Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Keep you're enemy close close for (whiterabbit and ReaperDouble0)

thewhiterabbit

Supernova
Nadia was soon to sit on the throne of Astoria a small kingdom between France and Spain. She was beautiful with an olive complexion and Hazlett eyes but strikingly blonde hair. Her father and mother had been killed in a car bombing. The house of lords was pressuring her to either accept the throne or step aside. "Its really not fair, i am not ready to rule a household much less a country" She was far stronger then she appeared though left all alone she felt so weak. Her uncle and only living family was on the verge of starting a civil war.

"What do you mean someone wishes to see me" Who ever it was they held enough sway to dismiss all but two of her guards. Fresh from a ride in the country she was in tight riding pants, olive and a burgundy blazer with the Asotrian crest. She held a black helmet under one arm and a riding crop under the other. Quickly she moved up the stairs not angry but surprised. No one had disturbed her for many days after the death of the king and queen, mom and dad. The doors parted for her she could not see her guest.

"I am sorry for my condition but i was not expecting company" She slipped off her blazer. Under it she wore a simply robin blue dress shirt. She popped a few buttons it had been a hard ride and she was hot. She could see a shadow who ever they were they were in her private room. They were not that big the shadow cast could belong to a small man or average or above woman. "My name is Nadia Astoria and it would please me to know you're business with my self an my kingdom"

Sora finally arrived by the castle after traveling for what felt like forever. She had been there for not long ago, but this time, it was different. She didn't feel any sorry for the kid that was left with all the decisions to take. Considering that it was Sora's fault. Well, fault was maybe the wrong word to use. Her work was more correct. However, she walked up slowly to the gates of the castle, dressed in loose-hanging black pants with tight strings by her ankles for high mobility and flexibility. Besides this, she was wearing a black top that now was stuck to her body because of the rain. Over this, she was wearing a black coat, and she had a long black cloth covering her mouth and hair so only her eyes was visible.

After some arguing with the guards, Sora ended up with bribing them to let her pass. Those idiots didn't even check her body for weapons. Fools. The inside of the jacket was pretty much full of weapons, and it was the same with the sleeves of the jacket. She made sure to check if the three long needles in each sleeve was unlocked so she could pull them out at any time. They was. Just as planned. That I came before the princess made it all even better. Now, I had already studied the room, knowing what places it would be easy to hide in and what places it would be hard to hide. "No need to stress about how you dress. I look shabby as well, so don't care about it" Sora said, sitting patiently in the chair as she saw the princess undress.

Sora was probably directly rude with the way she interacted. She didn't use any 'your majesty' or similar titles. She talked to her pretty much like if they were equal. "Come have a seat. I can't stand to talk to people that don't show me their attention. Even if you pay attention standing like that, it would be rude towards me."

Nadia moved to sit on the edge of the bed. The smell more then anything gave it away. No, not perfume it was the lack of a heavy male musk. "Miss or is it misses" Nadia asked with a tilt of her head unaccompanied women were a rare sight these days. The kingdom was rather old fashion which meant most did not openly dress so, masculine. Her own dress was an exemption for her riding. "Have we met before" She asked trying to mask her growing apprehension.

Nadia detested rude people she was a princes after all. "What do you want. i assume you need to talk to me" The hairs were standing on the back of her neck. She could feel danger radiating from the woman like heat waves. But she could not back down now or she would seem weak. "Could i offer you a hot drink" Reaching to a table she rang a bell hot coffee was quickly dispatched. She smiled as she added cream and sugar to the dark blend.

Slowly she crossed her legs her hands trembling slightly. "I mean i am sorry to tell you but i am not queen yet so" She stopped those eyes so cold. She wanted to run but she wanted someone, anyone to tell her it would all be safe again. She wondered what she wanted from her, of her. "I will have to execute those guards" She wanted to sound strong, decisive, cruel but he words rang hollow. She simple did not know what to expect.

((Sorry I wasn't able to reply yesterday. Stuck in a fancy hotel without internet while having to pay for stuff for your parents, ending up splitting bills with your boyfriend is damned fun .__. ))

"Miss. Just Miss. Can't say I got any royal blood running through my blood or anything, but I suppose you've already guessed that" Sora replied with a carefree tone. She remained lent back in the chair with her hands resting in her lap. "And no, we have not. I met your parents though. One time" Sora said, remaining in the chair. Everything was going perfectly well. The talking was mostly just for the fun. Playing around with the target for a while.

Sora stood up after a short break. "I'm not thirsty. I drank a coffee from a tavern down the road, and it tasted like it was mixed with somebody's urine. Anyways, that's not why I'm here. I'm not here for talking, and i'm not here for drinking nasty coffee" She started to slowly pull away the sheets covering her mouth and hair. Why not, the only person who would see her face would be dead within the next few minutes. Sra slowly started to slide one of the long needles out of her jacket. Then a second one.

"Execute them you say? Sounds like a good idea really. I mean, do you have any idea how easy they are to bribe? Just a few french Euro, and they would let anybody in. I think I paid about ten euro to get in here. Pretty cheap, don't you think? Not strange the coffee-quality around here is so low. Seems like everything is worth about nothing around here." The king of France had more or less forced this on her. Brutally forced. Even though she had knowledge within her art didn't mean that the king could just push her around. Well, if he didn't use Sora's family as hostages to make her do his dirty work of course. Killing off people with power would be the shortest step to take over the kingdom. So there she was, stuck in the middle of a castle most likely swarming with guards. Not a likable situation.

(sorry i have missed you Friday and Saturday i normally do not take this long to respond)

Nadia clenched her hands into small fists she did not like her country being talked about that way. And by a common foreigner who knew nothing of her land or its people. Nadia watched the women peel back the layers of cloth. She was something to look at though it was hard to tell how old she was. "I know but it is so hard" The country was slowly falling apart. All trade had slowed make luxury goods like coffee far more rare then before. Her eyes followed the long silver long metal shafts slide out of the woman's coat.

"Have you come to kill me" The blood drained from her face as she stood backing up. The chair fell over but none of the guards came to investigate. She kept her eyes locked on the woman why did she show herself. She easily could have killed her from the dark and left before anyone discovered her. Maybe she would take her hostage and hold her for ransom, before killing her. A hand went to her throat as she remembered her dead parents. Calm down she wants something or you would already be dead.

"What do you want money, fame, power" She offered maybe she was really just going to kill the guards. Her back came into contact with one of the posts of her bed. The woman was youngish no younger then herself but not a great deal older. She thought of seducing her but she did not have the skills. She did move closer maintain eye contact its far easier to kill a stranger. "My name is Nadia, Nadia Astoria and you are" She asked offering her hand. She wanted to live far more then anything.

Sora pulled out the rest of the needle. It was about one foot long, made only by steel and with no proper shaft. She grabbed down into one of the pockets in her coat and took out a long, yet thin chain and connected it to the long needle. Then she does the same with the second needle. She place her hands inside of the rings and grabs around the needles. The long chains was gently sliding along the floor. "I don't want fame, honor or money. I'm honorableness already, I got the money I need and fame would be one of the worst things I could get. The only thing I would want, is something you can't provide" Sora said with an emotionless tone.

The black leather shoes made a weak noise as she walked towards the girl. Sora lifted her left hand to the height of her chest, planning to throw the needle from there as it would be a lot more accurate. If she tried to throw without any way to aim, she would most likely miss, and that would be a pity. She had more needles, but no more chains. In other words, if the needle got stuck between some stone or wood or whatever, she would have to ditch the chain. And they were expensive to make. Really expensive.

As Sora saw the girl walk towards her, she was just about to throw the needle. But when the girl reached out her hand, Sora thought she heard something from behind of her. Sora spun around with impressive speed and threw the needle. A guard had walked up to check if everything was alright. The left needle missed by about an inch and penetrated the door instead, getting stuck. Sora sighed and swiftly moved her hand out of the metal ring that held her to the chain, and threw the needle in her right hand. It penetrated the mans neck, spreading blood on the carpet. Sora pulled in the chain, and the person's neck ripped open as he fell to the floor. The needle came back to Sora in high speed. She grabbed it and looked back at the princess. "Now, where were we?" She asked, looking at the princess. The one needle she held was almost bathed in blood from the dead guard that was spreading blood all over the carpet he ended his life at.

Nadia grabbed a handle and fell jerking a long steel chain. The bed lifted revealing a ramp that she rolled down. The bed returned to its original position covering the ramp. Nadia groped around for the light revealing a small tunnel. "What a bitch" She knew the bed would never hold her. She had only minutes before the assassin caught up with her and finished the job. Nadia began to limp having landed wrong on her leg, rolling down a twenty foot ramp did not help matters. She could still see the eyes of the guards. After a few minutes she came to a small room and closed the door to the panic room.

Turning around she found herself face to face with the woman from before. As the door to the second passage closed she had to let out a laugh. "Well finish me off maybe in a thousand years they will find our bodies" Well more like a decade she was the last living royal and thus the only one who knew about the room. The workers, architect and ever the one who ordered the room built were all killed. Nadia grabbed a bottle of wine popped the cork and began to drink. "How rude of me, would you like some" She was in a pissy mood, she was either about to die or she was not. Standing up she handed the woman the bottle.

"So did my uncle hire you" She asked with a smirk. Her uncle was a good man but greedy. He might have even had a thing for her, or her mother, maybe both. She smiled and opened another bottle there were plenty to choose from. The panic room had been converted from a wine cellar many years ago. It was a shame the killer got them at the opera and not home. "How much does a princess go for theses days" She asked finding some cheese and crackers. There was also dried meat and fruit. She wondered how much air and water the small room had. Would the assassin kill her or would the panic room do them both in.

Sora cursed to herself as she saw Nadia escape through a hidden passage. However, when she saw that it was going downward, it spread some hope in her heart again. Sora had been exploring the castle a little, and she had noticed that the only room in the cellar that had two entrances, was the wine cellar. Thus, the hidden passage could of course lead to a hidden door, but that was a risk Sora had to take. She started to run. She ran out of the room, jumped down the stairs and opened the door to the cellar itself with her shoulder, forcing the door to open. She ran inside and looked around for the door she remembered as the right one. She ran inside and got there before the second door opened. Either that, or she was too late. She was in doubt of that though. She closed the door behind her so the girl wouldn't escape.

As Sora saw the movement in the door in front of her, Sora grabbed hard around the needle. Any second now. When she pushed the flask at her, Sora grabbed it and smashed it to the floor. The glass-shards spread out, as well as the expensive liquid. "Look, if I don't get back to France within two days, the king is going to kill my entire family! I don't give a shit about the consequences, I could come back here and get executed for that sake, I don't give a shit!" Sora yelled at the princess. She walked up to her with quick steps, dropping the needle on the way. "You are going to open the door again, or I'll torture you until we both die in here!" Sora grabbed around her throat and pushed her up to the wall before slowly lifting her up so she was hanging by her head, a few inches over the floor. "Answer me!" She said as she pulled the girl away a little, then pushed her hard back at the wall. "Open the door or be tortured?"

Nadia shook her head she would not simply let her parents killer go. "You seem to be a well adjusted mass murderer" Keep talking she thought. Maybe her guards would arrive before she suffocated to death. Not a pretty thought loosing her bowels here. "Ill tell you a way out and give you an eye, or a hand or enough blood to convince them im dead" She knew the woman would give her a look. She had not intention of dying here and now. She felt the grip loosen around her throat but her hand was not removed.

"I fake my death and you give me my uncles head after you're family is safe" She knew she was reaching for it. The woman could kill her and take her chances with the guard. She wanted to live, as long as she was alive she might one day kill her parents killer. "So is it a deal" She asked. She felt the hand move from her throat was it to get ready for the killing blow. Nadia stepped back trying to place as much space as she could between them She looked the woman in the eyes, eyes that looked almost human.

"Look you killed my family we can't change that" Slowly she sat down waiting for the answer. The woman did not look convinced "Or maybe i come with you, we make an accident, would any one assume a weak girl like me survived" Being declared dead was the last thing that she wanted. Her uncle would move in and take control of her country. Even after she proved she was alive removing him from power would be like removing a tick from a dog. A rack of wine began to climb into the ceiling revealing an elevator. "Well you can take me, or take you're chances in the catacombs"

Back
Top Bottom