Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Probably betraying how trashy my TV tastes are, but...

Not many users from the UK here, huh? Or there are, and they have better tastes in TV. It's a whodunnit from Eastenders, which is a cheesy but really entertaining soap here. I can't really be bothered to explain it in full so in case you're interested: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/02/21/eastenders-17m-tune-in-to-find-out-who-killed-archie-mitchell-115875-22058180/">http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... -22058180/</a><!-- m -->

kikora said:
Even if someone lives in the UK you should have the decency to tell people what you're talking about :S

With someone who does live in the UK, it'd be a case of living under a rock if they hadn't heard of it. As the link provided says, 17 million people watched the one where they revealed his killer. It's also been talked about by every newspaper, news agency and broadcasting system for the last two months. Even the BBC have run loads of stories on it.

LittleBitCheeky said:
kikora said:
Even if someone lives in the UK you should have the decency to tell people what you're talking about :S

With someone who does live in the UK, it'd be a case of living under a rock if they hadn't heard of it. As the link provided says, 17 million people watched the one where they revealed his killer. It's also been talked about by every newspaper, news agency and broadcasting system for the last two months. Even the BBC have run loads of stories on it.
Its just more polite to tell what your talking about instead of thinking that everyone knows what your talking about.

To compare, it'd be like in America a couple decades back going "Who shot JR?" or that whole "It was all a dream and Bobby's alive and in the shower!" kind of thing. Except, more a British kind of deal.

Seriously, though, 90% of the site never even heard of the Eastenders before this post. I know it did good numbers and was all over the British media, but when you're addressing a largely American audience, unless you're sure a bunch of them watch BBC America, you're going to get a bit "What?" reaction. Sorry.

Mr Master said:
To compare, it'd be like in America a couple decades back going "Who shot JR?" or that whole "It was all a dream and Bobby's alive and in the shower!" kind of thing. Except, more a British kind of deal.

Seriously, though, 90% of the site never even heard of the Eastenders before this post. I know it did good numbers and was all over the British media, but when you're addressing a largely American audience, unless you're sure a bunch of them watch BBC America, you're going to get a bit "What?" reaction. Sorry.

Probably right there. I don't think Eastenders is even on BBCA anyway, they usually go for better telly like Being Human and Life on Mars hehe

Pistol Kiss said:
LittleBitCheeky said:
kikora said:

Its just more polite to tell what your talking about instead of thinking that everyone knows what your talking about.

My sincerest apologies. On Christmas Day 2009 the evil landlord of the Queen Vic pub, Archie Mitchell, was murdered. Quickly the suspects began to gather! Was it the mild-mannered Bradley Branning, whose fiancee Stacey Archie had raped? Was it his daughter Ronnie, who Archie lied to about her daughter being dead? Was it wife Peggy, the rightful owner of the Queen Vic and his recently-divorced wife? Was it Janine, his young wife he conned into getting him the Vic and promptly dumped? Was it Phil, the hard-case protector of his mum Peggy? Or, and here was my theory, was it Phil's brother Grant, the true tough guy of the family, come back from Brazil to sort business out permanently? In the end it turned out to be Stacey herself, getting revenge for her attack.

Nothing of much value, but it's been discussed in so many magazines, newspapers and news reports (I even heard Gordon Brown was asking aides the result) that it's a perfect conversation starter.

Back
Top Bottom