset.

“Always doubting. I should just stay away next tiem you want to talk to me.”Gabriel said as he walked over, snickering a little as Adrian giggled happily at the sight of his adopted uncle, already reaching eager hands towards the soft wings. Waiting for a moment for thorne’s permission, Gabriel picked up the toddler, settling him on his hip so Adrian could rach his wings before looking at Lucifer. “I know what you want.And since it involves you, you know I wont tell you.”He said looking annoyed, but having come to tell the man personally, because while he feared setting the motions that lead to the events he saw in motion, he also loved his lover’s twin enough to not want him to be blindsided. he just couldn't bring himself to break a lifetime of silence easily.

"I'll handle it.", Lucifer sighed out, smiling down at his son. "Agreed.", he mused, "Definitely takes after you.", he added softly.

"Ahh, Gabriel, so soon.", Lucifer voiced as the angel had quickly joined them on earth. Annoyed with the man's answer, Lucifer wanted to growl, but kept to himself. "I know, I know. Isn't there anything I can do to change your mind, see, I'm already letting you hold my son.", he mused a bit, trusting the man completely and he knew he knew it himself. "If you're not here to tell me, then why did you agree to come? By the sound of it you would be trying to avoid me as best you could. So why are you here?", Lucifer asked Gabriel, putting him on the spot if he had any motive to come besides not telling him the secret and meeting his niece.

Gabriel raised a eyebrow at the man, giving him that look, that said yes, he was years older and was willing to pound his head in once in awhile. “Well, you see, you have this little one, who’s absolutely in love with me.”Gabriel smiled looking down at the baby who was grabbing at his semi long white blond hair, before sighing looking around. “Because whether you know or not, it doesn’t matter. At least…not a lot.”He looked disturbed, staring down at the toddler sitting on his hip.

“Gab?Whats wrong?”Thorne said slipping a hand into lucifers, looking up at the angel who looked uncomfortable and out of place. For a man who was at ease with the world and threw himself at it with the careless abandon of a man who expected that he could take on everything the world threw at him, it was a disturbing look.

“Thorne, go for a walk.”Gabriel ordered his eyes suddenly focusing on the woman in front of him. “W-“Thorne started, before frowning, looking annoyed at the order before sighing and getting up. “Fine. I’ll go get us something to eat.”she said frowning before walking away, trusting the men to protect Adrian as she crossed the street to get some food, making sure to stay in sight.

“…I see war. And her dying, and you falling from the sky…but…there is a edge of hope to the vision, but I cant see it. Lucifer, I cant see whats going on!”The angel snarled pacing a little, for once those fire colored wings spread wide behind him, so upset at the idea of for once not seeing the whole picture, that he was making a bigger display of himself then he usually did.

Lucifer chuckled at Gabriel's trust and playful tag team. "Well that's... Unsettling, to say the least.", he voiced in concern, intrigued by what it could be he wanted to pressure the man further into knowing what it was he knew that no one else did.

Softly grabbing his wife's hand, he kept his focus on Gabriel, staring intently at the man in order to psyche him. Suddenly, the response to his wife's question, the way that he talked to her angered Lucifer a bit, but he trusted Gabriel had a good reason for it. Lucifer looked at Thorne with a pained expression as she stormed off. "You better have a good explanation for...", Lucifer started as he looked back on Gabriel with some anger before he was interrupted by what he had to say. Lucifer's expression turned much less then sour, disturbed and shocked as he heard the man's visions. "What do you mean you can't see it?", Lucifer semi-snarled at the man, knowing that Gabriel always had complete visions, or have had before. "I'll fall as many times as I want", he scoffed, "But I won't see my wife get hurt!", he growled, "Is there nothing in your vision that can help me keep my wife safe? What about my son?", he asked him in a more calm fashion as to not completely burst into flames of anger.

Gabriel just simply gave him that look when Lucifer glared at him for ordering thorne around, to upset to be diplomatic about asking her to leave them. “I cant!Its…fractured. Like there’s one option that leads to hope, but another is a unapologetic tragedy. I don’t know, Lucifer!”Grabriel said just as upset as Lucifer because it pained him to not able to help his friend, and because he liked the woman, and it was driving him insane to not know what could hold a edge of pained, wonderful promise of hope in a vision that promised pain.

Swallowing hard to grab ahold of his temper he held onto it with barely restrained panic, for under all thtat anger, was a fear and panic that was driving him to lash out at the very person he was trying to help. “Your son, I got the sense he was safe, protected far away. And your wife….the only way to save her is to keep her off the battlefield, and you’d have better luck ordering Lucien to not be a asshole then convincing thorne to trust anyone else to guard you. Train her well, Lucifer, and maybe this moment wont come to pass…or if it does, maybe that will be the hope.”Gabriel said sounding frustrated.

For a man who knew how the world was going to end, or had seen the beginning of time, and lucifer’s fall from the heavens, the question he didn’t know, not being able to answer this question of what had he seen, was driving him insane.

"Dammit!", Lucifer growled, not at Gabriel, but at that he couldn't see any good way out of this, nothing that would keep Thorne alive and well with their son. Listening to the furthering of the man's words, he couldn't help but to sigh at the outcome. At least his son would be safe, but his wife not, though he would be proper in training her well, him and wrath and Lucien he would all force to help out. God knew they had trained enough themselves, they could really get the rust off and help the one that really needed it, for the good of all their families and their bonds.

"I won't be able to keep Thorne away from the battle, you're right. All I can do is as you say, to keep her under strict training and keep her close when it's time for the real deal.", he said, sighing at the last part before the next one, "I might have to ride her pretty hard, she needs to learn and to learn it fast.", he said, too focused and grumpy to care about the misleading sexual context that laid beneath his crafty words.

Lucifer looked to his son, in deep thought and almost as if glaring at the boy, thinking about a path to save Thorne with rigorous training. He meant no harm by the glare, just that he was succumbed to his thoughts and wanting to prevent his wife from dying because he didn't prepare as much as he could. "I'm going to save my wife. I don't care if you can't see the future of this. She lives, and will continue to do so.", he said a bit harshly, angry at the fractured vision and hell bent on keeping his jewel in life alive.

Gabriel nodded a little, a slight smirk on his face as he looked at the other. “…hm, you have to ride your wife hard.”Gabriel said for a moment his weird twisting mood broken for the joy of teasing Lucifer before growing serious again. “I know you don’t. and I don’t care either, we’ll kept her alive luc, I didn’t save her, just to lose her to a pointless war.”he said wincing a little as Adrian started to cry and grab at gabriel’s shirt to get his attention, wanting his papa to stop glaring at him and feeling bad, sensitive to the moods around him, to his uncle’s fractured attention and his father’s anger.

“I know I know, sweetheart, shhh,…”Gabriel muttered bouncing the baby on his hip looking worried about the two before looking up at thorne as she walked back, “Train her Lucifer, and protect her. And we’ll save her.”He muttered smiling as he handed the crying child back to his mother. “What did you do to my son?”Thorne said sounding annoyed and worried. “Just talking to Lucifer. I’ll see you in a few days.”Gabriel said smiling at the woman, leaning down to kiss her cheek before looking at Lucifer.”Let Michael know next time you’re on earth. We’ll put her through angelic war training to. Who better to teach her then the warking of heaven?”He snickered a little at the idea of Michael teaching, his face going soft for a moment before he spread his wings and took off.

“Luc?”Thorne said trying to calm the upset toddler clinging to her, looking worried.

Lucifer gave Gabriel a sinister look, not in the slightest bit amused by his own misleading words. "Good.", he later agreed as Gabriel too agreed with him. The moment his son began crying, Lucifer blinked and got a surprised look on his face instead, quickly turning it into a smile and reaching out to him, tickling him on the stomach in an attempt to sate the crying. "There there, don't cry. No need to cry, your dad isn't angry.", he said in a sweeter tone.

Lucifer nodded at Gabriel's words when Thorne came back. Lucifer sighed, grinning lightly as his son was handed back to his mother. The words she uttered so comical and angry for a moment like this, when all focus was really on her already. "Sounds good, I'll see you then.", Lucifer said with a smile before Gabriel left in a splendid and flying fashion.

A look of worry spread across Lucifer's lips as he looked down to his beloved Thorne. "There's some bad news, you know, like always these days.", he said with a potent sigh. "Gabriel has had a vision, or many, I don't know. But the gist of it is that he can't see what's going to happen in a certain part, even though he have always done so before.", he blurted out, sighing as he couldn't make sense of what to tell her, if he would be honest or not. After taking a moment to sigh and collect himself, he regained his posture and looked right at her, "There is going to be a war. Heaven and Hell is going to be at each others throats. I already know that you would come with me to war when it happens, no matter if I cage you or not, you'll find a way.", Lucifer said in a slightly amused tone, then returning to a more serious one. "That's why you're going to be training with me, Michael, Lucien and Wrath.", he revealed, stern in his voice, ready for some objection but wont be taking a no for an answer. "I do not accept any objections.", he said solidly to her, smirking, expecting to be punched or told off.

Thorne frownwd worriedly as she bounced adrian a little to make sure the baby was okay looking concerned before frowning up at her husband."it sounds like someone,or something, is keeping him from seeing everything involved."she frowned because it was posaible,but there were few things in heaven or hell that could block a archangel's vision, and it worried her that gabriel was being blocked.

Looking annoyed with his words and concerned she opened her mouth to argue that of course she was going to fight with him before stopping,realizing that he was going to train her,make sure she wasn't a liability to ajy of the men who loved her. After a few minutes thought she nodded before looking up at him."we're going to have to get mother or belial to watch adrian. I don't trust anyone else to watch him if we're all going to be occupied with training."she said looking worried about her son.

Lucifer nodded at his wife's wise words. "It seems just like that, yes.", he agreed with her, looking concerned right back down at her. He knew that it was almost impossible to block a vision, let alone an archangel's vision. There were still someone, or a few that wanted to see the house of Lucifer dead. It disturbed him greatly, cause it seemed as if they had been dancing according to the musician of dread's tunes all alone in causing the war, taking precautions as to even manage to cripple the host of heaven to make it happen.

"Yes. One of them must care for him in the meantime. Adrian can not and will not come with us to the trainings as they may get dangerous.", he agreed, slight worry in his voice as well over the fact that they had to leave their son behind, even if he was left with trusted and proved companions to their family.

A soft smile let itself onto his lips as he reached down to his boy and tickled him a bit, "I'm sure he'll be fine. I'm quite confident in that they wouldn't hurt anything I, you, hold dear.", he said softly, moving up his hands and brushing them over Thorne's hair. "We should probably start training soon. Which one would you rather want to take care of him? I can still see your mother as a bit of a... unstable persona. Perhaps it would be best if we left it to Belial? Either way, let's go talk to them.", he said, not intending on lingering with what had to be done to keep her alive.

thorne smiled a little as she thought watching as lucifer tickled their son. Shifting the giggling boy she leaned up to kiss him before nodding."yes. Belial first." she agreed because while she was wanting to trust her mother, the woman's first rejection still hurt the woman, though nyx had accepted her child after she nearly died. Thorne just couldnt decide what to think.nodding she headed back to the gate with him

when they arrived at wrath's mansion it wasnt to peace and quiet, but a duel between belial and the devil's assasin who was trying to hone skills already sharpened to a lethal edge. "you two look serious. Whats upm"wrath called as he blocked a blow that would have gutted him, hardly sounding out of breath. Both belial and wrath going full out, like it was a real fight instead of just practice. The fight was as deadly as it beautiful.

"we need to talk."thorne said shifting adrian as the toddler reached for his great grandfather giggling happily at the sight of wrath. "okay." wrath said smirking as he disarmed belial he gasp of surprise still hanging on the air as wrath made his way towards his best friend and granddaughter

Momentarily joyfully returning her kiss, he gave her a soft smile at her agreement with him. Belial was clearly the wiser choice in the matter, and he was glad she agreed with him.

Arriving back at Wrath's own mansion, the sounds of sharp metal edges hitting one another filled the hallways as distant echoes. While a bit worrying now with all that has happened, a bit more of a curious feeling welled up inside of Lucifer as to why the obviously bladed fighting was going on. Was it an actual battle, or was it practice he wondered. He knew at least Wrath had to be a part of it, the signature sounds from his fighting style filling the rooms they passed in order to arrive to the deadly sparring ground.

"And a good reason to be I'm afraid.", Lucifer mused lightly as he looked at the obvious practice. The way that Belial moved, attacked, dodged and held herself was on a completely different level then both the lords, let alone Wrath, being a master of combat and all. It was still obvious she could phase Wrath, but not enough to actually become dangerous for him unless he was caught off guard for some reason.

"I could use some practice as well...", Lucifer said as Wrath came to join the arrivals and sate the attention craving little youngster reaching and cooing for his great grandfather. "Care to fight with your king?", he mused to Belial as he moved in, getting ready for battle.

Belial pouted a little looking at the man in front of her, raising her eyebrows a little. “I think you’re out of practice my lord, I would be glad to help you.”Belial said panting slightly, though not totally worn out, it was obvious wrath had indeed been pushing her to the limits of her talent. Because like Lucifer, he knew he wasn’t going to be able to keep belial off the battlefield unless he demanded that she guard both Adrian and Thorne, but he didn’t know if that would work. So Wrath had every intention of pushing her to the breaking point, because he didn’t think he’d survive having another lover die on him.

Wrath smiled a little as he took Adrian, glancing at Lucifer. “Don’t forget you have wings.”the combat master said, because that was one of a angel’s greatest weapons besides a angelic crafted sword. Their ability to use all their body, even the highly sensitive wings, to knock someone off balance, to cause distraction was a great asset. “Might as well give her a reminder what its like to fight angels.”he said as he settled Adrian in his lap as he sat down on the floor, playing with the toddler as his lover and his friend fought, trying not to worry to much.

And then it was on, the clash of steel, quick movements and wings. While belial was having a easier time keeping up with her king then her lover, it was obvious wrath was on a level that was equal to Michael’s, a warrior unparalleled. Watching them Wrath looked thoughtful trying to pick out things they needed to work on, needed to improve on before the actual battle broke out.

"Perfect.", Lucifer mused with a little scoffing laugh at Belial, glad that she wanted to practice with him never the less. "Forget? I would never fight without them. I'll give her a taste of angel combat.", he said, grinning back at the combat master.

Out from his back, his wings burst forth once more, black as night and distracting to anyone who didn't have the luxury to have them themselves. Picking up a sword from the rack, their combat begun, quick strikes of steel, swirling of wings and varying attack styles and patterns carried out in succession. Belial surprisingly had little trouble keeping up with him, though his styles were simple and he meant it to be practice, time and time again using true angelic warfare tactics including his wings for swifter and more abrupt movements. Lucifer hadn't fought for so many years that he was a bit rusty, the practice would be good for when they had to teach Thorne.

A good 15 minutes in of sparring, Lucifer took to the air and almost hovered with his wings flapping attentively at his sides, slyly smirking down at his opponent. "Always teaching flawlessly aren't you Wrath.", he mused as he bowed in air to Belial. "Thank you for the practice, however brief it may be, but I must stop I'm afraid.", he said as he dropped down on his feet again, his wings fluttering and quickly folding behind him. "You're a good fighter.", he told her, obviously complimenting her on her ability to keep up with him. He turned, walking back to sit with his son and his friend.

Belial panted as she stopped moving, doubling over as she rested her hands on her knees, glancing up at Lucifer as he landed. “Thank you.”She said blushing slightly. Wrath smiled bouncing Adrian a little, looking amused as he looked up at the two. “I try my best. She keeps distracting me.”Wrath snorted looking amused. “That’s cause you keep stopping to have sex.”Thorne teased her grandfather amused as Adrian reached for her, the child more then content to be with some of his favorite people in the world, his parents and wrath.

Thorne ran her fingers through her hair as she pressed a kiss to adrian’s head before standing turning to look at her husband worriedly.”You okay?”She said worried he’d stopped because he was hurt or something. Not sure what to think about him fighting, or having to train to fight herself, but she knew they had to do it, because that was the only way any of them were going to survive.

Lucifer was a tad bit warm in his clothes from the practice, but not much more then simply that. Smiling down at her, she had obviously been worked over good by Wrath since she was now by the looks of it exhausted. Lucifer laughed at the witty and unforeseen comeback as his wife entered the room with them. "I'm fine.", he said simply with a soft and cute smile directed at her as he tilted his head. "What about you. Are you fine with having to train, fight and practice with us?", he asked her in return, wondering if she was any where near ready to begin her training, cause she had to begin it as soon as possible and if she wasn't ready soon enough, they would have to force her somehow.

Walking over, he didn't care to retract his wings, but rather let them loosely ponder behind him as he approached his wife. When he wasn't thinking about them, they acted sort of like any other vital organ in ones body, they were autonomous, flexing and moving about gently without him even thinking or doing anything about it. He reached out and stroked his lover's cheek, smiling lovingly at her as he spoke. "You're stunningly beautiful today... What say we ruin that with some sweaty combat practice?", he followed up, turning his smile into a sly grin.

Thorne smiled looking relieved that her husband was okay, before nodding a little, looking nervous. “Yes, I’m sure I am. Because you need someone to guard your back.”She said looking at him worriedly. “That’s why he has me. I can take care of him thorne.”Wrath said looking at the woman, worried about his granddaughter.

“No. I will help you. And if not…well, we’ll see then.”She said looking worried because she wasn’t sure if she would be able to train fast enough to be helpful. Flushing a little as she leaned into his hand she smiled.”You like getting my sweaty don’t you?”She teased her husband as she stepped back, raising the swords wrath had gotten her for her birthday. The wickedly curved short swords were for close in fighting, not a demon’s usual long sword, but something light and easy for her to use, swords created with a woman’s use in mind. Blinking hard as she focused on fighting with her husband and not the wings at his back. her fascination hard to shake, even when she had other things to think about

"I figured you'd say that.", he said with a sly smile, having already so early on anticipating with his friend how she would react and behave, and they were right. "I'm sure you'll be fine, I'm not here to get you killed after all.", he said as a follow up to her self consciously worried words.

"I never get enough of it.", he mused as he strolled into the combat area once more, watching his wife pick up her birthday blades from her grandfather, deadly sharp and deliciously beautiful at the same time, perfect for close quarters combat. "Finally going to make use of your birthday gifts?", he mused again as he took stance. He cared to not make his wings flutter and move too much, keeping them mostly stationary and still when he could so that she would get some initial practice regarding combat in general and not going directly for angel combat as that would be a step up on their schedule. He kept them out however as he wanted her to learn how to focus herself on him and all of him, not only on his wings and succumbing to her fascination about them like she usually did. That technique might prove risky as it could lower her fascination with them in general, but she needed to learn and adapt to wings or she would surely die against almost any angel she would face, probably even the most inexperienced ones.

Picking up the weapon he used against Belial, he situated it in his hand comfortably for a moment before it was go time between them. "Here I come.", he mused in a more stern manner as he began being more serious, this was actually combat, even if it was considered practice. He moved against her, the blade in his hand aiming true, but vigilant not to cut which ultimately handicapped him a bit. Thorne's fiery blood from her mother and grandfather made her a talented master in arms, but she was still crude, in need of fine tuning and sequential buildup of her skills.

“Oh yes, definitely time to test them out.”She said smiling a little even as she watched his wings a little, swallowing hard as she forced herself to focus on him, watching his face even as he started to move with her husband. And while the first time she had fought wrath she’d been pushing the assassin to his limits, because she was pissed, but now that she was calm, the woman was a little less skilled, needing refining, but the woman was going to be deadly when her rational fighting abilities caught up with what she could do when she lost control.

When they were done Thorne sighed softly, panting as she slumped down to the ground, sitting there looking depressed.”Damn.”She cursed a little, feeling tired and hurting because the woman knew she was going to get her husband killed. She just wasn’t good enough to go into battle. “You weren’t bad. You just need practice.”Wrath said smiling a little as he bounced the laughing toddler on his knee, looking at his granddaughter, just seeing how disheartened the woman was.

"Fantastic!", Lucifer mused, overly confident with that his wife was so skilled at weapons and combat, that he expected no less and did not get it either from a child bearing the blood of Wrath. Lucifer was a bit out of breath, some sweating after the duo workout with Belial then with his wife. Lucifer walked up to her, smiling proudly down at her as he extended his hand to help her up. "Come. Don't mope. You're a fearsome combatant for having so little practice, be sure of that. But Wrath is right, you need more practice.", he said lightly, taking a soft breath and a delighted sigh. "We'll take it to the next step tomorrow, alright? This was just a taste and you're just getting your toes wet, need to get you down with your feet, maybe even legs next.", he mused delightedly over that he saw so much fighting potential and joy over that he would be teaching her, helping her explore and develop it so that she would be the opposite of someone who needed protection when the countdown came to its close.

He looked to Wrath, smug smile. "You'll be fighting with your grandfather tomorrow, he has a much better eye for combat then I do. Especially when he can sit quietly and watch it.", he teased before he looked to his wife again. "What do you say we hit the showers, then have something to eat? All this fighting has made me in dire need of both to say the very least.", he smiled curiously and wondrously down at his lovely wife.

Back
Top Bottom