Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Seven Races (gracedragon13 & Greeneyed23)

"My parents and the scar? Goblins did it... The lack of clothes is because I spent all of my money either repaying my debt or helping the less fortunate so I've never been able to buy any new clothes and it honestly isn't that dangerous! And as for staying here, I'm not exactly a good fighter or runner so if I left this place to go elsewhere I'd end up dead within a few hours!"

Angharad kept her voice quiet as she looked at Crex...

"The crowns? I have no idea, but don't you find it strange that there are many river and streams and things like that, but only seven water sources?" she smiled as she spoke... "I don't know what they're supposed to do, I just know that there's seven of them!"

"Ahh i understand. im sorry to hear that. What did they do?" He studies her closely. "is this what you want to do with the rest of your life?"

He smiles at her question about the seven sources. "Do you not know the tales? There are seven Gods. Each god or goddess created a race. Each one created a water source. Each one flows into the mountains and from them spread the water across the earth to give water to all seven races. As to the crowns.. Thats a much longer story. i doubt you'd be interested." he finishes with the blankets. "You really should take time to at least get some shoes and pants. and a good coat or jacket."

"We were moving town and we got attacked by angry goblins... Some other humans had massacred their town and they wanted revenge... That's all!" Angharad said quietly, before smiling at the man. "Of course not, I want to make a difference in the world, and figured that I should start out small! I'll find some way of sorting it all out..

Angharad listened to him and smiled... There was nothing more she liked than a good story! Her father had often used stories to teach her about the world!

He nods watching her. "i understand. Quite noble. But you can't change the world from your sick bed. please get your clothing situation handled."

He smiled at her eagerness and wave his hand the light growing dark as his deep musical voice intones. "The seven gods and goddesses created the royal city of Varlatoth to house the selected rulers of each race. It began by finding a certain mark, a crown in a certain color on the person's body. Each race has their own color. Each race was also given their own crown for when they ruled as King or Queen. These were what were stolen nearly a thousand years ago and caused the closing of Varlatoth. No one knows who stole the crowns only that the current seven bearers of the crown were dead at the gates. Since then no one has been born with any of the marks nor has anyone found the crowns that many believe would allow access to Varlatoth. Each race accused the other. The humans assumed the goblins had done it, the goblins the humans or elves while the dragons suspected the lycanthropes or dwarves. We elves believe it is a hidden evil that seeks to destroy us all and for that reason we have been searching amongst the races for a bearer of the mark and the crowns. And that is where the story gets long. "

He tells her of elves searching for centuries for a bearer of the mark or any sign of the crowns. The expeditions are rarely peaceful and Crex is the first to set out on this mission alone. He tells stories of romance, hate, love, and horror when elves grew angry and destroyed whole cities who had attacked them and had broken dragon eggs. The elves are the strangest of the races with their ageless existence, their superior qualities, and their chilly silence. the dragons are brash and wild as are the goblins and lycanthropes though the dragons rule the mountains, the goblins battle the dwarves for the underearth and the lycanthropes battle humans for the plains. The elves hid wherever they like unable to be found unless they wish to be found.

Angharad sat down, eagerly listening to the stories the man told... But these weren't just stories! They were the truth told in a way that made sense... It made her want to help him, but she knew that she would be of very little use, but she could always try... Then an idea popped into her mind...

"You say the elves have been searching for centuries but found nothing? What if it isn't that simple? What if these people can only be found when members of different races work together? I mean, the gods and goddesses are powerful creatures? Lots of people could have been born with the mark, but it was hidden by our deities... They might want the races to work together and stop blaming each other before they show us?" Angharad suggested quietly, unsure of whether it was stupid or not...

He smiled. "Actually Angharad we are of one mind. i have been trying to make friends amongst the other races and to draw them together in my own way. I could use someone who could help me with that i truly could."

He sighed stretching as he stands popping his back. "Been too long since i sat in a real chair..that was in...Hamlo." Thats a town more than four hundred miles to the south.

"Well you definitely have one from the humans! And I may be able to call in a favour from a dwarf if that would help!" Angharad couldn't help but grin widely... The dwarf was one who had stayed with her just a week ago... He had given her his name and told her where he was going so she could find him if she needed him.

Then she heard Crex's comment about a chair and she couldn't help but smile. "400 miles? That sounds painful!"

He shrugs. "is it 400 miles? I hadn't noticed. A dwarf do you believe he would speak to me? or do I need you to come along?" he peeled off is armor as he asks not thinking about it as he reveals his chiseled body hard with lithe powerful muscle. He rolls his arms and stretches about the muscles flexing and rolling smoothly as he moves.

he turns to her. "I'd be willing to pay if that would convince you. Perhaps we could go and meet your dwarf friend then if it went well You could come home and i could go on about my business you with money me with two new friends."

Angharad watched as the man removed his armour and she found herself staring at his muscles as she felt herself blushing slightly... But she quickly shook that away... She couldn't deny that the elf was an attractive man! Then she heard him saying she could go home afterwards and she frowned.

"What makes you think I don't want to stick with you and help you out? I can be very useful at times!" she smiled at him, not wanting the money... She wanted to make a difference in the world and here was a perfect chance! "And, I do have a sword so I can fight to some degree!"

He looks at her surprised. "Well i'd be happy to have you of course Angharad but i did not think you;'d b interested. but if you wish to come along you are welcome but you must have boots, and warm clothing. i insist upon it."

He does not really care about her fighting skill. if he wanted a fighter he could find a dozen in any direction anywhere in their world. but a true realistic idealist? that was rare beyond all imagination.

"Okay! I'll go buy some when the sun comes up!" Angharad couldn't help but grin widely at the elf before she stood up and walked to him, wrapping her arms around him and giving him a quick hug...

"You're quite a rarity y'know?" she giggled before releasing him from the hug and going to sit back down again, her eyes focused on Crex as she fiddled with her red her...

He hugged her back after a moment then watched her go sit down. "how is that Angharad?" he perched on the counter watching her and waiting for his answer.

He pulls out his dagger and begins polishing it and gently running it over his whetstone.

"You defy everything we're taught about elves when we are young! You prove that all of our lives we have been lied to and moulded into what 'superior' folk want us to be. Then you come along, calm like a river, and you don't destroy anything... Instead, you give without expecting anything in return!" Angharad smiled slightly...

"It's amazing how one man can come along and show people that their stereotypes are wrong!" she added, quietly as she stared at him...

He studies her as she peaks smiling sheepishly. "Well i won't pretend there aren't elves that do want to destroy everyone else. But they are the true rarity. We dislike war." Angharad has heard the old adage. "Give an elf a dragon's bloodlust and you will see the end of the world." As many have said and after seeing him fight with just a wooden rod today she knew the truth of it.

"But on the other hand we have seen only the bloodthirsty cruel and selfish side of humanity and you have more than proven that to be a flawed view."

"So you've seen the rich people playing their games? They give the rest of us a bad name! They get bored and use war to get entertainment, while the rest of us are too busy working and trying to live to get bored... It's rather annoying! But if the fighting ends, or just lessens, each of the races would see the true face of the others!" Angharad smiled as she spoke... She realised she was naive of the world, but the world was so much nicer that way!

He smiled as she spoke but did not answer. She really was naive but it was sweet and he did not that it was true that most people did not wan to war. At least amongst the humans. He knew better about the dragons and goblins and the fae who did not actually want war they simply got bored.

"Umm... Crex?" Angharad started, feeling quite embarrassed of what she was about to ask.. "Would it be okay if I slept in the room where you'll be sleeping tonight... You see, my window points at the brothel and it gets really noisy... I'll sleep on the floor of course! she stated softly, hoping that he wouldn't mind...

He arches an eyebrow. "What do you take me for? Take your bed? Not a chance. You take the bed I'll take the floor. No arguments." he smiled as he peeked into his room. "Ooh very nice. I think i would ave ended up on the floor anyway. Im not used to beds."

Angharad felt herself blushing slightly as he said that he'd sleep on the floor, and she couldn't help but stand up and walk over to him...
"I thank you, but you are a guest, I cannot allow you to sleep on the floor... At least share the bed with me?" she asked as she buried her head into his chest.

He sighed. "i will try but if you wake and I'm on the floor please do not be offended. " he stroked her arms gently then gently pushed er towards the bed. "But either way it's getting late. we both need to rest before we head out in the morning. off you go."

He guided her to the bed then pulling off his boots laying them on his armor and dagger hanging his sword belt on the bedpost then lays down closing his eyes silently.

"Okay!" Angharad smiled triumphantly, before jumping into the bed and curling up into a ball... Then she watched as Crex put his dangerous items away and got into the bed, and she watched his eyes close...

She waited a few minutes, before moving slightly closer to him, so her forehead was rested against his chest... Then she closed her eyes and found herself quickly slipping into sleep..

She woke with a start as something crashed into the house. Crex was already up with his sword on and moving outside.

An empty cart had rolled down the road and smashed into the house. No one was hurt but there had been some close scares. fortunately it was nearly dawn so no one had been out in the street. The owner won't stop apologizing but then starts sputtering when Crex gives him money to replace the smashed cart. Crex refuses to ear his arguments and goes back inside to get ready to go.

Sleepily Cadaera had followed Crex, and she couldn't help but smile as the elf handed the man some money... She realised that the people here would soon grow to like him...

"If you keep being that charitable, people will try and stop you leaving!" she said as she sleepily rubbed her eyes, a slight smile on her face...

"Good luck with that. I'm leaving soon. As in thirty minutes. Are you coming?" he smiles at her his eyes happening across new clothing in her sizes including socks and walking boots. "Oh don't forget any weapons you wish to bring as well as anything you care about. "

Angharad smiled at him, before walking into the kitchen... She found a few loose planks of would and pulled them away to grab what was her fathers old belt and the few 'tools' that fit into it... There were three daggers and two vials of liquid... One a menacing green colour, and one a much softer blue colour...

She set about gathering a few things she needed before walking back to Crex and grinning widely at him..

Back
Top Bottom