Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Summer Time Lovin'. [Closed for Warr and hazeldrips]

Warr

Star
The sun shined. The grass green. The birds sang. A few wispy clouds gently lulled across the sky, however they didn't obscure any of the sunshine they were blessed.

He loved Summer.

Well, actually, he hated Summer. More of a Winter guy, but he'd be more than willing to convert to Summer if it meant spending more time with HER.

Alex sighed a little bit as he rested his hands on the back of his head, wearing nothing but a pair of swimming trunks, a pair of sunglasses and some sunscreen smeared on his otherwise pale skin. Alex was a somewhat handsome guy. With shaggy brown hair that sat atop his head, looking similar to perpetual bed head that refused to be combed or pressed down. His skin was a little pale, but not offensively so. He wasn't well built, but he still had a bit of muscle, but nothing to be really impressed at.

"Maybe this isn't so bad..." He chuckled, as he lifted up the sunglasses and looking up and around the pool. "Could get along with this...long as I got a good view to look at." He said with a little grin to himself and sat up again, looking about. "Hey, babe? Where are you?"

'Babe' just so happened to be a very, very lovely little lady he'd come across about...what, a week or so again? He felt a really good connection with the girl as well. She was beautiful, she was funny, pretty, very, very smart and...god, he was stunned she even accepted the date! And so, a few dates later, here they were, at his home, out for a swim and enjoying the day.

He slipped the sunglasses atop his head, pushing down the messy hair for a moment, but he knew it was all for naught.

Now where was she...

Hazel, on the contrary, actually loved the Summer. Sure, she was usually the type of girl who was easily drawn in by beautiful, snowy roads, cheery music, delicious hot cocoa and all the other delights that came with the Winter and early Spring months, but Summer was the only season that she really felt at ease in. It was a leisurely time for those who worked or went to school, yet it was also the season where most people decided to try and go make something of themselves, even if only for the next couple of months. It was a season of fun, friendship and family.. and in some cases, even love.

..Well, okay.. "love" usually ended up translating into "summer flings", but really, it was all the same to some people. She herself had spent most of the Spring focused on all of her important responsibilities, making sure to leave plenty of free time for the coming months so that she could actually take the time to enjoy the beautiful summer weather and everything it had to offer. It was hard work, but by the time Summer came around, it had all paid off.

Honestly, she hadn't really expected to get caught up in the whirlwind of "Summer lovin'" so quickly, but Hazel supposed these things just happened. Life often has its way of tossing all kinds of little surprises in your way, and this one certainly ended up being more than pleasant. He was a nice, delightfully charming guy. Simplistic in his own way, yet not overly so. The two had hit it off pretty quickly and hadn't really hesitated to explore their newfound connection, hence why she was currently at his house instead of hanging out by the local pool. (but boy, she sure didn't miss it)

It was her first time visiting his house, so naturally her curious side had managed to get the best of her. She wandered around by herself for a little while, looking up through the shady trees, poking at a few small pushes and kicking a pebble or two around as she walked. Hazel was thankful that she decided to pick a less restrictive swimsuit this summer, as today was a particularly hot day. It was simple yet elegant, hugging her slender frame nicely, the dull red color making a nice contrast to her fair skin and bright red hair.

The distant sound of Alex's voice calling for her caught her attention immediately and she was tempted to mentally smack herself upside the head for wandering off like that. She hadn't meant any harm by it, but it was a bit rude of her to leave her new friend by himself.

A small smile tugged against her glossed lips when she finally spotted Alex. "I'm sorry, I got a bit distracted. You have such a lovely house.." her smile turned slightly sheepish. Gaze wandering slightly to the left behind him, the redhead cocked her head to the side, bright red eyes shining with curiosity as she noted something behind him. "Are those.. water guns?" Hazel wasn't too big on water in general, yet ever since she could remember, they had been one of the few exceptions. She was no expert at the art of squirting water at people, but she sure did love the challenge. And if she had the chance to play a few rounds, right here, right now? You bet she was going to do it. "Of all the things to pick, it had to be water guns. I don't even know if I'd feel right playing against you.. it would be rude of me to wipe the floor with you in your own backyard." she giggled playfully.

He grinned back at her when she mentioned what a lovely house he had. It wasn't much, but it was inherited if anything. His grandfather left it in his will, and left the money to his folks. They were down in Florida, soaking up the rays and enjoying the summer off his Grandpa's coin, but that's what he intended eh? He got a house, and his folks got a nice long vacation, maybe even an early retirement. But he worked, and he worked hard to make sure he didn't fall into a sense of lull and laziness. However, he had quite a few weeks off thank GOD for that. So when he heard her compliment the house, it brought a smile to his face and a nod of his head.

"Ah, yeah, those.' Crap, did he really forget to put those away? He guessed he forgot to put them away after his neice and nephew were playing with them when he baby sat them a few weeks ago. He was ready to make up some excuse when she seemed to show interest in them, and rather than make an excuse, decided to work with it.

"Oh really?" He asked with a little smirk on his face as he reached down and grabbed the guns, lifting it up. Needed to be filled, but what else would the pool even be for? "You, my dear, think you can beat the likes of ME?" He grinned as he walked over to her and, sizing her up, handed her one of the guns. "I suggest you suit up so I can see just how good you are at this sort of thing." He teased/challenged/flirted with her. This was gonna be fun. A disaster, maybe, but hopefully more fun.

Maybe.

He seemed to think that she was teasing him for it initially, but she was thankful that he showed an equal amount of interest once she challenged him to a squirt gun fight. It had been awhile since she was able to to really just let loose and play a little, but who said that kids were the only ones that got to have all the fun? A small part of her was still a child at heart, and really, what better way to cool off than spray water at each other? It was a win-win situation.

"I could beat you in my sleep." she retorted, lips tugging upwards into a full grin. "But I promise that I'll go easy on you. I wouldn't want to bruise your poor ego or anything." Hazel took a quick glance at the gun in her hand, turning it slowly in order to get the feel of it. It wasn't like some of the ones she was used to, but it wouldn't take long for her to get the hang out it. After all, she had plenty of motive.

"Here, I'll even give you a little time to think up a good plan." giggling to herself, she found a good-sized bush nearby to hide behind for the moment. The redhead gave the squirt gun a few good bumps before peaking out, watching curiously to see what he had decided to do. To her surprise, he was already gone. Not knowing where he was gave her a slight feeling of excitement. She loved surprises, though in this case, she had no intentions of letting him win so easily. If he wanted to take the stealthy route, then she'd just have to be ready for him..
She listened carefully, bright red hues slowly scanning the area around her, lips drawing into a thin line out of concentration.

He was thankful she never heard the splash of him diving into the pool. He looked up at the mere chance of her peeking out, but alas, she never did. Great! She didn't hear him! He now had the element of surprise! He took that moment to fill up the gun and gave it a few quick pumps to make it nice and ready. He had to make sure he didn't make any splashes or make the water move in such a way that she'd see him.

Finally realizing, "Hey! Breathing is important!", he finally came up, slowly and carefully peeking out. His eyes narrowed at her as she eyed the surroundings, carefully watching him. He grinned to himself and lifted his upper body up onto the lip of the pool, grinning.

"Sneak attack!" He shouted, laughing as he pressed down on the trigger, shooting the stream of water directly at her back.

Back
Top Bottom