Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last of a clan (NurseMaxine and Ilaughatmyself)

Eloin, the last full blooded elf in her clan, had to quit school at age 15 to care for her two younger twin sisters who are now just out of highschool and on there own. Eloin can for the first time in years, concentrate on herself but has precious few resources to do it with. Her parents were killed in an auto accident and left the twins to her care. They are half human and the result of an affair her mother had. Despite being younger the twins despised Eloin and dominated her emotionally all the time they lived at home. The human father gave the twins money but nothing to their half sister, and was never around to care for them. When they left, Eloin then 22 was left with nothing, on welfare emotionally devistated, and struggling to get her High School diploma. Having a poor education she and no money to pay a tutor she seeks the help of her Adult Education Advisor to get through her classes. It is quickly obvious that she is malnourished, and living at the local mission is hardly conducive to her classwork.

Jason was a human living in the apartment complexes of New York City, working day and night as what he called a 'teacher for hire'. The technical term for it was Adult Education...Administrator? No, that wasn't right. All he knew was that the acronym for it was ADA, one letter off from that mental disorder where you can't focus on one solid thing for too long. The advisor sighed at that little joke he had and looked at his schedule, smiling a bit as he saw Eloin as the next name on the list. He particularly enjoyed this client. She was a very had worker, always coming in with that can-do attitude that so many others lacked. Plus, she always wore awesome hats, a nice bonus when the main function of this career was to look at clients' faces to see if they were learning the material well enough. The man ran a hand through his chocolate brown hair which, today, he had decided to spike a bit. His attire for today was a simple black polo shirt with a nice pair of khaki pants. His shoes were slip ons, only because he was a lazy bastard in the morning. That reminded him of the coffee on his desk, which he hastily took a sip of. When Eloin entered, he looked up with a smile but ended up with a frown. "You don't look all that...well-fed."

Eloin looked down at her toes which she couldn't see because they were hidden by her breasts, which despite her currently skinny condition where still more than ample. She now regretted her choice of a top ( although she only had three) which was a black spaghetti strap tank top that clung to her whispery thin frame. Normally she was curvier, but since losing her mothers support, the poor diet was beginning to take its toll.

"I'm sorry sir" she said "I haven't been eating right" Despite the fact that her condition was not her fault she instinctively apologised for it. She set her homework on the desk and took a step back. "I'm sorry its stained, sir" She wouldn't tell him that a drunk had spit at her on her way to the bus and that some had landed on her papers. "I hope I did alright". She pulled her long Auburn hair back over her shoulders and straightened the green knitted beenie she wore. She liked this hat. It was soft and comfortable, and could be used as pillow in a pinch. He pale skin was lovely, but with her poor nuitrician was beginning to loose its natural pink glow, and gave her a somewhat callow look.

Jason looked up at her as she apologized for her poor nutrition. He gave a heaving sigh and pushed the homework aside, gesturing for her to sit down across from him with a gentle, kind motion of the hand. It wasn't an order as much as it was a request for her coopperation. Whether or not she sat, he spoke up in a gentle tone, much like one would use when consoling a child.

"Eloin...it seems like there's something that you aren't telling me about your...at home situation. Now, you know that if you need help, the board has outright offered its assistance to you for your hard work. That isn't something they just hand out to anyone." He sighed, leaning back in his chair and entwining his fingers. "What I'm trying to say is that, despite the paranoia you seem to exhibit toward society, a lot of people are trying to help." He reached and pulled a dollar from his wallet, which was sitting on the desk in front of him, and handed it gently to her. "Here, go to the vending machines just down the hall, and buy something. When you return, I had better see some article of food in your hand, and you better be eating it." Despite how flat out mean it sounded, he kept a playful tone and smirked as if he were joking. "Now, go!"

Eloin Had not moved a muscle when he had motioned for her to sit down. She feared Mr. Jason, she always added the "Mr." as a sign of respect despite the fact that he had never nnown his full name. However hearing the authority of his words , lightheartedness aside, she responded immedeately and without hesitation. In childhood she had been raised to respect elders, particularly males, even more so if they were in a position of authority. Her father had been a strict disciplinarian up until his untimely death, and she did not lack for direction when he was a part of her life. She had known no happier times, and secretly longed for the security that came with a strong authoritative presence in her daily life. Pershaps that is why she never missed an appointment with Mr. Jason. His words this day were music to her ears.

Obediantly, she stepped forward, took the dollar and headed for the corridor wherethe vending machine was located. She purchased two nut bars, and returned with the first unwrapped and half eaten. Not only was she eager to obey, but she was very hungry, so full compliance came easy. She walked up to the desk, sat down, and lowered her eys, though she continued eating eagerly. As she finished the first bar, she paused and offered an explanation since she had been chastised for not accepting help. "I..I..I am homeless Mr. Jason, I stay the local shelter, and I get almost nothing to eat." She had blurted out the words quickly feering thatdid she not do so they would go unsaid. Then she sighed heavily as if a weight were lifted from her and tears streaked down her face. "I'm so embarrassed. I miss my father so. He kept me on the right track. Always!!! But alas, he is forever gone. I always knew what to do when I was with him."

He waited patiently, taking her time that she was away to look over her homework. She had gotten every question right but one, and that one was the hardest one anyway. It wasn't like he blamed her at all for screwing up one detail that threw the entire mathematical equation off. Aside from that he was impressed by her skills. When she returned to him, he looked up, seeing her eat the bar in earnest, an act which brought a smile to his face. Pretty soon, though, she started her story, and he listened to every second of it intently. The tears started flowing soon thereafter, and he felt a small bit of pity for her. When she finished, he decided to speak up.

"Well...there's a few options you have to remedy your situation." He listed them off while counting on his fingers. "One, you could always finish schooling and get a good job, get yourself a home and feel happy. Two, get a slightly worse job now and work your way. Or three..." He hesitated on this last one, worried as to how she'd react. "You could always come live with me."

Eloine sat stunned for a moment at his last words. No one in her recent past had ever made such a kind offer. Sure the people at the shelter saw to it she had a warm bed, but years of dealing with the chronically homeless, who did not want to help themselves had left them a bit jaded and cautious about taking the risk of making any personal sacifice. "You would do that for me? But why? You must have better possibilities than me, a homeless girl? I'd be happy to clean, or whatever in exchange." She hadn't thought about whatever might be, but the idea of a stable place to live and someone to come home with, someone who might affirm her romtime to time was far too desireable to turn down. "Your serious right?" She asked hoping against hope that he was.

She stared intently into his eyes trying to read an answer in them before he gave her one. Suddenly she was bursting with hope and praying it wasn't for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom