Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stream of consciousness and perhaps even some insight...

Re: DarkAngel's Ramblings, etc.

Soon as I read those types I knew it myself. Though without knowing the questionnaire for it I can still guess I'd be an "Acts of Service" type.

Same reason I hear people say that Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars book is supposed to be required reading for relationships. I do understand the communication bit, and understanding the differences do help. My favorite example someone posted up for me was talking about the why and how of communication. How women tend to communicate to valid emotional states where as men communication to give facts. Combined with traditional roles in society has lead to things where women say things like "Honey, the trash is full" meaning "Take out the trash" whereas the average male mind goes "Okay, trash is full, no orders attached to that, safely ignore". Because not even all that long ago if you think about it if a woman ordered a man around she'd get a backhand to the jaw. Woman gets pissed because she "told" you to take out the trash and you didn't. You don't know why she's angry, etc. Weird things like that, I find them fascinating.

I tend to be that way about touching too in public. I'll do it if they really want it, but I won't really be comfortable with it.

Another good example is the shopping difference. Supposedly goes back to the traditional roles again. Men are hunters. To a hunter one deer is just as good as another. You kill the first one that you come across that fits your needs, take it back to the home, skin it, gut it, eat it. Yum. Women being the gatherers that had to walk around, taking inventory, noting when things were growing, how much there was, just when something will be perfectly ripe before picking it, etc. Thus when shopping a guy goes "Oh, a shirt with a pocket and a collar, DONE! And the woman tends to go keeping careful inventory of the store, tracking sales and deals, asking and knowing when they'll get new shipments in, etc, etc, etc.

Yeah, gotta love those things. Like the "Leadership" workshop I took at NSLC. One of my coworkers was in it so I got to note how they worked as a leader type vs. me.

I ended up being a very "People Oriented" type. She ended up being an insane, overtly obsessive detail planner. I'm the sort of guy who, leading up would say things like "We have X, Y, and Z to do... who wants to work on what?" while she'll be taking full inventory and grilling everyone to find their skills, overplanning everything while they stand around wondering what to do while she makes up her mind.

And I'm the guy on the site going "Hey, you having fun? You better, you're a volunteer, you don't like this, tell me and I'll find something else that's better for you."

Back
Top Bottom