Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Foxglove Valley

RE: The Foxglove Valley [Isabelle x CitizenAnon]

Jason had curiously watched her cut the tart, wondering all along if she were actually going to try and eat such a large bite. When she offered it to him, he took a moment to consider his own eating habits. Were his bites quite so large? He set his sandwich down and took a drink of his lemonade to cleanse his pallet and nodded, "Alright." Jason did as the cute girl instructed and leaned forward, waiting on the bite.

Outside the cafe, all was not well. Someone was watching. Someone did not appreciate what she was seeing one bit. The brown haired girl frowned at the overly friendly displays being put on by the 'couple' in the window seat. Anne was furious... okay, not furious, but upset that her space in Jason's life was being moved in on. That used to be them that ate together and she had even fed him like that too!

Ellie couldn't help but giggle as he agreed. With her hand still floating beneath the forkful of pie, Ellie moved the piece up to his mouth. Gently, she pushed the fork into his mouth, holding it there while she waited for him to bite down. He was rather cute, going along with her ploy. It made her feel fuzzy on the inside. She smiled, "Is it good?"

Jason slowly chewed on the bite of tart. It was good. Sweet, but not overly so and something he would have to order more of in the future when they came back here. After he swallowed, he smiled at her. "It was good. Very good. Actually, I think I'll order some the next time I'm here.

"I'd cut you off a bite of mine, but I don't think I'll be able to dip it in the sauce if I do." Jason said and looked at the uneaten half of his sandwich. He took the sandwich, normal when compared to his massive hands, and dipped the corner of it in the au jus. He let the sauce drip before offering the meaty, juicy, saucy sandwich to Ellie.

The afternoon passed and soon the too cute couple were walking along the main street towards the general store where Ellie could browse their fabric and sewing materials. The people outside were all friendly, calling out words of greeting, but ultimately they were involved in their own lives, doing their own business and let them be as they walked. The pair stopped outside the general store and Jason held the door for Ellie. "Alright, here we are. Let's see if you can't find something you like."

Ellie smiled, happy he enjoyed the bite of tart. The café had really delicious food! But, it was a treat to have. She would hope to come here soon, especially with Jason. She had been a little shy to come out at first, thinking that the villagers might probe her with questions, but everyone was happily busy milling about with their own work. It was pleasant! With Jason talking about staying, either in town or the farm, the thought became a bit more cemented in her mind that she wouldn't mind settling down here.

She looked to Jason, thinking of his offer. Would she want to stay with him on the farm?

Then his new offer came up, and nearly brushed her on the mouth! A sandwich! Ellie looked to it; it was nearly as big as her face! Blushing softly, she smiled, "Looks good!" With one hand steading the sandwich, and lightly resting on his, the other tucked her hair behind her ear. She leaned in, opening her mouth as wide as she could, before she chomped down into the sandwich. She looked up to him, with her mouth full of deliciousness! She sat back up and chewed, groaning happily in a humorous manner.

So, she was silly too.

Ellie returned the greetings with a simple wave, unsure of how else to react. She was enjoying Jason's tour of the town. it was very pretty! She had even seen an old building that she could easily turn into a shop if she so choose to. It made her excited to stay! But would she want to stay on the farm though?

Ellie smiled, and made a quiet, "thank you," to Jason before walking around him. The shop had pretty pink walls, and perfectly polished brown shelves, with ornate handles, as the drawers underneath were used for storage. She greeted the clerk before quickly found herself in front of fabric rolls mounted on a wall. Her little hand began feeling the fabric, unsure of which to select. "Hm," she pondered to herself. Which to choose! She left Jason to mill about the store, in search of whatever he thought he needed. And then, she saw it. Folded, to the side, white fabric of silky as a flower's petal. It was perfect! Unfolding it, she was pleasantly surprised by the amount before folding it again. Hanging it over her arm, she began to look at the ribbons now, and selected a yellow roll; no more than an inch thick. She found Jason, her arms full of supplies pertaining to her sewing experiment.
"Did you find anything Jason?"

Jason had wandered around the store looking at the various things they offered. He did not shop here often, choosing usually to go directly to the other farmers for materials if he needed them. He was starting to see that he should have come here occasionally though. They had a few flower seeds and Jason picked up a selection of them to plant around the farm. Ellie would enjoy it and if he were lucky, they would attract more bees that would help polinate the other plants on the farm.

He continued to look while Ellie browsed through the fabrics. There was not a lot more that caught his interest, but he was able to keep himself busy while Ellie shopped. When the young woman approached him, he looked over the different materials she had collected for her project tonight. Jason reached out and fingered the material softly and nodded at how smooth it felt.

"I did. I picked up a few more seeds for the season." James explained, "That's some nice fabric you picked up there. I'm sure you'll be quite prepared for it tomorrow."

Camille sat behind the counter, making kissy faces at herself in the mirror while her customers milled about the store. She was a rather sweet, but vain girl. Naturally with her father being the owner of the general store, she and her mother were often given little gifts that the fairer sex tended to enjoy more; make up, clothing, and fancy jewellery. Age 19, Camille was still waiting to find her one true love! Someone to hold her, and love her through and through! The question of wether or not Jason made a suitable companion had crossed her mind several times. He was certainly attractive enough, but the need for help around the farm, and the almost penny-pinching lifestyle made him take some negative hits on his score, still, she loved to flirt with him. Occasionally her eyes would float down to his rear, or the bulge in his pants. She smirked, running a hand through her strawberry blonde hair, pushing it off of her face. It held natural waves to it. Once he looked in her direction, she sent him a wink.

She certainly was a looker.

"That's good! If we hurry home, then we can get them into the ground before dark!" Ellie giggled excitedly, "Isn't it? I just found it in the corner..."

"Its left over from a wedding dress." Chimed in Camille from behind the counter. She leaned on it now, causing her already plump-from-her-bustier bust to look that much more full and large, "Its half off, but I don't think there is enough there for a full gown. Still, you should be able to make something out of it."

Ellie nodded enthusiastically, walking over to the girl and setting her things down. "I don't need much... Just enough of it. Any left overs can be used for handkerchiefs or something.

"Either way, I'm excited to see what you make of it. Fashion does get a bit dull around her," Camille made a gesture before pulling out her abacus. She began to do the calculations. Stopping, she looked to Jason, "Are you also including what you have there Jason?"

"Go ahead and add it all together, Camille." Jason set his purchases down next to Ellie's "I'm going to cover it all today."

Jason leaned against the counter as he waited for Camille to total everything up. She was a sweet girl and he had thought about her on more than one of those long, lonely nights, but had never moved on it. Still, it was nice to have options if he decided to ever pursue it.

"How're your parents, Camille? Everyone doin' okay?" He asked. The old man had been quite nice to him when he was starting out and Jason respected him for it. He had not had a huge amount of money, but due to the giving nature of the townsfolk, he was able to get by well enough at the start.

"But of course," smiled Camille, her fingers working skillfully. She totalled it all, and those very same soft hands neatly placed the items in a cloth bag for her customers. "Please reuse this when you shop here next, or feel free to return it so another patron may make use of it," She was a very elegant girl for the small village. She smelled sweetly of citrus and summer flowers. As she held out the bag, Jason asked about her family. Again, that charming smile of hers flashed up on her pretty face, "My parents are quite fine, Mr. Allen, however, I think your friend may be pressed for time to make her outfit. Perhaps we could meet on tuesday for a glass of lemonade? I have the afternoons off then."

Ellie took the bag with her two smaller hands, "I-I am so sorry if I am a burden,"

Camille shook her head gently, "No! Not at all! I just think Mr. Allen deserves a proper conversations, and I wouldn't want other customers to feel awkward if he and I were talking when they enter."

"Ah! That is very thoughtful of you, miss," Her right hand let go of the bag and extended itself towards Camille, "My name is Ellie! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance!" She smiled full heartedly. When she had let go of the bag, her weight shifted as it tried to hold it up. She wasn't a very strong girl...

Camille returned her smile and the handshake with a sweet giggle, "How charming! It is lovely to meet you as well Ellie. My name is Camille! I hope to see you tomorrow at the Flower Festival, alright?"

Ellie nodded, before taking the bag with both hands. With parting words, the two left, home bound.

Ellie had shut herself away in the house after she helped Jason with the flower seeds. All throughout the afternoon she worked, right through dusk, and even until the late hours of night. He could hear her tinkering even as he lay in bed trying to sleep. The next morning, he found find her curled up on the couch. The little Ellie was a little too tired for her usual early morning wake up, but rose out of her slumber around eight in the morning. She helped with what farm chores had to be done, made a delectable lunch, before rushing off to ready herself for the BIG day!

As she showered, there was a knocking on the front door. When Jason opened it, he was greeted by the one and only mayor! He grinned, opening his arms wide, his voice booming, "Well now! Here is our Great Harvest King! Hurry up, we have to get you ready for the festival! Your goddess... awaits~" With that the big burly man took him by the wrist and pulled him away. He waved good by to the cattle and other live stock in the pasture, laughing to himself, "You really are the harvest king... your farm looks great, Jason!"

Jason was undressed, scrubbed down, shaved, towelled off, and dressed in under an hour. A gold circlet placed on his head, it was intertwined with baby-ivy leafs, and other spring flowers suitable for a king. A gold armband placed around his bulging bicep. His feet were fitted with roman leather sandals. His body rubbed down with a glistening oil, catching in the sunlight and causing every rippling muscle to become that much more predominate. They dressed him in a shimmery white toga; it was like a skirt around his groin, and came up over on shoulder. Again, it had gold accents. He was complete with gold gauntlets. Jason truly looked like a god.

The townsfolk began to fill the town square which had been elaborately decorated with hundreds of potted flowers; each to be displayed around the town after the ceremony. However the square already had flowering cherry blossom trees. The pink plumage truly set a romantic tone to the festival. Even the wisteria came to into bloom, hanging down a tunnel to his thrown. And there he sat, watching the townsfolk chatter and laugh amongst each other, all of the participants sipping on honey wine. But as the crowd grew, it soon dawned on him that it may become more difficult to spot Ellie.

Did she even know how to get there? Maybe she needed someone to remind her what time it was? What if she was lost? Chased down by hooligans? Robbed? Kidnapped? KILLED BY A HUNGRY PACK OF WOLVES?!?! Perhaps it was the wine talking...?

There was a sudden lull in crowd, even the music came to a stop, as she approached the square. Heads turned to see what causing so much silence. It was Ellie, but to most of the townsfolk who did not know her, she appeared to be the Harvest Goddess herself. Her feet unscathed even from walking barefoot from the farm (actually she just hid her shoes behind a tree). Her gold bangles jingled as she walked. Each step was soft, and graceful, making it appear as the young unnamed woman was floating on air. But O! How her hips softly rolled, her simple dress flattering the curve of her body as if it were wet. She had dyed the bottom edges beautiful colours, one fading into the other become becoming white. The dress was light and airy, just light his very own, however it was a little taught around her breasts, apex of her hips, and around her rump. It also exposed her back were a simple gold chain dangled. The yellow ribbon brought in her waist line, make her figure more apparent. Like Jason, Ellie had golden arm bracelets, her wrists wore more golden bangles, and from her ears hung beautifully crafted gold earrings. Her blonde hair was loosely braided, with romantic bangs, and cute curls by her ear and base of her neck. Her hair had been intertwined with flowers, and tied with gold string. Her lips were pink, plump, and glossy. Her bright eyes were touched up with pinks and gold make up, causing them to appear larger, as her mascara laden lashes seemed to stretch out even more. A long piece of transparent cloth draped about her arms loosely trailed behind her, shimmering in the light.

A pink blush came to her face as she noticed everyone stopping and staring at her. She nervously gulped, but kept a serene expression. Play the part, no? She glided up to the wisteria tunnel, and began to walk along the petal covered path all the way up to the Harvest King himself. She stood in front of him. The gems in her jewelry and circlet gleaming in the light. Her heart was racing. Jason looked like a god. Her cheeks turned a pink colour~

. . .
[dun dun dun]
! ! !

Leading up to the festival, life seemed to take control of itself and Jason was content to go with the flow. It seemed as if he were moving in his sleep, as if someone else were controlling his actions. It started as they were finishing up at the clothier. When they exited the store, Jason offered to carry the bag since Ellie seemed to be a little off balance with it. It was rather heavy, but he managed just fine as they walked through the charming little town and back towards the farm. Jason found himself looking forward to meeting with Camille on Tuesday. It seemed that he had spent all of his time with Ellie and while she was a tremendous joy to be around, he did enjoy spending time with his friends in the town. Perhaps he could have the best of both worlds and bring Ellie around to meet all of his friends! That would certainly be fun and would in no way lead to hurt feelings or misunderstandings with anyone ever.

It was always a bit of a surprise to Jason to see how elaborate the shows and events that the town put on could get. Here was a village of less than one hundred people putting on a humongous festival to ensure a good harvest. It was maddening how involved it was, but as always, Jason went with the flow of the village and enjoyed the preparations and beauty of it all. It was not often that the town took part in such affairs, so maybe that was why the felt the need to be so elaborate in their work. Maybe it was the overly exuberant mayor that was the driving force behind the festivities.

The preparation for him as harvest king was only slightly invasive and not at all embarrassing. While he took pride in his appearance and kept himself clean, it was not enough for the village elders. The mayor dragged him along to Romana, the old lady of the village. Jason did not know how old she was, he had never asked, but she stood hunched over and walked with an umbrella with a bird's head as a handle. She appeared to have dressed in spring inspired festive clothes instead of her usual conservative garb.

Jason was not allowed to bathe himself, but it was made easier by the clinical approach that the elders, led by Romana, made of it. If they were shocked or impressed by his nude form, they said nothing of it as they continued to prepare him for the festival. Once he was clean to their liking, he was forced to sit as they took a straight razor to his stubble. Old hands were quick and steady as they smoothed his cheeks. A thin oil was the only lubricant they used, but there was no damage done. The oil rub down was a little unusual, but he made no big deal about it. He allowed his mind to wander and imagined another young woman in the place of the elder, another's hand's caressing his body and rubbing the oil into his skin like a lotion. Despite how much he enjoyed those thoughts, he banished the golden curls from his imagination before it drew a reaction.

When he was dressed and prepared, he examined himself in the mirror that was provided and could not believe the change. He had to admit... it looked wonderful and very festive. Jason was led out to the town center and enjoyed greeting the crowds and townsfolk. Like always, he enjoyed the attention that they showed him, especially the young women of the village. All of whom made it a point to come to him and talk or just be around him for a while. That was... all of them except for the Harvest Queen and Ellie herself.

Again, he allowed his mind to wander as he tried to figure out what had taken her so long. Jason was just beginning to think of all the terrible things when a hush spread over the crowd. Jason turned as they parted and he suddenly came face to face with the harvest goddess herself. At once, Jason remembered exactly where he had seen this beauty before.

***​

It was late at night. Surely after midnight and dew was beginning to hang heavily on the blades of grass. It was the first summer that Jason had experienced on the farm and it was not going well. The day before, Romana had pulled him aside and made the point of asking him if he had made an appropriate gift to the Harvest Goddess yet.

"Perhaps that is why your farm fails, no matter how much work you put into it, Jason." Romana had told him. "Now listen to Old Romana. Take a chicken egg to the small pond outside the village. The one that the waterfall flows into. When the moon is visible on its surface, toss the egg into its depths. Only then will you please the Harvest Goddess and you will gain her favor."

Jason, being the young, impressionable man he was, did as she had directed immediately. It was a clear night and surprisingly cool. There were no other villagers around as he exited the village and made his way to the pond. As the small body of water came into view, the world grew quiet and he could see the moon reflected on the soft waves of the pond.
"Okay... here goes." Jason muttered and tossed the egg into the water.
Splash!

Jason waited and looked around. Surely if there was some kind of blessing, he would get a sign? When after several minutes, nothing happened, Jason turned to leave.

"Going so soon?"

The voice was soft and musical. It permeated his entire being and he could not help but turn around to gaze upon the Harvest Goddess. She stood before him on the now completely still pond. She appeared pale as the moonlight. Curly green hair cascaded over her shoulders and down her back. Flowers were woven between the curls and he could not tell where plant ended and Goddess began. She was covered in a figure hugging light, white dress and wore golden bangles.

***​

"By the Goddess..." Jason muttered as Ellie moved to stand before him. Shock had spread across his face as he looked at the person before him.
An errant curl escaped had escaped and lay across her forehead. Without a though, Jason reached up and brushed the curl away. It was only then that he realized that he was not being once again blessed by the Harvest Goddess and it was Ellie that stood before him. He lightly cupped her cheek in his hand after brushing the hair away.

"Ellie..." He spoke softly. His voice just above a whisper as the whole situation became clear once more, "You are absolutely beautiful."

The crowd around them whispered a bit as news spread. Some of the villagers could recall seeing Ellie before and it quickly spread through the crowd about who she was and where she was staying since nobody could place her. Jason heard none of this. Later, he would not be able to say exactly what over came him. Perhaps it was the atmosphere of the festival that drove him forward. Maybe it was the Harvest Goddess. Likely it was the gradual build up of attraction and tension that he had been feeling since Ellie had hidden in his barn.

Jason stepped closer to Ellie and used his hand to draw her closer to him. He could smell the flowers in her hair. At the moment, it was an intoxicating scent and it only grew stronger as he dipped his head low. Their height difference was considerable, but he made it work. Jason pressed his lips against hers. They were soft and much smaller than his own.

Time seemed to stand still for him as his mind exploded in thought. Jason was aware of Ellie standing close enough that she could be described as pressed against him. His lips tingled slightly as he kissed her, is heart beat faster, and he knew immediately that he wanted more. The crowd, once loud and muttering was quiet again.

It had been an entire week since he had found her—cold, hungry, and scared. Although short, it felt so much longer to both parties. Ellie, who had been hard done by most men in her life, came to trust Jason and never questioned his judgment. But she was such a child, and had forgotten that her womanly physique drew more than just feelings of trust and friendship from men. Especially red blooded leader-of-the-group males, such as her beloved mister Allen.

Like any of their other sparse interactions, little Ellie's skin felt as smooth as satin against his leathery skin. She did not flinch as he brushed her bangs to the side, instead she looked up to him. A tender blush grew once he cupped her cheek. She closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth of his hand. She gave it a little nuzzle before opening her eyes to gaze up to him ever so becomingly from her long, long lashes.

It truly was a tender moment, and wether the villagers did or did not know of her simply could not distract from the fact that they seemed to be star-crossed lovers who had found each other again. How natural they were in the presence of each other, how humble they were to others who praised them, and courteous to all, on a day-to-day experience, not just for a festival. Perhaps they were once royalty in a past life? And they had ruled so harmoniously they were given a docile life when they were reincarnated.

Her lips parted, but whatever words she was about to say was quickly replaced by a gentle gasp. His hand was so firm on her waist! How it pulled her closer to him! Her lethe form was easily moved, so quickly that her plush body pressed to his. He could feel the softness of her breasts against him, her plump rear fitting his hand well. Her cheeks burned a little just by this swift embrace, but her world was quickly silenced by a hot kiss. His smooth, seductive lips pressed themselves against her own, it was titlating! Her arms came about and one draped itself around his neck, the other small hand held onto his bicep.

A million things ran through her mind: how shocked she was, how betrayed she felt, how embarrassed she was that this was in front of everyone, and how silly she felt for trusting him. She whimpered softly, her hand slipping from about his neck to his chest. She gently pushed against him, trying to move away. Once the kiss broke she huffed a little, "Oh Jason..." She stepped back slightly, her face so red. She furrowed her brow, having a hard time taking it all in. She felt so many things! Her eyes rimmed with tears. She whispered softly, "H-how could you? In front of all of these people to..."

"---AFTER A LONG WINTER, THE FAIR GODDESS AWOKE FROM HER SLUMBER, MELTING HER ICY BLANKET!" The Mayor's voice bellowed out, as he walked to the base of the stairs, holding a microphone, tears streaming down his face, "LOW, SHE FINDS HER FAITHFUL LOVER WAITING HER RETURN! HE EMBRACES HER WITH MUCH GUSTO TO PROVE HIS LOVE, CAUSING THE GODDESS' HEART TO ERUPT WITH HAPPINESS!!! AND THIS IS THE LEGEND OF THE SPRING FLOWERS!!"

A little flabbergasted at the least, Ellie forced a smile, speaking loud enough, "My sweet Harvest King!" Standing up on her tippy toes, Ellie returned Jason's kiss.

Ellie's words had been whispered, but they cut through him like a knife. Whatever illusion that he had been working under was shattered and reality crashed over him like a sheet of cold water. Her accusation and hurt look stopped him short. In that moment, Jason was reminded rather forcefully of how young she was, how inexperienced, and how much she had trusted him. Would she still?

The Mayor began his speech, but the words were hollow sounding and the entire meaning behind the festival left him. Even as Ellie leaned up to kiss him, he felt a bit empty inside and betrayed by his own actions and feelings. Jason was stiff and unresponsive as she kissed him. As she pulled away, he plastered his own smile on his face and turned to the crowd.

"Thank you for coming out and enjoying our flower festival, everybody!" Jason called out loudly so that his voice carried over the crowd. He did not need the microphone to be loud enough. "Remember, if you have a flower to give to your love, crush, or friend, today is the day to do it!" Jason lowered his voice, "I am sorry, Ellie. I forgot myself."

Jason released Ellie as the Mayor approached. He smiled at Jason, but they had already spoken. Instead, he moved to Ellie. "Madame, you are absolutely wonderful today! The spitting image of our own Harvest Goddess!" The Mayor began to lead her away from Jason, "Please allow me to introduce you to some visitors from another town. I must say! That kiss looked so real! You two are very good actors. I don't think I've ever seen Jason quite so happy and distracted."

Several of the young women of the town approached Jason with flowers. He accepted them all with as warm a smile as he could have considering his conflicted feelings. Jason was looking over his small collection of flowers when he felt a tug on his toga. Jason glanced around before his eyes settled on Kate. She was a small girl with pigtails that he often saw around the village. She usually ran around with Hugh.

"Hi, Kate." Jason said and dropped to a knee so that she could look at him straight on. "Are you having fun at the festival?"

Kate had her own small collection of flowers. From friends and family no doubt! Jason reached into his own small collection of flowers and placed one behind her left ear. The small girl blushed at the attention and shoved a small flower into his hand before turning tail and running back off into the crowd.

Several minutes had passed with Ellie having been introduced to the villagers from the nearby town. The Mayor kept her near him and tried to keep her talking with the visitors.

Marc had seen the kiss earlier and knew it was trouble. Marc knew the look on Jason's face and it did not look like things had gone well afterwards if the blank mask the young farmer had thrown up was any indication. Marc waded through the crowd towards Ellie.

"If you'll excuse me, Mr. Mayor, I have a flower for the young lady here." Marc said. He smiled at the group and placed a large hand softly on Ellie's elbow. "Sorry, you looked like you could use a rescuer there, Ellie." Marc presented Ellie with a small, white flower. "Here you are, beautiful. I'm sure you'll get quite a few of these today!" The happy black man chuckled a bit, "You doing okay here, Ellie? It's a pretty big crowd isn't it?"

Ellie was about to respond to Jason when the mayor quickly interfered. His boisterous voice would have normally shook her to her core, but it hit emptiness. Ellie simply smiled and nodded, taking the Mayor's outstretched hand. As he escorted her away, Ellie looked back to Jason with her doe eyes, only one thought on her mind; "Poor Jason..."

Ellie gave her sincerest of smiles as the Mayor introduced her to outsiders and townsfolk, but the conversations she held with any person was petty and shallow. She did, however, make a point to bring up that person's respective name before parting. At this moment though, she only wanted to have on conversation, and that was with Jason. She felt trapped, as she her hand rested on the forearm of the mayor, listening to the conversation.
"My, your costume is beautiful. Did you have it made?"
"Your hair is so silky! What is your secret?"
"How many flowers did you pick to braid in your hair?"
"You are a very pretty girl,"
"Are you sure you aren't the Harvest Goddess?"

All of that was put to a stop when the dashing Marc cut in. Ellie looked so relieved to see a friend! She smiled to the mayor and the guests, "It was a pleasure meeting you all, thank you for attending this year's Flower Festival. I hope to see each of you at the next one~" With a bow of her head, Ellie demurely curtsied before turning to her friend. She wanted to jump into his big arms and receive a hug, but... he wasn't quite closer to her as Jason was... had been... is. So instead, she tenderly took the flower from his hand as her smile grew wider, "What a pretty flower~!" She tucked it into her braid, keeping it in front of her shoulder now, "Thank you... I truly appreciate it!"

A pair of small hands took hold of his much larger one. The contrast in texture and colour was such a stimulus for the senses. She placed a small white and pink dahlia in his hand. She smiled a little more sincerely now, "And thank you for rescuing me..." She broke her gaze too look about the festival, "Yes, it is much larger than I had suspected! I ran out of flowers to give back..." She frowned softly, "Tell me, what else do you do at your festival, other than exchange flowers?"

Marc accepted the flower and threaded it through the button hole on his shirt a couple times so that it would stay put while they talked. He did not seem to have received many of them, but he had a few as decorations. It seemed small on his massive body, but it was a nice splash of color among his usual wardrobe.

"Thank you, Ellie!" Marc exclaimed and inspected the little flower while he thought of what else would go on at the party. "Well, the food and drink are usually pretty good." Marc turned and pointed to several long tables covered with food. "The bar has donated a good bit of wine and I'm pretty sure Jason donated a bit of his own special brew for some of to partake in.

Aside from that, there's the dancing. That should be starting soon actually. Since you took part in the kiss earlier, great save by the way, you'll be the one to dance with Jason." Marc shrugged, "Dancing they call it. According to that old woman over there who was taking care of Jason this morning, the Harvest Goddess and her lover didn't dance so much as fu- make love throughout the night." Marc was just able to censor himself. They were in public after all! "I suppose the Harvest King and Queen shouldn't break down and shag in front of everyone. Might give some of these people a heart attack.

Everyone here, especially Jason, are strong believers in the Harvest Goddess, you know. I've never seen her. Nor do I put much stock in the legends surrounding her existence, but the town folk believe in it. Most are born into it and do not question it. Jason though, I'm not really sure what happened. He was a non-believer, then suddenly turned and became one of the biggest supporters of the Goddess here in town."

A young lady was walking by with a tray of refreshments. Marc grabbed two and passed one to Ellie. It was fruit punch! Not spiked either! Marc sipped the beverage for a moment. While it was Spring and not yet summer, it was still plenty warm outside.

"See, when Jason came here, the farm was in terrible shape. Wasn't his fault either. Everyone could see that he was doing his best and knew how to do what he was doing. Plenty of research before he started out. Still, it was like someone had salted the earth around the farm. Nothing would grow until one day... it started out like you see it now. Things were fresh, record breaking, and utterly delicious." Marc shrugged, "Don't know what caused the change, but Jason reckons it was the Harvest Goddess. If you ask anyone else here, they'll probably agree with you."

The Mayor appeared in the crowd again with the microphone in his hand. "NOW, IT'S TIME TO START THE DANCE. WILL JASON AND... ELLIE, PLEASE COME TO THE CENTER OF THE SQUARE SO THAT WE MAY START?"

Marc smiled and nudged Ellie towards where the mayor was standing. "Go on then. Time to dance!"

Jason looked up from the drink table when he heard the Mayor's announcement. After his smallest admirer had hightailed it and ran away, he was called upon to set up the liquor from his farm. The drinks were set high and away from where any kids might get them and the bottles were clearly labeled adults only. While the villagers would enjoy it, Jason would not try any. Not today. When all was settled down, he made his way to the Mayor so that they could kick off the party.

Ellie was happy that Marc had accepted her flower. And it was reflected on her pretty face with a bright smile. "R-really?" Her smile being wiped off her face. It grew bright red. "I... I h... highly... oh my..." She trembled where she stood. Is that why Jason had kissed her? All he wanted to do was fulfill his role of the harvest king? Or did he... did he want to take her? Ellie couldn't help but whimper at the thought. It was scary, all of it. But--then again, maybe marrying Jason wasn't so bad after all? He was a good looking man... Even if he was older than her.

Marc had quickly caught her attention when he brought up other things about the festival—maybe it was because she had gone frightfully pale for a moment, and looked as if she might faint. Ellie grew curious about the 'adult only' section, watching the older townsfolk standing there drinking gosh knows what! She blushed a tad at her own immaturity, "Oh? Is there?" She realized that there were only two people in this town who knew her real age; Jason, and the Doctor. Perhaps she could try a drink?

Her plot to tasting the Goddess juice was quickly dashed away. Ellie's eyes softened as she heard Marc speak so fondly of Jason. How stupid it was of her to be upset with him. He truly was a good man. "Really?" She looked to Marc, "I didn't know that... Jason never mentioned it to me before... I wonder if it was a blessing of the goddess..." She smiled, "My grandparents believed in her aswell, and although I have never seen her physical form, I see her everyday. In the plants and flowers, rivers and rain, animals and clouds... She is all around us," Her smile was pearlescent. There sound of the mayor's voice brought her down to earth,

"Ah--!! I guess this is my que, no?"

Ellie swayed away from her friend, sipping at her punch before another girl came round with a tray collecting empty cups; which would be brought to a dish pit and be washed by any people who were ever caught getting up to no good. (This was the mayor's favourite penance. And probably why the festivals were so elaborate! Slaves I tell ya!) With such a grand entrance and ceremonial kiss, the attendees were well aware of both Ellie and Jason, thus moving to the side to allow them to get by with ease.

Her lashes slowly lifted up before fanning out as her gaze traveled from the ground up along the fallen petals to a set of sandal-clad feet to a pair of sculpted legs, rippling torso, broad chest, and finally to the handsome faced hero, Jason. She blushed, feeling a stirring inside of her. Oh how nervous she felt. Her eyes naturally tearing up just a touch, causing her eyes to sparkle. Her steps became a little quicker, her voice as sweet as the air that surrounded them, "Jason~ I--!!" She ran into his arms, draping her arms about him, she whimpered softly into his chest, only loud enough for him to hear, "I'm so sorry if I embarrassed you..."

Marc was unaware of Ellie's inner monologue and would have chuckled a bit if he had been. If the young man was surprised by Ellie's belief in the Harvest Goddess, he did not show it. The townsfolk were certainly believers and he knew that in other towns, other valleys there was a Harvest Goddess presence as well.

"Go on, Ellie." Marc nodded towards the mayor, "Go on. Knock 'em dead!"

Jason was waiting in the center of the square for Ellie. The festival had been passable so far. While he was a bit dispirited from earlier, the upbeat spirit of everyone else around was contagious and he was feeling better about it all. Jason was aware of the crowd parting around him and watched as Ellie approached. Again, he was reminded of his night with the Harvest Goddess. Her body swayed from side to side and her curves were mesmerizing to his eyes. As she drew closer, he reminded himself of her age and earlier reaction and looked into her eyes as she glanced up at his face. Jason opened his eyes to speak when she ran towards him. Automatically, Jason's arms circled her waist as she leaned into his chest. It was a study in contrasts. A young, soft body pressed against the larger, hard bodied man.

"Shhh, Ellie. It's fine." Jason lightly rubbed her back through the thin fabric of her dress. "I shouldn't have acted like I did in front of so many people. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you." Jason was sorry for any trouble he may have caused in front of the group, but not of the kiss itself.

"OKAY, EVERYONE. IT'S TIME FOR THE DANCING TO BEGIN!" The Mayor turned off his microphone and scurried away from the center of the square. The band began played a few notes as if they were warming up. Jason stepped back half a step as the band settled in. He placed his hands on her hips as the music started off slowly. Jason guided her in a slow circle as the music continued on in a soothing manner. It was as if the musicians were waking up from a long season of sleep.

"The Harvest Goddess awakes from her slumber." Jason had leaned forward a bit so that he could whisper into her ear. To everyone on the outside it looked like a small friendly embrace. The tempo of the music began to increase. "With barely concealed longing, the Harvest Goddess travels to her love and they embrace." As the tempo increased, their dance grew faster and more intricate. The couple moved quickly, dancing around each other. Jason led Ellie through the dance. Each new motion was preceded by a light touch at her hip or light pull at her arm. The music raced forward in a crescendo. Jason lifted Ellie by her waist high into the air and spun around as the crescendo reached its peak and tapered off into a slower, more sensual sound. Jason lowered Ellie back to her feet slowly and pulled her close to him so that she once again rested against his chest. "The lovers come together for the first time, each holding the other as they dance through the night..."

Jason was intimately familiar with the story of the Harvest Goddess and the Harvest King. He owned the book that it was written in and had heard it told many, many times before. It was a Christmas favorite in the town and it was often told around fireplaces to the younger generations. He enjoyed retelling it to Ellie now for what he thought might have been the first time. Even though he had danced this dance before, there was something about this time that made it better than the rest. It could have been the people here. Could have been the musicians. Could have been... but he was sure it had everything to do with the young woman in his arms.

During her exeunt, Ellie paused for a moment to look back to her friend. A small but confident smile popped up onto her face as she elegantly flashed him a peace sign. She sure was a sweet heart! Turning about, she headed off.

Quickly she found herself enveloped in Jason's arms as he hushed her apology. She felt lulled by his smooth voice. Her cheek pressed to his bare chest; he felt so warm. Slowly, her mind became clouded as he retold the story of the goddess. Her ever-so-willing body followed the light pressure he applied. The two swayed for a few steps before his hand migrated. He took a hold of Ellie's petite hand, his other keeping a firm grasp on her waist. She looked up to him with those innocent blue eyes. Automatically she slid her arm up so her free hand could rest on his shoulder.

Ellie stepped lively as music became more energetic. Her hip pushed to the side, causing the long fabric of her dress to become taunt against her rear. With the proceeding step it simply flowed behind her, as did her long celestial-like shawl. The petals from the floor were lifted on a gentle breeze sent out from their movements. Every twirl, chasse, dip, or turn made these petals just as beautifully as Jason and Ellie.

The crowd dissipated from Ellie's mind, as her vision focused solely on Jason. His voice lacquered to sound so suave and... dignified... Had she not been of virtue, Ellie would know that she was feeling twitterpated. But oh! How infatuated she was. She held such a serene expression, her lips giving way to a smile.

With such intensity comes questions made of spite; One woman muttered to another, a little more middle aged,
"Do you think they are old friends?"
"---More like old lovers," Grumbled a teenaged admirer of Jason, who stood with her arms folded over her chest.
"Surely this girl must be from his home town!" Exclaimed a near by man, poking his head between the group.
The older woman clapped her hands, her eyes sparkling with hope to save the face of these two, "Yes! They have to be dance partners! Look at how natural they are,"
"---Or they could be lovers," Teased another adolecent, this being the son of the older woman,
"Hush you!" She scrowled
Other conversations crept around the murmurs of the crowd.

There was a certain grace that Ellie had always held when working about the farm, but Jason never truly knew how bolevilent her movement was until now. Letting go of her waist, he took her hand and held it high above her head. Instinctively, Ellie took a hold of her dress and twirled on the spot, when they face, he suddenly pick her up! She blushed hard--she was not used to this at all! When he lowered her, Ellie slipped down a little closer to his body, carressing their two forms together until she stood on her feet.

The song changed, but they continued to dance for another two songs! No one dared interrupt them for obvious reasons. By the time the third song ended. Ellie's back was to him, and he held onto her two delicate hands. She looked to him and smiled sweetly, "Thank you Jason... this has truly been a magical night..." She blinked, fanning her long, dark lashes, "I hope to celebrate the rest of this town's festivals with you, just like this," Ellie leaned back into him, relishing in the warmth. She let a little sigh of content slip out.

Stepping away from him she smiled widely, "However, there is one thing I am quite curious about..." She looked over to the 'adult only' area, "What are they serving there?"

As the music of their third song faded to silence, Jason became aware of the crowd around them once again. Everybody was watching them and several were whispering. He could even see several very angry young women as well as several jealous young men. Well that was just too bad! They could be as angry or jealous as they wanted for now.

"The night's not over yet, Ellie." Jason gently reminded her, "There's still a bit more dancing and festivities to have, but you are very welcome. You've made it very special for me too, Ellie." Jason gave Ellie's small, soft hands which were completely dwarfed by his own calloused ones a gentle squeeze. He released them as she stepped away and immediately felt a loss. A loss of what he could not say, but a loss none-the-less. Jason followed Ellie's gaze as she questioned him about the drinks.

"Hmmm, it's probably better that I show you." Jason took Ellie's hand and led her towards the adults only drink table. The table was set out neatly. Wine and champagne had their places on the table with fragile glasses and flutes for everyone to drink. There were several bottles of iced beer bottles and a tap for those that wanted to drink from a mug. "We have beer, wine, champagne." Jason touched each of the different drinks on offer, but stopped at several green opaque bottles with corks on top. "This is a bit of my own drink." Jason did not hesitate as he explained the little bottles. "There's a still hidden in the back of the barn. Technically it's not legal, but nobody really cares around here." The town policeman was a regular buyer. Jason felt little worry as he explained his illegal drinks. Jason poured a shallow glass of wine for Ellie and a small drink of his own in another glass before moving on to the rest of the table.

"And... over here, we have a few snacks." Jason looked them over. All were snacks that complimented the drinks. Various cheeses, fruits, cheeses, and chocolate. There was even a little chocolate fountain in the middle of the table for the fruit. Jason looked over the fruit, some of which was grown by him, and smiled at the plump, ripe strawberries. He picked one up and used the fountain to cover half of it in molten chocolate. The velvety melted sweet flowed around the fruit as he rotated it to make sure that it was fully coated. Jason turned and held it out for Ellie to try the juicy, chocolate covered fruit was just millimeters away from her pouty lips.

Marc had a hand clamped around Anne's wrist and kept here well on the other side of the dance floor from Ellie and Jason. The smaller girl fought him a bit, but quickly realized that Marc would not let her go that easily.

"Not going to let you run over there and make a scene, Anne." Marc explained against the struggling brunette.

"Let me go, Marc!" The girl pulled and turned to look at the man holding her back. "I'm not going to just sit back and watch some hussy have her way with him." Marc bit back his chuckle well enough not to let the girl know just how absurd that sounded.

"No, listen to me, Anne. If you want his attention, you're going to have to go about it differently than fighting the girl he's obviously interested in." Marc hoped he could point her in the right direction. "Look, be smart about this. Getting into a fight here is not going to do anything but embarrass you."

Jason stood in the doorway of his house and looked out over the well kept fields, happy animals, and overall great condition of his farm. Everything was going so well. The grounds were fertile, animals produced more, and the farm had never looked better. Even the bees seemed to be happier with the large quantities of flowers that Ellie had planted. After the Spring festival, life had continued on. He felt closer to Ellie now after the party, but had not yet acted on anything just yet.

Today was the swimming competition and Jason had woke early to do his chores so that he could spend the day at the beach with the villagers. There was one person that he wished to see there though and she was currently moving around the kitchen preparing a breakfast for them. He glanced back and looked at Ellie. She had certainly helped the farm and he knew he had made the right decision when he took her in. So far, everything had gone over well.

Jason was already in his swimming shorts with only a t-shirt covering his torso. He turned and looked at Ellie while leaning against the door frame. “Excited to head to the beach today, Ellie?” He asked. “Are you going to compete today?”

Spring had been such a wonderful season. Mild sunny days, lots of sweet smelling flowers, and nearer to the end, sweeter tasting fruit! Ellie was in love with the fact that he had peach trees on his property. Everyday she made something with them. Her cooking never seemed to waver in quality or delicacy. This morning she had packed up a large box with a huuuuuge cast iron skillet, wine, spices, some veg, and rice to paella at the beach! She stood over the stove, carefully dropping eggs into the hot water, and spooning out perfectly poached goodness. She had decided to make eggs benedict to celebrate the first day of summer; as well as give him a little bit of extra energy to swim a bit faster. Ellie shook her head as he asked his question,
"No, I plan on fishing though!"
She gave him a smile, followed by a playful giggle,
"... I will cheer you on though, so swim hard, okay?" She held out the plate for him.

Sophie wore a pair of blue jean shorts which she had accidentally cut a little too short, and a loose pink shirt; keeping her swim outfit hidden.

"Oh, of course, but only if you promise to give me a kiss if I win." Jason winked and sat down at the table. "For that, I'll be sure to win." He looked down at the sauce covered eggs, ham, and English muffin. It looked absolutely wonderful. Everything was perfectly cooked and smelled delicious. "A perfect breakfast as always."

Jason looked at Ellie's outfit. He seldom saw her in shorts so short and could not help but admire her legs. Oh, he was going to win the swimming tournament alright... so long as he was not distracted by someone back on the beach.

"What are you going to cook at the beach? I noticed everything you packed up there." The basked had to weigh a ton, but she had managed to pack it full and move everything around as needed.

Once Jason had taken his seat again, Ellie felt someone watching her. She reached behind her and tugged her shorts down a bit, but it did very little. They cut off just an inch or so just below her rump, and tightly hugged her tight around her sex before fraying for another few centimetres. Her legs were still very pale, as was the rest of her body, despite how much she exposed her skin to the sun. It wasn't long before those legs walked towards him. She took up a seat beside him, a bit of a blush on her face from his remark. "W-well, I don't want to come home with a loser, so you better win!" She gave him a little smile before digging in.

Right. Things had changed a bit since the Flower Festival, and Ellie unofficially became the Harvest Goddess representative for the town while... while... Jason was the Harvest King. Everyone celebrated them as a couple at the festival, which was very strange. Even when they were seen in town together, people would ask them for blessings! Ellie still felt as if he were a friend, but even his teasing nature ebbed a bit at her heart. She simply shook her head, and reassured herself it was just in his nature.

She finished her bite before responding, "I plan to make paella, so I'm going to hunt down some crabs and fish. You can help if you like," She took another bite, "... once you won the festival."

"I know a good spot to dive for crabs." Jason agreed. It was just off the most popular section of the beach. A small area about twelve feet deep with lots of rocks and other natural places for crabs to hide. "I'm sure we'll find just what you need out there. You'll have to handle the fish though. I've never quite gotten the hang of fishing."

Jason ate his breakfast quickly, but cleanly. When he finished, he complimented Ellie before picking his dishes up and moving them to the sink. Normally, she did the dishes, but he was ready to get to the beach and it was nice to help her out. He made short work of his own dishes and started on what had been dirtied during her cooking. "You should enter the cooking festival in a few weeks. I bet you'd place. Maybe even win the whole competition." Jason called from the sink as he rinsed the iron skillet instead of scrubbing it.

The soft sound of her knew slippers scuffing against the ground as she walked teased his ears as she finished packing up for the beach; towels, sweet tea, and a sun umbrella. Then, nothing. Just the sound of the bubbles in the water popping as he washed the dishes. Suddenly, Ellie walked up behind Jason, to slip her arms about his waist and pressed herself against his back. Her cheek rested comfortably. Her hands held onto the sides of the sink, so technically it wasn’t an embrace. She closed her eyes, enjoying his smell for a moment, before dipping her hands into the water, to start washing dishes rather blindly,
“You’re too slow Jason! We’ll be late!!”

Jason stiffened slightly as he felt Ellie's soft body press against his own. He did not stop washing the dishes as her own hands began to work on the few that were left. When the last of the dishes had been put away, Jason turned in Ellie's arms and reached out to grab her forearms so that she could not move away just yet. "Don't worry about the beach, we'll get there with plenty of time to spare." Jason smiled. He moved her arms so they were actually wrapped around his torso now and he rested his own arms around her smaller body. "I've been meaning to tell you something, Ellie and now seems to be as good a time as any."

Jason licked his lips. He bit down on the bottom one as he considered his words. "You've done a lot for the farm." He smiled. "I've been lucky to have you here, you know. Thank you."

“Ah-!!” Gasped Ellie as he pulled her closer, her breasts now squashed up against his chest. He could make out the cleft of her cleavage through her thin shirt. She wasn’t wearing much, was she? Her cheeks shot pink as she looked up to him with those adoring blue eyes. Ellie’s ears burned as she listened into what he had to say. If she were pressed any more against him, he certainly would feel her heart beating faster than a cheeta could run!

Just. Friends.
She told herself in order to calm down.

It wasn’t very fair though! With how brutishly strong he was, and the way he bit his lip! Muh! She didn’t need to jump into the ocean to get wet. No sir-y-bob.

She smiled though,
“Thank you so much for taking me in, Jason. I owe you so much,”

Back
Top Bottom