Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Run Away Love (Risky_Business & Frelance)

Evo Var

Supernova
Terence cursed and rubbed the back of his head. He glared over at the phone that had caused him to jump and slam his head into the hood of the car he had been working on. Glancing at the clock and seeing that there was only ten minutes left before he could close the shop for the night. "Fuck them. They can wait until tomorrow." He reached over and turned up the radio up so it drowned out the sound of the phone. After a few minutes he closed the hood of the car and walked into the back room.

He opened his locker after shrugging off the coveralls he had been working in his cell started ringing. "That better be not be whoever was phoning before." He looked at the caller ID and shook his head before picking up then accepting the call. "Fuck you're worse than a chick. What do you want?"

"Guess who I just saw when I was heading to the bar."

"How the hell would I know who you saw. I am been working with the phone ringing constantly."

There was a sigh on the other end of the connection before Jason spoke up again. "Really man, think about it. Why would everyone be calling the garage when you're the only one working and then I call you for the fifth time telling you to guess who I just saw. Think about it."

Terence pulled his phone away and looked at the screen to make sure Jason was not fucking with him. "Look just tell me, " He fell silent and slammed the locker closed. " She's back? Since when?"

Jason choked back a laugh and cleared his throat before he spoke. "Ya, I just saw her when I drove by and I don't know how long she has been back but I bet if you had picked up the phone you would know now."

Terence just ended the call and tossed his phone back into the locker. He finished changing into a simple blue collared shirt and a pair of grey jeans before he glanced at the Jason had sent saying he would meet him at the bar. Ten minutes later he locked the back door and got into his El Camino. He sat there for a few minutes before turning the car on and slamming on the gas. "Fuck it."

When he got to the bar a few minutes later he slammed on the breaks and spun the car spraying mud into the marsh as he slid to a halt at its edge. Smiling he shut off the car and walked inside. "Get me a beer and three shots of Vodka." The bartender didn't say anything as he went to work getting Terence his drinks. He was not surprised since nothing stayed a secret in a town as small as this one.

Jade had just left her parents house, a long but nice family dinner. A lot of questions and hugs, kisses. You name it. But her parents were smart enough not to mention the T word. And at about 9 pm she had changed into a pair of boot cut jeans, black tank top with a black leather jacket and her brown cowboy boots, she drove her father's pick up truck to the local bar.

Pulling down the dirt road and parking the truck, she stepped out. The men outside smoking their cigarettes almost choked when they saw who she was. She smirked, slammed the truck door and walked by them. "Howdy, boys." She said before stepping into the bar.

As she stepped in, her eyes quickly adjusted to the dim lights and all heads turned towards her. She paused a moment and slid off her black leather jacket, letting it hang on the back of the bar chair. Leaning against the bar, she ordered a bottle of beer.

"Thanks," she said to the bartender as she reached in her jeans pocket to pay and tip the bartender. "This one's on me.." He stated, rejecting he money. Jade nodded and smiled.

She headed towards the back of the bar, over the wood floors. All eyes still on hers, she didn't pay them any intention and headed straight towards the pool table where a few guys were playing. "Mind if I join?" She asked with a smile, taking a sip from her beer as they all gave her a very warm, welcome.

"Rack em'," one of the men stated, as he went over to her and handed her the pool stick. "You can break," he said with a grin.

"My pleasure." Jade stated, leaning over the side of the table and breaking the rack with perfection. The men speechless and the game continued.

Jason spotted Jade the moment she walked in but he said nothing as he took a swig of his beer and Terence downed another shot. "So how was work? Any models have car trouble in two in this week." He kept his eyes on his friend when Terence glared at him but it only worked for a few seconds before his friend looked around realizing it was way to fucking quite.

Turning in his seat he looked over at the bar and clenched his Jaw shut to stop himself from saying something. He didn't trust himself not to say something he would regret but at the same time he didn't really care what he did at the moment. Turning back to Jason he looked down at his almost empty beer and started balancing it on its edge. Once it was balanced he let it go and watched it spin slowly. "Drink you fucking beer already I am not going to try and kill her or something." He shot a glare at Jason who shrugged and drank more of the beer. "I wouldn't put it passed you. Its not like you have forgot about her." As soon as the words were out of his mouth Jason knew it was a mistake. He should have stayed quiet and just let Jason try to ignore Jade.

Terence pushed his chair back and stood up. "Get lost Jason." He spun and walked across the bar. For the second time in almost as many minutes as everyone waited to see what he would do. He shot a cold stare at the guy who had handed Jade the pool stick but it was not until the guys drinking buddy leaned in and whispered to him that the guys grin faltered which just made Jason laugh. "That figures, you come home and the first guy you screw is going to be from out of town." He crossed his arms over his chest as he glared at Jade's back.

The game between Jade and the group of guys was getting intense. They were blown away by her pool skills. "I picked this up when I was in Vegas," she bloated. "I was horrible at first, don't worry. You guys can pick up a few pointers from me if you want." She said with a smirk, as they all laughed.

Jade was in the midst of hitting a ball into a pocket, "Yes!" She shouted as she stood straight up. Before the silence in the bar had hit her. "What?" She said the guys standing around the pool table, their beers held still in their hands as they all saw them glaring at something that was directly behind her. She looked to her left, the man who had handed her the pool stick was as stiff as a rock.

She was puzzle, she didn't know what to make of it. But she could feel eyes on her. It was a different stare than she had been getting since she arrived last night. She swore she could feel a burning sensation on her back. She clenched the pool stick, biting down on her lip before she made the decision to turn around.

Slowly she turned, her eye starting at a pair of brown boots and making her way up his body and where their eyes met for the first time in a very long time. Her jaw dropped and before she could mutter a word she heard a loud voice behind her.

"Hey boy, what are you looking at it?" The burly mean had bellowed towards Terence. "You got a fucking problem?" He had asked.

Terence smirked as he saw Jade's jaw drop. He still had a slim build but there didn't seem to be any fat left on his body now. It happened when you spent most of a year fighting and working out to try and forget someone. After that it had just become a habit. "Ya, nice to see you to. Thanks." His voice was cold but there was a hint of satisfaction in his voice.

His eyes snapped to the guy who had spoken up but his words just got a sharp bark of laughter from Terence. "Fuck off and mind your own business. I don't have the patenice to deal with some dumb ass from out of town." He looked between the guy he had glared at before and the one who had spoken up. "Your both from out of town, right?" He shook his head when the two guys look at each other then took a step towards him. He started to step forward but Jason grabbed his arm and hauled him back.

"Cool it. Let go get another beer. You know you're going to regret it." Jason's knuckles we white as he held Terence back even as a few of the guys all three of them had gone to school with walked over making it clear they would not just stand back.

"I told you too fuck off Jason. You have nothing to do with this!" He spun on Jason but he didn't move to hit him. One of the other guys from town took Terence's other arm and tried to get Terence back to his table once the two guys had backed down. Jason finally got Terence to move but before he led him away he glanced back at Jade and shook his head with a look of disgust flashing across his face as he started looking away. They got Terence back to the table and ordered a few more beers but Jason watched him closely ready to grab him if he tried to go back to Jade again.

Conflict. One thing Jade was never good at. She was either blowing up and screaming or avoiding the situation all together.

She saw the men and Terance walk towards each other, each step passed through her vision like slow motion. Her hand running through her hand, as the threats from each side of the fight echoed around her. Her head was still in a shock, she wasn't prepared to see him. Her heart was feeling something familiar.

All those years she was gone, in the back of her mind always Terance. How she disappointed him, she had pushed it so far back during her traveling and adventures, that she never prepared herself to be face to face with him again.

She regained awareness and missed most of the arguing, she saw Terance being pulled at by his friend. As he cooled down, he saw that glare shot towards her. Which to Jade, fell like a blow to the chest.

The guys from out of town gathering back by the table. "Sorry about that cutie." He had said to her, "Just some punk ass." His hand moving towards her, pool stick in hand.

Along the way of her travels, Jade had picked up the habit of smoking but only under pressure. She declines, walking past Terance and his friend, to the door. Before she briefly exits, she grabs her leather jacket and throws it on quickly and she disappeared faster than when she left town a few years back.

She wasn't leaving, how could she? "Walk out and disappear again on him?" She thought, "That'd be a buzz kill." She said to her self. but instead went to her fathers truck, he back pressing again the hard, cold, red metal. Her hands almost shaking as she reached into her jacket pocket, grabbed a smoke and lit it. Instantly she was relieved, she only need about 10 more cigarettes.

Terence looked up when Jade walked past and glared at her but he kept his mouth shut this time. Jason let out a sigh of relief and downed the rest of his beer. "That could have gone better." Terence looked up from the four bottles balanced on their sides with the necks touching. "Ya, I could have beat the shit out of them." Jason groaned and put down his empty. "I am getting another round. Don't go anywhere."

Shaking his head Terence stood up with Jason then walked towards the door. As Jason tried to step in front of him Terence just brushed past him and walked outside. He took a quick look around and saw Jade. He stared at her for a few seconds before he took a step towards her but stopped and spun around when Jason walked outside behind him. "Don't do it. Your drunk. Just wait until tomorrow then go and talk to her." Terence turned around more determined than ever to get answers. Jason grabbed his shoulder. "Give me your keys at least. You are going to kill someone if you try to drive home." Terence pulled his shoulder loose and slapped his key's into Jason's hand. "Now get lost." He hissed before heading over to Jade.

When he noticed the cigarette he felt the old craving coming back to the surface. He had not had a smoke in two years now after starting up a year after Jade had left town. He stopped only a few feet away from her and couldn't help but look her over as she leaned against the truck. He was surprised to see she had her dad's truck but he felt like an idiot for being surprised, of course she would be using his truck. "Why the hell did you come back? It's been five years you should have just stayed away Jade." He spat her name out as if it left a bad taste in his mouth.

Jade took a few deep breaths in before taking another drag of her cigarette. She closed her eye, her head leaning back against the truck as she banged it again it softly. "Stupid, stupid, stupid, Jade. Always fucking up." She muttered to herself.

She leaned her head up, taking another drag of her cigarette before she heard his voice. "Why'd you come back?" Played over and over again in her mind before she turned to face him. She paused a moment, the smoke drifting from her full lips as she stood there almost speechless.

She crossed her arms and shrugged, her head shaking side to side lightly. Her mouth had parted like she was about to give a speech but instead, she closed her mouth. Sighed, and muttered a soft "I'm sorry."

She said, before turning her head back and taking another drag. She felt his eyes burning into the back of her head, she bit down on her lip. Wanting to say more, so much more. But what would be the point? No matter how much she would try to justify herself, it wouldn't make a difference. She could never live what she did down. Especially not with someone as stubborn as Terance.

She second guessed herself, "I'm sorry." She said more clearly this time.

Terence bit the inside of his cheek as his feeling for tried to come to the surface. They were overwhelmed by the years of bitter anger only seconds later. He had thought he knew her, he had trusted her. They had always been together then one day she is gone. She up and left without saying a word. At first he had kept going to dinner at her house when her parents had invited his family but by the time he found the first two post cards lying on a counter after her parents forgetting to put them away he had not gone back since. He had at least one fresh bruise even few days for a few weeks after that. His family hadn't mentioned her or her family after that either.
When he heard her mutter the words he had wanted to hear or even read for so long nothing happened. There was no relief, no feeling of happiness. He stood there for a few seconds starting at her speechless as he tried to understand why her words didn't do anything.

When she turned back to him and said it again he just shook his head. "Fine, just make sure you give someone a god dam reason for leaving when you go. I am not going to be the reason you left this time." He turned on his heel and started walking away from her. He knew where he was going to end up but even after she left the pond they had spent some many days and when they were older was still gave him some comfort. After only a few steps he slowed down fighting back tears as a rush of memories came back but he kept walking trying to ignore that she was behind him still.

She closed her eyes during the silence, she could feel him still standing there. Her intention was for him to walk away but at the same time hoped he didn't.

His words pierced through her head. Biting down on her lip, she turned her face away more. A single tear rolling down her cheek as she tried to stay strong. It'd been so long since she had showed any sort of emotion. All these years it was just her and that's what she needed. But how could he understand.

She wiped the tear from her face as soon as she had heard his body turn, his boots digging into to the dirt beneath him. Panic became her, she didn't want him to walk away but how could she make him stop.

"It wasn't you." She said back after him, her arms folded across her chest. "It never was." She said again. "And I'm sorry that I was to selfish to say anything, I'm a coward. I was scared. I didn't know what I wanted." She said again, his back turned to her.

She paused again, her hand covering her mouth. She was afraid of what she would next, she had already done enough damage. "You're right, I should have never came back. I don't know what I was thinking." She said, grabbing the truck keys from her jacket. The clink and jingle of the keys ringing behind him.

He stopped dead in his tracks as she spoke to him. Any sympathy he had felt the moment before boiled away as he listened to her, her excuses for leaving. "You didn't know what you wanted?" There was an edge to his voice now. He turned around slowly but didn't move back to her. "You didn't know what you wanted? So you left without a word. What you thought that I couldn't handle it if you had told me you needed time?" He stuffed his hands into his pockets as he tried not to scream at her. "You could have left a note, or maybe sent a letter. Jesus maybe something for your parents to tell me one of your post cards but now. Sorry doesn't cut it."

When he saw the keys in her hand he just shook his head. "Do it. Go on runaway again. It's not like you had much trouble doing it then. Just make sure you don't come back this time." He pulled his arms from his pockets and crossed them over his chest. He stood his ground this time. He swayed slightly but even though he knew he was drunk he knew at that moment he meant every word.

She bit down on her lip hard when he had turned and gave to her what she had deserved. She felt so helpless, just like she had the night she had left. She shook her head. "I wouldn't expect you to understand. Fuck, I didn't either." She said with all honestly.

She looked down the ground and back up at him again, her eyes watering. On the verge of tears, but she fought back with every inch of her body not to let on fall from her in front of him. "I was a kid. I was afraid of disappearing just like everyone else in this fucking town. And that's what you wanted. Marriage, kids, doing the same god damn thing like everyone else in this town." She said, almost spitefully. "Hell, Terance. You still work at the same place you used to in high school." She said again, shaking her head.

Now her words were beginning to hurt, she was arguing and throwing jabs at him more than giving him a reason as to why she left but she would never know how to explain herself. "Have Jason drive you home, okay?" She said with sincerity, she knew how Terance was when he got drunk and he was a dead giveaway right now. Her hand reaching for the door handle of the truck as she pulled it towards her.

Her words stung when they were young he had been comfortable staying here and just going through life. He had everything he needed so why would he leave, it didn't mean he had thought about going away once in awhile to see a few sights but the conversation had never come up. "I had everything I needed. I ha-" He clamped his mouth shut for a second before saying. "It's not like you asked if I would want to get away. You didn't even say you wanted to leave." He stepped closer to her as she turned back to the truck. "How dare you say all I wanted was to stay here and have kids. You never said you wanted anything else. You wanted marriage and kids just as much as I did. At least those were the lies you told me. What else was a lie Jade? What other lies did you tell me."

He had heard the sincerity in her voice but he didn't believe her. She had lied to him right up until the day she had left. Now that he knew she had he wasn't up to trusting her at all. "You know at least I found something I enjoy doing." He turned around and went back into the bar. Jason didn't say anything as he walked to the bar. He gave Terence his space as he sat with one of the girls he had a love hate relationship with. About half an hour later Terence finished off his seventh beer since he had come back in. He pulled out his wallet and paid his tab. When he got up and turned around Jason kissed the girl on the cheek and whispered something to her before he met Terence at the door. "Want a ride home?" Terence nodded and put an arm over Jason's shoulder. "Man your an idiot, you should just leave my stupid ass to get home." He slurred his words but not as much as you would think.

Jade eyes turn to his, the closest she had faced them in what seems like forever. "I-.... but. That's not true!" She muttered out, between each of the breaks within his words..which wasn't often. Before she could say anything else he had walked away and into the bar.

"Fuck!" She said between clench teeth. "Ugh!" Opening the truck door and climbing in, she slammed the door and clenched the steering wheel. "What is wrong with me?" She stammered to herself. Angry that she had let herself get angry, he did nothing wrong. Anxiously she reached for her pack of cigarettes in her jacket, fumbling the cigarette but bringing it to her lips.

"Lighter?!" She muttered again, frantically looking. She almost broke down in tears, "God, please not now." She said.

Meanwhile, Jason and Terance were exiting the bar. Both swaying side to side, barely able to stand. But Jade took no notice. The search for her lighter had gone to the extreme. Before she knew it she slammed her hands into the steering wheel as it honked. Startling the two walking down the stairs, her hair a wreck and her face red she turned to her left she saw him once again.

She almost just threw the truck in drive and peel out, but she did notice the lack of sobriety from the two and wouldn't be able to live with herself if she had let one more bad thing happen to Terance.

She sighed softly, "I thought I told you to drive home safe." She said to Terance. "I don't know what I was thinking when I thought Jason would keep you safe." She laughed to herself. "Please, just get in. I know it's the last thing you want to do but I'll never ask you to do another thing again. Just let me do you this one solid and drive you both home." She pleaded, she wanted to make Terance know she still knew him better than he did. She didn't want his stubbornness to get in the way.

Both the guys jumped and looked over at the pickup when Jade honked the horn then when they noticed how franticly she was looking for something first Jason then Terence started to chuckle which by the time they had gotten close to the truck they had almost fallen over as they tried to stop laughing. As soon as Terence heard her voice he sobered up enough to hear what she was saying.

He frowned and shook his head. "What? I'm not driving. I don't even have my keys." Jason was going to say something but then he heard what she had to say about him. "Hey, I am not drunk. I can still drive. He's the one who's wasted." They paused and looked at each other then shrugged and Jason climbed into the back of the truck and just barely fell onto his back instead of his face. Terence laughed at Jason as he got into the cab and closed the door but as it sunk in that he had just accepted a ride from Jade he grew quite after telling Jason's address which ended up still being his parents place then told her the address of the small house he was living on the edge of town. "The roads are pretty bad there be careful." He glanced over at her then quickly looked away.

He was to confused to know what to do or say. Being hammered didn't help and he knew it but he kept his mouth shut just to be careful. He sneaked a few glances over at her and for the first time he looked at how she changed with almost no malice clouding his judgement. It turned out to be a mistake every time he did it and he would quickly look away and look out the window. When they got to Jason's place Terence helped him to the door before walking back to the truck and getting in.

"Sober my ass." She had said to the both of them, "I don't care if you hate me but I'm not going to let you to hurt yourselves the dumb asses you are." She said, seriously. Before letting out a smile to the both of them, trying to lighten the mood. "Seat belts!" She said, before spinning off.

The ride was a lot worse than she thought it would have been. This once familiar feeling, the three of them together when they were younger but so awkward. She pulled up to Jason's house, as Terance got out and walked with him. "Night, Jason!" She had said to him as he left.

While Terance was walking Jason to the door, she had completely forgotten about her cigarette. She pulled it to her lips again. "Shit, the lighter." She said to herself. Turning the stereo up slowly before he reached the car. As he got into the passenger seat, she bit down her lip over at him.

She pulled the car into drive as she pulled down the road, listening to his directions to his house. The whole ride silent. They both had been throwing each other glimpses but very careful that each other never caught one another staring.

As soon as they hit the bumpy roads, Jade handled them with pro. "Remember when we used to do this?" She said over to him, revving the engine as the truck bumped each divit and hole in the dirt. A smile on her face.

Jason smiled as she revved the engine and fumbled with the seat belt until it he got on. "Hell ya. Best times where always when it had just rained." He looked off in the distance as he put his arm out the window to brace himself on the top of the cab just like all those other times. "I remember having to wash dads truck when we brought it back covered in mud." Chuckling he looked over at her. "I can't believe he thought making us clean it was a punishment." He turned back to the road and laughed as he remembered how they had both been soaked within five minutes of them starting to clean the truck.

"Did you see the skid marks in the bar parking lot? The ones leading to the El Camino?" He felt a pride in his stunt even though no one had seen and not one really got why he enjoyed doing so much. Out of everyone Jade had seemed to get it. He started to stare out the window again as his house came into view and it sank in that they were not kids anymore.

"Thats it." He didn't really need to say anything the road ended at his place. The house itself was a simple single story house. It looked well maintained as the trucks head lights passed over it. When the truck stopped he sat there not able to force himself to get out. Finally after a full minute he undid the seat belt and reached for the door handle. He couldn't think of anything to say.

Jade pulled up to the front of the cute, quaint house. The grass as green as any other lawn in the whole town, he always knew what he was doing. She smiled to herself. She could only imagine if that would have been the house they started their life together in. Although well in the past, she liked to think it would have been. "It's great, Terance. Really." She said before he pulled back the handle to get out.

She turned the stereo up to a nice low, loud enough to hear what was playing but not loud enough to drown out the silence and the chance that he would say something and that was not something she wanted to miss.

"Don't go yet.." She said, "have a cigarette with me.. that's something we have yet to do together." She smirked as she pressed the cigarette end between her lips. "Shit.. please tell me you have a lighter?" She mumbled with the cigarette between her lips. Her head resting back against the head rest as she looked over at him. She finally felt at peace. She was sure all the anger and frustration between them was gone yet but their argument earlier blew off most of the steam for the night.

"Right. It looked like shit when I bought it." He looked over at her and saw her smiling and couldn't help but smiling himself. He looked away quickly, he didn't want to leave her yet. He felt like if he let her drive away he would not see her again. He opened his mouth the say something then closed it again when he couldn't come up with anything to say.

He recognized the song that was playing from when they were younger but he had a foot on the ground before she spoke. He stopped and swayed slightly as he listened to what she had to say. Sighing he checked his pockets and shook his head. "Not on me. Want to come in?" He got out of the truck and closed the door looking at her. "Come on. I think I still have a something better than those hidden somewhere." He waited until she was out of the truck before he walked to the front door.

He stumbled catching himself on the porch railing and chuckling before he got to the door and tried to open it. When he realized it was locked and Jason had his keys he banged his head against the door. "God dammit!" He thought for a second then took a step back and counted the support beams that ran along the porch. When he reached the sixth one he moved below it. Reaching up he pulled himself up and held himself their for a few seconds as he reached for the spare that was hanging on a nail just inside his reach. Dropping back to the porch he walked back to the door and unlocked it. Walking inside he slipped off his boots by the door before he walked into the second bedroom and started moving some boxes around in the closet.
Coming back out he tossed a Zippo to Jade before walking into the kitchen and tossing half a pack of smokes onto the counter. "Want a drink? I have." He stopped mid sentence as he tried to read the labels but nothing would focus so he just left the fridge open and walked back into the living room. "Well I can't read what's in there so just help yourself." leaned against the wall not sure what to do now.

The house was clean but there were stacks of magazines and papers on the coffee table. There were also a few dishes he had not cleaned in the sink. It was obvious that his mother had been there recently since she had been the one who made sure Terence made sure everything was spotless. He was not messy by any means but that had never been how she liked things. It had always grated on his nerves but he had never told anyone but Jade.

Jade had smiled, she was in shock when he had invited her in. Part of her was hesitant, she didn't want to be stepping over boundaries but after all he did invite her in. "Of course." She said, stepping out of the truck and jumping the ground. Although she handled the truck like a pro, she was still a small thing and almost always needed to jump in and out of the truck.

Her feet hit the ground as she shut the door, not use in locking the truck since there wasn't anyone around for a few miles. The house was secluded but exactly what she pictured Terance's house to look like.

"What could be better than these?" She has said, as she walked up behind him. Letting out a laugh as they reached the door. Her hands pushing towards him and hitting his side as she held him as he caught his balance. "Jesus, be careful." She said to him, which didn't seem to help before long he was jumping and hanging on beams. She couldn't help but looking his body up and down, biting down her lip she smiled as the door open and they walked through.

Jade took the house in, her eyes hitting every detail of every little thing. She sees him disappear and then a few minutes later back with a lighter and a pack of cigarettes. She was to busy looking at the house, she had noticed the cigarettes on the table.

"It's great." She said to him with a little smile. "You better pick up these paper before your Mom comes by and visits again." She said to him, trying to lighten the mood. What kind of cigarettes are these?' She chuckled.

He glanced over at the papers and smiled as he pulled out a smoke from the pack he had found. "Na, I think I will leave them for her to freak over the next time she decides to stop by." He toyed with the smoke for a few seconds before sitting down on his couch and putting it between his lips. "Can I have the lighter back?" He looked at her holding out his hand. Once he had the smoke lit he tossed the lighter onto the coffee table and took a long drag from the smoke before he leaned his head back on the couch and slowly exhaled the smoke. "Fuck I missed this. Two years and I still had half a pack left." He chuckled and sat up again then grabbed his head. " Um, I think they are Peter Jacksons." He picked up the back and looked at it for a few seconds then tossed it on the table. "Ya they are Peter Jacksons. What are you smoking and when did you start smoking?" He looked over at her as he took another drag on the cigarette and savoring the nicotine rush.

He looked away from here again as he started to second guess his decision to invite her in. He didn't know what to think at the moment. It almost felt like old times well except for the fact that they were both smoking at the moment. He pushed his nerves as far into the back of his mind as he could and decided to enjoy tonight. He could deal with whatever happened tomorrow.

Jade didn't know how to feel. But she lot her cigarette before walking over to Terance and places the lighter in hand. "Marlboro." She said as she took a deep drag, her body leaning agains the door frame into the living room as he sat on the couch. Part of her wanted to run. She couldn't handle the silence. Terance was drunk, would he even remember this in the morning?

She pushed it to the back of her mind and took another drag. The smoke passing through her lips as she shrugged at his question. "Just a habit I picked up over the years, wish I never started." She laughed, trying to break the silence.

She watched him while he sat on the couch. She felt unwelcome although he had invited her in. But she never expected it to be like nothing happened. There were years of unsaid conversations and reasons of why that he had asked her, but it was something she couldn't give him. "Do you think you could ever forgive me?" She said softly. Lifting her eyes to lock with his as they locked eyes in the smokey room."Will you even remember me in the morning?"

"Well good luck quitting." He looked around for a second then got up and walked into the kitchen. "Just don't go cold turkey it just makes it harder." When he came back in he had an old cup that he used an ash tray. He took one more drag before tapping the ash into the cup and setting it down on a table near the door before he sat back on the couch. Leaning back against it he watched her as she watched him. He was content not to say anything as he took her in. It had been so long since he had seen her, he had not look at her picture for a few years now.

He started to look away when she asked if he could forgive her but he stopped when their eyes met. He didn't say anything and when she asked if he would remember her in the morning he nodded slowly. "I don't forget what I do when I drink." He grew quite as he remembered some of the things that he had done while drunk. Sighing he looked away from her and finished off his smoke. Walking back to the cup he dropped the butt of his cigarette into the cup and watched the smoke rising from it for a few seconds before he looked up at her. "I don't know if I can forgive you. Yo-" He caught himself before he said anything else and just leaned against the wall. He didn't know what to think at the moment. "Am I going to find you left town again if I call your parents tomorrow?" He didn't look at her but looked down instead. He didn't want to see her eyes at the moment. He had calmed down now and wasn't in the mood to hurt her now.

She laughed, "been there and done that." She said to his quitting cold turkey response. She tools another long drag, her head resting against the wall, she took a final drag and extinguish the end into the cup.

When the gaze got to intense they both broke the stair. How could she have let this happen? She thought to herself. They used to be so close, each others everything and now they were just strangers.

"You're lucky then," she said to his wonderful memory even when he's drunk. She wished she could say the same. She nodded at his response, "I'll be in town for awhile, not sure where I'm going next." She said, at this point she didn't much would come from them seeing eachother again. Too much damage already. They could never be what they used to be. They were both different then they were then.

"I should getting going anyway," she said grabbing her keys from my jacket. "Thanks for inviting me in." She said as she was heading to the door. "I'll see you around."

"Glad to know someone else knows the hell cold turkey is." He laughed and leaned back looking up at the ceiling. "Ya, well it's not always a gift." He had done some stupid shit when he was drunk that he would prefer to forget if he could.

"Good luck figuring it out." The words sounded hollow even to him but what was he supposed to say. He followed her to the door and had to resist the urge to grab her hand and not let her leave but he didn't give in. "Drive safe. Thanks for the new memory." He gave her a slightly tired smile before waving at her. "Ya I will see you around." He stayed there and waited until she drove off before he went inside. Going straight to bed he intended to pass out as soon as his head hit the pillow but when he got into the bed he lay there tossing and turning for a few hours before he drifted off to sleep.

The next thing he knew someone was banging on the door and it took him almost two minutes before he sat up and realized they were just knocking and his hang over was doing the rest. "Shut up! I will be there in a minute." He pulled his shirt back on and did up his jeans that he had slept in before leaving the bedroom. As he walked to the door he picked up a smoke and put it between his lips. As he was opening the zippo he opened the door and froze as he saw his father standing there.

His dad looked him over and relaxed even as he saw the unlit cigarette between Terence's lips. "I should have expected that." There was an uncomfortable pause as Terence closed the zippo and took the smoke out of his mouth before turning and walking back inside. "I brought you car back when I heard what happened. How are you doing?" Terence snorted and regretted it as he reached up and cradled his head. His dad chuckled and lead him to the couch before he went to get some coffee going and get a few painkillers for Terence.

Back
Top Bottom