Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where are the Supernatural fans?

Do you wanna do a Supernatural "movie night" thing?

• Total voters
nikki said:
I am a fan, but I haven't watched the current season. just finish 7 on dvd. I love this show.

Welcome to the thread dear! : 3 I have seen up to the 16th episode of the 8th season, though not the newest one yet, and I have to say it's pretty good. To me it seems to be taking a nice little break from the drama, but not straying too far either. Nice little plot going on as well. I recommend catching up when you can. : 3

Also, I am jealous you have Supernatural on DVD! I want all the seasons out, but ah, it is just so expensive! D 8

Millenium Joker said:
Netflix. Boom. Season 3 Episode 1 is what I just started with. Yay Envy!
Oh! Good episode, I enjoyed very much what they did with the Deadly Seven Sins. : 3 I hope you enjoy it Millenium!

Millenium Joker said:
I am so far, but I'm waiting for the season where they introduce the 4 Horsemen. Something about Pestilence kids... Freaked me the first time I saw him.

Ahhh! The Four Horsemen! I love those guys, love what the show did with them as well. Death has my favorite introduction, it just gives me chills every time that I see it. <3

I've noticed (end of the episode) that though they tried to make them seem interesting, Tamara and Isaac weren't really interesting characters. Kinda felt like they were plopped into the show as space fillers or something. I mean, Tamara was just anger and Isaac was your obligatory asshole they need every few episodes, but other than that it felt like they weren't important to the plot in the slightest

Millenium Joker said:
I've noticed (end of the episode) that though they tried to make them seem interesting, Tamara and Isaac weren't really interesting characters. Kinda felt like they were plopped into the show as space fillers or something. I mean, Tamara was just anger and Isaac was your obligatory asshole they need every few episodes, but other than that it felt like they weren't important to the plot in the slightest

I don't honestly believe they were meant to be important. Rather then to just show the different type of Hunters out there, and how they all have their own way of going about things. I see it has just a reminder that Dean and Sam are not the only Hunters out there, that there a lot more.

Zea said:
Millenium Joker said:
I am so far, but I'm waiting for the season where they introduce the 4 Horsemen. Something about Pestilence kids... Freaked me the first time I saw him.

Ahhh! The Four Horsemen! I love those guys, love what the show did with them as well. Death has my favorite introduction, it just gives me chills every time that I see it. <3

I love death, but pestilence was my favorite, because Matt Frewer is one of my favorite actors. His voice is so soothing to me for some reason, probably because he was in most of my favorite movies as a kid.

And here we go with another character I don't feel was necessary. Bela. It feels like she's just there just to irritate the Winchester brothers, and that's about it.

I actually felt like she was necessary for the show, and did add a bit to it. It was another obstacle and challenge for Dean and Sam. She helped them and used them, she also gave a bit of insight towards Lilith. So I actually liked the role she played in the show. But of course that is just my opinion. : 3

I felt like as a human obstacle, yes, she did the job well. But overall, she was irritating and pointless. Yah, the whole Lilith thing was helpful to her pros, but given that the Winchesters are doing such important work and she just holds them back.... Meh.

It was a few seasons ago during the armagedon crisis. It was a couple of episodes the writer chuck who was writing books about SAM and deans life im trying not too say too much in case some one is starting to watch from the Beginning and hasn't seen them yet.

Millenium Joker said:
@_@

I'm lost now. Haven't watched in days, just started season 4

Yay! You made it! Everything picks up speed from there, in my opinion. Seasons 4 and 5 are the ones you wanna get to.

Still addicted to this thing like mad. Holding off watching season 8 for a little while longer, although I fight with Megstiel supporters on Tumblr regardless.

Has anyone read the novels? I'm working my way through them chronologically.

There's Nevermore by Keith R.A. DeCandido that has more of a detective story slant to it and the supernatural aspect is kind of tacked on like an afterthought. Still, if you like the boys and you like mysteries then it's good.

Then there's Bone Key, also written by DeCandido, which is very campy and almost cheesy(just think talking old-timey celebrity ghosts who give the guys advice on the case they're working) but it's well written and keeps them in character.

Unholy Cause by Joe Schreiber is very good with a heavy build up and is a lot more dire than the other two; it feels like a weird tacked on "other end of the world thing" that when paired with the TV series seems like it should have been mentioned at some point(because things get that big and crazy at some points). If you like that "race-against the clock" end-times thing paired with Civil War history then you'll like it.

Then there's Witch's Canyon by Jeff Mariotte. Don't. Don't read that shit. Jeff doesn't know how to write. Not only were the dialogue parts really awkward and clunky for the characters but it was like, "Not only would Sam and Dean never say this shit but NOBODY fucking talks like that naturally". There's just no charisma or natural observation in the descriptions or dialogue; it's like ole Jeff is a recluse who watches '70s and 80's sitcoms all day and that's his only base of reference on how people are supposed to act towards each other. Plus, it's a very confusing and frustrating mystery that ends anticlimactically.

Still working through the others. If you've read any of them, feel free to post your opinion(but keep spoilers in tags if you're going to talk about it, please).

Rudolph Quin said:
Millenium Joker said:
@_@

I'm lost now. Haven't watched in days, just started season 4

Yay! You made it! Everything picks up speed from there, in my opinion. Seasons 4 and 5 are the ones you wanna get to.

As mentioned, the episode where Dean is infected with the fear virus is my new favorite. Jensen Ackles is awesome when he's being hilarious.

Haha, yeah that episode is awesome :D

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!"
sighs and swallows
"That was scary.."

^.^

Did you see the eye of the tiger piece afterwards?

A part of me couldn't stop laughing at his little Eye of the Tiger bit, but another part of me was screaming "A MINT CONDITION 1974 IMPALA, YOU FUCK, STOP STANDING ON THE FUCKING WINDOW!!!"

Back
Top Bottom