Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Other Little Things That Bother You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friendships falling apart over other people. Mind you it's not happening to me, but hearing both sides of the story is getting annoying.

The fact that I cannot feel tired, or sleep, without the aid of diphenhydramine. If I don't take it, I cannot feel tired. I'll try to lay down and become sleepy, but I simply cannot shut down without it.

Millenium Joker said:
I'm up to season 5 of Supernatural, and not to give away spoilers, I will say that some shit ends up being mind-blowing. Admittedly though, I preferred when the show was about beasts and monsters from various folklore rather than what it became as of season 4.

As to Smallville.... I never cared for Superman. Yes, he was the first DC comic hero, and YES, he has some okay villains. But not only does the whole super-powered clean-cut boyscout thing bother me, but the truth is that if he were in a solar system that didn't give off the same radiation as our own, he'd be just as plain and ordinary as you or me.

Honestly, on topic: people who praise Superman as an inspiring and well-written superhero. There's a lot of worse examples, but Superman is by far the most irritating example of a 'hero' people give credit to where there's other heroes so much worthy of a fan base (like the Green Arrow of DC, Sandman of Marvel, or Badrock of Image)

/comicnerdrant.

I tend to get worked up too easily over stuff relating to comic books. Probably because I'm writing one and trying to NOT do these things that bother me.
Yea, 5 is commonly considered the best of the series so far. After that, they do occasionally do monster of the week type episodes, but it's no longer the primary focus of the series like the early stuff.

Smallville, even though I watched alot of it, never really thought too highly of. I'll admit the primary reason I watched the show was Allison Mack. Busty, blonde, a huge nerd, killer smile.......screw Superman, I watched for Chloe. Otherwise, they really mucked up alot of things with the show. Such as the big final fight with Doomsday being a joke. And don't even get me started on how they handled Darkseid.......

People who give a lot of power to celebrities bother me, particularly when they are misinformed or give actors opinions so much weight and importance. I mean, that's great if you're inspired and everything, I just think people who say "OMG! Misha Collins, because of you, I didn't commit suicide and stopped cutting myself!" or "Jensen Ackles, I'm gay and I'm terrified of you because apparently you're a homophobe because you refuse to answer shipping questions at cons!" are kinda gross.

Seriously, I love movies and I have a lot of respect for actors because they can "turn into" other people while in front of a camera but I honestly don't give a shit about who they are as people. I love Sam Winchester to bits but Jared Padalecki is no friend of mine, I do not associate with him and have no delusions that he will ever impact my life in any physical way. Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson can be crazy ass bastards all they want, so long as when it matters, they make me believe they're somebody else.

An intense, serious craving for a specific roleplay, and finding no one who is interested in playing it with me.

Yessssssss ^

Or when someone responds to one of your cravings, but decides he want to chance almost every aspect of it. So it really goes from YES to uh NO thanks.

Or when someone responds and you think you've found someone that will actually RP your craving because they seem to fit what you need/are looking for and then suddenly..... the flake happens. That is, they just stop posting for whatever reason never to post again.

And I can also add a variation of this... they'll disappear without telling you why they've disappeared (and for a long while too) and then suddenly return. Then, upon return, act like you should've waited and not bothered to move on or that your muse will just be all into things or just... whatever. Even if it was something you super craved. But, thing is, after an experience like that you tend to be leery.

When students complain about the cookies we bought since we only have ten bucks and had to buy coffee as well. Sorry we had to get dollar cookies because there weren't enough supplies and your greedy asses ate all the good supplies!!!

When the elevator pulls an exorcist move and opens partly and then SLAMS THE FUCK SHUT.

This is why elevators are satanic. SATANIC I TELL YOU.

@Angel : So. MUCH. TRUTH!!!

THIS HAPPENED TO ME LAST WEEK. We discuss one of my cravings, everything is all good... I send starter - NO RESPONSE. Drives me insane....

Also, when partners decide to change their characters drastically from what was discussed during the actual roleplay- hate that!

How I manage to fuck up the smallest tasks.

CutePhoenix said:
Millenium Joker said:
I'm up to season 5 of Supernatural, and not to give away spoilers, I will say that some shit ends up being mind-blowing. Admittedly though, I preferred when the show was about beasts and monsters from various folklore rather than what it became as of season 4.

As to Smallville.... I never cared for Superman. Yes, he was the first DC comic hero, and YES, he has some okay villains. But not only does the whole super-powered clean-cut boyscout thing bother me, but the truth is that if he were in a solar system that didn't give off the same radiation as our own, he'd be just as plain and ordinary as you or me.

Honestly, on topic: people who praise Superman as an inspiring and well-written superhero. There's a lot of worse examples, but Superman is by far the most irritating example of a 'hero' people give credit to where there's other heroes so much worthy of a fan base (like the Green Arrow of DC, Sandman of Marvel, or Badrock of Image)

/comicnerdrant.

I tend to get worked up too easily over stuff relating to comic books. Probably because I'm writing one and trying to NOT do these things that bother me.
Yea, 5 is commonly considered the best of the series so far. After that, they do occasionally do monster of the week type episodes, but it's no longer the primary focus of the series like the early stuff.

Smallville, even though I watched alot of it, never really thought too highly of. I'll admit the primary reason I watched the show was Allison Mack. Busty, blonde, a huge nerd, killer smile.......screw Superman, I watched for Chloe. Otherwise, they really mucked up alot of things with the show. Such as the big final fight with Doomsday being a joke. And don't even get me started on how they handled Darkseid.......

How do you fuck up a fight with Doomsday? He's a mindless, near invincible killing machine. And Darkseid is kind of like the Anti-Doctor Strange of the DC World. The guy is hideous, but about as badass and unstoppable as they come without pulling a Tite Kubo and Godmodding everything.

@Rudolph- isn't Jared Padalecki gay in reality though?

Despite some of the positives you've been told, you still have insecurities anyway due to various reasons and because it's just natural to have them being human and all. But then something happens that makes that insecurity you have even worse for you and all you want to do is say... I give up.

The fact that my mother pretty much moved me into my sister's house AFTER I paid rent to them and is already moving someone else into my fucking room....SERIOUSLY! WHAT THE FUCK?! GIMME MY MONEY BACK BITCH SO I CAN BUY FOOD AND SHIT FOR THE HOUSE I'M APPARENTLY LIVING IN.....

When you finally make a gift choice right, but then get yelled out by your materialistic mother for spending too much money on the only jewelry she would deem acceptable.

Yup.

I think something along these lines has already been posted, but...
Probably my biggest roleplaying pet peeve in the world:

When people contact you to roleplay a pairing you've posted but THEY HAVEN'T READ THE PLOT YOU WROTE WITH IT.
I thought it was a no-brainer, but apparently not.

I absolutely hate two-faced people. If you have a problem with me, tell me so we can work it out. Don't pretend to be all nice to my face and then talk shit behind my back.

Glad I read this thread. The Flakes happen to me too. Or people who suddenly stop responding to you/ignore you while posting/talking with other people. Makes me wonder what I did wrong but I can't illicit a response to figure out why.

Also having more ideas then partners that are interested in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom