Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Unlikely Damsel in Distress (BassEXE and hazeldrips)

hazeldrips

Moon
Despite being a peaceful creature, Hazel had known nothing but running, hiding and fighting her entire life. She had a primarily humanoid appearance (save for her bright red ears and large, fluffy tail), yet nobody ever seemed to see her as remotely human. She was always an outcast. A freak. A monster. But she could never understand just what it is that she did wrong. She never hurt anyone, she was kind and tried her best to fit in.. so why did they always treat her like she was so different from the rest of them?

She did her best to hide and flee, trying to avoid the judgmental stares and harsh words, but it was hard trying to survive on her own. Hazel didn't fit in with the real monsters, either; they attacked her just as they did to every other human. It was sad in the most ironic ways..

It seemed like wherever she went, nobody ever gave her a chance.

- - - - - - - - - -​

The redhead did eventually learn more and more tricks to get by. Her current location, a large, lush forest near the border of two nearby towns was filled with various goodies to eat. It wasn't exactly a meal fit for a king, but she had learned to find peace with nature (the only thing that really ever accepted her..) and despite her hardship, learned to appreciate even the small things in life.

She smiled lightly to herself, continuing to pick little purple berries from a small berry bush that she had stumbled on. Hazel nibbled on one and made a pleased sound as the sweet taste filled her mouth. There were plenty of berries here, enough to last her a few days along with the rest of what she had.

Her ears perked when she heard a soft rustle in the distance, though when she noticed a group of deer emerging from that direction, she simply wrote it off with smile. If only she knew that it wasn't the deer who had made that sound..

hazeldrips said:
Despite being a peaceful creature, Hazel had known nothing but running, hiding and fighting her entire life. She had a primarily humanoid appearance (save for her bright red ears and large, fluffy tail), yet nobody ever seemed to see her as remotely human. She was always an outcast. A freak. A monster. But she could never understand just what it is that she did wrong. She never hurt anyone, she was kind and tried her best to fit in.. so why did they always treat her like she was so different from the rest of them?

She did her best to hide and flee, trying to avoid the judgmental stares and harsh words, but it was hard trying to survive on her own. Hazel didn't fit in with the real monsters, either; they attacked her just as they did to every other human. It was sad in the most ironic ways..

It seemed like wherever she went, nobody ever gave her a chance.

- - - - - - - - - -​

The redhead did eventually learn more and more tricks to get by. Her current location, a large, lush forest near the border of two nearby towns was filled with various goodies to eat. It wasn't exactly a meal fit for a king, but she had learned to find peace with nature (the only thing that really ever accepted her..) and despite her hardship, learned to appreciate even the small things in life.

She smiled lightly to herself, continuing to pick little purple berries from a small berry bush that she had stumbled on. Hazel nibbled on one and made a pleased sound as the sweet taste filled her mouth. There were plenty of berries here, enough to last her a few days along with the rest of what she had.

Her ears perked when she heard a soft rustle in the distance, though when she noticed a group of deer emerging from that direction, she simply wrote it off with smile. If only she knew that it wasn't the deer who had made that sound..

There was a man walking through the forest. His name was Jake Aurion. He was a local mercenary hired to kill this fox monster. He had a head of crimson hair that fell to the middle of his neck, and piercing ic blue eyes. He also had a handsome body, slightly muscular. He silently strode through the undergrowth, and froze when he saw the kitsune. "She's...beautiful...." He murmured.

She continued picking berries, carefully placing them all in a small, make-shift basket she had made out by weaving grass together. Hazel hummed quietly to herself, fluffy tailing swaying back and forth as she worked. Distracted by her work, it took her a moment for her brain to register the footsteps behind her.

When she finally did turn around, her red eyes widened in fear. She looked like a deer caught in the headlights; body completely stiff, face pale and red eyes swirling with emotion. Hazel noted his appearance, a lump forming in her throat as she noticed the weapons he was carrying. He was definitely some sort of hunter or warrior, and if he was here in the forest, then that could only meaning one thing: he was hunting her.

She took one small step back, eyes still fixed on him with every step she took, before bolting into the woods, hoping to outrun him and hide.

"No wait! Come back!" Jake shouted as he sprinted after her, trying to keep up. "I just wanna talk!" He explained, keeping her in his vision. His garments were a red t-shirt, jeans, boots, and a black leather jacket. He desperately hoped he could catch her.

How could they? She was definitely no monster. Why would they send him after her? It didn't seem right.

She was gorgeous. But why was he getting so flustered? His face felt warm. He was blushing.

She heard his calls but she dare not turn around. Hazel didn't know why he was actually trying to talk with her.. maybe it was a trick? Nobody had ever tried to pretend to befriend her before, but she knew better than to trust humans, especially when they were currently chasing you with a variety of weapons hanging on their side.

The redhead stumbled behind a tree, sharp nails nervously digging into the thick wood as she pressed herself up against it, trying to slow her breathing so that he wouldn't be able to hear her. She'd learned long ago that simply running wasn't enough to escape a skilled hunter.. she'd have to try and hide and hope that he would think that he lost her. 'Please.. please don't find me..' she thought desperately.

Jake sighed. "I know....*huff* that you're back there. If it makes you feel any better..." He removed his weapons and put them a few feet from himself. "Can you please come out? I was tricked. I was looking for a monster, but it seems the "monster" was incredibly close to being a human. I won't do it. I refuse." He said, pacing the ground.

Hazel slowly slid down the tree until she was on the ground, totally dejected. "I'm still a monster." she murmured quietly, though still loud enough for him to hear. She was so good at outrunning those other Hunter's before, but perhaps she just wasn't meant to run any longer. The least she could do was try and give in instead of resisting.

The redhead slowly got up, at first only peaking out from behind the tree, but eventually made her way out into the clear. Her face was still pale from fear, though now she looked more sullen than anything. Her tail was wrapped around her protectively. "If you need to kill me.. will you please do it quickly? You don't need to pretend to be my friend. I promise I won't run anymore.." she said weakly, staring up at him with tired red eyes. It was so hard to trust anyone when she was let down this much.

Jake took in a sharp breath. He blushed brightly before stepping towards her. He slowly brought his hand up and caressed your cheek. "No....I'm not going to kill someone like you..." He whispered.

She nearly jumped at his touch, her own face slowly turning bright pink as she stared at him with wide eyes. "W.. what.." Hazel was at a loss for words for a moment, utterly confused by his actions. Wasn't he just toying with her? Trying to pretend to be her friend so that she would let down her guard? But then why was he touching her like that?

She fidgeted awkwardly, glancing away as she was unable to look him in the eyes without getting even more embarrassed. Hazel hesitantly reached up to brush his hand aside, trying to ignore the pleasant tingle she felt from touching him. "You.. you really shouldn't touch me.. if any of the villagers found out, they'd probably try to attack you, too. I don't want you getting hurt because of me.."

Jake simply blushed. "Let 'em attack. I'll do what I want." He replied soothingly, pulling his hand away. "You're amazingly beautiful. And those ears and that tail.....so cute..." He blushed, reaching to stroke her tail. "My name's Jake Aurion." He smiled softly, brushing his hand against her tail.

She was slightly taken aback by his words, not used to seeing somebody so.. nonchalant about it, especially in regards to her of all people. "Oh, well.. if you're sure.." she mumbled, still a bit dazed from it. Hazel's cheeks reddened at the compliment, and she let out a mixture of a surprised gasp and a small meep as he hand brushed against her tail. "A-ah.. please, be careful, my tail is.. sensitive." although it was really no different from petting a cat, she was afraid to admit that sometimes, stroking a tail like hers could also cause other sensations as well, even if only once and a blue moon..

"But it's nice to meet you, Jake." she smiled up at him, her tail starting to sway side to side happily. "I'm Hazel. And sadly I don't have a last name like regular humans, because, well.." her smile started to turn a little side. "Because I'm a monster and all that.."

Jake smiled softly. "You aren't a monster to me." He pulled away from her tail. He walked to a tree and leaned against it. "So where are you from?" He asked. He reached into a satchel and brought out a turkey sandwich wrapped in burlap. He handed it to her. "Here. Should taste better than berries." He grinned.

"Mm.. I'm not really sure I'm from." she frowned slightly, finding a tree of her own to lean against. Gazing up at the sky through the trees, she continued. "I grew up on a mountain.. the person who took care of me told me never to come down, but one day, when I was just a child, I did. I ran into a group of nearby villagers, and.." pausing, she glanced away. "..Well.. that was when I found out why my caretaker wanted me to stay in the mountains."

Hazel's ears peaked up when she noticed the sandwich and she took it happily, nearly scarfing it down in one bite. When she realized what she had done, her cheeks reddened and she laughed awkwardly. "S-sorry.. I just haven't had normal food in a really long time.." she handed the cloth back to him. "What about you? What is your town like?" she asked curiously.

Jake chuckled when she scarfed it down. He took the cloth back and smiled. "It's okay. I understand." He then sighed happily. "You know...I haven't been home in two years. I've written and everything, but I miss my family." He smiled at her. "You would love the village. You see, I think it's the only village where monsters and humans live together in harmony." He said happily.

"You mean.. such a place exists?" she stared at him with wide eyes. After all Hazel had experienced she.. almost couldn't believe it. "Where is this town?"

Back
Top Bottom