Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Fairy's Tale (Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

Eliana did not look up him, her hand came up and she held her head a moment. She drew a deep breath trying to force it away. "My head hurts" she said softly as the pain grew

He picked her up from the chair and without hesitation carried her out into the garden to be among the plants hoping it would help. He was trusting his life that she would not fly away.

Eliana did not fight him as he picked her. She just rested her aching head against his shoulder and closed her eyes. When she opened them she was out in the garden. "You are going to get in trouble for this."

"that's my worry," he said " Enjoy your freedom, just please come back. I couldn't live with you getting sick, I wouldn't do that to anyone, especially someone in my care.

"Then run with me, run with me with me right now, it is late who would see us." She looked at him a moment wondering if he would.

"Neither. They can act as a diversion, and with them, I can move like the wind, besides they can carry some supplies. If your feeling a bit better lets go back for them."

Eliana nodded a bit, "alright if you are sure. I guess the faster I get back to the forest the better I will feel, and then I will have my full powers and nothing will stop us."

He lead her through the garden to the stables wher he let his four horses out of the stalls and saddled Borealis his faorite. He placed pack saggles on the other four and loaded them with grain, food frhimself and the fairly and supplies. "Alright my lovelies, follow the fairy"

Eliana followed him to the stables, and then took off into the air once they were set to leave. She made sure to stay in her larger size so she was easy to follow.

The horses showed there good training and love for their master. They followed the fairy out into the evening air beyond the garden and into the woods beyond.

Eliana flew quickly deeper and deeper into the windows. She knew her speed was probably causing the horses to tire. So after a while she stopped in a clearing in the middle of the woods. "We will rest here for now." She then took off flying again, however she made three very fast circle around the area which was big enough for the horses to have room while they rested. Once she was done she landed again resting. "And that will keep anyone from finding us."

"How will it protect us ?" Robert asked. He couldn't see any difference. "What will stop the kings men from finding us and taking us back? " He looked very puzzled.

"Your not looking hard enough." She then got up went over to him and put her hands on his head and turned it to be looking up at a tree top where there seem to be a new glow, she turned him again and again showing him the glow. "The king will not be able to find us because of that. Even if he close to this spot he will not see us it appear to be to thick for him to get through."

Seeing the glow, he felt better, and unloaded the horses and set up a camp, putting out grain for the horses and lit a fire for cooking. "how shall we get water for the horses?" he asked her.

Eliana looked a moment, she knew they should not leave the safety of the clearing. She closed her eyes a moment and as she did the ground began to crumble away . Two holes quickly took there place, and then the hole began to fill with water. She opened her eyes but then she felt dizzy and then suddenly she collapsed she had use to much of her power in her weaken state and never let herself full recharge

Robert caught her as she colapsed and took her into the tent he had set up and layed her on a cot. He covered her with a blanket. "I think you need to rest my darling. The word had slipped out naturally without any thought on his part.

Eliana rested against him as he carried her. Her eyes opened, "thank you for the help, my powers must be back at full strength yet." She sighed "probably won't be until we are back at the fairy ring."

He knelt down and kissed her cheek gently, then went to tend to the horses. "well my pretties" he said to the horses, "were in a fine mess now if that fairly can't protect us."

Eliana was shocked when she felt him kiss her cheek. She then watched as he left her to rest. She needed to figure something out quickly. She needed her powers to ensure they were all safe, and protected.

After the horses wee bedded down, Robert came in the tent and crawled into his own cot to rest awhile. He looked over at the fairy who appeared to be resting peacefully. Only then did he close his eyes.

Eliana was sleeping, she differently needed it, they had a long way to go still, hopefully they would stay a head of the king, she slept through the night and well into the morning.

Robert had risen early while t was still dark, and built a small fire. He had breakfast cooking of pancakes,and bacon, and had fed and watered the horses. He returned to Eliana to waken her with a kiss on the cheek and the words "Breakfast is ready."

The smell of food started to make her nose twitch, but did not wake until she felt his lips on her cheek and his words in her ear. Her eyes opened and she smiled softly at him. "5thank you for making breakfast."

Back
Top Bottom