Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Fairy's Tale (Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

Elaina did not have any experience with money so she was not a hundred percent sure how to answer him. "Well I am not sure how until we can figure that out we will provide you with food and shelter."

"If we are to avoid detection when we escape, we must convince the king and his guards that you are in my control, even when you are not in your cage. That way, can walk the grounds a few days until they are used to seeing you out and about without being alarmed. Then when the moment is right we can just slip away."

"Or I can just kill the king and his knights should he try to stop us." She seemed ver serious about what she was saying, nothing like a sweet innocent fairy that were in fairy tales.

"Why didn't you kill the knight to begin with? I don't understand." Robert was confused how had someone who claimed such powers captured in the first place. "what would stop you from just killing me and going your own way?" He was starting to get nervous.

"The knights seemed to know just wear to find me and how to capture me. I think this king was told by a witch or a Mage that trapping me with a golden net would stop me from escaping. And that person also put a spell on this room to limit the use of my powers."

Well if he still has their help we could be in trouble. I still think we need to put them off their guard. You have nothing to lose in escaping, but if I help you and it doesn't work out, I lose everything. He walked across the room the the bed in the corner of the chamber and laid back on it to ponder the decision he was about to make and what it would mean to him.

Eliana rose from her seat and slowly moved over the bed standing at the foot of bed. "Fairies do so much for nature, we tend to the animals and plants, we usher in the changing seasons, and if I am not for the changing of the seasons the seasons will not change, and that will have a great impact on your world."

Robert didn't know what to believe. This fairy clearly had powers. but she still had not answered his most important question. Why should she spare him if she were that powerful. "I think you should get back in your cage and we will talk again tomorrow" he said. "I have animals to tend."

Eliana looked at him, and shook her head. "Don't make go back in there every time I touch the gold bars they hurt me, plus I do not like being trapped in such a small space."

"How do I know you wont try to over power me when I go to leave and escape. Then all will be lost for me."

"As I said whatever spell was cast on this room limits my power, I couldn't over power you. The king saw it fit while I was in this room I would not be able to escape."

Robert was uneasy. He decided to see how limited her powers really were. He reached out and took her hand and pulled her to him on the bed. Carefully measuring her reaction.

Eliana was frighten a moment suddenly grabbed her. She quickly turned smaller, escaping his grasp she bit his finger for good measure before fluttering to the other side of the room standing on a tall bookshelf away from him.

"Ahh I see your are not powerless. What would stop you from flying through the open door when I leave. It seems we are both prisoners in this room. You cannot leave unless I let you out, and I cannot leave lest you escape. Unfortunately, unless we cooperate we shall both starve or worse be punished by the King and what ever power put you here." He licked his now sore finger.

"You really are dumb. Fine suit yourself I can survive a lot longer than you can," she took a seat on the book self protesting coming down, she knew she was to high up for him to reach her.

Robert looked up at her. "if i am so dumb why is it you haven't answered any of my questions?" You say you are powerless and I have nothing to fear, but you prove yourself a liar by injuring me and putting yourself out of reach. I have been completely truthful with you, and let you have some liberty, and that's how you repay me?"

Eliana wrinkled her for forehead "what did you expect me to do, you grabbed me and pulled me down to the bed, I was just suppose to let you do that. I am not going to let myself get hurt."

"That is what I expected, but you lead me to believe you couldn't escape, that you were powerless, and that's not true at all. You could easily shrink down and slip through the door with me when I left, and I'd be a dead man."

"I can not base through that door without being invited to, as I said my powers are limited I am still able to change my size to get away from you when I feel threaten."

Robert was greatly troubled by her answer. Dare he trust such a being. "You require a great deal of trust from me and offer me little in return. Show me that you trust me as well. go back in your cage. I promise I won't close the door. You will have to trust me for that. After I leave you will have the freedom of the room, and after I feed my animals I will return to you."

Eliana heart raced in her chest she did not want to go back in her cage. She looked at him. "I will go back into the cage if you go by the door so I know you will be able to lock me into the cage." The door was on the other side of the room so she knew if he was trying to lock her he would have to cross a whole room before he would be able to get to her and she would have time to get out of th cage.

"Your not very trusting are you?" he said smiling. "That's alright, its a place to start, Go back in your cage. My horses are hungry."

Eliana had no reason to be trusting of him, but as he moved over to the she moved over the cage and waited for him to leave the room.

Once Eliana was inside, Robert smiled at her and opened the door, left and locked it behind him. He went to the stables and fed his horses and mules and then to the royal kitchen, and ordered a full dinner for himself and the royal prize fairy. He returned to the door with tray piled with delicious stew, fruits, nuts, and even candies, and a bottle of wine.

Once Robert was gone eliana left the cage and returned to normal size. She set about the room making it more homey for herself she, she quickly using what little power she had to have flowers and grass and all sorts of plants to grow in the room it made it look the room was set up outside.

Back
Top Bottom