Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Fairy's Tale (Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

wolvenrogue

Singularity
Supporter
Robert, a strong Lad of 19, fair haired, and handsome, well muscled and the object of more than one maiden's fantasy had been serving the king in the stable the last 4 years since his father died, and had become the King's favorite groom. Then one day he was summoned to the king's chamber and given a new duty, caring for the king's latest acquisition, a crimson fairy. One of his knights had captured her and she was kept in a private chamber in a cage made of pure gold. He was told her care would be his primary responsibility, and disaster would befall him should anything happen to her. Just the same, were she to escape it would be his head. He cracked the door to her chamber and entered.....

Eliana sat her golden cage huddled in a corner. Her silvery wings wrapped around her. Her long raven hair covering her face. She was so afraid, as she was not sure what was to become of her. She could not believe she allowed herself to be captured. She was so foolish when she left the safety of the fairy ring to explore the world.

Robert opened the door to the chamber and was surprised to find that the room appeared empty and unoccupied. He looked around and in the corner stood what appeared to be a golden bird cage, a soft crimson light sparkled within. He looked closer. It was indeed the fairy. 'But how could a big young man like him be expected to care for anything so delicate." he wondered to him self "and why had it required the kings foremost knight to capture it?" He held up the cage and peered inside in wonder. "I'm Robert, your caretaker don't worry, I won't hurt you. My very life depends on your well being"

Eliana felt her cage move and she braced herself she was forced to look up and she stared at the man. "I don't need a caretaker and I need to be set free." She said in almost a feisty tone as she stared at the man looking into her cage.

" That, I cannot grant you" he said, surprised at her tone. " The king would have my head on a pike if I did. I'll do whatever else I can for you, but if you are not here when the king calls for you I am a dead man."

"Your a dead man when my family finds you, but release me now and I will make sure you are treated kindly." Her wings fluttered a bit as she spoke to one of her captors hoping that her threat was enough to get her released.

Robert looked at her puzzled. "If all your family are your size, I've nothing to fear from them. Besides what wrong have I done you? The king or his knight maybe. Them I fear."

Eliana laughed at him,"you think I remain this size." She laughed again. "The only thing that's keep me tiny is this cage. And trust me I have more power than your king our his knights have."

"Then how was it he captured you?" Robert asked." My name is Robert by the way. May I ask what yours is?

"Foolishness got me captured" she stared at the man and paced the cage a moment trying to decided if she could tell him her name. "Eliana" she finally said to him

"Well I'll not let foolishness get me killed but I will do my best to be your friend. What does a fairy eat?" Robert was feeling hungry himself.

"I had no idea.. I am used to caring for horses and mules." Robert went and locked the door to the chamber and the shutters over the windows and tucked away his keys. If I let you out will you behave ? he asked

"By behave you mean not hurt you, we'll lucky for you they put magic on in this room that prevents me from using much of mine, so you have little to fear."

He gingerly opened the cage, realizing that he had only her word, but being so fascinated by her that e could not help himself.

As soon as the cage was open Eliana sprang from the cage and fluttered around the room after than any he had ever seen. She landed finally Ina far corner and her size quickly changed to that of a normal woman. She stretched her body enjoying the freedom of the cage

Robert was astonished. He opened his lunch pail and spread the food out on the table to share with her. "Are you hungry?" He could not take his eyes from her. he had never seen someone so beautiful.

Eliana watched as he laid out the food she drew a deep breath trying to fit the hunger she felt but she couldn't. She moved over to the table took a seat."yes I am."

Robert sat next to her and ate a little with her and reaching out to her gently touched her cheek with the back of his hand, just as he had done with his beloved horses so many times. He was in awe of her beauty. He had never seen anything at once so beautiful and powerful. He smiled, and poured her a cup of wine and set it before her. "Whatever you need I will provide" he said.

Eliana ate the food slowly. She was uneasy still of this man. She suddenly felt him touch her cheek which had startled her. But she didn't pull away she just turned and looked at him. "I need to be set free I will not survive in this captivity for long."

"What do you mean?" Robert asked looking troubled. "what will happen to you?". Robert loved the animals in his care, and never wanted to see them come to harm. He was quickly enamoured with this gossamer creature, and her request troubled him.

She looked at him a moment and sighed "faires are not meant to stay in captivity, we need to be out in the world with the plants and the animals it's the only way we can live"

"If I let you go, I will be a fugitive the rest of my life." He looked sad. "would bringing in some plants help?"

"You let me go I can offer you the protection of the fairies, you can leave this place with me and I can keep you safe" she looked at him hoping he would take the offer but not sure if he would since she was not sure of he had family here

Robert thought about her request, he had little to lose if they could really protect him, except for his home and a way to make a living, since his father and mothe wer gone and he was an only child. "how would I make my living? here I am the chief groom of the king."

Back
Top Bottom