Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My birthday in Japan

Orcus

Star
I was born on Easter Sunday, April 7th 1985AD. I used to think it was kind of cool that I was born on a holiday even after I started changing my mind about religion. These days I think of Easter as a mostly harmless affair. I could point out that the whole thing stims from the story of a pretty decent guy getting brutally murdered before being reanimated as a holy zombi (yet after advocating cannibalism oddly enough) and being promptly whisked away to Heaven leaving no evidence, only for his followers to to spent the next 2,000 years blahblahblah

Just let the kids have their candy, you dick.

But it turns out that Easter isn't the only holiday that sometimes happens on my birth day.

I take you now to Kawasaki Japan. As I type this, massive shrines are being built so they can be carried with pride through the city streets. People are preparing make holiday themed candies and treats for the children. Costumes are being lovingly sown by hand. On Sunday April 7th 2013AD the streets of Kawasaki will be filled the the joy and merriment that can only come from Kanamara Matsuri.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanamara_Matsuri

Back
Top Bottom