Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's giving me a complex (Candira and Agnores)

"Mhm. But we'd fall asleep after movies or video games--never during. And by that time we were usually tucked in anyway. This is like way back," she said, chuckling a little at Amy's comment. Maybe Evan was lucky. But she was pretty lucky herself. She reached up and turned off the light as Amy talked about Ryan again. Well, at least she was done wallowing. "Sweet God, if I ever go out with a schmuck like him, do me a favor and kick my ass. I've dated enough losers in my day. I don't need to add another one to the list."

But then, why would she go out with anybody but her current boyfriend? She wouldn't, she decided.

"I will," Amy said, with a slight chuckle as sleep took over her.

The next day, Evan walked out of his last class with a spring in his step. Later tonight was his date with Sophie, something he had been looking forward to all day. He had been so distracted he hadn't paid attention to any of his classes, and he was pretty sure he failed a test or two. Oh, well, he thought, as he walked towards his room. What did it matter? He was with Sophie, the hottest girl on campus. Who else could say that? Evan was so distracted he didn't even notice Ryan slip up next to him.

"Sup," Ryan said, and Evan started, turning to look at his companion. "Not much," he said, shaking his head. "Headin' back to my room, gonna get ready for my date tonight." Ryan looked at Evan, visibly impressed. "You, a date?"

"Shut up," Evan replied. "Yeah, I have a date. With Amy's roommate no less."

"Whoa, holy shit. That pretty little thing? Damn, man. Good job."

Evan didn't really reply to that, shaking his head and smiling. "So, what's up?" Evan asked, glancing over at Ryan. Ryan shook his head. "Not important, man. If you fuck her tonight, you gotta get some pics and send them my way," Ryan said, smiling and clapping his hand on Evan's shoulder. "Been trying to sneak peaks at that little piece of ass since I met her," Ryan said with a laugh.

Evan brushed Ryan's arm off of his shoulder, shaking his head and glaring at Ryan. "She's not a piece of ass, Ryan. And I'm probably not gonna do anything with her." Evan moved a little further away from Ryan, his smile replaced with a small scowl.

"Cool it, man. I'm just saying. Anyway, look, I'm going to look for that bitch who jumped me the other day, wanna come?"

Evan turned down the walkway towards his dorm, turning back to Ryan. "I already told you, man," Evan said, shaking his head.

"I've got a date to get ready for." He turned and stepped into the dorm building, letting the door shut behind him as he heard Ryan call out, "Bros before hoes, man!"

Why was he friends with that guy?

Sophie had slept well that night, doing a good job in her classes that day. She was feeling inspired, excited, and just happy. She ran into Drew and had lunch with him while he updated her on his situation with Amy and whined a little. Granted, he'd gotten much better about feeling out when enough was fucking enough when it came to Sophie. "Well, I'm sure it'll work out," she said with a smile.

And with that, she finished up the rest of her classes before practically skipping to her dorm to get ready for tonight. She only used a little bit of make up to enhance her natural beauty. She was looking pretty and fresh tonight. She curled her hair, styling it so that half was back and half was loose, securing it with a pretty clip. Figuring she should go for something a little cuter than normal, she pulled on a denim skirt, a bright red top with lace and a sweetheart neck, and a black hoodie. She slipped on some knee-high boots and some pretty jewelry. When they had about half an hour until the movie started, she grabbed her purse and called Evan.

Evan was looking good. He was wearing a blue-pinstriped button up shirt, over a white undershirt. He wore his best bear of jeans, with a khaki belt. His hair was combed, and for once Evan actually got it all to lay down. He was freshly shaven, his skin smooth. He smiled into the mirrior as he checked himself out. Yeah, he thought. I'm one sexy beast. It was then that his phone rang, and he pulled it out of his pocket, seeing that it was Sophie. He answered with a grin.

"Hey, gorgeous. Movie time?" He gave himself one last look-over in the mirror, as he stepped out of the bathroom with the phone pressed to his ear, grabbing his keys and wallet. He was excited for this, excited to get to spend more time with Sophie. He wasn't even really sure what movie they were going to see.

She smiled when he answered the phone. "Sure is, handsome. Are you excited?" she asked locking the door behind her as she walked down the hall toward the stairs. "Because I am. Wanna meet me outside of my dorm like before? We'll figure out the rest when you get here," she said with a little smile. Sophie could hardly wait to see him. She practically floated down the stairs as she waited for him to confirm. Was it silly to be this excited to see him on what was arguably their second date? Probably. But she could deal with silly.

"I think excited is a bit of an understatement," Evan said, stepping out of his dorm. When she mentioned meeting her outside of her dorm, he started off in that direction, walking incredibly fast. "Yeah, I'll meet you outside of your dorm. Be there soon, beautiful." He hung up after the typical byes, and shortly afterwards arrived outside of Sophie's dorm, a big grin stuck onto his face. When he saw Sophie, he waved, practically running up to her. "Wow," he said, his eyes scanning over her. He moved closer and gave her a soft kiss. "You look great," he said, taking in her styled hair and dress.

"So, anyway," Evan said, "Wanna take my car?"

She laughed and said good bye after hanging up herself. When he got there, she was waiting for him, just like before. But unlike last time, he was pretty much running to meet her. More points in his column toward being the best boyfriend she'd ever had. She sent him a dazzling smile and waved back, watching him and noticing that he'd put some effort into his appearance too. Slick hair, shaven face, and sharp clothes. The wow, gave him another set of points, as did the way he looked at her. She kissed him back and smiled at him when he pulled away.

"You, too handsome. Yeah, let's take your car." With that, she took his hand and squeezed it, letting him lead her around. Before they got there, though, she kissed his cheek and smiled. "Yup, just as smooth as it looks," she said with a little laugh.

Evan led her across the campus, hand in hand, towards his car. When she kissed him on the cheek, commenting on how smooth it was, he smiled. "Thanks," he said. "Took a lot of effort, and I'm pretty sure I had to go on some kind of quest that involved dragon-hunting and general bad-assedness." When they got to his car, he opened her door for her, motioning for her to get in. "Milady," he said, mimmicking a polite and proper butler. He gave her a bright smile as he did so.

Once she was seated, he shut her door and moved around into the driver's side, jumping in. "So, how was your day?" He asked, as he turned on his car and pulled out of the parking spot, driving on heading for the campus exit and towards the movie theatre.

His cheeky banter made her laugh, and she couldn't help but enjoy him. She was a little surprised that he opened her door, but that was sweet of him. "Thanks, Jeeves," she teased. She buckled up upon entering and watched as he headed for the theater. "It sort of blurred. I remember feeling refreshed and super into everything we were doing today in class. I can't really seem to remember what we were doing, though," she said with a laugh. "What about you? Did you learn anything?"

"I learned that you may be bad for my academic career. Spent all day thinking about this date of ours, and I barely remember going what was said in class." He laughed, shaking his head. "Other than that, it was a great day." As he drove, he reached over with his free hand and weaved his fingers in with Sophie's. "You know, it feels good to do that," he said, smiling. He wasn't lying; it felt natural to hold Sophie's hand, and it made him feel good about everything that had been happening lately.

"Amy doing well? She's not dwelling on Ryan, is she?" Evan asked, trying to make some conversation during the drive. It wasn't a particularly long drive, by any means, but it took a few minutes, and Evan didn't want to just sit in silence.

She laughed and managed to put on a sympathetic face. "Aww, I'm sorry, hun. I didn't mean to distract you with my awesomeness." Sophie let him hold her hand and squeezed his a little. "I'm glad. I like holding your hand." She leaned back in her seat, watching the scenery as he held her hand and asked about Amy. "Well, she's not crying or blaming herself anymore, so there's that. She's still stuck on him, though. Keeps making comparisons between him and Drew. She's starting to realize just how bad her relationship was, and that never feels good. Believe me, I know." She shrugged and squeezed his hand again.

"But she's done crying and throwing pity parties and blaming herself, so I'm good with that." She thought about telling him about how Amy had pretty much jumped Drew the other day, but decided to let it go. It wasn't her story to tell, and she wanted to focus on the here and now. Especially since she'd distracted him all day with the idea of hanging out. But since they were talking about Amy and Ryan...

"Oh, yeah. I feel like I should ask how he's doing. Not that I really care, but I'd be interested to know the state of his face after his run in with Drew," she said. They'd be at the movies soon, but he had time to tell the story if he really wanted to.

"That's good to hear," Evan said in reply to her comments about Amy. When she asked about Ryan, Evan remained silent for the briefest second, considering what to say. She didn't like Ryan at all, and it was obvious she was looking for more of a "he got what he deserved" type response. Evan wasn't entirely sure that was the response he wanted to give. He knew Ryan deserved what Drew did to him, but Drew didn't deserve to be the one to do it. After a few seconds, Evan finally spoke.

"Ryan's face was pretty bruised, and I think Drew actually managed to hurt his chances with the ladies for a while." Evan smiled slightly, but it was strained. He wasn't too happy with the situation with Amy either, but Ryan was still his friend. He may be an asshole, but a friend is a friend. He sighed internally, turning into the movie theater parking lot. "I think Drew managed to do more damage to Ryan's pride than to Ryan himself," Evan continued after a bit.

Once he had found a place to park, Evan got out of the car and dashed around, opening Sophie's door for her. "Milady," he repeated, just like he had earlier.

Sophie picked up on the weird vibe and understood that it must be hard to talk about a friend like that. "I know you guys are friends, Evan. I know it must bother you that he got hurt. You don't have to be happy about it for my sake, you know. I am glad that his pride got taken down a good notch. I'm sorry if he's in pain, but I'm not super sorry." She shrugged a little and squeezed his hand. When the pulled into a parking spot. She took off her seatbelt and grabbed her purse, smiling as he opened the door for her. He was just so cute. She slid out of the car and smoothed out her skirt before she put her arms around him and pulled him down to her for a quick kiss. "Just because." With that, she took his hand again and led him to the door of the little theater.

Evan smiled into the kiss when she pulled him down. He was silent as she took them by the hand and led him on, towards the door of the theater. He opened the door for her, motioning for her to enter, following her in shortly after. "What movie are we here for again? I was kind of focused on just being with a beautiful girl like you."

He looked around, briefly, noticing that the small theater was packed. It was a Friday night, after all. Hopefully there would even be seats left for the movie that he and Sophie were here to see. "Lot of people here today," Evan commented, looking around. There were several very obvious couples, one or two of them off in a corner making out. Evan hoped that he and Sophie never became that couple.

Not that he would mind making out with Sophie all the time.

She giggled a little as he asked what movie they were there for. It would have been cheesy if she didn't think he was being genuine. "Identity Thief," she prompted. Sophie held his hand as they waited in line. "Well, it is Friday, after all. I guess a lot of guys wanted to go out with pretty girls tonight. I hope you don't find someone prettier and run off with her instead," she teased, squeezing his hand. An influx of people, pushed the line a little closer together and she pressed against him a bit. She didn't mind the extra contact at all.

"Look, I'm good, but I can't do the impossible," Evan said when she mentioned finding someone prettier. He smiled when she was pushed closer to him by the influx of new people, and he let go of her hand so he could wrap his arm around her. "But I'll say the same to you: don't go running off with some better looking dude. I'm not ashamed to admit I see a few of them about." Evan laughed a bit at his comment, stepping forward with the line as it went.

When he finally arrived at the counter, the clerk looked up at the two lazily. "What movie?" she asked, as if she had an infinite number of other things she should be doing. "Uh...Identity Thief," Evan replied, watching the clerk who tapped a few things on her computer screen. "Popcorn, drinks, or candy?" the clerk asked, and Evan looked over at Sophie. "Want anything, lovely?" he shot at Sophie, with his usual smile.

She laughed and kissed his cheek. "Never happen. Even if there is a cuter guy here, he'll never be as good as you." She smiled and stayed close, letting him keep his arm around her until they reached the counter. She shook her head at the question of whether or not she wanted anything and took her ticket when it was printed out. "I appreciate you calling me lovely, though," she said, heading off toward the theatre their movie was in.

She leaned up to him and smiled. "I have pop and candy for us both in my big purse. Why? Because why have a big purse if you can't smuggle stuff into a movie?" She smiled and walked with him, staying close. "Where do you like to sit?" she asked.

Evan nodded to her, ignoring the scoff his and Sophie's comment got from the clerk. "None of that," Evan said, holding out his card to pay for the tickets. The clerk took the card, swiped it, and handed it back. Within a few minutes, the couple had their tickets and were on their way to the theatre the movie was playing in. At her comment about big purses, he laughed, shaking his head and giving her a small kiss. "Now there is a statement I can get behind."

When asked where he would like to sit, he motioned to the back. "I usually go for the very back. That way if the movie sucks, and I pull out my phone, I don't bother anyone." He took her by the hand and led her to the middle seats in the back row, taking a seat. He watched as people filed in. After a few seconds, the theatre was pretty full, but the very back row remained mostly empty, with exception to a few people who sat on the edges. Evan made small talk with Sophie while he waited for the lights to dim, and once they did, he leaned to the side and threaded his arm around Sophie.

"I hope this is a good one." He said.

She smiled and followed him to the very back. "I like sitting up here, too. I like the view, there's nobody sitting behind you, drowning out the movie, or kicking your seat." She smiled and sat down with him, leaning into him as he put his arm around her. When the lights went down, she turned her phone on silent and handed him a bottle of Coke and a bag of candy. "I hear good things about it," she said with a smile. She leaned into him and enjoyed his warmth, his scent, his voice near her. Soon, the previews started and she commented on a few that looked good and some that she wouldn't want to see, as did most movie goers around them.

When the movie started, she relaxed and just enjoyed.

Ryan leaned against the light pole, looking around, a scowl planted firmly on his face. He knew the asshole had to be around here somewhere, and he was bound and determined to make him pay for what he did. Due to the large bruises on his face, Ryan had entered a dry spell of almost about two days, something that was until now unheard of. He was pissed, angry, and had a lot of pent up energy to release. Oh, that Drew guy was in for a rude awakening if Ryan ever saw it. Man was he gonna get it.

A couple of girls walking by caught Ryan's attention; however, they just giggled as they walked by, deepening Ryan's scowl. How was a man supposed to live like this? He couldn't get the girls, and it was seeming like he couldn't get his god-damned revenge. That little bastard would have to walk by at some point. Ryan WAS standing in the god-damned middle of campus.

Amy sat in her room, laying on the futon with a blanket thrown over her, watching the TV. She was almost asleep when she realized she was hungry, causing her to throw the blanket off of her, get up, and walk towards her phone on her desk. She knew Sophie was busy with Evan, and the thought made her giggle with her usual sappiness, but she wondered if Drew was free. If she could avoid it, she'd like to not eat alone. She knew it may still be awkward between them, but Amy was going to try her best to amend things, at least put their relationship where it was before.

Or would it be too mean to do something like that? She knew Drew wanted something from her she didn't want to give, something serious. Would it be bad to invite him to dinner with her? It couldn't be, could it? Amy shook her head, shooting a text to Drew asking what he was doing. She wasn't sure how long it would take him to reply, so she moved back to the futon and covered up, resuming her show. She'd see how Drew felt, and if need be, ask bluntly how he feels about it.

Drew was just finishing at the gym when he got Amy's text. He frowned a little and decided it was childish to ignore her. It would be worse to pine for her. He answered her text with a cheerful, "Fine, thanks. How are you?" And toweled off the worst of his sweat as he started to head back to his dorm. He wondered what she was up to? Not in a bad way, but in that "I haven't seen you around" kind of way. It was stupid because he'd seen her every day this week. Rolling his eyes at himself, he told himself to think of other things...like why Ryan was standing in the middle of campus looking pissed. Probably looking for him, Drew decided. But he wouldn't get sucked in. And if he did, he'd only defend himself. He promised himself that for Amy's sake, but also for Sophie's since she was dating Ryan's friend.

After what seemed like forever, Ryan spotted the fucker. His fists clenched, and he pushed off of the light pole, moving hastily towards Drew. It was then that a sudden stroke of brilliance struck Ryan. Drew was a protective guy, it seemed, from the way he jumped Ryan over the deal with Amy. Evan was now dating a girl he had been bitching about for a while being too stuck up Drew's ass to notice him, because Drew was too stuck up Amy's ass. From what Evan said, Sophie and Drew were close. Maybe that meant Drew would be protective of Sophie too. Ryan was harboring a little ill will towards his friends nonchalance about Ryan's welfare, so spreading lies and turning Drew against Evan would not only cause trouble for Drew, but for Evan as well.

That, and it was much less likely to cause more bruising. Ryan was a good fighter, but he definitely knew when to take a risk or not.

He slowed his pace, his expression becoming smug as he approached Drew. "Hey, fucker," he said, as he neared him. "Hear your girl is dating my friend." He said his last statement with a small smile, wondering how Drew would respond.

Amy recieved Drew's text, and she sent him back a quick reply. I'm good. You hungry? Wanna go get dinner? I don't want to eat alone, sorry if thats a bit awkward.

The name-calling did little to faze Drew. At this point, he sort of expected it from someone like Ryan. Someone who didn't have the guts to back up anything he said. He had no other cards to play but little names. And, frankly, Drew just didn't care. The mention of Sophie, however caught his attention. Without trying to show too much emotion he turned his head to look at the punk and stopped walking. "Your point?"

Not the most original of comebacks, but he was running out of patience. The sick fuck was probably just trying to get a rise out of him, but guys like Ryan often attracted people with similar attributes and he just had to wonder exactly what Evan was like. He frowned as the phone buzzed in his hand, but he let it go for now.

Ryan's smile widened, and he clicked his tongue. "You think I'm bad, but Evan is worse than me on every level. He taught me everything I know; how to cheat without getting caught, how to pick out the right women, even how to judge how to approach them. Evan is so good he can have one conversation with a girl and know whether or not he can fuck them by being nice, or mean. He can tell how exactly to get into their head, and make them want him and nothing else."

Ryan paused, looking around briefly.

"Hung out with Evan earlier, during lunch," Ryan said, his gaze fixing back on Drew. "That little asshat said he was going to take Sophie like he has never taken a girl before. Gonna send me some of the pics, the thoughtful bastard." Ryan laughed a little at that. "I can't wait to see what that girl has been hidin' under her clothes." Ryan gave a small chuckle. "All because Evan is a fuckin' pussy wizard." Ryan turned, walking away, givng a small wave back at Drew.

"Things between us are cool, man," he said, "Even though I think you are a little bitch. Evan's gonna get your girl, and I'm gonna get see it all. With a blow like that, I don't need to touch ya." With that, Ryan just walked off, a huge grin plastered all over his face.

He kept his face blank through the hole thing, though rage was quickly building beneath his skin. That little fuck...he was saying this to get under his skin. Consider the source, he told himself, but his big brother mode was going into overdrive. Sophie was definitely his weakness, and if anyone thought they were going to mess around with his girl they were in for a fucking rude awakening. He wouldn't fight Evan yet, though. No, he owed it to Sophie to calm down and just fucking watch the guy first. Maybe warn him off. Yeah...hadn't she said he treated her well? That could be an act, he supposed, but Sophie was smart. She was a pretty good judge of character these days.

Her high school boyfriends might have been awful, but she had better taste now, he told himself. He took a deep breath and looked at his phone, reading the text...Well, maybe he could find out more about Sophie and Evan from Amy. "Sure. Give me 20 and I'll meet you outside your dorm."

Back
Top Bottom