Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Return of the Exalted (closed for me and Kaybee)

December 21st, 2012. Despite professional recalculations putting the Mayan calender's long-count ending earlier, this day marked the beginning of what some have said was the end of the world.

Stories vary as to what happened on that day, but an asteroid the size of Manhattan Island appeared suddenly in the skies over New York. Not long before impact, reports tell of a man on the street suddenly becoming engulfed in brilliant golden light, leaping high into the air and obliterating the asteroid with a single blow before disappearing entirely.

Over the following weeks, isolated townships and small rural communities around the world started to go silent, as did anyone travelling to them to investigate. Satellite footage showed nothing. Eventually; the truth reached the world at large through social media - photos and videos uploaded from smartphones showed strange and horrible beings attacking these smaller communities and tearing the people apart. The militarys of the world soon realised that, whatever these creatures were, they were keeping their distance from major population centres. Needless to say; the rush of people towards larger cities across the world was almost crippling as the cities tried to cope with the massive influx of refugees. Though the actual counts were well below what people estimated, suggesting the worst had happened to the rest. Military cordons sprang up to help seal the cities from these creatures but many took a considerable amount of firepower to bring down and many outposts were simply overwhelmed once they ran out of ammunition. Then; the Exalted appeared.

The first was in England, a young man leading a large number of refugees to a camp on the outskirts of London. He did not really know how he had gained such power, but reports said that he tore the monsters apart with almost no effort and with nothing but his bare hands (though footage recently surfaced on YouTube of him killing one monster by tearing the brick wall off a public toilet block and throwing it). He was not the only one and soon there were reports across the globe of people developing such incredible, almost godlike power.

This power came with memories of another time and world, as well as answers to what they were. The Exalted - people gifted with the power of the mightiest gods of the Celestial Bureaucracy. The Solars, who blazed with the light of the Unconquered Sun. The Lunars, who's ability to become animals reflected their many-faced goddess, Luna. And the Dragon-Blooded, empowered by the Primordial Gaia, their bloodlines were re-awakened where they wielded the elements against the monsters. The memories contained in their Exaltations quickly revealed much - that at one stage, reality consisted of a single flat world called Creation, but incursions from a realm known as Malfeas triggered an unprecedented change. Not only physically changing the world to the one we know, but creating several billion years of history that was no less real than the present or Creation.

The world is still reeling from this change - history and religion challenged in their entireties while the Exalted routinely break the laws of physics. For a time, it seemed the cities were safe - the larger populations somehow stopping the demons (as they'd been identified as) from manifesting in reality while handfuls of Exalted and large military defences held them at bay with long ranged munitions. Until the Battle of Chicago...

The truck we'd been carried on pulled to a sudden stop inside the gate and we were hurried off it before a team of soldiers clambered in to grab a sealed and armoured container that was about the size of a very narrow coffin. Whatever was inside must have been heavy as they struggled to get it out of the truck. I wasn't able to watch, though, as we were hurried into the checkpoint, the artillery guns already firing while the soldiers manning the .50 cal machine guns waited for the enemy to be in effective range.

It was a swarm of demons. Even without a proper vantage point, I knew that what was bearing down on Chicago's southern checkpoint was one of the larger demonic forces seen in recent weeks. Despite how much of the horde were being torn apart by artillery shells, the larger creatures were still coming. For a moment; I wished I was back home in Australia with my parents before remembering that my hometown of Toowoomba had been almost entirely turned into a military cordon - it being one of the few ways through the Great Dividing Range. I had been in the US on holiday when the invasion started and now had no way to leave the country. I had been on a bus to Chicago when we were attacked - I'd figured if I'd be stuck in the States during the invasion I might as well do it in the city from one of my favourite book series.

The bus got knocked off the road by some sort of cross between a rhino and an elephant but were saved by a military convoy that managed to drive it off and had room to transport us all. As I stepped into the checkpoint, I could see several other refugees clutching makeshift symbols to the Celestial Incarnae and praying to be saved. The religious implications of the Exalted might've been one of the most hotly-debated topics at the moment, but that didn't stop people praying for the Unconquered Sun to send an Exalt or two their way.

My attention was drawn away by a loud scream from the checkpoint's walls. A whip-thin creature with three arms and a quartet of black wings perched on one of the mounted machine guns, the severed head of the soldier manning it clutched in one hand. As another soldier tried to swing his gun around to bear on it, the demon flung the severed head with such force that I could hear the second soldier's neck snap from the impact.

The demon leapt down right into the midst of the soldiers carrying the sealed container, the thick steel buckling under the creature's weight before it hopped up, ripping the container's lid off in the process and using it to bludgeon the nearby soldiers to death. One brave man started firing his rifle at it, though even I could see the bullets simply bouncing off the creature's armoured hide. We had to do something to stop it; whatever reinforcements were on the way wouldn't arrive until it started tearing its way through the civilians. Then I saw it, the now-open container.

Inside was a curved sword, three feet long and that seemed to be made of a golden metal. I had heard about it - orichalcum, one of the newly-discovered magical materials. If any weapon here could kill that demon, it would be one infused with the might of the Unconquered Sun. I know now that there was no way for a mortal to lift that sword - orichalcum being many times heavier than any other known metal. And yet, as I grasped the sword's hilt, I felt something flow into me. Not from the sword, but from elsewhere. Deciding to worry about it later, I hefted the blade - which now felt as light as a feather - and charged at the creature.

It must have sensed danger because it took off to get away from me, flying back over the checkpoint wall. Without thinking, I leapt up after it - leaping five metres straight up onto the wall before leaping off there towards the creature. Despite it lacking a face, I got the impression it was panicking as it saw me reach it high in the air and swinging the sword through it, that one stroke separating the demon's torso from the rest of it and the two halves fell to the ground in a spray of black ichor. It was only then that I realised what I'd just done. I had hefted a blade of orichalcum, leapt many metres into the air without a hint of effort and neatly bisected a demon that had slaughtered several trained soldiers. Then I noticed the glow I was emitting and it hit me.

I, Erik Blakson, was one of the Solar Exalted.

The horde beyond the checkpoint must have seen the glow as well and, thinking I was a far greater threat, backed off. The next few days where something of a whirlwind as I was rapidly conscripted into the IESF - the International Exalted Strike Force. Apparently the name was still a work-in-progress. Like other Exalted; I was put up in a comfortable apartment that I would be sharing with the next person to Exalt in the city. I was a bit surprised by the accommodations until they explained that it was a way of placating any Exalted who thought they deserved the best and since there was no real way for mortals to stop such individuals and battles between two Exalts often caused a fair bit of property damage, a bit of pandering was considered the best option.

Alone in my new lodgings, I decided to take a proper look at myself, having heard rumours of some Exalts undergoing minor physical changes along with the Exaltation. Other than Lunars developing animal parts and Dragon-Blooded manifesting some of their elements, I mean.

Nothing major seemed to have changed - I was still about 5'8", still had long dark hair (though it no longer seemed to become tangled at the drop of a hat, which I was grateful for), green eyes, a decently-muscled physique from years of martial arts. I didn't notice the lack of sleep I'd had for the last few weeks and the bags under my eyes from it were gone. The headcold I'd felt developing before arriving in Chicago was gone along with the odd ache or pain I'd felt. None of that was a surprise - I'd heard that Exaltation fixes your body into its prime. What I was looking for were changes beyond that. I finally found one, but I don't see why Exaltation would make that particular part of my anatomy bigger. Still, no sense to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Putting that out of my mind for now, I got dressed again and took a closer look at the daiklave that had been the catalyst for my Exaltation. The hilt had felt strangely familiar when I'd picked it up to slay that demon and as I studied it closer, I remembered something about it - how the last person to bear my Exaltation had found it in an ancient tomb within a vast desert, protected by his own previous incarnation's honour guard who'd become the tomb's deathless guardians. I could recall other people with me there - two of whom I was particularly close to, but nothing more. I shook my head to get myself back in the present before sheathing the sword and setting it down next to the couch, though I couldn't help but wonder if my future roommate was going to bear the Exaltation of one of my past self's companions.

Sarah Rolands looks good for someone who has been through what she has. She sits in the center of a spotlight, an uncomfortable metal chair supporting her slender form. In the past 48 hours she has killed more than two dozen people and ascended to become a solar exalted but there are no injuries upon her body, no strain or fatigue from the lack of sleep she has received. A less restrained description might have gone so far as to say that she looked sexy with her long golden hair, and impressive curves. If that less restrained descriptor had seen her a week ago too they likely would have said if anything she seemed more appealing now than then.

"Tell me the story again..." The interviewer commands. Even with her enhanced senses Sarah cannot see through the shadows that hide his face but by now she no longer cares. The newly exalted woman has told this a dozen times by now and still they ask her to repeat it. "From the beginning please." The man adds and she sighs, opening her mouth to speak.

"When the world went to hell my life never really changed, at least, not at first. I lived in chicago on my parents money, seeing the refugees coming in, watching the demon assaults as they began to appear on the news, the steady reports of resurfacing solar exalted that began to flood youtube. Memories were unlocked but I never really became a part of the war, I lived my life as I always had, a steady routine of exercise and relaxation filling my days, I didn't go to club nearly so often as my favorite haunts began to shut down but I still managed once a week or so.

Father insisted I buy a gun. He had been insisting for years that I should have something to defend myself and I had always done less than he expected, going only as far as to carry a taser and never anything more. In hindsight he had a good point, I'm not ashamed to boast that I was very pretty and I'm sure that it was only luck that saved me from a few instances of unwanted attention from one or more men. I was clever and careful, watching my drinks to keep from being drugged, watching my back to keep from being mugged. When the demons began to appear in force though there was no avoiding it, Father would accept nothing less from me than certainty of my protection and he threatened to cut me off from funds if I didn't comply, a dire threat to the woman I was then. The weapon arrived a few days later along with a receipt for lessons at a local shooting range, a big gun, almost bigger than I would soon learn someone of my weight and strength would be able to handle.

After I hid the gun in my apartment and avoided the first lesson I learned to my disappointment that the man assigned to teach me was a friend of my father's, trapping me into the distasteful lessons. I learned though, for my betterment as I found out when I eventually did slip up. I had lived what many would think of as a charmed life and my hubris eventually caught up with me one night, a man from a local gang who wouldn't be turned away, who pressured me until I was backed up against a wall in the shadows, unable to be heard over the music, helpless and separated from the small comfort of those protections that my parents had insisted upon.

I almost wish I could have seen the look on my own face as what I fully expected to be a futile push hurled all two hundred pounds of my aggressor across the room, fetching up against a chair that cracked under the force of his body and slumping deathly still. I felt an intoxicating rush, the power of solar exaltation -though I didn't recognize it as that at the time- filling my body. The man's friends tried to encircle me as I walked forwards, dazed by the sensation of power. More than half the club was friends with that bastard and they all tried to jump me, surrounding me while some big shot or other came forward and tried to threaten me, lashing out when I didn't do more than give him a dreamlike smile in response. I remember the look on his face, the sensation as his bones snapped under my fingers. I reacted on pure instinct, not even knowing I had grabbed his arm before I had already broken it in a dozen places with the force of my grip, I felt a little out of control, detached from it all as he fell to the ground screaming and the rest of them tried to jump me."

A haunted look comes over Sarah's face at this point in the story. "Every single one of them was crippled or worse, by the time I came down from the high of power and saw what I had done the bar was a wreck and I was shining like a fucking miniature sun in the middle of it all without a scratch on me. I ran like hell, hid in my apartment for a day until a knock at the door interrupted my fears." The solar smiles, gesturing to the interviewer. "It was the police, I was scared and I didn't resist when they brought me to you and well... Here we are."

The interviewer who has remained silent throughout finally nods, revealing a stubbled chin for a brief moment. "I hope you understand that there is only one way you will avoid the justice system. A way we would much rather you chose than force us to find a means of containing you."

"The Strike force?" Another nod is the only answer to Sarah's question. "I can't plead self defense?" She asks jokingly only for the shadowed man to give a disapproving snort. "Right... Thirty-two dead, another twenty with life-threatening injuries, Insanity plea is pretty clearly out too." she thinks that the man might be surprised, she's not sure how she gets that impression, she just has it, her exaltation letting her read far more subtle visual cues than she had ever been able to before. "I'm not stupid, I just don't learn what I don't care to know." She smirks. "Well then... I accept."

"Are you certa-." The man begins to ask before Sarah cuts him off again. "I know, it's risky, and I have no doubt that your prisons couldn't hold me for more than a day or two anyways. Point is though, I'd rather have a shot at freedom when this is all over, I'm perfectly willing to serve for the chance to stay away from life in prison. Besides, I'm sure you can always use another exalted to keep the city safe right?" A long silence greets her words before the shadowed man steps into the light, a grey and distinguished looking military man. "Welcome to the IESF then Sarah..." He holds out a familiar silvery piece of metal to the new recruit. "I believe this is yours?"

The Solar Exalted accepts her pistol, fascinated by how light the weapon feels all of a sudden, how fragile the thick and blocky weapon seems in her grasp. She slides it into her pocket delicately as they walk down corridor after corridor to a series of suites, a door is opened seemingly at random and the man motions her inside. "These will be your quarters, tomorrow an official will be here to pick you up at 0900 to be outfitted, for now you should meet your fellow soldiers and relax, as a newcomer we will only call you out in the case of a major incursion."

Slowly Sarah turns about the doorfram and enters the room, the door falling closed behind her as she takes in the sight of a handsome young man lounging alone on a couch. For a moment there is a familiarity in his face, like a half remembered vision that vanishes as soon as she tries to focus upon it. Finally the new solar gives a warm smile. "Hello."

It was a few days after getting set up in the new apartment, most of which I'd spent getting settled in - sorting out the luggage that was recovered from the bus crash, organising replacements for what had been damaged and so on - or having some basic training sessions with some of the other Exalts staying in the building. Apparently the military had confiscated the entire apartment block and a few others in the city specifically for housing the Exalted. I'd just finished watching an old Blackadder special while fixing some of my Warmachine collection that had been damaged in the crash when a young woman about my age entered. She seemed strangely familiar and I wondered for a moment if she'd been one of my past self's companions. I decided to worry about that later before I stood up and went over to her.

"You must be the new girl," I said, "heard about your Exaltation - well, the rough version of events at least. Can't have been pleasant, but it certainly sounded like they deserved it." I realised I'd forgotten to introduce myself and held out a hand. "Sorry; Erik Blakson, Dawn Caste. Gonna be a while before I get used to that." As our hands parted, I felt a light tug on a couple of my fingers and realised super glue from the Warmachine models had stuck us together but apparently couldn't stand up to divine might. "Sorry about that - bit of a wargamer, as you can see," I gestured to the table as I scraped the dried glue from my hand, "a lot of them busted in a bus crash. I'd forgotten how much of a pain some of these were to put together. Can I get you anything? Tea, coffee, Coke? Or are you more of a Pepsi drinker?"

Sarah nodded her way through the young man's introduction, reaching out to accept the proffered handshake. "Sarah Rolands, I'm..." She paused a moment, only to find that the memory of the glimpse of her caste mark in the mirror was clear. Did the Exaltation give me photographic memory or something? "Zenith Caste." She finished. "Sorry ah-. Wait. You heard of my exaltation? I was told the official story didn't name or picture me and I was only just brought in... Well... Now!" Sarah gave her new roommate a sharp look before glancing down at the glue that was stuck to the back of her palm, scratching at it and sending it falling to the floor in little pale flakes. "So I see..." She remarked at the wargamer comment. "They look quite pretty..." She acknowledged with regards to the myriad models that were occupying the table, wrinkling her nose a little at the sharp smell of glue and paint as she approached it, her earlier query momentarily forgotten in the midst of introductions and explanations. "Tea?" She wondered idly, she only drank coffee when she was tired and she rarely drank soft drinks at all. "Tea would be lovely..." Sarah sighed. "But you still haven't answered my question. How did you hear?" It wasn't particularly important, but she was curious.

"Well it's been a day since you were picked up," I explained as I went over to the kitchen and started making her tea, "they apparently give us a short briefing if it looks like we'll be getting a roommate - must've sent me it not long after you told them what happened. It's in that folder there on the table if you want a look, the one under those cavalry models. Glue should've dried on them by now, I'll pack all that away once I've made your tea."

The briefing was just a single piece of paper, the odd spelling error making it clear that whoever typed it was in a hurry. "Not sure why they rushed to let me know, but oh well. I'll understand if you don't want to go into the details of what happened."

Sarah's hands were already reaching towards the dossier, carefully pushing the multitude of model soldiers aside. It was surprisingly sparse, nearly devoid of detail beyond referring to an incident, sexual harassment, and gang members. All in all, the report did a very good job of avoiding telling anyone that she had killed nearly three dozen people and injured two thirds as many again, a bitter thought that a slightly cleaned up version of the report might even find it's way to the press some day should she ever be inquired after flitted it's way through the new solar's mind and she felt tears threaten at the corners of her eyes. "Figures... Damn Federal coverup... Only this time I'm in the middle of it." She muttered.

Frustrated, Sarah put her hands to her temples, willing away they urge to cry that was threatening to overwhelm her. To her surprise it worked, the prickling sensation of tears receding slowly as she stared at the aged wooden surface of the table. She took deep breaths, trying to calm herself. It was an odd feeling, knowing that she was exalted and yet having the sense of being so very human still, in emotion and perception. Only when the tea finally arrived did the golden haired woman look up, a somewhat forced smile upon her face. "Thank you." She acknowledged softly, looking up at him again and feeling that same odd sense of familiarity, like a memory that she could not quite reach.

"If it's any consolation," I said as I brought her tea over, "that's the only hard copy and the guy in-charge of computer security is a Solar as well - word is that he's re-writing the book on software engineering. Doubt anyone short of another Exalt's going to be getting at it."

As I handed her the tea, I noticed something wrong with her. "You okay?" I asked, feeling like I should comfort her. And I mean beyond just out of a sense of common courtesy, but like I cared for her on some level. Up until that point; the ancient memories my Exaltation brought were a curiosity at the least and a great help at others.

Sarah sighed. "Not really..." It served well as an answer to both questions actually. That the government wasn't about to tell a blatant lie about her was no particular consolation to her since the alternative was that it was effectively concealing that anything had happened at all. She took a tentative sip at the tea, surprised to find that she felt no discomfort from the scalding heat of it and grimacing slightly at the bitter taste. "Needs more sugar..." She muttered but she didn't rise or make any action to obtain some.

Instead Sarah leaned back in her chair, looking up at Erik. Examining half-memories she had been sensing at the edge of her perception every time she looked at him was a welcome distraction as she examined his face, trying to coax something forth to recall just why she had this feeling that she had met him before, maybe even more than that. She examined her memories of her life but not even a passing face stood out from a crowd, not even on television where this guy might have appeared as an exalted at some point. "Why do I know you?" she muttered under her breath a moment before epiphany struck her out of nowhere, memories of times she had never been and things she had never done. She didn't even notice the shift as her chair overbalanced backwards until her head hit the ground, not as painful as it ought to have been but a big enough shock to snap her out of it. She immediately flushed as her mind automatically sorted through what it had seen to reveal that no small part of it had been some very intimate moments with man that looked very similar to Erik, not really alike in a physical sense but in some otherness that was present in both of them. Was that... My past exaltation? She could remember a series of late night specials on the exalted that had talked about memory, another thing that she couldn't remember more than a little from. Sarah was almost wishing she'd paid a lot more attention to what she had been informed of when it came to the new powers, she had simply never expected that they would apply to her. Was that his past exaltation?

I was about to answer her question when she must've come to it herself. Must've recalled something serious from her past self to cause the whole chair to tip over like that. I didn't react quickly enough to stop her fall, though was glad that she had put the tea down on the table before taking her tumble.

"I take it that you answered your own question there?" I asked, jokingly, offering her a hand up. As I helped her up, I continued. "Yeah, seems a person's memories end up on an Exaltation and whoever gets it next has access to some of it. You've seemed familiar to me too, ever since you walked in, and I get the feeling our previous incarnations knew each other. Can't tell how close they were, though. The memories I got are that fragmentary it's not funny. Got bits and pieces from at least half a century rattling around and anything that shows who I- he - worked with back there are fuzzy. Sometimes they're in better focus but I've no bloody idea what causes it. Don't suppose you could let me in on what you remembered?"

"Yes... No... How long have you been -well- Exalted?" Sarah answered in a bit of a daze as she accepted the offered hand. "It's just... You know an awful lot." Her cheeks were still burning with embarrassment. The memories she had seen had been anything but fragmentary, entire days and nights of complete images having blazed before her eyes in the space of those few seconds and many of them had been very explicit.

"I..." Sarah took a deep breath, trying to recover her composure and succeeding in resettling herself bar for that ever-present flush on her cheeks which faded irritatingly slowly and -much to her annoyance and further chagrin- grew brighter again as she spoke. "It was a man that wasn't like you but he was you and he a-and I..." She stumbled over her words. "We w-were very close... Not just us as well. Th-there were others, a man who was sometimes a woman, and a woman who was sometimes a man." Her heart was racing and she felt a heat suffusing her body just from the images, barely managing to avoid recalling the sounds, the tastes, the smells of those moments.

"I... I think I need to go lie down." She noted, standing and swaying a little. Sarah couldn't remember the last time she was this aroused and she knew that if she stayed in Erik's presence much longer in this state she wouldn't be able to ward off the memories urging her on and the natural handsomeness he seemed to possess. "Which one's mine?" She looked about at the multitude of doors, four bedrooms and a bathroom that branched off from the central living space of the apartment.

"Only about a week but they give us plenty of reading material on the subject - it's in those two binders on the bookshelf over there." I answered, gesturing to the otherwise-empty bookshelf after getting her on her feet.

As she spoke of what she saw, it sounded familiar, very familiar. Like I was just short of actually remembering it. Before it could click into place, though, she asked which room was her's. "It'd be that one," I said pointing to a door on the far end of the apartment from the front door, "set it up for you this morning. My room's through there - got an en-suite if something in the main bathroom gets royally buggered up."

Sarah practically fled for the indicated door, moving as fast as she could without breaking into a run as she practically tore open the door and closed it behind her. The room was sparse, it's cool air a relief against the warmth within her. She breathed a long sigh as she leaned back against the closed door with a soft thump.

"Fuck..." She moaned softly as she sat down, reaching to push her pants down. "Fuck..." She tried to keep her voice quiet as her panties followed, not even bothering to take the bottoms off entirely before she crooked her knees to spread her thighs. "Fuck, Fuck Fuck..." She gritted her teeth against further noises as she dug two fingers into her womanhood and let the memories flow over her. She wasn't slow or light of touch as she rutted into herself, her movements frantic as wet sounds filled the room. She prayed that Erik couldn't hear her but as her climax crested she could barely restrain her moans.

Twenty minutes after she had entered the room Sarah panted in the silence, a light sheen of her cum covering her fingers and thighs as she sighed through the afterglow of her self-induced orgasm. Somewhat in more control, Sarah kicked off her tangled pants and looked about for a towel with which to wipe herself off as she blushed slightly. Eventually she fixed herself up, trying to appear a little more presentable before she ventured back into the common area some minutes later. "Uhm... I'm sorry about that... I just got a little overwhelmed." She mentioned by way of explanation to Erik, desperately trying to force her embarrassment that he might have heard her down. Please let him not have heard me... Please...

I was a bit surprised at how quickly Sarah had dashed into her room but put it down to something she'd remembered. Although as I was packing up my Warmachine stuff, I heard a faint noise from her room. After a couple of minutes I heard a moan come from her room. Minor thing, wouldn't have paid attention to it normally, except that it finally made the memories I'd felt trying to surface all click into place. I still had far from the full picture of my previous self's life, but I did get some very explicit images and realised that that was what she'd remembered, albeit from her past self's perspective.

In just a couple of seconds I was treated to numerous scenes from a very active and creative love-life and, as it passed, I headed for my en-suite almost as fast as Sarah had gone for her room. I was more turned on then I'd ever been in my life and half-expected my erection to just tear right through my pants. The pants certainly survived long enough for me to lock the door to my room and get them off, although the boxer-briefs I was wearing under there weren't quite so lucky. If I'd been in a normal state of mind, I would've made a quip about me turning into a real-life Squadron Commander Flashheart. Although if that had come to mind, remembering that Blackadder scene might've snapped me out of it. I learnt later that I'd somehow used a mote or two of Essence to strengthen my erection enough to do that - apparently even the Exalted can't get that horny.

As it was, I ignored the torn clothing, dashed into the shower and started going to work while running the newly-recovered memories through my head. All I could do was try to get myself off as quickly as I could, my hand furiously running up and down my length as I let the memories run, several of them having been from a single week spent doing nothing but screwing each other's brains out. I don't know how long I was in there before I finally came harder than I'd ever experienced, spraying the shower wall with thick ropes of cum. Breathing hard, I finally came back to my senses before hosing the walls down (the showerhead was one of those ones you could take off the wall, thankfully), quickly cleaning myself up and getting dressed again.

I'd come back out to the common area and was concentrating on packing the models away again to keep my mind of what had happened when Sarah came out. "Don't worry about it," I said as she apologised, "they can get pretty intense sometimes from what I've heard."

For a second Erik's words left Sarah scared, uncertain whether she had or had not been heard. She spent a moment in awkward silence trying to fight down that ever so stubbornly persistent blush before she realized what the man was talking about. "O-oh! Uhm, yes..." Tentatively, she moved towards the table, picking up the mostly full mug of tea and noting that it had gone unpleasantly cold. "Ugh..." She muttered in annoyance as she moved towards the kitchen, trying to distract herself as she set the mug in the microwave and heated it.

A minute and a half later the tea was hot again and Sarah exited the kitchen quietly. "S-so.." She wondered aloud. "What now?"

"Well now, we wait for the higher-ups to send us somewhere or call us down for a training exercise. Although since it's already half-past seven of an evening, I doubt either's going to happen." I explained.

"You could get one of the army guys to give you a lift to your place to pick some stuff up, if you want. Doubt you want to be stuck with just the one change of clothes, after all." The image of Sarah getting undressed came to mind, quickly paired to similar memories of her previous self, some of which were full-blown strip-teases or simply tearing her clothing to shreds in order to get down to 'business'. Fortunately, I was sitting down at the table as I finished putting the models away so the table managed to hide the returning erection, which would've been a lot more visible now since I hadn't grabbed a new pair of underpants.

Sarah nodded at the suggestion, oblivious to the images that were running through Erik's mind. Getting some of her possessions back seemed an excellent idea. She took another sip of her tea, sighing as she was finally able to enjoy the bitter warmth of the liquid without being interrupted by memories of the best sex she'd never had. "I think I will do just that if I can... Uhm..." She realized she had next to no idea who she could ask to help her. "Who should I talk to?" She asked Erik, he spoke of the idea with some familiarity, surely he must know of someone who could help.

"Sorry - too used to talking to people familiar with the place. You want to call the front desk and ask for a Sergeant Gregson," I explained, pointing towards the apartment's phone which had a list of the shorter codes needed to dial the front desk, other apartments, outside numbers and so-on. "He's part of the unit handling Exalted logistics - housing us, making sure we can get where we need to go in the city, keeping track of us if they need to call us up, that sort of thing. Gregson himself is one of the liaisons between us and military supply - we want anything from outside we need to go through him or another liaison. There's a list in one of the binders over there but Gregson's the easiest to get along with."

I realised that some of the stuff I said could be taken the wrong way so I clarified. "I know it sounds like this place is a prison, but it's not - we can head out on our own, they just like to know where we're going in-case the proverbial hits the fan and need to come get us. That and they can provide transport - way petrol prices were going even before the invasion, I'd make the most of it. Not that I've much choice in the matter - my car's still back in Toowoomba so it's either the military or a taxi for me. And I don't have to pay the military."

Sarah nodded again, gulping down what remained of her tea as she wandered over to the phone and made the call to the number listed. A few minutes later the sergeant was at the door, cheerful despite how she thought she must be imposing upon him to drive her out at such an odd hour as he led her to the military motor pool and bade her into a car. They made small talk the trip over, Sarah was even impressed by the stories he related of how he had survived the various accidents that the Exalted had caused as the military learned more about their powers and capabilities, as an official liaison it seemed he'd been through a lot. After collecting her clothes and a few sundry items such as her toothbrush, various technologies, and a dozen or so books that she was in the midst of reading -being often in the habit of picking one up only to put it down after finishing half of it and then moving on to another book- Sarah and Gregson made their way back towards the base, a trip that became somewhat awkward for Sarah as she realized first that she was mildly attracted to Gregson and second that the attraction was digging up her memories again, prompting her to shy away from the man a little and spend the rest of the ride in a state of uncomfortable near-arousal that she was thankful he didn't notice.

Back in the apartment, Sarah thanked the sergeant for his time, waving him away as she found it startlingly easy to carry her three boxes at once, realizing for the first time the extent of her strength as an exalted. Gregson escorted her to her door and bade her goodnight, departing as Sarah reached for the doorhandle and let herself back in to her new home quietly. The clock read a mere hour of 9pm, an hour and a half after she had departed.

((Sorry for the slow reply - was halfway through typing this when Firefox crashed.))

While Sarah was out, I'd done a few things to take my mind of the memories she'd stirred up. Catch up on some forums and YouTube channels, see how TV Tropes' page about the Exalted was progressing (still no mention of me, to no great surprise) and such. Sadly it wasn't as successful as I'd hoped so I decided to have a cold shower and see if that helped. I'd only gotten out a minute or two before she got back, just after I'd put my pants back on fortunately. Didn't have a shirt on, though, and my first instinct to seeing her come in with those boxes was to head over and offer a hand.

"You need a hand with those?" I asked, forgetting that they probably felt as light as a feather to her thanks to her Exaltation.

((Ack! Sorry! I forgot that I hadn't replied!))

Sarah would swear later that her enhanced dexterity had been the only thing that kept her from dropping her boxes in shock at the sight of Erik without his shirt on. Or to be more accurate, at the memories that flooded her relaxed and unguarded mind to accompany that sight, although the vision of that well muscled chest was not unimpressive in and of itself. "No!" She yelped then caught herself. "N-no... I... I'll be fine..." Her cheeks were rosy and she could tell she was getting aroused again. "Sorry... You distracted me... Memories..." She tapped at her skull with a weak giggle, wanting nothing more than to get back into her room and work out her lust as she had before.

You could always follow in your past's footsteps. A treacherous part of her brain spoke up, prompting Sarah to almost stumble again. She dismissed the idea as fast as she could but it was persistent, offering carnal satisfaction. Come on... He'd probably be willing, and it's not as though you don't know each other... Rationalization after rationalization making her grow redder and redder, her nipples beginning to stand out through her shirt and bra as memory after memory of sensation and desire ran through her imagination.

((OOC: It's fine.))

Her mention of the memories set me off too, a new pair of boxer-briefs would keep an erection from showing but part of me wanted her to notice a bulge there. I pushed that thought out of my head as I saw her start to stumble a bit.

"Well hand me the ones with fragile stuff in them - you don't look too steady on your feet." I offered, moving over to her and steadying the boxes. I don't know why I wasn't doing the smart thing; backing off and letting us both cool down, but it felt like the right thing to try and help her.

That he got closer did not help Sarah's fevered imagination at all, she tried to shut it all out and pretend as though he was not there at all only to imagine she could feel his presence nearby, moving alongside her. She opened her eyes and nearly dropped the boxes as she stared into Erik's. He could see it all, her pointed nipples, her reddened face. "I... I..." Her mouth worked, seeking words and finding only those she did not want to speak.

Somehow she doubted she was going to get into her room before she broke down.

Unceremoniously Sarah dropped the boxes, uncaring of how they tumbled to the floor (There wasn't much taht could be broken in them after all) as she lunged in with all her newfound speed and pressed her lips to Erik's. Almost like the memories...

As she dropped the boxes and kissed me, instinct (or maybe habit) took over. I pulled her close and kissed her back almost feverishly, my hands already going to the hem of her shirt and pulling it off her, breaking our lip-lock only long enough to get the shirt out of the way and throw it aside. I could feel her hard nipples pressing against my chest through her bra as I pulled her back against me.

Hungry for more, I lowered my hands to her pert butt and lifted her up, holding her there as I carried her to my room while licking, kissing and gently nipping at her exposed cleavage on the way. I quickly lowered her onto the bed and climbed on after her, kissing her once more as my hands went to her bra. I needed her too badly at this point to try and undo it so I simply grabbed the cups and yanked, tearing the piece of cloth that held the cups together. With that out of the way, I started kissing and nipping my way down her neck, along her collarbone and down onto one of her pert breasts. I slowed down here, taking my time to explore her breast with my lips and tongue, while one hand did the same to the other.

Sarah was startled when Erik took the lead all of a sudden, taking control so easily from her fumbling grasp. The kiss was electric, pure sensation with every second their lips were locked interspersed with aching loss when they parted as her shirt was tugged over her head. She barely even noticed she was being carried as the young man hefted her slender frame in his arms, squeaks and gasps escaping her mouth as he worked his way down her neck and collarbone to the swell of her breasts.

The sudden shift from the vertical to the horizontal made her give a little cry of surprise but Sarah was already being whisked away by sensation once more mere seconds after she landed on the mattress. There was a moment of pain as the strap of her bra dug into her back before it's front gave away but she hardly cared. From there, she squirmed and finally moaned aloud as Erik's slow retracing of his steps brought him to her bared chest and his teeth closed lightly against one nipple while his thumb and forefinger pinched at it's fellow.

I gently pulled at the nipple between my teeth, paying careful attention to her reactions. After a bit I switch to the other breast, giving it the same gentle but thorough treatment the first one had. While I was doing that, I ran my free hand down across her stomach, dragging my fingers slowly across her heated flesh, before sliding it into her pants and teasing the folds of her womanhood. I kept my eyes turned to her face to watch her reaction as I slowly traced circles around her clit.

My own pants were starting to get uncomfortably tight by this stage, but I ignored it; wanting to pleasure Sarah as much as I could.

After a bit, my impatience gets the better of me. I move back and start pulling her pants and panties off at the same time, admiring her legs as they're exposed before tossing the clothing into one corner of the room. I keep hold of one of her legs though, holding it up with the foot near my head, and lean in to start slowly kissing my way down it, starting at the ankle and slowing down even further as I pass the knee to tease her.

The smell of her arousal really hit me as I got close and I was very tempted to just plunge my tongue into her, though that I was able to resist. I carefully kissed around her womanhood, avoiding direct contact by the narrowest of margins. Through all of this, I kept my eyes on her face to watch her reaction. Though at this point it was hard to concentrate on her face with the rest of my view - namely the sight of her amazing breasts and the hand I brought back to one of them was only partly so I could move it aside and watch her face, but also because I just couldn't keep my hands off them.

Back
Top Bottom