Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's giving me a complex (Candira and Agnores)

"Let's go back to my place for awhile. Unless you have a burning desire to take me to yours," she teased. She squeezed his hand and then steered them off toward the theater building again. She wanted to walk off a little of the food, and just take her time getting back. "So, tell me about yourself, Evan. I feel like you know more about me than I know about you," she said, looking up at him as they walked along.

As they walked, Evan smiled. "There isn't much to know about me. I have a passion for racquettball and some video games, I'm a shameless flirt, and I have the best girlfriend." He kind of laughed at how his last statement aided in his second. "There isn't much about me to know, I guess. You are much more interesting." It was true, in a way. There was a lot more immediate depth to Sophie then Evan could think of for himself. Besides that, he didn't want to sound like a bad advertisement talking about his "loyalty, good looks, and satisfaction guarantee!"

"What do you want to know?" Evan eventually asked?

She chuckled at his girlfriend joke and squeezed his hand. Cute little devil. "Well, I think you're more interesting than I am. But then, I don't know much besides your hobbies and what's on the surface." She smiled at him and thought for a moment as he asked what she wanted to know. "Tell me where you grew up? What was it like?" she asked, curious to know about what went into making him the person he was today. "I wanna know where you came from." With that, she hugged his arm a little and guided them past the theater building and toward her room.

Evan smiled, thinking off. "Well, I grew up here, in this town. Always knew I was going to end up in the school. Raised by my mom and my grandmother, because my father left the day I was born and my grandfather passed away was I was really little." He paused, thinking of other things to say. "Granny paid me to do well in school, and Mom taught me how to treat a woman. Was bullied a lot at a young age, partly because I was so quiet and unassertive. Even had to eat lunch with my grandmother, who was a lunch-lady at the time, just to avoid the bullies."

He paused again, wondering if that made him sound too lame. "Decided in high school enough was enough, ended up suspended a lot for fighting. Kept my grades up, though. Graduated the day before Granny passed." He paused again, remembering the emotions of that moment. "I graduated mildly popular. I mean, when you beat the shit out of everyone's bully, people start to like you."

He paused once more, feeling Sophie hug his arm. "Anything else?" He asked, at a loss for what to add.

So they'd both been picked on. Both for being different, and both, she thought, undeservedly. Oddly, she was very proud that he'd decided to fight back--a lot, from the sounds of things. Maybe it was because she never had. Or maybe it was because she felt he deserved better. Well there was something they both had in common. Still, she hadn't had it nearly as bad as he had--none of her bullies had tried anything physical, thank God. He'd been through a lot, and she got the feeling that he had a strong sense of right and wrong.

The fact that he'd wanted to make his grandmother proud, even if money might have been in the equation, also got him a good deal of points. She smiled as he told her he'd been mildly popular. She smiled again as he asked if she had other questions. Of course, she did, but for now, she would let him off the hook. She guided him into her dorm since they'd managed to get there while he was talking, and thought of some questions. "Thanks for sharing," she said with a smile. "Now, tell me your most favorite video game and why it is your favorite," she said, figuring she could learn more about him that way too.

That, and she just wanted to know. It was fun learning about Evan.

Evan looked around her room, briefly, smiling to himself. He hadn't realized they had made it here before he was all ready in the room. He felt oddly nervous for being here, unsure of how this night would continue, or even how he wanted it to continue. His mind flashed back to his shower, and he had to quickly shake those thoughts out of his head; he didn't want to embarrass himself.

"My favorite game?" He asked, inquisitively. Not the type of question he expected from her. Still, it was one he'd gladly answer. "Right now, Heavy Rain. Can't really explain why I love it, but I do. One of few games I cried due to my own mistakes." He gave a small laugh, smiling towards Sophie. "What about you?"

"Hmm, well, right now it's Ni No Kuni. It's a beautiful game, and fun to play. The main character's kind of lame, but he's only eight." She shrugged and put her things away in her closet before coming to sit on the futon. She patted the spot right next to her and smiled. "Come sit with me please." Though Sophie planned on giving Evan plenty of affection, she wasn't sure exactly how far things would go either. One thing was for sure--this couch had seen way too much drama today already. She wouldn't force anything.

"Okay, tell me what's your favorite thing--not people or pets. Those are technically beings. I want to know what's your favorite thing." She nodded and waited for him to get comfortable before she cuddled up to him.

"Never heard of that," Evan said, as Sophie mentioned her favorite game. "Might have to check it out, now."

Evan approached the futon, sitting next to Sophie; they were close enough to be touching, and Evan wasted no time in resting his arm around Sophie. "My favorite thing, hm? That's a hard question." Indeed it was. Evan hadn't thought of anything as 'his favorite thing' before. He spent a few seconds racking his brains, trying to come up with an answer. "Do zombies count? Those are pretty cool. Hm, guess they would technically be beings though...You know what, I'll go with racquetball rackets. I love the feel of those in my hand." He nodded as if confirming his answer to himself, smiling.

"What about you, gorgeous?"

She smiled as he put his arm around her. Leaning into him, she watched him struggle with the question for a moment. The zombies thing made her laugh, and she smiled as he told her about the rackets. "I'll keep that in mind," she said, happily snuggling into his side. When he turned the question around at her, she thought for a moment. "Hmmm..I guess my favorite thing is my stuffed tiger, Terrence," she said with a smile. "He's been my best and truest friend since I can remember. Plus he's cute and soft, and I got him from my grandfather before he passed away. It always made him so happy to see me with Terrence."

She smiled at the memories and looked up at him. "Well, we know a little bit more about each other. Is there anything else you want to know about me, handsome?" She smiled and looked up at him, just glad they could have this time together. It was good to know who you were dating. Now, she knew more about him.

"I'd love to know lots of things," Evan said, with a smile, leaning down and kissing her softly. "But I think I can wait and learn them over time."

He was incredibly happy to be sharing this moment with Sophie. They were alone, but there was no pressure to do anything. She seemed genuinely interested in him, as he was genuinely interested in her. She felt good snuggled against him, and Evan still felt jolts every time he planted a kiss on her. He was in heaven. His eyes eventually found her's and locked there; Evan became lost in her eyes, forgetting even there was more to her.

"I think I could get used to this," Evan said, leaning down for another kiss.

Sophie smiled at him, kissing him back, keeping it light and lovely. She couldn't remember ever being this happy so soon during a relationship. It felt so good to know that he wanted her to be with him. It was about more than just her body. He really liked her, wanted to know her. Every time she was with him she felt special and so lucky to have him. She watched him, her eyes tracing over his facial features again, taking the time to really see him. Before long, though, her eyes locked onto his, as well.

It was easy to get lost there when she was thinking of him and only him. And it was so nice to know that he only saw her, right that moment. "Me too," she said softly, kissing him back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and stayed close, letting her lips linger with his. It almost didn't seem real. He'd warmed her heart and won her over with such little effort. Even he seemed amazed. But now that they had each other, everything would be better.

Evan's arm tightened around Sophie, pulling her gently into him, bringing her closer. It felt good to have her so close, so near; the taste of her lips on his. His mind was swimming with a thousand different thoughts of how lucky he was, how special this was; he couldn't quite comprehend what was going on. He found himself getting drawn into the kiss, though he remained careful; he didn't want to push Sophie into a kiss that was too strong or passionate for her.

He was afraid of scaring her, possibly even taking the kiss to far, to something else. It was far too early in a relationship far too good to mess something up like that. Evan's kisses remained light and restrained. His other hand found its way around Sophie, resting on her back.

The artist practically melted with the sweetness of the kiss. She found her body relaxing as she leaned into him, letting him pull her just as close as he wanted. It felt so nice in his arms. Warmth and comfort seemed to seep into her and she felt her cares just slipping away. She liked kissing him. It was quickly becoming a favorite thing to do with him. She smiled softly against his lips and ran her fingers through his hair, enjoying the gentle exploration. After a long moment, she broke the kiss and smiled again. "You are very good at that. So good, that I promise to tell you when it's too much for me, kay?"

Someone like him wouldn't want to take advantage--yet another reason to like him. It would be hard to keep her head all the time, but she could stop things if it got to be too much for her. Best to get it in the open right away, she figured. And before he could say a lot, her lips found his again and she slipped into his lap.

Evan felt her smile, immediately going to the worst possible scenario: he was the worst kisser she ever had. The worries evaporated as her fingers ran through is hair, causing him to melt. He was pulled into the kiss completely, all other thoughts gone; he had no intentions of ever doing anything else. When she pulled away, it was as if a heavy weight fell onto Evan. He found himself back in reality, Sophie so tantalizingly near. "Sounds good," he said, and before he could say anything else, she was in his lap, her lips on his again.

Evan allowed himself to relax a little, allow a little more force and passion into his kiss. His hand found its way behind Sophie's head, pulling her deeper into the kiss; his tongue ever so lightly, as if testing her, brushed against her lips. Evan was again lost in the kiss, again he found himself wanting to do nothing but hold Sophie in his arms, have her so close; their lips meeting. He wanted this moment to last forever.

She'd forgotten how nice it was to be able to lose herself like this. He drew her in, that surprising passion getting her every time. Evan was the only person she wanted at this moment--the only person who really mattered. She returned is passion and force, kissing him deeply. Her lips parted without hesitation as his tongue asked for permission, and she met his with her own. She saw no point in holding back affection now. Not when he was so close. She leaned into him, enjoying his arms around her.

The kiss lasted a few seconds longer before Evan pulled away, taking in a deep breathe. He was so entranced in the kiss, he had forgotten to breathe. "Sorry," he whispered, "Forgot to breathe." He smiled at her, locking his eyes with her's, not immediately going back in for the kiss. "You know, if some guy told me I'd be making out with hottest girl in school two days ago, I would have laughed at them. Yet here I am." He looked away briefly as it crossed his mind that he was ruining the mood.

He only hoped she didn't think that.

She panted just a little as he broke away, catching his own breath. "That's okay. It happens," she said with a grin. Sophie blushed just a little at his compliment and kissed his cheek. "Every time I think you can't be any better, you say something like that." She smiled and ran her hands through his hair. "You are the sweetest guy I've ever gone out with. Possibly the sweetest one I know." Another kiss to his lips--soft and short before she pulled away to look into his eyes.

"Yep. I'm going to keep you for as long as I can."

"Good," Evan said. "I like the idea of that."

He kissed her again, deep and passionate; his fingers weaving through her hair. His other arm tightened around her. Once again, he lost himself in the kiss, lost himself in Sophie. After a bit, he pulled back again, smiling at Sophie. "Thought of something else I would like to know. Who is your idol?" It was a random question, he knew, but he had to distract himself. Too much more and he might embarrass himself, something he was really hoping to avoid this early in the relationship.

She smiled at his response and kissed him back as his lips took hers. For a very long moment, she let the passion take her over, all cogent thoughts evaporating. All that was left was the taste of him, the feel of his arms around her and his hair between her fingers. She loved the way his fingers wound through her hair, bringing her closer, demanding more. Sophie could easily have stayed like this for the rest of the night, but after awhile he pulled away. The question really threw her as she tried to get her brain to work properly again.

She stared at him for a moment. "Sorry. Gotta switch gears," she said with a laugh. "I've never really given that much thought, to be honest. I guess I'd have to go with Betty White. Because everything she does is just awesome." She chuckled and licked her lips, which were just a tiny bit swollen from their kissing. "What about you?"

He laughed when she mentioned switching gears, considering how spot on she was with what he was doing. "George Carlin for me," Evan said with a smile. "I love everything that man has ever done, for some reason." He smiled at her, letting his hand that was wrapped around her rub her back a little. "Sorry about the sudden switch there," Evan said, a slight blush hinting on his cheeks. He gave a small sigh, then turned back to Sophie, giving her a small kiss.

He wanted to continue kissing her, losing himself in her taste, and the feel of her body against his. However, he didn't want to end up pushing something Sophie herself didn't want. It was too early, he thought. Or was it? His eyes shifted away from her, his expression slightly conflicted.

Anyone with the tiniest bit of sensitivity could tell that something was bothering him. Though she was very much okay with going back to kissing him, she had a feeling he was a bit conflicted. Smiling softly, she cuddled into him as he rubbed her back. "It's okay, Evan. But is everything okay? Because you can tell me if something's bothering you. I promise it's okay." The artist stayed where she was, letting him hold her as she hugged him close, letting him break eye-contact for a moment.

To be honest, she hadn't really thought of anything past kissing him. Not that she didn't want him--just that she hadn't gotten that far yet. If he had made a move, she couldn't see herself turning him down, but then, when a guy kissed you brainless, you didn't say no. But right now, she was more concerned with his comfort than her own. Something wasn't sitting well with him, and she wanted to make sure that she fixed that.

Evan looked back to Sophie, a smile crossing his face. "Everything is more than okay," Evan said, with a chuckle.

"It just occurred to me how fast this moved along. Went on one date and here we are making out," Evan continued, still smiling. "Not that it bothers me," Evan added, "it was just a random thought." With that, he kissed her again, adjusting himself slightly so that he had a little more comfort. "How long do you think we have before Amy shows up and crashes our little party?"

Evan didn't honestly mean anything by the question, he was simply curious. He wanted to know how long he had with Sophie before their moments of bliss were interrupted, and before he had to return to his own room, alone. He didn't want to leave, didn't want these moments to end, but he knew that they had to. He simply would rather be prepared for it.

She smiled at his concern, running her fingers through his hair. She really was lucky to have found someone like him. He was worried about things moving too fast--something no other guy had ever been worried about with her before. Sophie had to give him credit for being sensitive enough to worry a little. She kissed him back and moved with him until he was comfy and she was too.

She didn't particularly care if Amy came back soon. The blond probably wouldn't mind that the two of them were cozy now. But she could see him not wanting to rub it in her face either. Another point to him. Oh well. "I'm not sure. An hour or two maybe?" Shrugging, she smiled at him. "I don't really know. She'll probably text or something before she comes back to make sure it's all clear. She seems like the sort to do that." She nodded and kissed him softly and then just cuddled into him.

"Mmm, tell you what, though. Let's not push it too much. We have plenty of movies to watch and good old tv. We have music, we have games to play. There's no need to rush anything, hun. And you can get to know me all you want before we do anything more than what we've already done. Plus, there's our date tomorrow." She smiled and kissed his cheek. "No hurry. As long as I've got you, I'll be happy."

Evan smiled, looking down at Sophie. He didn't want this to move too fast, it was true, as much as he would love to have Sophie right then and there. He wanted this to last a while, he wanted to be able to call her his girlfriend rather than that girl he hooked up with. After a few seconds of silence, Evan nodded. "Let's get a movie going, shall we?"

He felt himself relax a little at that notion, knowing he wasn't going to rush head-long into something with Sophie. He was glad to know they could take their time, really get to know each other. It may of sounded corny, but it was just the way Evan was raised; he needed to know the woman before he slept with her, needed to have some sort of connection. He intended to have that connection with Sophie before anything drastic happened.

Sophie smiled and kissed Evan softly as he suggested a movie. "Sounds great. Anything you wanna watch?" she asked, slowly, carefully getting off of him. The artist didn't mind waiting for Evan. Getting to know him was fun. "I have a plethora and variety to choose from." When they'd settled on a title, she got it going and handed him the remote. She made the futon a little more cozy with another pillow for him and a blanket draped over the back in case they got cold.

She got settled in, snuggling into her boyfriend--God, she loved that--and rested her head on his chest.

Back
Top Bottom