Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fallen from Grace (Myself, Chrono Trigger)

Mike hated the feel of the IVs coming out of his arms, but it was over fast. He watched everyone leave then looked over to his clothes. He stretched a little before sitting up and grabbing his clothes but he felt like something wasn't right at the moment. He thought for a bit and knew there was only one explanation. He started to dress as he spoke out. "I can tell something is bothering you, Serenity. What is it?"

" Just the way that nurse smiled at you.. You see I've been watching you for a very long time, I guess you could say that in that time I developed feelings for you." Serenity said as she bit her lip, made herself visible to him once again no one else could see her though. She looked down at the floor, hoped he would understand where she was coming from or at least see things from her point of view. Even though she had told him how she died she hadn't told him that he was actually born that same year. The blond angel wanted to know love,she wanted to experience things she hadn't gotten a chance to but to do so she would have to disobey god or choose her own path in order to fall from grace.

Mike was a bit surprised at her words, wondering if it was possible for an angel to even have such feelings like love and jealousy. He hadn't ever had anyone tell him those things either and so it was new to him. He was silent for a moment, letting it all piece together in his mind before he spoke. "But we wouldn't be able to share love even if I did feel for you as well." He wasn't sure what he felt about her. Sure, she was beautiful so he had a crush. And yes, she has been saving his life over and over which made him fall for her a bit, but was it to the point where he had feelings of wanting to spend life with her? He wasn't sure since he'd never experienced that sort of thing before.

" it is possible, if I were to choose my own path. Or reveal myself to every human here my wings would be clipped, I would be human again." Serenity said as she thought about the risk, she wanted to know if he felt the same so she walked toward him. Placing her and on the side of his face she pressed her lips against his, pulled back quickly as that same nurse walked in with his discharge papers. This time serenity didn't vanish she made sure the nurse could see her.

"That doesn't sound too great... To have your wings clipped." As he said that, he noticed Serenity walking towards him. And soon enough he once more felt her touch and her lips against his this time. It was fast before she pulled away so he had no chance to respond since the nurse had walked in, so it only left him a bit more confused. He looked the papers over and began to sign them. "Glad to see I'm fine and can go."

The nurse had left the room with the papers once he had signed them, she paid no attention to the woman in white. Serenity felt the nurse bump her but apparently the nurse couldn't see her, she shrugged then walked toward him again. She pressed her lips against his once again, pulled back but this time she made sure he had a chance to respond. The blond was used to being invisible, she thought maybe the nurse was just focused on other things. She shrugged it off, waited for Michael to reply glad he could go home, she wondered how he was going to get there since his car was back at the airport. Biting her lip she looked down at the floor, placed a strand of hair behind her ear letting a sigh escape her lips.

The nurse had left and Serenity's lips had met his once again. When she pulled away this time, he didn't wait for very long after to pull her back close to him. His arms wrapped around her waist as he pressed his lips to her own. He wasn't sure what he was doing, more rather...why, but he felt like he wanted this. He didn't pull away from the kiss either, wanting it to last for some time, even moving back on the bed to allow her to join him without breaking the kiss.

Serenity wrapped her arms around her neck, continued to kiss him it didn't matter that she was in the same hospital she had died in. The young angel knew she was falling in love even though she had always been in love with him that feeling was growing stronger, she didn't know what to do. She knew if she stayed visible to only him she could keep her wings but if she made herself visible to everyone her wings would be clipped or if she chose her own destiny she could fall from grace which is what she was thinking because either way she would be human again, she was aware she might not age normally like a regular mortal but she could deal with that. The blond wanted to be with Michael, she would do whatever it took in order to do so because she knew he was her soul mate no matter what.

Mike felt her arms wrap around his neck and thus he deepened the kiss even more. He kept it going for another good while before slowly and reluctantly pulling away. He was breathing a little heavy and still a bit surprised. His eyes didn't leave her own as his fingers trailed along her back. "We should get to my house. I'm sure we won't have privacy here forever." Thoughts were racing through his mind, but he was going to take things as they came to him.

'' Okay but how will we get there? Your car is at the airport.'' Serenity said as she smiled a little she liked his place it was nice, private. The young blond wanted to be with him, she wanted it to work with him but she knew certain things were impossible. She wanted to be human again, she wanted to be able to have children but unless she found away to fall from grace she would never have that luxury even with Michael. Falling from grace was a powerful journey, in order to do so one would have to be reassigned which is the last thing she wanted. She knew that as long as he could touch her she was human to him, a thought occurred to her but she didn't know how possible it was.

Mike thought about it for a moment about what to do about getting home. The airport and his house was a bit of ways away. "Guess we can take a taxi or walk.." He sighed a little and rose to his feet. "Which would you like to do?" He tilted his head a little and checked his pockets for more money for a taxi if they were going to take one.

'' A taxi is fine, well we should go.'' Serenity said as she opened the door, walked out into the hall. She had no wings well she did but they were hidden from the human eye, only when she wanted them to appear they did otherwise it was basically like she had a tattoo along her shoulders. She bit her lip as she looked around the hospital, realized no one else could see her which confused her just a little because she'd thought she had made it so everyone could see her. As she stood in the middle of the hall way outside his room a nurse walked right through her, she wondered if Michael was the only person that could physically touch her which also confused her a little she was easily confused.

Mike walked out of the hospital room and looked to Serenity. He noticed that no one even looked at her and she seemed confused as ever. He scratched the back of his head a little and then smiled at her. "Let's get home, alright?" He took her hand and started for the hospital exit. He was ready to get home and actually relax, not just sit in a hospital. He wasn't sure if he had a job still or not, but knew he'd have at least another week before he'd have to return.

'' Sounds good.'' Serenity said as she smiled a little, looked down at her hand in his. She loved how nice his skin felt against hers, she was really debating on what she wanted to do because falling from grace was a very long process. The young angel knew that if she wanted to fall from grace she would have to be sent on a special journey then choose her own path, she didn't want to deal with the long journey to figure out what she wanted. She knew she wanted to be with Michael, if her wings were clipped they were clipped she knew she could always get them back she just didn't want to leave his side cause she'd been with him for so long.

Mike got them a taxi and helped her into the car, following in behind her. He then relaxed a bit and told the taxi driver where to go. He looked over to Serenity with a smile. It wasn't long before they'd arrived home and he paid the taxi driver with what money he had left in his pockets. He got out and unlocked the house door, waiting for Serenity to go in, walking in behind her. "Welcome home... Which I'm sure you already know all about."

Serenity smiled as she bit her lip, nodded her head. She did know the house, she had been with him during every decision he made in his life. " I know it's a personal question.. But why are you still single? I mean your very handsome, could easily get a girl, the nurse tonight seemed to think you were pretty cute. Sorry I know I just overstepped my bounds as your guardian angel.." She said as she bit her lip, looked down at the floor feeling like she had stuck her nose where it didn't belong.

Mike shrugged a little to her question and was silent for a moment. He took a seat and sighed, trying to figure it out. "I really don't know. I never really asked anyone and no one asked me." He smiled a little and looked at her. "It was a bit obvious with the nurse after a bit, but you certainly jumped right in." He laughed softly and placed his hand gently on the top of her head. "Who knows, maybe you'll get what you want?"

" Maybe.. But she seemed really sweet, she actually hasva pulse.." Serenity said as she pouted a little, looked down she knew what he meant but she didn't think falling in love with him was part of her job. She chewed on her lower lip, placed a strand of blond hair behind her ear clearly she was very confused right now.

Mike saw her confusion and that she was a bit upset. He thought for a moment then gently took her hand and brought her closer to him. He then lifted her face gently by her chin and pressed his lips close to hers to kiss her. After a short moment, he wrapped his arms around her waist and closed his eyes.

Serenity blinked a few times when she felt his lips against hers again, as he wrapped his arms around her she smiled watching him she smiled. She felt comfortable in his arms, she wanted to be human again she wanted to experience all the things she hadn't gotten the chance to. The blond pressed her lips against his again, was hoping that the longer she was visible to him the more she would feel human but she also had a feeling that she would never get a second chance at her life. She was in love, she knew that Michael needed to be with someone that could give him a family someday which was one thing she didn't think she could do especially being an angel it was nearly impossible.

Mike pulled away for a moment and then removed his shirt and pants, leaving him in just his boxers. He crawled onto his bed and moved under the covers and wondered if she was going to join him or not. He pulled the covers away a little to show he was inviting her to join him and smiled to her. "Come and lay with me." He hoped she would join him. He wasn't fully sure what she was thinking, but she had made it obvious that she did want to be with him.

Serenity smiled when he pulled the covers back, invited her to lay with him. She crawled up to the other side, looked into his eyes as she laid her head on his chest. Pressing her lips against his again she slid her hand down his arm, laced her fingers with his with a smile on he face as she broke the kiss again. " I've always watched you sleep, often wondered what you dream about because you always look so peaceful." She said as she caressed his cheek with her thumb, she knew she was really falling in love with him even if she had been in love with him since the beginning of his life on earth or even before that.

Mike squeezed her hands gently when she interlaced their fingers together. He listened to her words and was a little unsure if he wanted to smile about her having watched him sleep all the time or feel awkward. But then he remembered it was a part of her job and smiled, giving her a small kiss. He gently bit her chin and then kissed it. "Well, it's nice to know that someone was always there for me."

Serenity smiled as she rubbed his chest with her other hand she was clearly happy that she could finally feel his embrace, as he kissed her chin she blushed a little then kissed him back. She loved her job she just wished she had gotten a chance to experience her life before it was taken from her so soon, if Michael was the only person that could see her there was no way he could take her home to his folks. Biting her lip once she had pulled away from the kiss she rested her head on his chest as she held his hand, tried to come up with a way for everyone to see her besides having her wings clipped but she was drawing a huge blank.

Back
Top Bottom