Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stranger in No Man's Land (Shadow Wolf & Greeneyed23)

Josie's eyes went wide, tears rolled down her face as she let go of his arm she just leaned against the wall. '' She's the one that killed my family.. I thought it was Luthor because it was so dark but it was her.. '' She said as she chewed on her lip, slid down the wall wrapping her arms around her knees she felt really bad.

'' If we take out the alpha the war ends, I know what your thinking. I'm not worried about the great grandson of a man who died trying to keep me safe.'' Lilah said as she looked at Both Luther as well as Dominick then at Juliet, Ariella. She had nothing to say to either one of them, she knew about Luther's little affair with the Russian vampire queen. Of course she'd had her shares of affairs but it'd been awhile since she'd let anyone into her life, she wanted to keep it that way.

Rex nodded. "yeah she's a fucking psycho bitch. And she always has that 'why do you make me so sad' look." he growled and his body shuddered his control slipping for a moment as his skin became red and hard scales.

Luther and Dominick grunted. "The alpha? We don't even know who that is let alone where. How are we supposed to find him or her?"

'' It was a long time ago it doesn't matter, please don't do something we'll both regret.'' Josie said as she stood back up, walked toward him. She didn't know what to do she wanted to place her hand on his shoulder or touch him somehow but she was scared of him when he was mad, she didn't know how to get over her fear.

'' There is a nest of werewolves not far from here, the alpha is their leader. Trust me if we can get in there, take him out the war is done.'' Lilah said as she smiled deviously she had a plan, she didn't want to send any of her children in she would send in the guards.

Rex snarled as the promise he had made to help and protect so many of the fangs back there burned in his mind. "Shit. Lets go back." He took her hand and started her back toward the throne room.

Luther and Dominick winced. "My lady even in full strength we could not assail that fortress. We need something more than even you. They outnumber ten to one there and they are elite fighters."

Josie followed him, sighed she was a shifter but she didn't really shift all that often. Now she was basically being pulled into the middle of a feud that had been going on for years, despite the fact that Lilah was the one that had killed her family she didn't regret choosing the vampires over ha pack.

'' I understand that, I guess we'll have ton rely on the hybrid to protect us then. There is no other choice, My guards are well trained. Boys show them what you can do to ease their minds a little.'' Lilah said as she turned to her guards, started to take off her gloves she figured she didn't need them while she was inside, she also took off her cloak. She wore a long asian dress, her hair was pinned back but fell down her back at the same time well it actually fell down to her ass.

Rex shoved open the door with a grunt and walked over flopping into a chair throwing his feet up on a table. "Alright we are here. What do you have planned and what do you need?"

The male vampires watched Rex silently not sure his candor and brash manner with Lilah was very wise in the matter of his continued survival.

Lilah hissed as she watched him walk through the large doors with the girl, she smirked a little. '' My plan was to attack the pack, draw out their Alpha but as it appears my children are afraid we might be out numbered. Calm down boys it's quite alright.'' She said as she touched the arm of one of them, smiled she was very close to her guards, knew they were protective of her but she could certainly handle herself.

"You are an idiot." Rex glared at her. "i know you refuse to accept it but your kind are mortal. Need I remind you that your dear....brother William was killed by these very wolves. They tore him and his pack, which numbered three times this number, to parts then burned the pieces in the sun. Do you truly think you can best them without a true plan or advantage?" He snarled.

'' Mortal? Honey were vampires, there for were Immortal. Never mention my brother again.. His death was tragic enough thank you..'' Lilah said as she hissed at him, bared her fangs. She hated being called a mortal, saw herself as immortal because nothing could really kill her besides a werewolf bite. '' If you have a better idea you better spill because this war has gone on for far to long, Luther is getting old besides I think Ariella is his main priority.'' Lilah confessed knowing that Luther was in the room but it wasn't like he could tell her she was wrong, despite what Ariella had made him believe over the years She'd actually sired him herself but had released him after years of being followed by him everywhere she went.

((Sorry I took so long to reply.))

"William was killed by werewolves, like you will be, because he was too arrogant to listen to anybody!!" Rex just did not care anymore. He could give a werewolf bite if he had to and he had killed vampires before and would again. he was pissed off and sick of her ego. He glared daring her to try for him.

'' If you have a better idea. Were listening.'' Lilah said as she looked at the floor, she knew he was right. It was her brother's arrogance that had gotten him killed, she missed him dearly. She clutched the locket like pendent that hung around her neck, knew that if her clan was going to survive they would all have to listen to Rex weather they wanted to or not. In all her years of ruling over the clans from a far away land she knew it was time to finally let someone help them defeat their only enemy.

Rex nudged the table, a smart table, and began to put in numbers until a three dimensional holographic map rose out of the table. Rex began to select and highlight streets, buildings, and numbers until he had a very accurate map of the city and the current situation and began to put in more data getting everyone set up. He then made the made float up onto the other smart tables and walls around and began to draw battle lines. ":first and foremost we need to front an all out assault on their lines. draw in every fighter. I will go out and help your vampires take key positions forcing the leaders to gather. When your spies and whatever else you have are sure they are all there you surrounded the area underground on the street and in the buildings around. make a impenetrable wall around the place. Then you and your other elites as well as me and Josie will go in and kill them all. Thats how we kill them. If wen use those new weapons and the city itself correctly and some techniques I will teach you to kill them more quickly."

Lilah watched in amazement, smiled she hadn't even figured out how to use a cell phone yet. Juliet also watched in amazement as she held onto Dominick, she refused to let go of his arm. She was just as concerned about how things would go down like everyone else, was wondering where Ariella had gotten to but she pushed it all aside as she as she stayed focused on the matter at hand. Josie was just confused, knew she could get them in through the back entrance but taking down the leader would be a lot harder then they thought. She'd been with him for a long time, knew how he fought.

Rex looked at Josie. "As for you and I we are going to be the heavy hitters. We are going to go distract the wolves first so they," he threw a derisive thumb over his shoulder at the vampires, "Can get into place. Let's go." he took her hand and started for the door. "be quick. i can promise you two hours at most. By then Josie and i will have to fall back."

Luther grabbed Rex's arm as he walked past. "Where are you going to attack?" Rex grinned coldly as his face and body became that of a Velociraptor. "The natural history museum of course. They have a number of hidden packs that sleep there during their rest periods. i am going to kill them in their sleep." His talons and teeth became shiny silver metallic. "Josie and I are going to cut their forces coming at you by at least five percent." Before anyone could reply he had dragged Josie out of the room and was s[printing at a remarkable speed for the door.

Josie was nervous because she'd only transformed a few times but when Rex turned into a velociraptor she wanted to turn into something just as deadly but she didn't know if she could, well other then transforming into the cat that sat in his lap while they were in the dungeon she never transformed while she was a part of the pack. '' I don't know if I can transform.. but I'm good with a knife.'' She said shrugging as she went with him not really sure how she was going to be any help in the battle that was about to be the turn of the century.

'' Very well.'' Lilah said as she looked at Luther, watched him closely. She pulled her men aside, whispered into their ears then made sure her guards told the others about the plan. This wasn't her 1st time in trying to end the epic battle, she wanted the races to be accepted one another. She'd always wanted peace between the species, well she hoped this didn't backfire like the various attempts she'd tried while she was in Luther's place.

Once outside Rex pulled her onto his back running at full speed. "Here is all you have to do. Stop thinking about ti. Just let your body change. It will make the right choice." As he waited for her to try he continued running. they had a lot to do.

Luther and Dominick nodded and started to obey their mistress.

Josie smiled as she was given advice on how to shift properly, she told him he could put ht down on her feet. She focused all her energy didn't think about it, how she was in he form of a very hungry panther with sharp claws teeth etc. she was more of a wear panther but still dangerous to who she was going to kill, all she could think about was how if it hadn't been for Rex she would have been stuck with he pack until she died.

Juliet hadn't let go of Dominick's hand, she didn't intend to. If he was going to fight she was going to do the same thing, she had spent years training for this so it was time to put her skills to work. Arielle had disappeared, what no one knew was that she was a traitor. She was warning the wolves, actually cuddling up to the leader. It was nothing personal against the coven it's just she'd been hiding her secret for a very long time.

Rex nodded upon seeing this change. "Very good. Should prove to be an excellent fighting form for you." He kept running his mind entirely focused on the upcoming battle and he was making plans to improve their chances in battle.

Dominick squeezed Juliet's hand. "It's alright dear. We can win this...your friend seems very confident and we know he is effective. He should prove a very powerful ally. Thank you for bringing him along. Have you seen Arielle?"

What Arielle did not know is that Rex expected betrayal. Thats why his plan did not rely on slim chance trickery. There would be massive attacks that would force the wolves to respond in kind or be slaughtered wholesale. And while she was cuddling Rex and Josie met a large number of vampires at Union Station Mall. It seemed unimportant but it sat right on the main travel lines of the city and served to hide a number of the supernatural beings.

First Rex called all the security officers into the conference room then used sleeping gas on them, having made some from the janitor's supplies. He then made a trio of announcements over the PA. he shut down the mall so the humans fled quickly while challenging the wolves to stand up and fight while drawing all vampires in the area to him.

He ended up with more than a hundred vampires facing two hundred wolves. "Alright fight smart, fight together and draw them into close quarters. They cant fight as well in enclosed spaces." Just as the wolves were ready to attack Rex sent Josie and the vampires into the stores and bathrooms then stood before the pack alone. "Want us? Come get us." He then transformed into a massive bull Gorilla and with ease hurled himself up the rafters to the ceiling followed by nearly a third of the wolves while the rest went after the vampires.

The vampires were a bit cocky at first and cost them dearly before they realized the mad changeling as they called Rex was right. Having lost twelve already they changed tactics. They held the wolves to one or two attackers to any given area, holding doors or gates closed magically and with their bodies making the wolves come through the bottlenecks only to be killed by the waiting vampires. Because of their rage the wolves lost half their number in this way before they realized the futility of their attacks and were going to pull back to their fellows only to find them dead.

Rex had also found the heavy power lines for the mall and had found a nonconducting pad in the rafters then when the wolves all came at him he had electrified the entire metal structure electrocuting every single one in seconds the power so intense it literally burned their brains and hearts out killing them permanently. As the remaining few began to question what to do Rex roared, 'NOW!" And fell amongst the pack ripping at head, throats, hearts and anything else he could touch while the vampires joined him swarming the pack felling them without another loss.

Rex stood over the dead and gave a mighty victory roar challenging the wolves to come for him now. They would have no choice. He sent messengers to the nearby vampires force to have them relocate in the mall and around it as it was soon to become the front line of the battle. Once the leaders were there and began to entrench their forces Rex nodded and went for the door. he had another distraction to set up.

Josie tore apart her share of wolves, she didn't hesitate to make sure they didn't get back up. She went straight for their throats, clawed at their chests until she could basically squeeze their hearts in her paws. '' I know.'' Juliet said smiling as she laid her head against his shoulder wondering when they would be called into battle, she had no idea where her former master was but she didn't really care she figured something was bound to cause betrayal among the clans. She was worried about Luthor though because she knew how much he seemed to love the blonde vampire goddess, it made her a little nervous but it would all work out.

Ariella focused on rubbing the pack leader's chest as she kissed his neck, sucked on it ever so slightly letting him know she wanted to taste him. She'd secretly been seeing him as long as she'd been seeing Luthor but the feelings she had for the pack leader were much stronger then she had for the old wrinkly vampire lord, she knew that as long as she was with him she was safe but she also knew his fellow wolves hated her guts. It didn't seem to bother her though because she could easily kill them all, then they would be all alone to do as they pleased.

A loud series of knocks made her lover jump. "What!?!"

"Master the vampires have taken Union Station, the Arch, the Science Center, the sporting arenas, and the entire East side of the city."

"WHAT!?!?!?!"

He hurled Ariella off of his body and ran toward the door shifting. He yanked it open then suddenly turned. "You...You said they were going to attack here...You fucking vampire bitch!!!" He yanked open the curtain blinding her with sunlight and shot her in the chest and face emptying his pistol of the silver bullets he always kept in the clip. he then turned and ran marshaling his forces as he went to retake his lands.

The wolves were going mad in their rage running as fast as possible to retake their possessions the vampires ambushing many of them ripping them to pieces. Their pack leaders were collecting trying to formulate a plan, right where Rex had said they would.

The sunlight alone would have killed her but the bullets were what really turned her into a pile of ash, with her dead that mean the apprentice/student which was Juliet was now in charge of Arielle's coven. The young vampire let go of her lover's hand doubled over, looked straight at Luther. " I'm sorry my lord.." She said giving him her condolences, she knew that her time as an apprentice/student was over she was now given the ultimate challenge which would change her rank but not her feelings for Dominick.

Lilah watched the young girl she had heard so much about, she knew that obviously on of there own had perished in he mist of the battle. She figured it was an affair gone wrong, she to gave her condolences to Luther then gave new orders to her guard involving the fight knowing it was only a matter of time before the wolfs invaded Luther's castle. It meant they would have to find safe haven or try their best to keep their numbers up but it wouldn't be easy, she knew all of ariella's followers were safe inside her castle so that was good.

With Ariella dead Luther and Dominick grunted as well as they both experienced a severe upsurge in energy and they both turned to Juliet. "Well...how the hell did that happen?"

There would be no counterattack of the wolves on the vampires base for one simple reason. They were being slaughtered wholesale. The traps in the streets surrounding the building were still fully operational and had no reason to even be checked as of yet for the also simple reason as the wolves were too busy trying to retake their former holdings but were being slaughtered in droves by the new tactics.

" I.. I don't know honest.." Juliette said as she shrugged, looked to Liliah for advice. She didn't know her queen was sleeping with a werewolf, she was never told anything regarding ariella's sex life hell she was surprised the woman was seeing Luther. She chewed on her lower lip, looked at the floor then hoped Liliah would say something, she wanted to run off but it wasn't safe. " Enough! The young girl is terrified enough as it is, now your asking het about Ariella's? A child in my book. If it had been my choice she would never been queen of the clan she was."

Josie was enjoying the kill, the adrenaline was starting to go to her head but she managed to stay focused. She liked being free, she just hoped the leader didn't try to brand her like he had before when he first took her in. She still had the first mark it was kind of an initiation type of thing, she didn't need another mark. Her first one hurt enough, it was mainly why she didn't shift because it hurt when her body changed form.

The supernatural blood was so very thick it was dying the streets red and altering the asphalt and concrete in ways no one could expect, predict, or imagine. Rex noticed though and got a message to the magicians to focus the magic as wards for the humans and the vampires. This served to cut the wolves off from retaking the land they had just lost. This gave the vampires even more ammunition and power to battle the wolves cutting their losses and expanding their kills exponentially.

Juliet was still shocked by Ariella's death, didn't know if she was ready to be a vampire leader. She only been an apprentice to Ariella for a little over two years maybe three she couldn't really remember all she knew was that she left Dominick. Now she was back, she would have to leave him again unless he decided to go with her, she could sense that they were slowly winning the war. Josie however was still killing wolves like she'd been doing it her whole life, was making sure none of them survived. She was exacting her revenge on the way she had been treated, would make sure she took out the leader soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom