Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sorcceress's Appretntice (Myself, Jugger82)

Nathan smiled, happy to see that she was happy with a smile on her face. He stood up and walked over to her, and stood next to her. "Hey...why don't I clean the dishes? You made me breakfast. I'll clean up. Don't worry about it. I insist." Nathan urged with a smile on his face as he began to start washing the dishes with the bucket of water that was nearby. "You should probably get a few minutes of rest or find the spellbook you'll want me to memorize. I'll have these done by the time you get back. Okay?"

'' Thank you Nathan.'' Emerita said with a smile as she walked over to the book shelf, looked through her books then found the perfect one. She set it on the table, sat down opening it to the very 1st page. The brunette sorceress knew that the spells in the book she had set on the table were certainly more complicated cause some of them she didn't even have down, she'd been practicing for quite awhile now. She placed a strand of hair behind her ear, smiled at the two pets still on the table shaking her head she watched Nathan from the table with a grin on her face.

He smiled when he noticed that she was grinning at him. "Whats wrong? Found a good spell?" He said as he stood up and walked over to Emerita, looking at the first page of the spell book. "What about this one?" He asked as he reached down past her and pointed to the spell that he was talking about. It was an animation spell. It allowed inanimate objects to temporarily become 'alive' for one whole minute. "Sounds like something out of a fantasy story, don't it?"

" Sure give it a shot, yeah I suppose it does.'' Emerita said with a smile on her face as she placed a lose curl behind her ear she remembered using the spell once to clean up the house because she was really tired, it had worked but the second time she used it it backfired so she was a little scared of it. She was very proud of Nathan so far he was turning out to be very good at the spells, she wasn't to concerned with his powers she figured he would develop those on his own. The brunette sorceress had been young when she discovered her own, she could use her magic for whatever reason she desired but the idea of her ancestor falling in love with his then being with child when she died lingered in her mind. She couldn't figure out how the child survived if her ancestor had been burned to a crisp, it really confused her but she pushed it all aside.

He nodded and began to speak the language that the words were written in. Unlike his beginning attempts, he could speak the words fluently now so it would not require him to have multiple attempts. He used the spell on the chair that Emerita was sitting on, and soon the chair came to life and began to bounce around as it moved, sending Emerita to the rodeo as she bumped up and down on the chair until she'd either fall off or get off. Nathan grinned and soon laughed. "So-Sorry! I couldn't resist to tease you like that, Emmy!"

'' It's quite alright, no one has ever called me Emmy.. Except never mind. '' Emerita said as she stood up, walked back to her bed room. She sat down on the bed, looked at the floor as tears started to run down her face. The only person that had ever called her Emmy had been her little brother, he had died when he was two years old so she never heard the name again until now. She missed her family, Nathan was like family to her in a way least for now he was but she felt lonely. All her ancestors or relatives were dead either they had died of old age or they had been killed like her parents who had been beheaded in front of her, she'd had nightmares for months. Of course she had watched her mother try several magical ways to bring her brother back to life but none of them had worked, outside in the garden was where he was buried along with her parents.

Nathan felt like something was wrong...like he said something he should never have said to her before. He stood up once the chair became inanimate once more and began to walk to her room. "Ema...?" He called out into her room, knocking on it loud enough for her to hear if she was awake. "Are you alright? Ema open the door...did I do something wrong? What happened?" He wanted her to feel better...He felt guilty for making her sad. It seemed like she was. The context of what she said mixed in with her leaving to her room so suddenly made him feel like it was his fault.

'' It's open you can come in.'' Emerita said as she bit her lip, tried to wipe her tears but she failed. She knew she would have to explain why she had run off, she didn't mind she would feel better if she talked to someone about it anyways. The brunette sorceress had no pictures of her family because the camera hadn't been invented yet, all she had were memories as well as the amulet around her neck that had belonged to her mother. She wondered if some how his powers were connected to his ancestor's medallion, if it was why he hadn't discovered his powers yet. Pushing that aside she continued to wipe her tears away but all she could think about was her little brother, how he was the only one that had ever called her Emmy.

Nathan slowly opened the door and peeked inside to see her wiping away her tears. He frowned...and slowly approached her. "Ema..." He said softly and reached forward, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into a nice big hug. "Ema...Its okay...Just let it out...You don't have to tell me whats wrong, but just let it out...I'm sorry for causing you to become sad..." His hands rubbed up and down her back gently, trying to calm down his mentor. "Is there anything I can do to help you, Ema?"

'' I'm fine, I don't mind telling you why I'm sad. I had a little brother, he always called me Emmy. My name was his 1st word, it made my parents furious but he died when he was two years old. We tried everything well my mother tried everything to bring him back but nothing worked, when you called me Emmy it brought back old memories. I don't think you can help me because he's been dead for to long, magic never worked before why would it work now? '' Emerita asked as she leaned against him, she was really starting to doubt her own power if her mother couldn't bring her brother back when he died there was no way she could bring him back now he had been dead for to long besides she hated the dark magic.

"I...I see..." He murmured silently to her and held her some time longer. "I'll...leave you to be alone for a bit. Just come find me when you need me..." He said and kissed her on the forehead gently before leaving. He went to the study, and began to start rummaging through books. He was determined...if he was supposed to be some powerful wizard, then he sure as hell was sure he could perform any spell if he tried hard enough. "Aha...!" He said as he found a darker looking book of necromancy. He looked through it...and soon found a resurrection spell that worked...only with a sacrifice. "Damn...Damn!" HE cried out, and slammed his hands down on the table he was using to read the book. "I can't...sacrifice someone...! Dammit...there has to be something else..."

After sometime to herself Emerita finally walked out of her bedroom, sat down at the table. '' It's not worth all the hassle, dark magic is how your ancestor got himself killed. I miss my little brother but I don't want you to even dabble in that kind of magic, I'm also perfectly fine now.'' She said as she placed a strand of hair behind her ear, noticed that Shadow was no longer laying on the table with Talon underneath her paws. The brunette sorceress pushed that from her mind as she stayed focused on teaching Nathan she had a feeling he would be very powerful but she didn't want him to meet the same fate his ancestor had.

"I thought you said my ancestor was killed because he used magic in general; beheading and burned so that he could not have his witchly powers bring him back to life or something...Thats how the book foretold of his death." He replied and walked out with her, wondering what he could have done to help Emerita. He...He wished that she didn't have so many pains in her life to make her feel that way.

" Well that's only part of it.. He was killed because he used dark magic, got caught. Don't believe me Talon knows more then I do, he can clear things up for you. I'm fine really it's been years since my brother died, I miss him but I would never want him to have to suffer like he did before he died. " Emerita said as she sighed, she called for talon hoping he could shed some more light on why his ancestor had been killed.

Nathan sighed and nodded. "Alright Ema..." He remained silent as he sat back in the chair and simply looked at the dark book. "Dark Magic...Bah...I wanted to help you but it seems I was able to stoop so low as to go toward the dark magic that our people have forbidden us to use...I don't want to die like my ancestor did before me. But I do want to do something to help you..."

" I'm fine really no need to worry, as long as I focus on the happy memories life is just grand. We should focus on some more advanced spells, stay away from the dark stuff. " Emerita said, she could hear noises outside but she figured it was just the animals playing or something but she was actually wrong.

Shadow had managed to recite a spell that turned her into a raven haired young woman, the way it worked Talon was no longer a hamster but in fact a man. The once black cat was very good at magic because she had turned herself into a cat when her own master had died the same way as Talon's master, she was actually the assistant to Emerita's ancestor but wanted to live so she turned herself into a cat. " You look very handsome my love." She said as she smirked, kissed Talon it was so much easier now.

"Yeah yeah...alright Ema..." He murmured in defeat as he looked down to the table, trying to think of some way he could make this up to her...to make her happy and forgive him entirely for making her recall such a horrible, horrible memory. Talon looked around as a sudden light engulfed him upon Shadow's spell. When he could see again, he saw he had...human fingers...!? He looked around and eventually found what he saw was his old lover. "Shadow..." He whispered in disbelief as he said before feeling her kiss his lips. "We're human once more...But how...? What was that spell you recited?"

'' I know that my brother is no longer sick where ever he is, I know he lives with in my heart. I'm sorry if I concerned you when I got upset earlier it's just that no one but my brother had ever called me Emmi, it didn't bring back bad memories it brought back good ones but he died so young that hearing his nickname for me was like I don't know odd. There is a spell, it's called a channeling spell it gives a witch or a warlock the ability to channel a spirit. That spirit can posses their body for only twenty four hours if it is summed right, if my brother was still alive he would be around your age.'' Emerita said smiling as she showed him the spell, placed the locket in the middle of the book after she opened it to a picture of her with her brother.

'' All I said was We were once animals now turn us back to our original forms, Well here we are. Perhaps we should find clothes it is rather drafty..'' Shadow said, she looked like she hadn't aged a day as a matter of fact she was technically younger then Emerita but much older cause she had been around a lot longer. Physically she looked nineteen but she was actually closer to a thousand years old.

"Well perhaps I would channel your brother's spirit rather than bring him back...Don't you think that'd be a suitable substitute? You'd get to be with your brother again for a whole day, Emma." He looked at the locket and the spell book's spell. The spell wasn't that complicated but he assumed it was trying to find the right spirit that was the complicated bit. "So is he forced to stay within my body for a whole twenty-four hours or would he be able to disembark early?"

"Hm....I don't mind the draft if you don't, my love." Talon said with a grin, eyeing her body up and down...having been so long since he had seen Shadow in the nude like this, it was appealing to him. "Though I suppose we SHOULD wear some clothes before our owners come and see us together like this, thinking we are two random humans who had wandered into their house to fornicate."

'' The spirit can disembark whenever it feels that it has been able to do what it was summoned to do.'' Emerita said as she lit a couple of candles, she could could hear mortal voices outside but she thought nothing of it she just focused on the spell knowing Nathan was capable of anything he put his mind to. She believed in him, she believed in his magic even if he hadn't shown any sign of magical abilities like she herself had.

Shadow smirked as she used an old conjuring spell, conjured up a dress for herself as well as some clothes for her lover. What she had conjured up were clothes that had once belonged to their masters, they looked nothing like their masters did back when they were alive. '' Now that were human again we can finally finish where we left off, start a family.'' The dark haired young witch said as she walked toward him after she had dressed herself, she placed her hand on his cheek as she pressed her lips against his she had really missed him.

He nodded to her. "Alright...Then here goes nothing..." He took a deep breath and relaxed, not hearing the two voices outside the room. He closed his eyes and began to recite the spell carefully and with precision. Then, he went into a trance, eyes open as he began to search for the soul of Emerita's brother. After about five minutes, eyes would glow white and his voice would change. "Emmy...?" It sounded just like her brother, though Nathan was not moving. Apparently he was only able to voice the spirit rather than have it physically control him.

----

Talon kissed her back tenderly as she kissed him, and wrapped his arms around her hips. He pulled her into his body and slowly pulled away from her, looking into her eyes. "We have another duty to attend to, however...We cannot start a family now. Maybe if we had been together after my master had first died we may have been together for many years...but now we are to serve Nathan and Emerita...You know this, correct? We also cannot stay human for long. We must return to what we were before. It will be easier on them...Though...There will be many chances for us to be human and enjoy each other."

'' Yes Steven I'm here. It's nice to hear your voice again.'' Emerita said as she smiled a little, tears welled up in her eyes as she continued to smile. She was crying happy tears, she knew that if her brother was in danger he would let her know but she could tell by the sound of his voice that he was content. She wasn't worried about him, she hadn't been for a long time because she knew wherever he was he was safe and healthy.

'' Your right my love. But 1st perhaps a spell to make more my animal type.'' Shadow said as she smiled, she kissed him one last time then said the same spell but turned him into a more suitable animal. She meowed as she licked his face then started back toward the cottage she was impressed with her magic, knew he would never leave her side especially that it was now possible for them to have a family as familiars when the right time came anyways.

"Emmy...Its dark here...I'm dead aren't I? I have been for a while...I can tell...I felt like I was in a deep sleep and suddenly I heard a man call out to me, saying I could meet you again...And now I feel like I'm someone I'm not...Whats happening...?" He seemed quizzitive about his situation but not frightened at all. He was just confused after being dead so long. "Oh...I'm sorry sister. I haven't even asked how you have been doing for these past few years...Are you doing okay?"

'' Yes Steven you are, his name is Nathan. He's my student, he used the channeling spell. Anyways little brother I've been good, if you want he can let you go. I love you Stevie, I know you'll always be with me.'' Emerita said as she smiled, wiped away her tears she would be fine knowing her brother was safe. She would mark the channeling spell as an only use when needed spell, she hoped it was never needed because she knew it was a very powerful spell. The brunette sorceress had been practicing magic since she was six because her mother had taught her all she knew, then when her parents died she was only thirteen years old which is when her powers manifested. She'd hidden herself until she learned of Nathan, then she made herself scarcely known to the towns people, took him in so she could teach him the craft like she had been taught.

"Bye Emmy...I love you, sis. Be happy with your life...I'll always be here for you." With that, the soul slowly departed and Nathan slowly returned to his conscious. He took a deep sigh and looked to Emerita, seeing she had been crying during the time they had been conversing as brother and sister. "Emma...Are you alright...? I'll give you some time to yourself...You probably need it." He stood up and patted her shoulder before departing outside, seeing the two cats, he was confused as to who the second one was. He shrugged it off, and headed toward his room for sleep.

Back
Top Bottom