Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stranger in No Man's Land (Shadow Wolf & Greeneyed23)

Dominick shook his head. "We need to get dressed and go find out what is going on." He pulled free of her and started to dress quickly.

Rex hissed circling around Ariella to protect Josie his powerful body rippling as his gore laden fangs gleamed at her his tail lashing his green eyes narrowed as he watched every vampire in the room.

Juliet did the same she got herself dressed quickly then chewed on her lower lip really wondering what was going on, she laced her fingers with Dominick's as she looked down at the floor holding onto him because she was actually terrified. The red head had never been so scared in her life, she hoped Dominick would protect her because she knew they couldn't leave unless they were given permission to do so by Luther.

Josie started to scratch behind Rex's ear she knew how to calm down any animal mainly because she'd turned into them once or twice herself, she knew the weaknesses of each animal she had turned into. The young native american was finding herself falling in love with Rex because he was willing to protect her, she could easily fend for herself but it was nice to have someone that was willing to stick their neck out for her.

Dominick lead her to the door which opened instantly. Dominick cocked his head confused but lead her to the throne room to see Luther in shreds Ariella trying to calm everyone down while Rex snarled from before a new girl.

Rex did not calm down and slightly pulled away from Josie's hands for a number of reasons. One it did not work on him. Two he needed to be full attentive to the creatures around him. And three is was the wrong time. His tail continued to lash about as he watched the vampires.

" Rex.. Its Juliet its the girl from the train. Please remember, know that I don't want to hurt you. Neither does Dominick. " Juliet said, she noticed the tears in Ariella's eyes. It was then that the red head realized that the vampire queen had pretended to be ill, that made her furious with her elder.

Ariella knew that since Luther was dead a new elder had to be appointed. " Dominick. With luther dead it is now your duty to take over as vampire king, Juliet can sit by your side. If you refuse then you will not be given another chance, this coven will cease to exist because it will be disbanded." The blond said as she looked at Dominick hoping he would accept the chance of a life time.

Rex hissed at Juliet his eyes still on the ravaged Luther who sat up glaring at them. "My ass he gets my throne!!!" He staggered to his feet and stumbled to the throne while Rex growled at him the whole way. He flopped into the throne and glared out at all of them. "Trying to replace me Ariella?" Dominick gulped. Luther was in pain, pissed, and such healing often badly affected the sanity of the vampire in question and as Rex had crushed Luther's skull several times it was bound to be even worse. The large black cat with deep green eyes watched all the vampires closely his fangs and eyes gleaming with hate and an unspoken promise to die before submitting to them. They dragged him into this war and by God he was going to do as much damage as possible before they killed him.

" No my love.. I thought you were dead so I figured Dominick was next in line for the throne. I'm sorry my lord." Ariella said as she bowed her head in respect she felt horrible, knew he would punish her for being so stupid. Juliet's eyes widened when the words my love reached her ears, she looked very confused but in the meantime she wad currently afraid for her own life as well as dominick's. none of them really knew what to do, it appeared that rex wouldn't be changing back anytime soon which really put them all in danger including Josie who was just as terrified.

Rex hissed at Luther. "Fuck you changeling." Rex then did something that no shapeshifter was supposed to be able to do. He spoke. "Fuck you fangface. You attacked us for no reason." Luther, Dominick, and the others all stared at Rex as his tail twitched. Luther popped his neck as it healed then sighed. "Fine. i apologize. And there will be no repercussions. What now?" Rex shrugged not changing back.

Ariella placed her hand on Luther's as she stood next to his throne, she could see the look in Juliet's eyes but she ignored it. '' The war needs to end, as much as you think it was our fault it started that's not true..The war was started by the werewolves centuries ago, Luther and I were still human at the time. '' The blond vampire said as she noticed her young servant almost angered that she had kept her secret from her but she had no choice, now she didn't care who knew about her affair with Luther it had been going on since they were turned but the vampire council hadn't agreed which had been the reason she lived in Russia.

Rex snarled. "I don't care about your damn war. I was willing to fight in it but i am not a pawn to be moved about the board. You want my help you will treat me like an equal. If not Josie and i are walking. And I will kill anyone who gets in my way."

'' Luther.. This is your palace so it's your call my love.'' Ariella said as she held his hand in her own, she was still getting glares from her loyal follower but at the same time she understood why Juliet would be skeptical. The blond vampire didn't want to lose the love of her life, she didn't want to lose her own life so she didn't neglect to think over the idea of them leaving the throne room. She wouldn't stand in their way, she noticed that the girl he was talking about was starting to look really pale almost as if she was going to pass out which kind of confused her a little.

"As much as I hate to admit it you could be useful Rex. And you Josie. you may stay. I will not harm you nor will any hand in my command." Rex did nothing. "I swear by my fangs." Rex nodded and resumed his human form fully dressed. He folded his powerful arms glaring at them all. "Fine. So what do we do now?"

'' Well now that my secret is out to everyone including Juliet.. I think it's time I step down from my throne in Russia, reside here. If that's alright with you Luther.'' Ariella said as she caressed his hand with her thumb, chewed on her lower lip she wanted to be with him all the time. The blond vampire had thought about stepping down for months, she loved Luther to much to leave him behind all the time.

Josie stood by Rex, she was fine now she was just really hungry as well as thirsty. '' Can we have something to eat? I mean I know you don't eat real food but I'm starving.'' She said as her stomach rumbled, she really hoped she hadn't spoken out of turn cause she didn't really want to be sent back to the prison. Running her fingers through her hair she sighed, chewed on her lower lip as she waited for an answer figuring Ariella's was more important though.

Luther nodded. "You will stay with me of course Ariella." He sniffed at Josie's words and gestured at some servants. Rex waited silently watching them but also brought a table and some chairs over and sat facing the wall that let him see the door and the throne. When the servants brought in food he sniffed it carefully then began to eat. He had not eaten in more than thirty six hours and was simply starving.

( Sorry for the late reply. I've been on a small hiatus due to connection issues.)

Joise watched as servants brought in food, she imediately dug in. She was starving, she hadn't eaten in a few days because well she just hadn't. Of course she was glad there was plenty of food for her, Rex both she just wondered what was going to happen to them once they were done eating. She hated the idea of being locked up again, she had left the wolves to be her own person not somebody's slave.

Rex watched her eat for a full thirty minutes before he began to eat himself his eyes on Luther and the others. Rex was not made to trust and he would never trust vampires.

Luther sighed watching him. "i would still like to know just exactly how we are supposed to win this war."

"Who said anything about winning? Ending it is possible but winning? No one wins a war."

" I don't think we can win.. " Ariella said as she sat down beside luther, looked at Dominick and Juliet. She was a tad bit concerned because her once loyal servant looked frightened, very confused. But she placed her hand on top of Luther's, pushed her concern aside as she used a spell to conjure her belongings so everything she owned was now in Luther's room.

Josie wiped her mouth with a napkin once she was finished eating, watched Rex she had nothing to say about the war. She was still focused on the fact that she was still considered a prisoner, she wished to be free to live her life but that wasn't going to happen. The young woman was madly in love with Rex, they had come from the same tribe.

"We can end it." Rex was looking at Josie. "Here is how we start on that path. We call a peace summit." He looked at Luther. "A real one this time. We gather them together and present our case. When they refuse we present our other case. You have your best fighters and me there. When they attack we slaughter their leaders. While all of that is going on you launch your counter attack. If we can end the conflict in this city we can force them to an actual peace meeting. Or your bloody prophecy. I don't care. But this is your best chance."

Luther looked at Ariella, Juliet, Dominick and the other vampires then whispered. "What do you think?"

Juliet was still in shock that Ariella had lied to her, she didn't know what to say. After she had gathered her thoughts she held onto Dominick's hand but when she opened her mouth nothing came out, she tried again finally she was able to speak. '' The Prophecy might not be our best back up plan, I think a peace meeting is our best shot.'' The red headed vampire said as she looked at her leaders, she had no idea what she was saying really cause she was still young but she needed to voice her opinion. ''

Josie didn't say a word, she knew that the prophecy would never work cause well it was an old native wives tale. She'd been told as a child, she never believed it would work so even though she was silent she agreed with Rex's idea. All in all she was glad they had one vampire on their side, hoped the other one would join cause she had a feeling she would be the bait to get the pack leaders to agree to the meeting.

Rex watched the vampires silently letting them talk it out amongst themselves. He may have been dragged into this but he was going to make a serious dent in the battle.

Dominick squeezed Juliet's hand lightly as he looked over at the skinwalker. This Rex had marched right into a wolf den and come out not only unscathed but with a powerful negotiation piece in the girl. He was rather impressed. He was not sure what Luther would do but this Rex fellow would make a powerful ally.

Luther sighed. "i suppose we must. Who will carry the message? We cannot send those two." he gestured at the skinwalkers then looked around at the others. "Well? Volunteers?"

'' Enough! Luther can I have a word with you? '' Came the voice of a brunette, as she lowered her hood she looked directly at Luther. She was older then he was, she was in fact his superior as well as Ariella's. No one crossed her, no one disobeyed her she was over a thousand years old maybe she was older then that no one knew but she answered to the name of Lilah. It was possible she was the mother of all vampires including Dominick, Juliet but when she spoke the way she just had she meant business. She had seen the war from the beginning, she knew that the only way to end it was to in fact destroy the werewolves as well as the hybrids but very few of them existed.

Max hissed angrily. "YOU!!" And only Josie's placement before him and the sudden restraining hands of many vampires stopped him from leaping out at the oldest vampire int he room.

Max and Lilah had met once. Had even been lovers once in an ago back in Afghanistan where he had helped her destroy a terrorist cell that had actually been made up of rogue vampires after which she had literally stabbed and shot him in the back and left him to die. He glowered at her his eyes filled with hate. "You fangfaced bitch. Ima fucking kill you." Luther and Dominick were shocked to see and hear this. Max seemed to be the calmest being they had ever met but now he was in a rage and was also yelling at a true ancient.

Smelling their confusion Max explained a bit. "She murdered my entire squad because they saw something." Luther and Dominick looked at the others while Max's fists tightened so hard the knuckles became white and everyone could literally see his massive arms swelling and throbbing. This rage was dangerous even to one like her. And though one knew it Max was just getting started. He had been waiting for their next meeting and now here she was. And he was ready.

'' Maxwell That was centuries ago, I couldn't take any chances. Our race was scarce in those days, if anyone found out we would all be dead. I'm here to talk with Luther, I would appreciate it if you would calm down.'' Lilah said as she rolled her eyes she knew there was bond to be trouble, she snapped her fingers which alerted three guards that she had assigned to protect her at all costs. The brunette was always prepared, the guards were very large men just a little younger then her but they were master fighters, would do anything to protect their mistress.

"Im not Maxwell lady. That was my damn great grandfather. You've been betraying my family in one way or another for centuries. im not working with this bitch." Rex grabbed Josie's hand and yanked her out of the room refusing to listen to Luther or Dominick.

Lilah rolled her eyes, returned to business. " I'm sure your all wondering why I'm her, here is why. This war has been going on for way to long, we have lost brothers as well as sisters even sons and daughters. It has to end, the only way to end it is to destroy the ones that started it. " she said as she watched a young girl be pulled away by her former friends great grand son, she just ignored it. " Rex.. Who was that? " Josie asked as she held onto his arm, placed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"That's Lilah. The great she bitch of the vampire race. Some claim the mother of the fang. She has had dealings with my kind and family before. We always come out on the short end. I am not enduring that again." Rex led her on silently after this furious.

Luther and Dominick watched Lilah speak then nodded. "What do you mean?" Both were amazed at Rex's brashness and were more than worried that she would take offense and do something to revenge herself upon the skinwalker.

Back
Top Bottom