Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's giving me a complex (Candira and Agnores)

Yeah, I would be mad too. Again, I'm sorry.

Amy sat her phone down just as Sophie came in. She gave a sigh, looking up at Sophie. She was still ashamed of what just happened, and she was glad Sophie showed up. She would at least have someone to talk to about it. Sophie was glowing again, which Amy immediately picked up upon; it meant something more had happened with Evan. Her inner romantic budded, causing her to temporarily forget her troubles. "Oh, I can stay here. I don't want to intrude on you two," she said with a small giggle.

As the romantic in her died down, Amy began to wonder if her and Drew could ever have what Sophie and Evan had. They had barely known each other and all ready Sophie was glowing with a radiance that meant Evan was something special. Could Drew do that for her? Did Amy want Drew to do that for her? That was the real question, wasn't it. Was Amy ready for a real relationship?

Evan was all ready out of his dorm by the time he got Sophie's text. He had to admit he was a little disappointed it wouldn't just be the two of them, but beggars couldn't be choosers. He sent back a quick 'Sure.' and made his way to the dining hall, still a bit wobbly in the knees from his excursion in the shower.

"He already said it was okay," Sophie said, grabbing her wallet and phone. She hooked her keys on a belt loop and looked over at her blonde roommate. "You can come with if you want to. Really." At about this point, she stopped to really look at Amy. "Is everything okay?" she asked. Something in Amy's face said she was a little...perplexed.

Secretly, she really hoped Amy would back out anyway, but Sophie knew that if the girl decided she really wanted the company, then she would let her come along. Besides, would it really kill her to socialize with her roommate?

Drew sighed and decided to ignore his phone for awhile. He took a cold shower, thinking of all the least sexy things he could manage until he was calm again. Even with the cold, though, it took him awhile to get over the image of her pressed against him, wanting him, even if it was for all the wrong reasons. Sighing, he messed up his damp hair and put on some sweats and a t-shirt. Time to really dig into that homework and forget that women existed altogether. Well...if he could.

Amy thought about spilling everything to her roommate right there, but then thought it wouldn't be right. She'd wait, have dinner, and talk to Sophie about it later. Sophie should be able to help her through everything, but she didn't want to ruin any moments Sophie could have with Evan. She also didn't want to be alone. There was the part of her that didn't want to have to deal with the reminders of Ryan that Evan would bring, but she thought she could manage.

"I guess I'll go," Amy said. "I'm fine, though. We can talk later."

Evan stood by the entrance of the dining hall, looking around. Was he early? He was pretty excited about the whole thing, less so due to the presence of Ryan's ex-girlfriend, but nonetheless excited. She shot a quick text to Sophie.

'Am I early?'

"Sorry, yeah. We're on our way." She shot back. Even a text from him was enough to get a grin out of her.

"Well, if you're sure. Grab your stuff so we can go eat. Evan's waiting," she said with a smile. Once Amy had her things, the two of them headed out to the dining hall. Sophie waved when she saw him waiting for them and cheerfully greeted him. "Hey. Sorry we're late. Let's eat!"

She was determined to be happy and act as though nothing was weird about this arrangement. Maybe if she was cheerful enough, Evan would forget that he was probably a little disappointed that Amy was there and had had to wait for them. Amy might forget that Evan was one of Ryan's friends, and they might all have a really nice time. Who knew?

Evan returned the wave to Sophie, moving to hold the door into the dining hall for them. "It's okay," Evan said with a smile. Just the sight of Sophie made him giddy, and not even the presence of Amy could ruin that. "Hey Amy," Evan nodded in greetings to her. Amy returned a smile and a "Hey," however she had suddenly realized how hard it would be to be near one of Ryan's closest friends. She swore to herself she wouldn't ruin this moment for either of the two, as Evan had obviously seemed very happy when he saw Sophie.

Could Amy have something like that?

Evan let the two ladies enter before he followed behind them, hoping this wouldn't be too awkward with Amy in tow. He knew she knew that he was a friend of Ryan's, and he didn't really feel like hashing that event with her. "I haven't eaten here in a while," Evan said, with a small laugh. "Anyway, I'll go reserve us a table if there is one. I remember this place gets full fast."

With that, Evan walked off towards the back of the dining hall, showing his school idea to the lady at the door.

When Evan left, Amy looked at Sophie. "Did you see the way he grinned when you showed up?" She asked with a giggle.

Sophie smiled at him as he went to save them all a table, glad she'd managed to find someone so...right for her. At Amy's remark, she had to giggle along. "He's a sweetheart. I'm glad we...Oh, that's right. I didn't tell you yet. Evan and I are officially together now," she said with a grin. "Sooo happy about it," she said, letting them swipe her id card to charge this meal on her plan. "Let's get some food and then we'll find him," she said, looking into the sea of students at the crowded tables. She hoped he'd found something where they could sit close together.

"So tell me about your day. How did things go when I left to do my sketching?" she asked, picking up a tray and a dinner plate, looking over the lines.

Amy gave a small squeal at her news, the helpless romantic in her coming out once again. "That's so cute!" She followed Sophie in, having her card swiped, then continued with Sophie into the dining hall. It was crowded as usual, and Amy idly wondered if Ryan was in here. She definitely hoped not, since she didn't think she was ready to deal with meeting him face to face yet.

"My day...has been interesting." She grew silent for a few minutes after that as she collected her tray and dinner plate. "I think I scared Drew," she admitted. "I tried...to force myself on him."

She whispered the last part very quietly, hoping that only Sophie could hear her over the din of the people in the hall. "I don't know what came over me." She went over to the salad bar, piling her plate up, looking over at Sophie to see her reaction.

She shared in the little squee moment that girls indulged in from time to time before she started toward the salad bar with Amy. Her eyebrow rose at Amy's idea that she'd scared Drew. Her eyes widened when she realized it was because the girl had tried to force herself on him. She was stunned. Not only did she not think that Amy had it in her, but she thought it was hard to believe that there'd been such a quick attraction. "What?"

At least the girl seemed contrite, but that was a whole other level of wut. "So let me get this straight. I left you two alone, and you tried to jump him? I feel like I'm missing a few details," she said, trying to make sense of it, trying to figure out why it was this bothered her so much, and why it didn't seem to bother her as much as it probably should. She put together a salad of romaine and greens with some spinach--a small one for the side, and got a little cup of French for it before she moved toward the comfort food line, knowing she would need something to dig into in order to get through this.

Maybe it was a good thing she was finding this out while she was with Evan. If anybody could make her feel better about this situation, it was him. Just knowing that he was there would help tremendously.

Her salad was simple and small; romaine, topped with cheddar cheese, imitation bacon bits, green olives, and Italian dressing. She gave another hefty sigh, following Sophie over to the comfort food line. "We were watching a movie, and I don't know. It just hit me. Drew was being so nice. And for some reason I had it in my head that if Ryan could do things like that, I could. Drew resisted a little more." She took some of the chicken, green beans, and mashed potatoes off the line.

"I feel terrible," she said. "Drew kept saying I was special, and he didn't want to ruin a possible relationship with me. I don't know if I want a relationship with him, let alone at all."

Evan had wondered over to the food bars by this point, milling about and looking for something good. He had left his phone and several other items on the table to show it was taken, and knew from experience it would be unlikely if anyone took over the table. He found the sandwich line and jumped in it, not seeing Sophie or Amy through all the people.

Sophie opted for the comforts of crispy fried chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a flaky biscuit. She grabbed a little butter packet a jelly one before turning to look at Amy. "Okay. So I get that you liked the attention Drew was giving you." She was quite sure that he was doing everything in his power to make Amy feel good about herself. "You were watching a movie so you were on the futon probably. So you were sitting close?" she asked, trying to set up the scene in her head.

It still seemed wildly out of character for a sweet girl like Amy to pull something like this. "On the one hand I'm disgusted and a little upset you'd think that you could do that to him. He's my best friend, after all. But that part of me can't stay mad at you when you're already feeling guilty. Also, imagining you as a smarmy guy and Drew as a damsel in distress amuses me to no end." She smiled softly. "On the other hand, I'm a little impressed? That you would go for it, I mean," she said, slowly heading toward the dessert line. "I get the feeling you don't normally do much for yourself."

She shrugged and got a small slice of Italian love cake and slid it onto her tray. Just needed a drink and she'd be set. "I'm not going to do much to cheer you up because you really should feel awful and you need to work it out with Drew before I can really do much in the way of forgiving. So it is with the sisterhood of women." She shrugged. "That said, I won't make you feel any worse about it. You have to figure out what you want, and if you need time, then take it. But maybe let him know that, too."

"Yes, sitting on the futon, pretty close."

Amy continued to follow Sophie, feeling worse listening to what she had to say. She should have expected it, she knew, and she was glad that Sophie was at least being nice about it. She could deal with everything else as long as Sophie stayed nice. "I know," Amy said, "I am working on things. Just need to get myself figured out, I guess." She gave a small laugh, grabbing a piece of the same cake as Sophie. "Just thought you should know, since he is your friend. I know he'd probably tell you anyway, but at least now you know my side some-what."

Amy continued on, stopping at the soda machine and pouring herself a coke. She was lost in her thoughts about this situation, trying to figure out how to remedy it. She didn't notice Evan slip up beside her. "Hey, Amy. Follow me and I'll show you where the table is. Gotta find Sophie too."

Sophie nodded. "I appreciate that you told me. I shall remain a neutral party. But don't think I won't call you Snidely Whiplash," she teased. She left Amy at the soda machine, heading off to get herself some milk because she needed to feel like she was making a good, healthy choice. There was a little bit of a line and they were out of the skim stuff, so she got chocolate milk, knowing she would drink it. By the time she had all her items together, she'd lost track of everyone. Well, damn. She decided to head over to the soda machine to see if someone would find her there.

Evan looked around, missing Sophie and sighing inwardly. "Come on," Evan said to Amy, "I'll come back for her."

"Okay!" Amy said, turning to follow Evan as he pushed through the thickening crowd. "Damn, it gets busy fast," Evan said, looking back towards Amy to make sure she was keeping up. "Yeah, it does." Amy said, looking around. Evan led her to a table in the far back, where his phone and other items where scattered around. Evan sat his tray down, which held only a sandwich and a soda, looking back towards the soda machine. "I'll be back," Evan said, and with that, he was off.

Amy sat down, sitting her tray in front of her. Sophie was going to be neutral? She could handle that. After all, she had just started building a friendship with the girl, and she would be sad if that friendship was jeopardized all ready. She began to root around in her salad, taking small bites.

As Evan approached the soda machine, he saw Sophie. He pushed his way next to her, smiling at her. "Hey, beautiful, you lost?"

She smiled when Evan muscled his way over. She had to appreciate that kind of motivation. Her smile got a little brighter when he called her beautiful. "I certainly was. But it looks like you found me, hero. Say, I don't suppose you found Amy, too?" she asked, looking around. "I hope she didn't wander off alone." He was such a sweet guy--making room in their plans for Amy, taking it all in stride. She would have to find a way to reward him for all his trouble. Once she knew where Amy was, Sophie followed Evan back to the table, setting her tray next to his.

"Ah, at last. My meal!" She smiled and tucked into her salad, smiling at the others.

"Yeah, all ready saved Amy, like the hero I am." Evan said, smiling at her. "Come on, I'll take you to the table." With that, he led his beautiful charge back to the table, sitting down next to her and starting in on his sandwich.

"You make it sound like it's the first meal you've had in weeks," Evan said in reply to Sophie's comment, which got a small laugh out of Amy. Evan looked over to Amy, a contemplative look crossing his face. His thoughts had shifted to what Ryan had said, the reasons he had broken up with her. He felt bad that she had to put up with a guy like that, but if Sophie was right and Drew was into this girl, then she should be okay. As much as Evan hated Drew, Drew was a much better person than Ryan.

"So, Amy, how are you?" His expression was back to normal, that slight grin he had when he was around Sophie, his voice conversational. "I'm good," Amy replied, "You?' Evan just smiled.

"Surrounded by beautiful women, so I'm doing great."

Sophie laughed at his joke and nudged him a little with her shoulder. "Food and I have an agreement," she said. "I will always love eating it, and it will always love being eaten." With that, she took another forkful of salad, adding a little more French to it. She liked that Evan was making an effort to talk to Amy, too--even to flatter her like the shameless flirt he was. It spoke well of him that he would include her in conversation. She already felt better about the business with Drew. It was a little tempting to just put it out there on the table, but she decided that it was Amy's story to tell and not her own.

"Just as long as I'm prettier," she teased with a wink. She tried some small talk on for size--how are classes going? Lots of homework? Seen any good movies lately. Which reminded her to look up movie times. She pulled out her phone and started to do just that, dividing her attention between the device and her two dinner companions.

"You will always be the pretty-est to me," Evan said, laughing.

The table conversation was pretty enjoyable. Both Amy and Evan's classes were going good, with Amy having a little trouble in her math class. She ended up declining Evan's offer to help, since Drew was helping her out anyway. Evan mentioned that he had tons of homework, but he was putting them all off; Amy herself didn't have much in the way of homework. Amy joked about how she had tried to watch some movie with 'Tintin' in the title twice, but she hadn't quite made it around to watch it.

Evan said he was going to see a good movie tomorrow, despite not knowing what it was. "Find anything good?" he directed at Sophie.

Sophie had homework to do, but most of it was finished--just reading left to do, and that wouldn't be a problem for her. She cleared her salad through the conversation about classes and homework, moving in for her potatoes and gravy first. Lord how she loved her potatoes. She glanced down at the phone when he asked what she might want to see with him. "How about...Identity Thief? I've heard good things," she said, cutting into the chicken breast. Her eyes stayed on Evan while she waited for him to respond, glad that she could finally make a decision.

Everything was going well, and it was a welcome change from all the drama they'd been through lately.

"Ooh," Amy said, once Sophie had mentioned a movie. "I've seen that movie. It is really good. You guys should go see it," she said with a small giggle.

"Then it's settled," Evan said. "Identity Theif it is."

He had all ready finished his sandwich, and was slowly sipping away at his drink. Amy was still working on her salad, eating quite a deal slow then Sophie. Amy smiled over at Evan and Sophie, thinking they were too cute. Evan was smiling like a fool over towards Sophie, and Sophie, it seemed to Amy, had that glow she usually saw after being with Evan. It was almost perfect; it was the complete opposite of her and Ryan's relationship. She began to wonder if her and Drew could have something like that. She couldn't deny it would be nice, but she wasn't sure if she could handle it right now. Or anytime soon.

Her face had fallen slightly, as Amy had looked off in the distance. "Hey, Amy," Evan said, when he had noticed this after finally tearing his eyes off of Sophie. "What's up?"

Pleased that the matter had been settled, she put her phone away and continued to plow through her plate at a reasonable pace. She hadn't been aware of Evan's staring, but she was aware of a lull in the conversation. She looked up to notice that Amy seemed in a daze. Evan seemed to have notice as well. He managed to ask what was wrong first. Sophie watched her roommate wondering if it was about Ryan again. That a guy like that could break anyone's heart seemed so...unfair. He didn't deserve the women he had, and all of them were better off without him. But it was clear that Amy was a little broken up. Not so much because she missed him, Sophie surmised, but because she'd wasted so much time. Because he'd used her and she hadn't even noticed.

Sighing softly, she wished that there was something she could do to speed up the recovery process. It was one thing to be a shoulder to cry on, but with her mood changes recently, Sophie began to wonder if Amy hadn't changed on another level as well.

Amy's attention snapped back to the group, and she gave a smile. "Oh, nothing. Just thinking about things." She started back onto her salad, finally finishing it. From there, she moved on to her mashed potatoes. "You two have any plans for the night?" Amy asked inquisitively, wondering if this was just a start of a night together. She still couldn't quite get over how cute the two were together.

Evan gave a small laugh and looked over to Sophie. "I don't know, beautiful, do we have any plans for the night?" Amy gave a giggle at his comment, but Evan didn't pay attention to it, focusing his attention on the goddess in front of him. "I'm free," Evan added with a chuckle.

"Actually, I was hoping to spend a little more time with you," Sophie said to Evan. "If you wouldn't mind staying with me for awhile." The goddess smiled at him, discovering just how much she would really like to. He was free. She was free. And he deserved a big thank you for this. It may simply have been in his nature, but that didn't mean his kindness should go unrewarded. Besides--she was just getting to know him. It seemed like a good idea at the time. She let her gaze linger on his face for a moment before she turned her attention to her roommate.

"What about you Amy? Going out with any friends tonight?" she asked, wondering if the girl had been talking to anyone else. She smiled at the blonde, hoping that she had plans--or that if she was staying in the dorm she had something to do and wasn't just being by herself.

"Oh, really?" Evan asked, intrigued. "Sounds good to me."

Evan's gaze shifted to Amy when Sophie asked Amy what she was doing. Amy shook her head, frowning only a slight bit. "I have some homework to do, so I was just going to head to the library and get some of it done." Amy nodded after that, thinking it was the perfect idea. She wasn't sure what Evan and Sophie would do after this, but being out of the room gave them another place to be. Besides, she did have a little homework to do. So it was just helpful all around.

"Homework?" Evan replied, laughing and shaking his head. "That certainly doesn't sound fun."

Amy smiled. "Well, it needs to get done." With that, she continued on her meal.

Sophie got the feeling that Amy was a little distracted. Maybe spending time in the library on her own would do her some good. She decided that she couldn't always be around to help the girl through her troubled times, even if she wanted to. And sometimes, it was best to think everything through on your own first. "Well, okay. Good luck getting it all done." She smiled and finished up her entree before moving into her dessert, glad that she'd taken it after all.

When dinner was finished, the chatter waned, and the people ready to leave, they parted ways--Sophie and Evan in one direction, Amy in the other.

"Mmm. So, I know you'll probably say it was no big deal, but I want to thank you for letting Amy come along. You could have said no. You could also have been cold or awkward with her, but you were great. So thank you for that," she said, pulling him down to steal a kiss. "Now that we're alone, would you like to take the long way back to my room? We can talk for awhile, and I can make out with my boyfriend," she said with a smile.

When they had finished their dinner, Amy left the two love-birds to their devices, heading off to the library. Thankfully, she didn't have to go over to the dorm room, she could head straight to the library. "Bye, guys!" She called back to Evan and Sophie, heading off in her direction.

"Hey, no prob-" Evan tried to say before he was pulled into a kiss. When she pulled back and made her suggestion, he only smiled. "How could I say no?" He said, weaving his fingers through her's. "Where to?" he asked.

Back
Top Bottom