Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wedding Planning ... What an odd thing to say...

KimiDoll

Star
Some of you may know, some of you may not, but I am engaged.
We had been dating a year when I decided to pop the question on our one year anniversary / my Fiance's birthday back in 2010.
Oh my God, just realized how long ago that was.
We decided to wait a few years before finally tying the knot as back then we had next to money and were only just starting our careers.
Three years later we are still engaged, still have next to no money and have started completely new careers.
So we've decided to at least start planning for it which I am excited about.

We've decided on a theme, it is going to be a bit of a gamer geek / masquerade wedding, little bit dark as both of us hate pastels and bright colours.

I'm happy with everything so far, but I can't decide on music I would like. Nothing seems to fit and it aggravates me a little.
I have decided on two things though and that's that the Father-Daughter dance is going to be to "You're My Best Friend" by Queen as my dad and me are big Queen fans.
And at the end of the ceremony when we are pronounced we are going to have the Xbox 'Achievement Achieved' sound bite play before launching into the Faunts "M4 Part 2" (the song from the Mass Effect 1 credits) as we walk back down the isle.
Other than that I am stumped.

I would like someone to discuss things with me and give opinions as my fiance has been no help at all. She doesn't really care (and that pisses me off as well).
If you know of some good gamer or metal music for our first dance let me know, I would love to hear it.

This is a link to my Pinterest page if you want a better look at what I have to far: [Masquerade / Gamer Wedding <3]

7f25c9fa-a6dd-4744-957a-45f149ca42a9_zps75ca4dec.jpg

(Four years and still in love... I'm the blonde.)

I've been engaged for three years now. Now we've been together for three years and no where near ready with the money. But we're gamer geeks as well an this website is cool.

http://whengeekswed.com/blog/2012/01/12/xbox-cake-pop-wedding-favors/

Hope it helps

Make a Pandora station...play around with it, listen to it for a couple afternoons, jot down anything the virtual DJ throws at you that sounds good.

Spotify Radio can be used for the same purpose. Spotify has a deeper library than Pandora, but its algorithm is a little more conservative; it's less likely to hit you with some long-forgotten "zinger" or one-hit wonder than Pandora is.

Back
Top Bottom