Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The F-word (Feminism)

Do you support feminism?

• Yes, and I call myself a feminist

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Yes, but I don't call myself a feminist

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I'm ambivalent

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • I do not support feminism

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Feminism's work is over

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • I am an MRA (Men's Rights Advocate)

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Misterking

Masculinity it of itself isn't toxic, but 'toxic masculinity' is actually a unique phenomenon. It's the sort of thing that men are taught not to cry, be emotional, to buff up and be manly, do stereotypically masculine things, be called pussies if deemed weak or sensitive. Bullshit like that still exists on a cultural level, though often it isn't as cut and dry and easy to identify, especially when passed from people in emotional power over another (elder relatives and adults over children for example).

And rape isn't a result of manliness at all, a little research into criminology and you'll discover rape is an act of dominance and power, but sex is usually the 'driving force'. And toxic masculinity totes dominance and powerfulness over weakness, sensitivity and submission above most things in basic, generalised terms.

And I fail to see how providing logical, sociologically, psychologically and criminologically sound arguments in favour of my position is considered 'blaming masculinity for evils'. That is completely degrading to the point.

Also consider rape culture in a large amount of modern society. I can't say much for every nation, but I know it's prevalent in America, strong in some cultures of Japan and it of course exists across Europe. I wouldn't doubt it happens chronically across the globe, but I can't exactly quote that as I'm not at all knowledgable enough.

Also 'those acceptable reasons'....ugh. That would be tumblr vernacular, but thanks for assuming all feminists are like that, very mature and clearly insightful. Tumblr is full of bullshit like every other site on the internet.

I don't have internalised misandry because 1. misandry is an oppressive structure that just frankly doesn't exist 2. internalisation requires a social hotpot that conditions and indoctrines a certain state of mind, certain opinions, etc etc. I, for a very long time, was anti-feminist, for the exact same shortminded reasons many others on this site, and in the world, profess. Because I was ignorant.

@SweetKissHardBite

I have to be honest, you're being pretty simple and childish around this subject. What you're talking about are opinions, which require no actual knowledge, awareness, wisdom, understanding or empathy. Anyone can share an opinion, and opinions are welcome, but they do become tasteless and wearing when they contribute literally nothing at all. :I

You're responses are existing entirely in extremes, taking wild assumptions and it's taxing to have to keep entertaining it for the sake of civil discussion- in a discussion that isn't even ABOUT me. Because of course if I get angry I'll be immediately discredited? Of course,
things are only even slightly fathomably true if you're polite when you say it.

Your response literally amounts to nothing, makes no sense, is a completely incorrect interpretation of what I said (a frustrated afterthought might I add).

You also live in a country where a multitude of states consider 'but she was teasing me/she said she wanted it at first/ she was wearing such promiscuous clothing/she was drunk/etc' is considered a defence in the court when accused of rape. In most other nations, that would be considered a confession.

Should I quote the Steubenville incident?

So, yeah, Toxic Masculinity (Which we have no proof for) made them do it, whatever...

I'll onbly say that if toxic masculinity was the cause of rape, there wouldn't be women rapist, you don't need to be masculine to be a rapist, sorry, but to think otherwie is just delusional

Tierhund said:
Also 'those acceptable reasons'....ugh. That would be tumblr vernacular, but thanks for assuming all feminists are like that, very mature and clearly insightful. Tumblr is full of bullshit like every other site on the internet

Actually that's the most common attitude I have seeing on Feminist, on or outside Tumblr

And here are some quotes from important Feminist to back it up, since we do provide evidence

http://thoughtcatalog.com/jake-fillis/2014/05/23-quotes-from-feminists-that-will-make-you-rethink-feminism/

Tierhund said:
I don't have internalised misandry because 1. misandry is an oppressive structure that just frankly doesn't exist 2. internalisation requires a social hotpot that conditions and indoctrines a certain state of mind, certain opinions, etc etc. I, for a very long time, was anti-feminist, for the exact same shortminded reasons many others on this site, and in the world, profess. Because I was ignorant.

Again, you keep saying that like if it means anything, I'll repeat:

If Misandry No Real, because Not All Women

Then Misogyny No Real, because Not All Men

I can't put it simpler than that...

Tierhund said:
I have to be honest, you're being pretty simple and childish around this subject. What you're talking about are opinions, which require no actual knowledge, awareness, wisdom, understanding or empathy. Anyone can share an opinion, and opinions are welcome, but they do become tasteless and wearing when they contribute literally nothing at all. :I

You're responses are existing entirely in extremes, taking wild assumptions and it's taxing to have to keep entertaining it for the sake of civil discussion- in a discussion that isn't even ABOUT me. Because of course if I get angry I'll be immediately discredited? Of course,
things are only even slightly fathomably true if you're polite when you say it.

Your response literally amounts to nothing, makes no sense, is a completely incorrect interpretation of what I said (a frustrated afterthought might I add).

Like yours was a completely incorrect interpretation of what I said before, which is another thing Feminists seem to do a lot, exagerate the opositions points and then complain when they are treated 'equaly' (Oh the irony...)

Tierhund said:
You also live in a country where a multitude of states consider 'but she was teasing me/she said she wanted it at first/ she was wearing such promiscuous clothing/she was drunk/etc' is considered a defence in the court when accused of rape. In most other nations, that would be considered a confession.

Should I quote the Steubenville incident?

You mean the one where the guys that raped a girl were actually treated like criminals, threatened, prosecuted and punished like they should?

Or maybe you mean any of THESE http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/39783/

Where most if not ALL got nothing but a slap on the wrist?

You're talking in extremes again. Male supports women so THERES NO MISOGYNY OBVS??? Jesus. Where are you getting this from? Why are you world views sculpted from extremes?

So lets repeat.

1: You're saying the equilivant of 'Racism isn't real because not all white people'. No, that's bullshit. Literally can't be more wrong. How the fuck are you even reaching these absurd conclusions. You're simplicity just goes to show you aren't appreciating real life is far more complicated than A + B = C. You keep saying that same sentence like it means anything, I assure you it literally doesn't.

2. Not complaining, I'm finding you unpleasant and you're completely missing the mark continually. You're seeing through special lenses. So sorry, no, not 'them darn feminists'.

3. Oh they are? Funny, I'm sure most of the men involved had news stations complaining about how the poor boys football career was ruined. At least actual justice was served. On another note, if your source and statement is correct, I completely agree that those women have gotten off far too easily. If I may comment, I believe that comes from the 'women can't be rapists' idea, which is obviously untrue. Either way it is highly inappropriate that they got off so easy.

4. That is a truly incredible website you've found. I'd like to say with these quotes clearly taken out of context, I'm sure some of these were absolutely not meant seriously. Of course if they were meant seriously, these are pretty outrageous things to say. This also seems to me to be Radical Feminism, or an extremist form of it. Also quite a few quotes of what these women are saying are extreme and ludicrous, and I don't stand by them.

That said, a few of these are quite sound statements, for example the statement near by the bottom by Marilyn French, or David Angier.

Just like how an entire movement doesn't have carbon copy individuals, feminists don't all as one say such things.

Hey, you are the one saying: Women support Men so MISANDRY CAN'T EVER EXIST, if it applies to one, it applies to the other, unless you are THAT sexist

Tierhund said:
1: You're saying the equilivant of 'Racism isn't real because not all white people'. No, that's bullshit. Literally can't be more wrong. How the fuck are you even reaching these absurd conclusions. You're simplicity just goes to show you aren't appreciating real life is far more complicated than A + B = C. You keep saying that same sentence like it means anything, I assure you it literally doesn't.

That's exactly what YOU are saying, like I said before, you spoke in absolutes when it came to Misandry, but someone that doesn't aply to the others because... ?

I think people can hate eachother, be them the mayority or minority, hate is hate, be them 'oppressed' or not, you hate someone just for 'being' then you are a douche, sorry, but I'm not sorry

You are basically saying that if tomorrow, Black People Became the Mayority, then the KKK wouldn't be racist, which is ridiculous, but then again, that is Feminist Logic for you

Tierhund said:
2. Not complaining, I'm finding you unpleasant and you're completely missing the mark continually. You're seeing through special lenses. So sorry, no, not 'them darn feminists'.

Yeah I know, just: poor women, let's protect them!
That sounds progressive

Tierhund said:
3. Oh they are? Funny, I'm sure most of the men involved had news stations complaining about how the poor boys football career was ruined. At least actual justice was served. On another note, if your source and statement is correct, I completely agree that those women have gotten off far too easily. If I may comment, I believe that comes from the 'women can't be rapists' idea, which is obviously untrue. Either way it is highly inappropriate that they got off so easy.

So, lets see, Males Rapist get incarcerated and it is still proof of Misogyny only because some idiots tried to put their Talent ahead of their Crime (Which is common for sport fans and fans in general, not just men), then again, they might be complaining about the WHOLE DAMN TEAM being suspended instead of just the douches that commited the crime, but lets go with your version

They got punished, some people complained but those are idiots and we all know it, somehow THATS MISOGYNY!

Docens of boys get raped by THEIR TEACHERS, which barely get month of jail afterwards, no one person in the media says NOTHING...
...Sure, I can totally see how Males are just privileged, no Misandry anywhere

Tierhund said:
Just like how an entire movement doesn't have carbon copy individuals, feminists don't all as one say such things.

And yet, some do, and those are Misandrist, which would proof still, Misandry is a thing that happens

Also, most of those are or were highly influencial in the Feminist Movement, please, Learn your History before you try to lecture others in what Feminism is about, thank you

Tierhund said:
Also 'those acceptable reasons'....ugh. That would be tumblr vernacular, but thanks for assuming all feminists are like that, very mature and clearly insightful. Tumblr is full of bullshit like every other site on the internet.
I never said every feminist was like that. However, there are enough instances of bullshit that it's easy (for me) to sympathize with people who just avoid feminists out of hand. I personally don't because I like to give others the benefit of the doubt, but whatevs.

Also that "internalized misandry" thing was a joke. [sarcasm]Thanks for being able to read sarcasm over the internet.[/sarcasm]

With regards to the misandry argument in general, I think it's just you two being unable to see eye to eye. I think Tierhund is talking about misandry on an institutional level, which is indeed impossible if the prevailing institutions are patriarchal and misogynist (which is, admittedly, up for debate). SweetBite seems to be referring to it on an individual level, which is definitely possible because people have their own beliefs and perspectives, and "men are shittier than women because they are men" is a possible belief for people to have. It's probably/hopefully rare, but it's probability of existence is greater than zero.

Anyways, I'm done here. This thread escalated a bit too far for me, but thanks for the conversation nevertheless.

EDIT: Oh, the irony of a bitter argument for feminism by a man, and against it by a woman :D

I like to say I am Egalitarian. It's a mouthful, but it is more inclusive to all the genders and sexs and it also doesn't have the negative connotations that some people hold about the word feminism. The majority of the time, you will see me siding with feminist on most issues they believe in.

But I am also under the belief that we can't just look Women's issues. We have to look at Men's issues as well. (As well as Trans issues, Gay issues, ect. but for now my focus will be the on the Men.) Such as higher instances of drug/alcohol abuse and suicide due to depression which is left untreated due to the fact that men don't seek help for mental health. And the fact that men are more likely to be more likely to be both the perpetrators and victims of violent crime and therefore incarcerated. I think if we want to do more to bring equality to the genders, we need to take a good look at our current view on Masculinity and figure out why some men can come to act the way they do.

I don't think @SweetKissHardBite really understands what oppression is, but it's really not worth to keep fighting over the same shit. Too much on my weary heart lol.

@Misterking

Oh sure, but generalisations to entire groups of people is always damaging at worst, troublesome at best.

Yeah, well my understanding is that Ism's can only really exist on an institutional, social level. If I said I hated children, alot, and had other people who hated children, that wouldn't invent 'Mischildry' or whatever. This is about oppression. Racism isn't hatred, homophobia isn't hatred, these are oppressive social and institutional structures.

To hate a man isn't enough for an oppressive structure in society to exist. It just isn't. At worst, it just very, very mean. It may end in hurt feelings, in extremist views (like the ones @SweetKissHardBite's source provided) and maybe violence. Of course, that said, misandry could BECOME a thing. It could become a national or international structure. But it'd have to have an extremely high sway socially, vocationally, economically, something. It would have to change our entire infrastructure by some degree before it could be seen as actual oppression in action.

And you'd be surprised how many women identify as anti-feminists for a myriad of reasons, and in totally does undermine the movement. But that could either be internalisation or a position of privilege- a trans person who has never experienced transphobia would believe it doesn't exist. People are really complex, interesting things like that I guess.

SweetKissHardBite certainly is biting, I can't knock her passion for the subject. But she isn't understanding what I'm saying and the bigger picture of what I'm saying, basic definitions of oppression. But that's ok, I'm not a guru, and I'm not 'right' by default in any way. It's a messy road I guess

Well, you seem to be playing at making up your own definition for words now...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/misogyny

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/misandry

Both seem pretty straight forward, maybe you should, you know, make it clear you mean, Systemic Misogyny (Or whatever Feminist are calling it now) Vs Systemic Misandry

Which I would argue neither exist, since neither Females nor Males are a Minorty in population to eachother (Again, after accounting for Males more dead prone existence, females are probably a mayority, even if maybe not an overwhelming one) and couldn't actually exclude eachother, like one could, lets say, Black People

Women have been limited in freedoms (As have men), but also granted special, unique protections (While men got special oportunities, not privileges, since they still had to earn their success against other men), while no opress people have ever granted protections over their opressors, hitting a woman has always being a villanous thing to do, hitting a black man? I would argue that now, hitting a man regardeless of motive, seems to be seeing as 'Brave' or 'Rightgeous' if you are a girl

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy5vRGtKPY0[/video]

Anyways, sorry if I came off a bit hard on this, but it kind of gets under my skin when people try to tell me I'm a victim of everything and everyone all the while demozing men that have and will give up their work, time and even lives to keep us safe

I suspected you were bringing some personal baggage to the conversation because no one has directly victimised you or called you a victim, so I can only assume someone in your life sometime in the past has. And I'm sure many people of prideful character for example won't appreciate or tolerate that.

Sorry I thought we were talking about an entire social phenomenon that affects great numbers of people, not individual cases of hurt feelings or violence. Why would we be talking about it on suh a singular bloody level????? I'm talking about feminism, international women's and men's rights, society, our national infrastructures, microaggressions and socially acceptable behaviour that is biolent, the precursor to violence, an incubator for inequality, and indeed, victims. Just like having a fear or distrust of people with beards isn't classified in any shape or form as oppression to people with beards. You may not BE a victim personally, but billions of women across the globe have at some point been the subject of rape, objectification, genital mutilation, infanticide.

Equality isn't about 1 or 2 people's feelings on a subject, especially when they have not been subject to the direct, contextual experience others have. Middle class people and up have no fucking concept of the trials and tribulations of the working class, those on the breadline and those living in abject first world poverty. And their opinions would just be harmless but unfortunately the opinions of the privileged have far greater political, economical and even social away than the rest. Even though the highest earning are in the minority in numbers, they have a great deal of control, influence and financial security in the economy of a country. But I barely know about the intricacies of the economy so I digress.

Just because there MORE in quantity of a thing, doesn't mean the quantifiable majority is in control? IS safe or whatever. Look at how we build our societies. With enough psychological influence, military strength, propaganda (yes oo ah that taboo word), internalised instability/breaking up of the masses, a very small number of people can control literally millions. This can be done with direct, open oppressive violence, like dictatorships, hostage situations and invasion. Or it can be done psychologically, inward and insidiously oppressive like the entire reign of Hitlerism and the NDSAP had over a nation of civilians and soldiers, and to neighbouring Europe.

Real Feminism: Right to vote, speak with men present, have your own room, clothes, and whatever else you feel you want. You can bitch and moan, and complain about anything. You don't have to have a male escort or have four male witnesses account that you were raped. You aren't property. Marital rape is real. You can marry whoever you want. You don't carry a dowry with you to see if you can gain better social status. You can be a stripper, a doctor, a stay-at-home mom, or a career woman. You do not have to have children or be married. You can use the internet. You can actually speak your opinion. You do not have to be a virgin to get married. You should feel empowered by your sexuality instead of trapped by it.

Rape happens among all sexes. There is no excuse for rape.

Faux Feminism: Men suck. All men are rapists. All men want to oppress women. All women are victims. Men can't control themselves and should be punished. Men can't be responsible for children. WOMEN OVERLORDS!

Social Problems: Strippers and sex workers aren't people cause, ew, they get naked. Men 'can't' be raped because men. If female teachers have sex with male students, she's a slut and he's the man! Instead of her being a pedophile and he being a child. Women's life choices are constantly questioned, ie, why don't you want kids? Why aren't you married? Etc, etc. Men are also questioned, ie, if you don't like sports, you must be too womanly to enjoy them, or if you like makeup, you MUST be gay. Fuck loads of phobias that are glossed over terms for hate. Rapists have custody rights. Men don't always have custody rights. Not all states have paternity rights. Not all women or men get maternity/paternity leave.

The list is MASSIVE.

However, real feminism is about equality amongst the sexes. That means bringing to light things people don't to talk about, ie male rape/abuse by other men and women, the huge punishment gap between male and female pedophiles, and how rapists can get away with most crimes because of the excuses courts use, and the victim(s) sexual history that has nothing to do with their current situation.

Feminism isn't perfect, and I abhor and detest the 'feminists' who only want to punish men, because they aren't real feminists. They are femi-terrorists. And I hate more that they get more exposure because of their extremist views.

Note: Women are considered weaker and therefor should not be subjected to violence.

My view: No one should be subjected to violence, especially from your spouse or significant other.

"You're a coward if you shy away from the world only to take your anger and frustrations and insecurities out on the one who loves you most." Paraphrasing a quote here from some dude who's name I can't remember.

Point is, to all men and ladies, if you plan on hitting someone, they have every right to hit you back, regardless of gender. That's equality right there.

Kind of on topic/off topic: Fuck abortion bills. Old white dudes have no right, in my opinion, to decide what to do with my uterus. Roe v. Wade for life.

And I'm done.

*slow claps for Hahvy*
tl;dr the thread right this second, just passing on through. I read through the post and just wanted to voice my agreement.

Tierhund said:
I don't think @SweetKissHardBite really understands what oppression is, but it's really not worth to keep fighting over the same shit. Too much on my weary heart lol.

Tierhund said:
And you'd be surprised how many women identify as anti-feminists for a myriad of reasons, and in totally does undermine the movement. But that could either be internalisation or a position of privilege- a trans person who has never experienced transphobia would believe it doesn't exist. People are really complex, interesting things like that I guess.

Tierhund said:
Again I don't want to be patronising, but I think researching Internalised Misogyny might be an interesting read, even if you just want to mock its legitimacy.

Tierhund said:
I genuinely am always really kinda ?????? thrown when someone is so passionately against feminism, like, to this degree? Like whoa. I'm talking about the systematic, global violence against anyone with a vagina and everyone is up in arms about it? I'm not even a woman and this is kinda messing with my head.

Ok, those are JUST the last few ones actually...

I know, I know, its just EVERYONE WITH A VAGINA, not me, since I'm just a woman :D

Anyways, it was just an off coment, since you seem to need the these fictious world were all women need to be rescued by the just very few men

The One Good Man http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/the-one-good-man/

Might be a good read, for 'your baggage' :rolleyes:

But back on the topic thought

I gotta admit I do agree with Havoc mostly, though I would call one 'Real Feminist', or the other 'Faux Feminist', since lots of Man Hating sentiment and Female Victim Fetish seems to be part of general Feminism at least now, thought if you ever read The Declaration of Sentiments or the SCUM Manifesto you might know it has of kinda always been there

There will always be a small amount of being unsatisfied with men. Most laws today were written by them. Remember, women couldn't vote until 1920.

Also, female genital mutilation is still a thing.

Not trying to embarrass you or anything, but, so couldn't 40% of the men till, probably 2 years before the last of the women (by 1918 actually any woman over 30 who met the minimun requirements could also vote), still, men are required to register for DRAFT to vote, but are we the women? Nope, nada, nilch...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representation_of_the_People_Act_1918

I might agree women might not make as good soldiers as men (Its biology, I know I can't kick as much ass as most guys my age, hell probably a guy 5 years younger could give me a run for my money), but at least make a different requirement

So I really don't think that was SUCH a big step for gender equality

Also, I don't think you have much to do with law making yourself (Neither are most men), but I don't see you hatin' on all goverment officials

And Female Genital Mutilation is pretty much practiced only by the most radical and backwater of places, and it got made ilegal everywhere else pretty much the second we heard about it...

...what about Male Genital Mutilation? That's pretty much mainstream all over USA

You can't embarrass me, that would mean I'm afraid of my information being incorrect. Which I'm not.

Oh, Wikipedia. Not exactly a trusted source.

http://www.kqed.org/assets/pdf/education/digitalmedia/us-voting-rights-timeline.pdf A cut and dry timeline of voting.

This isn't about government officials, but if you want to bring that into it:

The U.S. ranks #69 among countries with the highest percentage of women in government. Countries that have a higher percentage of women include countries such as Tajikistan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Uganda.

From here!

I'm pretty sure cutting off a girl's clitoris or sewing up her vagina hurts 1000x more than removing a thin layer of skin.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwJRFClybmk[/video]

Some of her info needs to be updated, but this basically covers all of it.

I'm also pretty positive that the 5% of 'feminists' who think all women are victims, are also cray-cray.

Enjoy.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX3w4leth9I[/video]

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJTDQPC_OAQ[/video]

Here are some Feminists as well.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkjW9PZBRfk[/video]

And if you can't agree with Emma Watson, you're a sad person.

Just saying it didn't happen its not exactly an argument, just look Representation of the People Act 1918 and you'll probably find a website you consider 'trustworthy' with pretty much the same information

In any case, a random Link does't seem terribly trustworthy to me...

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:
This isn't about government officials, but if you want to bring that into it:

The U.S. ranks #69 among countries with the highest percentage of women in government. Countries that have a higher percentage of women include countries such as Tajikistan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Uganda.

You point been?
I anything, this just proves my point that more vaginas in governent =/= better goverment for women, which seems to be one of the main things Feminist have been screaming since they started

Also, I'd recomend you look up Male Genital Mutilation, probably you just don't know how it goes about (Not saying it will be as bad as Female Circunsicion, which would depend of the tribe and country, some aren't much worse, some are, horrible, just horrible, but one happens away from our control, the other doesn't and somehow we all fine and dandy with it, because it happens to boys)

As for the woman on that video...

You shouldn't use sex to sell product! It should be used by me to sell feminism!

Yeah, I don't see the hypocricy there at all

In anycase, this guy did it much more throughly, don't agree 100% on this but...

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxIhOZ1Fa0I[/video]

You really are a sad person. I just knew it!

My point being is that more women should be in government, to, ya know, represent more women. Are you against that? You seem to be against a lot of things that have to do with women.

"A random link" isn't trust worthy but Wikipedia is? Even though it says when it was last updated by a random user who can put in any information they want? SAY IT ISN'T SO!

It's spelled Circumcision. And it's the removal of the foreskin ie, the thin layer of skin I mentioned previously, which you sort of skipped. I don't agree or disagree with it since one is for sanitation purposes and the other is also removing skin from an infant's penis which I'm not okay with. And I'm pretty positive most guys I know don't feel violated, but those are guys I know, and my personal experience doesn't encompass all of mankind without foreskin and I wouldn't use it to push a point.

I posted other videos, too! Enjoy.

And I'm sorry, but Emma seem to miss a lot of important points, then again, I find it kind of ironic how a rich white female telling the world how dissadvantagee she is :rolleyes:

Men, stop treating us equally, start protecting us again! :mad:
Ladies and gentlemen, Emma Watson's speech in short

A longer answer here...

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itp0WOGTLx8[/video]

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:
You really are a sad person. I just knew it!

My point being is that more women should be in government, to, ya know, represent more women. Are you against that? You seem to be against a lot of things that have to do with women.

I don't think just more vaginas in the goverment would necesarilly help me, not really, regardless of what you may believe, we don't all think alike, its kind of weird like that, as we are actual people, you know

Feminism =/= women, and even if it was, women as people can be mistaken and therefore can be criticised as anyone

But since Bill Maher said it better, so here it goes

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x64cy3Bcr98[/video]

National Coalition of Men on her fridge.

I laughed.

There are many inequalities for both sexes, and I never said there weren't, so those videos are just stark in their hilarity.

Emma missed the point because she's a white female? My, my. So having an ally in men is weak and makes you need to be protected? That sounds an awful lot like projecting.

Since we don't all think alike, wouldn't you want more women with different views in political positions? No? You want the amassed few who could have worse thinking than say, a tyrant?

Oh, Bill Maher. He's only capable about 45% of the time.

I didn't expect to change your mind, but it is interesting that the more we talk, the less we agree when you seemed all for most of what I said until I started to oppose what you said. Just something I found curious.

Enjoy your night.

Just like a Feminist, say a woman has every right to do what she wants, until she wants to be in the kitchen LOL

Since we are agreeing however, on the whole inequalities between sexes thing, it might be a good time to start focusing on other issues besides 'women feelz' :blush:

On Emma, actually, I think being Rich, White and Female makes her the perfect mouth piece for Feminism, you know, it being mainly 1st World Problems by now and all

Again, there is no need to have WOMENZ run everthing, as long as we have representatives of different views (Including *GASP* maybe even MRAs, be them women or men, we are actualy for equality, real equality), I think we will be alright, a vagina =/= qualifications, despite what Feminism may want you to believe :blush:

You seem to be an expert at deflecting, like most of your ilk, so, to sum up, main point to close up:

Being Anti-Feminism =/= Anti-woman
Criticizing either Feminism or Women =/= Anti-woman

If anything, its finally starting to treat them equaly, oh the irony

PD: Does anyone else finds it perfectly fitting I'm argueing Cobra Commander with To Punish and Enslave in his signature?
Talk about fitting metaphors for Feminism ;)

I'm pretty positive I've addressed at least 90% of your posts, yet you seem to gloss over and find only 30% of my posts worth responding to, yet I'm deflecting? Interesting notion.

Talk about not getting references, but this isn't about what my "image" depicts, right? This is a discussion or should I say something like, "Put those tits away!" Sounds rather silly given the context of the site and your assumption of my gender/sex based off of...what? Another interesting notion.

MRA groups seem so keen on saying how oppressed they are and that statistics about women are all made up to keep the man down. Sound familiar? I think it was called...victim mentality? Where a small group of people thinks that one whole sex is trying to keep them down and out? From what you said, you must be an MRA activist. Good for you. I'm pretty positive the actual definition of feminism is equality for all sexes and genders, but hey, no one wants to see that in here.

I'm pretty positive being treated equally doesn't mean being treated like a man, ie, told to suck it up, be emotionless, and be agresssive or else you are somehow less of a man? I do believe equality is treating all sides with respect as persons and realizing that, hey, no one is perfect, men cry and can be vulnerable, and women can be aggressive and barely show emotion.

I don't think women should run everything, however, having representation in an equal amount from both sides would be more ideal.

I'm also positive I said being a stay-at-home mum/housewife was a nifty little thing women could do if they wanted. OH RIGHT. I said that in my first post!

Wait, women's rights aren't first world problems? I'm pretty positive you said the mutilation of female genitalia only happened in backwater places so it doesn't really matter!

SweetKissHardBite said:
And Female Genital Mutilation is pretty much practiced only by the most radical and backwater of places, and it got made ilegal everywhere else pretty much the second we heard about it...

OH! Right there. There it is.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/

So more than 125 MILLION girls aren't worth mentioning because they are in 'backwater' places? I'm pretty sure everyone knows about Africa and the Middle East.

Maybe it's just your attitude, but you sound like a friendzoned dude more and more. But hey, that's none of my business.

200_s.gif

Also, your point gets across better when you spell and use grammar correctly.

Tootles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom