Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Révolution, Oublié temps (Nobility Roleplay!)

Arienne

Planetoid
img12.jpg

The Château de Chambord is an extremely large French castle that houses the monarchy during the French Renaissance. Members of the House of Gaspard live in the castle, as well as other members of the Royal Court and visiting nobility and aristocrats from around the world. In this royal court, the courtiers are more prone take pleasure from life rather than actively rule their people. And take pleasure they will! While they care about the people they govern, the nobles care more about themselves. Aside from your typical royal family (King, Queen, and their children), there are plenty of other roles that are active in the Castle. Royal siblings of the King and Queen (who may of may not try to take over the crown); a variety of children (with the same parents of perhaps different ones); an adviser to the King; female courtiers who try to earn the kings favour; Court Jester of Minstrels; Ladies in Waiting (must be of noble blood themselves!), maids, and various servant; Priests; Military Leaders and bodyguards; Visiting dignitaries, all levels of nobility, and many more possible roles. I would especially like there to be some artists, architects, and scientists, royal or not. There should be a maximum of three princes and princesses (6 total) that are children of the King and Queen, but no more. Exceptions can be made if only one of them is your biological parent, however I would only like to see that role filled after the max number of children of your characters gender have been taken.

This roleplay is set during the French Renaissance. However, this will be an alternate reality setting. This means that we will not be roleplaying historical events, people, and situations that actually happened in history. Characters and situations will be original. That said, please use your knowledge of history and nobility to inspire your characters, including their dress and behaviors. No one is expected to speak the same way they did, but your mannerisms, behaviors, etc, should reflect the era of the roleplay. For example, you would not walk up to the King and say, "Hey King, what's up?" Depending on the status of your character you might not speak to him at all as he passes. That said, there are some historical nuances that are unimportant for our purposes, and up to you if you want to include them. Please remember that even thought servants and ladies in waiting started at a very young age sometimes, the rules of the site are to be followed.
Plot Bunnies:
Of course there will be a larger plot that drives the game and smaller plots between small groups of characters.
The King and Queen are coming apart. She, born a true royal, married the King and he took over the throne. The King is the face of the Monarchy, but behind the scenes, things are quite different. While he is strong, he is not the country's true leader. The Queen is politically savvy and is the real leader of the country. However, the King publicly accepts credit for her leadership, causing a rift in the marriage. Many people see their failing marriage as a way to further personal interests, and are using the country's uncertainty to spark a revolution. The Monarchy is refusing to admit there is a possibility of a revolution, at least in public. They would prefer to deny all accusations to keep their people at peace as well as to keep up the facade that they are firmly in charge. Many members of the court believe the threat is real no matter how many reassurances they get, and will stop at nothing to procure their wealth and freedom. Alliances are being made, sinister plots are being arranged, everyone has nothing but their own interests in mind, and you can't trust anyone.

I would also like there to be one eldest child of the King and Queen (prince or princess) that is being pushed to find a spouse, due to the threat of war. The details of the plot are up to those involved.

Current characters:
The King
The Queen
A lady in waiting (who needs someone to wait on that is not the queen)
A villain

RE: Chantilly Castle: A Nobility Roleplay!

I can play the king. Lol. Although, as for plot. I do like how this can go. It feels like it can become a political, drama, action, romance. Much like game of thrones, without having to rp game of thrones. ^_^

I have never actually watched or read GoT, so I can hopefully say that it will be different. Maybe people would be more interested in GoT?

Thanks for your interest! Of course you want to be the King; he has it the best out of everyone. ;)

Oh, and your signature link isn't working for me!

Do you have an era in mind for this? Picking the right year can produce lots of drama for the nobility to be caught up in, of course this being France some years are better then others for the nobility.

I really do not have anything concrete decided yet. I would definitely be open to opinions. I plan to do some research and make more decisions on it tonight. If you have anything in mind that would be best, please let me know.

Well, two possibility's, 1) We make our own oc royal family. Or 2) we do a historical... Uhm, if we do historicle, will we use oc's? I already find it hard to play canoon, I WILL find it harder to play a PERSON, especially if he is a king. So maybe our own country? Maybe alternate dimension steam punk? Or alternate reality/history

If you go historical then forget about the royal family. There's always enough plotting and intrigues going on at lower levels. Or yes, go fantastical with steampunk or something else. You mostly just want to keep the aesthetics of a French Court. Hmm, perchance have you read the Kushiel's Legacy books at all?

I'd be intrested in this. though the Era would be a big decider on what kinda character I bring to the table.

Hmmmmm~ I never heard of that book but looking it up, makes me wanna pick it up for a nice read. :D

If this goes into a vote I say steampunk! Buuuuut~! In interest to not, control what the creator wants. I will await any next suggestions until she tells us what she feels on the subject of more fantastical with a french royal family.

The idea sounds interesting. I would have interest eventually.

I'm so glad that people are interested. I had originally thought that we could loosely use a historical time period but the characters would be individually created. However, I am really open to anything.

While I guess technically I am the creator I want to do what other people also want to do. I can't say I know much about steam punk as a literary genre (and not as a fashion style) other than the fact that it takes place in the Victorian era and includes advanced technology and possibly the supernatural.

I think the steampunk theme with aspects of a Victorian royal court is interesting.

I don't know enough about steampunk to come up with plot bunnies, though.

Well, steampunk can always be made into your own thing. It is not so much a genre but more of an interesting what if. For example, what if in the victorina ages, we had giant floating ships, that fly on solar sails. And robots, robotics, cybernetics, magic, supernatural. See, not that hard. Just showcase, and create your world as it goes on, with more fantastical things! A good example is Alice In Wonderland. Not in setting, but in theory. Alice in wonderland is a cookey story, with unimaginable, imagination. Crazyness galore. Just grab something impossible, and make it possible! Grab something cool, or lame, and make it cooler! It is like making an original sci fi, but you put the sci fi in a historical setting. There is, however a specific look and vibe people use to recognize steam punk. But to me, it is more about how the story and setting works, and not so much the look.

Addlepated grief: He is dead and gone lady, he is dead and gone! At his head a grass green turf, at his heel a stone.

*Cricket noise......* Hello, hello, hello,....? Is anybody out there?

Lol listening to Pink Floyd. But, I digress. Is anyone still interested in this or did this just flop out? Just wondering because no one is... Talking. Not even the owner.

I'd be interested in playing a princess, or a rather *upper class* lady who needs put in her place!

I was interested in this idea when I first saw it go up, but I thought I wait a bit till either more players or details came up on the role play and plot.

I like to maybe play as either the head butler or maid, that is privilege to a bunch of the secrets that are floating around. Or maybe the Seneschal to the King.

I'm still here. I'm just not sure how successful I'd be at spearheading this roleplay, since I'm new and still getting acquainted with the site. I am definitely still interested in doing it, and it seems that there are... seven(?) interested people. I think that is definitely enough to start.
However now that I think about it, I would prefer to do a Renaissance era roleplay rather than steam punk Victorian. I'm just not that acquainted with steam punk. How do people feel about this?

If there's a class for Consort I will take that one. Or I could be a maid.

I'm fine with that. I don't have much experience with steampunk either.

My knowledge on both Renaissance and steam punk are sort of equal, as I Know enough to get by, but if I had to pick, I go with Renaissance over steampunk cause with steampunk there are so many variations of steampunk that it can get confusing.

Well, renascence is ok. I merely suggested steam punk. So then do we do our own alternate timeline, so Oc's are allowed?

I think it should be probably all Oc, the era would just be a guide. Is that okay?
Okay, it's after 6 am. I've got to go to bed!

That's probably a good idea. Next question would probably be, is this focused on one particular location, such as one Lord's/Ladies' Château and it's environs. Or something larger with more Lord's/Ladies' property.

Mmm, now I'm thinking about the 30 Year war in Germany, the English Civil Wars, the French Wars of Religion, the Italian Wars and the Spanish Reconquista.

-enjoys military history a little too much-

This does sound like some good fun to be had here yess...

Back
Top Bottom