Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zombie Survival Horror Group or 1on1 search! [Discontinued]

RE: Zombie Survival Horror Group or 1on1 search!

I am interested!

Ooo some interest! :)

I was sort of loosing faith in this thread!

Well once I have enough people interested with characters, a setting and some form of a plot decided as right now this thread and the roleplay are still not 100%...

I'm incredibly interested. I'm new to this site, but I've been doing this for a long time. I'd like to know if this gets off the ground, I'll work on a character.

I can go for this. Depends on the direction.

Edit: Question? If a psycho character has a FUBAR mind set. Then how can they be a character that can be played without killing or trying to kill another players character? I only ask since your character IS a psycho. It sounds like a bothersome and tedious thing. That would negatively effect the rp, and character progression. I only ask for a clarification. And present you with an easy answer. Is it like Dead Rising crazy's? Or, more realistic, where they have snapped BUT can be reasoned with. And communicated with.

Sharingan said:
I can go for this. Depends on the direction.

Edit: Question? If a psycho character has a FUBAR mind set. Then how can they be a character that can be played without killing or trying to kill another players character? I only ask since your character IS a psycho. It sounds like a bothersome and tedious thing. That would negatively effect the rp, and character progression. I only ask for a clarification. And present you with an easy answer. Is it like Dead Rising crazy's? Or, more realistic, where they have snapped BUT can be reasoned with. And communicated with.

My initial idea for the psychopaths was based on those in the Dead Rising games, hostile humans out of touch with reality who have a kill or be kill mentality. To be able reason with them would impossible as they are not of sound mind and this would defeat the purpose of them being psychopaths.

Not only will they kill and attempt to kill other characters, so will the bandits and zombies. I would like characters to die but not without their player's permission, this could be a good way for people to ditch characters they are bored with or if they get bored of the roleplay and leave we can kill of their characters. After all whats a horror story without victims?

However this does not mean I want characters who are superhuman and incapable of being wounded. Having injured characters will add drama and tension to scenes where characters are at great risk and are struggling to do simple things such as walking. After all the survivors will need to help each other while the bandits will take a survival of the fittest approach to survival!

I hope this makes sense. Sorry for my absence, I have not been very active on this site lately as I was loosing faith in this thread as there was no interest and I have no other roleplays going at the moment. I am glad to see people interested and would hope you are all willing to help develop the roleplay and not just make a character play a few posts then vanish...

If anyone is interested in helping out with the roleplay, suggestions for the following would be greatly appreciated;

[1] Title.

[2] Setting; location and time period ect. Do people want the generic modern day US city? Or would you prefer something else? I personally would be interested in the following:
> Rural Eastern Europe.
> The Middle East.
> Some place tropical, South America perhaps?

I'm liking this concept more and more as it develops!

Now, for the setting, I'd go for either that tropical approach (South America presents a great number of possibilities), but Rural Europe and the Middle East both present great their own dynamics as well (Middle East, a range of terrain from mountainous to flat desert, Rural Europe full of ruins, hills, roads and flatlands).

But, if I have to choose one, I'd vote for Rural Europe.

The title's always the hardest thing.

I think "On All Sides" has a good ring to it. Can refer to not only the zombie hordes, but marauders, psychos, and maybe other Survivor groups not taking any chances. Surrounded on all sides, no escape but to fight or to die.

I like it. How about you guys?

Sorry again for my absence real life and employment are taking over! :(

Rural Eastern Europe is of most interest to me, a Post-Cold War/USSR setting with a winter climate remnants of the Soviet Union laying in ruin all over the place. The reason for the zombies could come from a abandoned underground Soviet research bunker, in which chemical and biological weapons were being created and stock piled like the nukes, tanks and Ak-47's ready for the war that never happened with America!

Maybe some locals discover the bunker and managed to get inside, then while inside accidentally release some sort of virus that infects them and the local rivers that supply the nearby towns and villages with water. The infection will spread fast through bites and the water as people and animals become infected and the virus spreads like wild fire!

Survivors could include:
- Village Locals/Farmers/Soldiers/Police/Towns People ect.

- Tourists/Back Packers/Vacationers ect the usual American teens who find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time in almost every horror film! lol

While Bandits could be primarily made up off:
- The Russian Mafia/Other local criminals.

- Paramilitary Forces.

Ah yes, reality. Such a harsh and cruel mistress, wishing for us to give her all of our attention instead of some of it!

Anyway, Eastern Europe is good, exactly what I was thinking. Though for both Bandits and Survivors, I would hope to add "Mercenaries" to those lists, since they do operate out there and Eastern Europe isn't the most law-filled place in the world anyway (and what law is there is more than likely corrupt). A haven for criminals, terrorists, and freedom seekers alike. Though this is both for an excuse to use a mercenary for my character and to have a weapon(s) of choice.

Also, winter's a good idea. Though I'd put for the motion for early fall, since it's that perfect time where things are getting colder and colder as winter approaches, but clothing doesn't have to be as heavy in order to survive.

Plus, food sources. As tasty as other people are, I'd prefer to keep my cookbook for longpig hidden for as long as possible, thanks, heh.

Wait, animals would be infected too? That'd... be very strange. Especially since any biological weapon would be targeted more towards humans than anything else, in order to keep as much of the environment intact as possible. The infection through the water, I think, goes by the same logic: If you're to take a city through biological warfare, then rid the environment of the population, not the other way around.

Locals, though, could totally spread the virus in the sense that you're thinking. The first victims would take a while, but then again, they always do. Then they spread the disease through bites or through contact of bodily fluids (spit, blood, sweat, etc.) and tissue (skin, muscle, fat, innards, etc.). I'm thinking kids, maybe, just playing around, exploring, and then a few days later, they become sick, they die, they come back an hour later, and then infection has a faster incubation period after that.

Sorry, I've done a few Zombie RPs and stories in my day, hope it's not too much or too against your plan.

Sure mercenaries could be present in the roleplay though a soldier of fortune is not much use when the dead out number the living. They would probably just full under the bandit/criminal group as they would most likely be greedy and fend for themselves after all they are just killers and guns for hire. Though I am abit concerned you wish to play a Rambo style character, which i hope is not the case as I am not looking for a roleplay where the zombies are a minor threat and the survivors are gun toting action heroes who run and gun their way through undead hordes...

Also wildlife is bound to be infected along with human life, especially with most of this roleplay potentially taking place in a rural setting where wild animals are obviously going to be roaming. The outbreak will be accidental so their will be no real targeting involved and any living organism that feeds or drinks drinks from a infected source will become infected. After all rats and other vermin are usually the main cause for a plague to spread as they were during Bubonic plague.

Oh no no no, I'm not a Rambo kind of guy. John McClaine, on the other hand...

No, I kid, I kid. I'll behave myself, don't worry.

But not all mercenaries are killers and guns for hire, my friend. Many belong to legitimate contracting companies, and those who don't are often freelance ex-military. Though perhaps I should have used "Contractor" instead of Mercenary. The latter does have a bad reputation that most real life contractors tend to avoid. So, I hope, they would fall under both categories. And if not, I hope you aren't too strict as to let my guy not be a survivor for the sole fact of being a contractor.

And I can see how wildlife could be infected if the virus was able to bypass the human-animal barrier. Those that do often start with the animals themselves. You use the plague as an example, with rats and other vermin being responsible for transference, when it was really the fleas that fed on the rats, which then attempted to feed on humans. The fleas, too full from the large amounts of rats around, regurgitated their meals into the human bloodstream and the Bubonic Plague was born from that.

Of course, that was a naturally occurring plague, not a virus in an old Soviet Research Bunker. Biological and Chemical warfare often targets the human populous, not the surrounding wildlife in the area. Even then, it would have a limited life span in order to minimize damage and the body would burn itself out trying to fight such a virus. I doubt an animal's body is a proper host for an artificially created virus of the Soviet Union anyhow, so most would die first before the virus could take hold.

Sorry to dispute this, but I have done my research. Many, many zombie writings.

I am very interested in this. I always wanted a good zombie rp, and this seems to be very good for now :p
Ok so I have a few questions and a few ideas.
So the zombies are like every other zombies, in any movie. If it bites you or scratches you will turn?
It doesnt matter to me where will our characters be. But I wanted to ask in what phase is the virus? I mean is most of the humans in the world turned or it is just begining? Cuz if most of the population is dead then that means that our characters should be in smaller citys or in mountains or in big forests, somewhere were there are not many humans, cuz in the bigger citys it is logical that there will be full with zombies and there is no way our characters will survive there.
And what if every human in Earth is infected, living and dead. I mean what if someone dies without being biten or scratched and then this human turns into zombie. This will be the most logical how the infection begin, even when you die without being bitten or scratch you still turn into a zombie.
Ok so thats what I have tell me what you think

Sorry again for my absence family and work have taken over recently! Though luckily things are calming down! :)

Ok, Foley.

Just wanted to make sure your intentions were not to go Rambo! :p lol

I am glad that you have done your research but we are talking about a zombie virus, which is not real and the only effects known are found in works of fiction. So as to what is effected and how is open to interpretation from any movies, book, comic, video game and TV show about zombies that we wish.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Nichoy,

Well so far a we have yet to decide on anything unfortunately...

I am happy for characters (When the player is willing) to be turned as a result of bites, scratches and any sort of physical contact with the undead that could lead to some sort transference of bodily fluids and general infected tissue!

Also for people to turn upon death is also of interest to me, with characters having to take care and precaution when dealing with wounded or dieing people who are essentially ticking time bombs that need to be dealt with as soon as possible! This would cause the obvious confrontations as people want to protect loved ones and more sensible members of the group will want to destroy their brain! :D

Sounds good. I am glad to help, I am really interested in this idea you have and I want to see this as a rp.
If I need any help or something, I will be glad to help you.
I may be new to this site, but I am not new to roleplaying and I am always up for something that will make me think for ideas :p
So when is this going to start. I mean at least for character creation thread?
One more thing I want to ask.
Our character's are they going to meet in the rp once it starts or they already now each other and are a group trying to survive?

Yeah thats cool. I want people to contribute after all it is a group roleplay! :)

I am thinking of starting up a new thread for character profiles. So we can start building up a roster of characters for the roleplay.

Yeah that sounds great.
I have an idea for a character.
And dont worry, not a Rambo character :D Just a normal person :p
Are you going to start the character profile thread soon?

Also we need a working title, so far Generalfoley has suggested 'On All Sides'. Its ok but I would prefer something with a Eastern European/Russian ring to it after all this is our setting which is alot different to the usual generic American City.

Also we have some sort of a basis for our plot a abandoned Soviet chemical weapons bunker is discovered and investigated by some people unaware of its contents who accidentally release some sort of virus!

Nichoy said:
Yeah that sounds great.
I have an idea for a character.
And dont worry, not a Rambo character :D Just a normal person :p
Are you going to start the character profile thread soon?

Yup doing it now will post a link here ASAP! :D

Great glad to hear that. :)
A question. Are our characters going to try and find a way how to stop this virus or are they just going to try and survive and see how things go?
Another question. Where are we going to start? I mean in a big city or somewhere isolated like a forest or mountain or somethng like that?
Just asking wanting to know more.

CHARACTER THREAD: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=43482

Nichoy said:
Great glad to hear that. :)
A question. Are our characters going to try and find a way how to stop this virus or are they just going to try and survive and see how things go?
Another question. Where are we going to start? I mean in a big city or somewhere isolated like a forest or mountain or somethng like that?
Just asking wanting to know more.

I am not sure, we are still trying to organize our ideas! Feel free to make suggestions!

So far we only really have a setting in mind; Eastern Europe.

For this I am thinking rural areas such as farmland, forests, mountainous areas and obviously villages and small towns. I would like to involve big cities maybe even Moscow! Oo.. Moscow! :D

But if this roleplay goes as good as I hope characters could be active in different locations and traveling between! :) after all in most zombie movies ect survivors are always on the move trying to survive.

At the moment I think survival should be the main focus, trying to find a cure and stop the outbreak could get silly. I want Horror, Action, suspense and loads of drama! :D

MiseryChord said:
Also how does "Z-day" or "WWZ" sound for a title? Just a thought. Since its basically a play on words haha and has to do with war which is basically what zombie survival stories are about.

Hmmm, sounds abit too much like World War Z.. I would like to avoid this just becoming a roleplay based on ready made series or other form of fiction.

MiseryChord said:
Ok, talking about the dead turning...how exactly would one prevent that from happening? I may be acting a bit blonde here but they are already dead so...how would it be stopped?

DESTROY THE BRAIN! :D

Back
Top Bottom