Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Valentine's Day: The best of/worst of

AkumaTsuki

Star
Yes it's that lovely time of year where everyone eat chalky little hearts and kills millions of flowers all in the name of greeting cards companies and a man who was stone to death. Yay stoning! *clears throat*
Anyways, this is the place to discuss you best and or worst Valentine's experiences ever. We all have them so let them spill.
Hell you can even discuss this year's plans if you like.
Have fun.

Well, if no one else is going to share the pain and the joy that is Valentine's day, I will.

The best Valentines Day I ever had was with the man I now refer to only as my ex. It was our first Valentines Day together, and we had been together almost a year. Little sneak that he was, he first asked me out after Valentines Day (as in the day after), so this was our first and I was head-over-heels in love. I was young and he was the first guy I ever fell in love with. He was older then I was, so I naturally thought he was the smartest and greatest thing since sliced bread.

Our first Valentines Day, he did everything right. He knew I had a weak spot for picnics, but it gets cold in February around here. So, he had an indoor picnic so I could have what my little heart desired. We ate and shared gifts. It was memorable and I honestly thought that it would last forever.

Sadly, I can't tell you what we did for any holiday after that. Once our first anniversary passed, he seemed to get comfortable in our relationship. I can't remember what we did our second Christmas together, our second Valentine's together or anything special after that. And, since he was the only guy I've ever dated over a Valentines, he's the only one to ever get me a Valentine's, making that first one my best.

So, anyone have a better Valentine's day or worse?

it's not the biggest holiday for me, but it's still nice to get a card. typically i never get anything. so i don't expect this year to be any different. but i got my man a card and some flowers and one of those big hershey kisses. lol. nothing extravagant or anything. just a little something to show some extra lovin' and appreciation. lol.

BEST: Absolutely not a clue...
WORST: '08 finding out that the reason your plans got cancelled was due to your partner going out and fucking some whore instead.
THIS ONE: No clue what's happening (I think it's supposed to be a surprise), but I got Dub some Bhut Jolokia/ Ghost Chillies (world's hottest peppers) and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I think I'm also going to take him to the "BEST OF" movie marathon where they show all the movies up for best picture this year since he's brought it up a few times. I spoil him. XP
Pony's got presents too, but I can't say what until she gets them.

-shugs-

Um... let's see... I've only had one decent girlfriend, and I can't remember what we did then, so... Money and time saved?

My little brother's birthday is on Valentine's day, though. Wierd, huh?

Only one I had, only person I dated over Valentine's Day. Swung by her house to pick her up for our date just in time to see her getting into someone else's car all dolled up much nicer than she ever dressed for me.

Best one I had- The one where my husband asked me to marry him with an empty ring box with a note that said "I'm sorry but can't afford the ring that I think your worth. But I swear if you marry me I'll give you everything you deserve and more." Of course I said yes and we got married a month later.

Worst- I was home from boot camp and spent the day with my boyfriend of five years. However, I told him I wanted to spend the night at my best friends house because I didn't want to leave alone on Valentines day. Warning One: he did not put up a fight and thought it was a great idea. My mom and dad did not have a problem with it because they where going out for the night. Warning Two: he still had the key to my house from before I went to boot camp because he was living with me and my parents. Well its was around midnight and me and my friend had a craving for ice cream. We only lived a block away so in PJs and slippers we ran to my house in the middle of the night to grab the ice cream and go back to her house. Well when we went into my house we heard noses coming from my bed room. Warning three: My mom and dad are not home. So we went to my room, opened the door and found my boyfriend and the girl he had been cheating on me with FUCKING IN MY BED!!!!

Yea needless to say I broke up with him, called the cops and took the key back.

fuck valentines day.

Worst....I finally started dating this girl that I had been crushing on for months, we started dating at the end of january, but lo and behold, on valentines day, she decided to break up with me cause it was "too weird dating one of her best friends"

Best-Went to a diffrent girlfriends house after I was done working, technically it was the 15 when I went, 3 in the morning right?!?!, and when I got there, she was in some amazing looking lingerie, and had candles lit everywhere. :lol: hot wax anyone?!?!?!

best: erm... haven't had a good one yet to be honest.

worst: Ugh, being dumped by my girlfriend of 5 years... that hurt.

This will be the first Valentine's ever that I have had a boyfriend on. But I don't think we are going to do anything because he's poor, and I'm over the whole Valentine thing.

Worst though: Last year I was feeling a tad down on myself, so I started dating men off the internet. I met this guy, he was handsome to look at (a total asshole though), so on Valentine's day, I bedded him. Didn't really mean to, it was just a 'I don't want to go home alone" thing. We kept this up for about a month, until I realized that it was a game to him, and cut him off for two weeks. After those two weeks, I went and got my stuff, and I have never seen him since. XD

cheerio_cherry said:

:Looks at her post and eyes him:

Hummmm, I don't think your him so your safe.

Onica said:
cheerio_cherry said:

... I'm a girl. He clearly isn't. And FYI, he's a douche for cheating on you like that.

Yeah bet the girl wasn't even as good looking. For some reason they never are, least in my experience which not just makes it a douchebag move, but also a stupid one. Then again, he couldn't have been that smart to do it in that place anyway.

cheerio_cherry said:
Onica said:
cheerio_cherry said:

... I'm a girl. He clearly isn't. And FYI, he's a douche for cheating on you like that.

Oh...:blushes:

Girls are awesome! I love my ex-girlfriend and so dose my husband.....is that weird?

Onica said:
cheerio_cherry said:
Onica said:

Oh...:blushes:

Girls are awesome! I love my ex-girlfriend and so dose my husband.....is that weird?

No! That's made of awesome!

Well. Bf surprised me and made it a good Valentine's day. Though it was hilarious because I was talking to my mom on the phone and he came in wearing nothing but his socks, a bottle of wine covering his...manlybits and a rose between his teeth.
"Uh. Mom I have to leave, bf is being weird again."
Mom: "How weird?"
"Well he's only wearing socks."
Mom: "Depends on where the socks are. But I'll talk to you later. "

Best/Worst: Haven't had either way. Sadly or thankfully depending on your view point. What I usually do is watch some kind of war movie(Saving Pvt Ryan, Black Hawk Down, etc) and play a shooting game or two. That is if im not at work or sleeping.

This year though I was at work condensing all the valentine's day stuff to make room for our St. Paddy's Day stuff.
But all in all I would rather had spent the day with someone else. You know pizza, comfy couch, decent movie/co-op video games untill who know when.*shrugs*

But that's just me.

Worst: my second boyfriend trying to have sex with me on Valentines... I told him I was on my period, he didn't believe me, and he stuck his had down there. :/ Unpleasant for a) him refusing to listen to me, and b) having his fingers covered in blood. Also, made him look like he was only putting in the effort of cooking dinner just so he could get something. -.-

missedstations said:
Worst: my second boyfriend trying to have sex with me on Valentines... I told him I was on my period, he didn't believe me, and he stuck his had down there. :/ Unpleasant for a) him refusing to listen to me, and b) having his fingers covered in blood. Also, made him look like he was only putting in the effort of cooking dinner just so he could get something. -.-

Can't say I ever had that happen exactly, but the feeling that a guy was doing anything just to get laid is a familiar one. I did have one ex say he was into "jelly rolls". That kinda freaked me out.

Worst? My first boyfriend made a big deal about what would make me happy, and I gave him countless ideas that he could run with, then when valentines came around, he yelled at me for having gotten him something, started an argument, didn't let up until I cried. Decided he'd take me out to dinner to shut me up, but I had to pay for it. Mind you, he also didn't have a car. So....yeah. Fun times?

Best? Mmm, I suppose this year was pretty good. Work was tolerable, I got flowers and chocolates, I got the boy Bioshock 2, and after work I went to his place so he could start up the game. Iz pretty. I ended up falling asleep curled up around him while he played, and I was perfectly content with such. He was delighted, bragged to all his friends that his girlfriend bought him a game and let him play it on valentines day, no fuss. Pretty hilarious.

awwww... how sweet!

for me, v-day was more or less like any other day. i got nothing, as expected. and that's ok. i gave my hubs a card and some flowers and one of those giant hershey kisses tho. he seemed to like it a lot too. hehehe. tho..... hubs did redeem himself later that night. XD

darkangel76 said:
awwww... how sweet!

for me, v-day was more or less like any other day. i got nothing, as expected. and that's ok. i gave my hubs a card and some flowers and one of those giant hershey kisses tho. he seemed to like it a lot too. hehehe. tho..... hubs did redeem himself later that night. XD
It was, it had a heart that said your special. Im so lame I am more then likely going to sleep with it tonight.

Well at least he redeemed himself.

Pistol Kiss said:
darkangel76 said:
awwww... how sweet!

It was, it had a heart that said your special. Im so lame I am more then likely going to sleep with it tonight.

Well at least he redeemed himself.
lol! not lame! that's so cute! i'd do the same thing if i'd gotten something like that. XD

and yep. he did, lolol. tho i wonder if the redeeming was for me, for him or a little of both. lolol.

Back
Top Bottom