Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's giving me a complex (Candira and Agnores)

A movie? She could do that. "A movie sounds like fun," she said with a smile. "I'll see what's playing and let you know. Did you want to hang out together a little before the movie? I could show you some of my projects or finished work," she said, wondering if he'd be interested in her unfinished stuff. Probably not. She wasn't always keen on showing people things when they weren't finished either, but for some reason, she thought Evan might enjoy the process as much as the product.

"Or I could save that for another time. I'm pretty flexible," she said, a little surprised at how little apprehension she felt. It wasn't that she wasn't nervous or anything--she had some butterflies hanging around too. It was more that she was just so comfortable talking to him. That it felt nice to be wanted. That it felt right to be making plans with someone like him.

"Hang out before the movie?" Evan was a little embarrassed where his mind went at first, a soft blush creeping onto his face. He was glad he wasn't in person with Sophie, otherwise it would have been difficult trying to explain that. "That sounds great, actually. I'm curious on what kind of things you do," Evan said.

He smiled, thinking of getting the chance to hang out with Sophie. It would be great. He'd get to see great art, hang out with a beautiful girl, and even go on a true date with her. Evan couldn't be more blissful right now.

"Only thing missing for tomorrow is dinner," Evan said with a laugh.

Glad that he wanted to be with her, pleased that he wanted to see her work, and happy that he was thinking of what else they could do, Sophie smiled brightly. "Mmm, well play your cards right and you might be able to wrangle that, too." She smiled and felt a little warmer and more tingly. "So I'll call you when I look up movies and times--after I take a shower." With a grin, she looked up at the sky, so happy.

"Hey, Evan? Thanks for asking me."

"Hopefully I'm dealt a good hand," Evan said in reply to her comment about dinner. He was nervous, ecstatic. He felt like a hunter who just bagged the biggest boar on the land, still high off the adrenaline rush of catching his prey. He had been interested in Sophie since he had met her, and he was now finally getting the chance to go out with her, to spend time with her. He had caught his prey and he loved it.

Evan really needed to work on his metaphors, he silently thought himself.

"Hey, no problem. Thanks for saying you would go."

Spared from the metaphors Evan was thinking up, Sophie remained blissfully unaware of any unflattering comparisons. All she knew was that there was a charming, interested and interesting man at the other end, and he was happy that she was going out with him. She chuckled at his comeback and nodded, knowing full well he couldn't see her.

"Sure. Who wouldn't want to spend time with you?" she asked, glad that she could inflate his ego a little. "Well, I gotta run. The shower is calling my name and freaking out my roommate. I'll text you later about the movie," she said with a grin, which she also knew he couldn't see. After they said their goodbyes, she hung up and cheerfully headed back to her dorm, stopping herself from actually skipping. It just looked silly when you did it by yourself.

When she came back, she found the door unlocked and figured Amy was home. Stepping inside, she called out a greeting and slipped out of her shoes, tossing her gym bag with the shoes and various other necessary items into her closet before she saw the two of them together there. Oddly, she didn't feel the pang of pain and sadness she usually would in this situation. It was weird, but it wasn't painful anymore. "Oh, hey. Sorry. I didn't realize you guys were studying. I'm just gonna shower, and then I'll be out of your way."

She smiled and waved at them both before grabbing some clean clothes and heading in to the bathroom again. Huh. She wasn't a wreck. She only felt awkward. Maybe it was because she hadn't given Drew or Amy much of a chance to talk to her. Or maybe it was because Evan had asked her out again and she was still riding the high. Grinning like an idiot, the artist slipped out of her clothes and into the shower.

Drew blinked as Sophie came in, watching her, waving. She hadn't really smiled at him, but that didn't necessarily mean anything, did it? Before he got a chance to ask anything or get really distracted, she was in the bathroom and he was alone with Amy again. He focused his attention back on the blonde and smiled at her. "So, does it make sense now?"

"I can think of a few people," Evan said. Still, he was really happy to have heard that, and he felt like a million bucks. "All right, sounds good. Go save your roommate." After saying his goodbyes, Evan hung up the phone and fist pumped into the air. "YES!" he shouted, giving a small dance.

God, he was glad no one was around to see this.

"Hey, Sophie!" Amy called as Sophie entered into the room, smiling at her. "You aren't really interrupting anything, we are pretty much done, so don't think you have to leave."

She watched as Sophie moved across the room, grabbed her stuff, and disappeared into the bathroom. Sophie seemed very happy, Amy thought. Did something happen between her and Evan? She'd have to get Sophie to tell her later. Despite having been Ryan's closest friend, Amy didn't know Evan very well, but seeing the positive effect it was having on her new found friend made Amy like Evan a lot. Amy had always thought Sophie was a beautiful woman, but to Amy she seemed to be positively glowing; if a man could have that kind of an affect on her, he must be good.

When Drew spoke, Amy startled. 'What? Oh, yeah. It makes sense now," she said, giving a small giggle at the fact she jumped. "You are a good teacher," Amy added, smiling at Drew.

Drew smiled when she told him he was a good teacher. "Thanks. I'm glad you understand it. Let me know if you need any help or anything. Hey, do you mind if I stick around a little bit? I wanna talk to Sophie before I go. I know she probably has projects and stuff, and you have homework to get to, but I hope it won't be a problem."

Sophie was glad she wouldn't be interrupting anything, but it was still a little weird to hang around while they were working together. They did have a few classes together, so that made sense. Oh well. She took her time in the shower, making sure she went through every step of her skin and hair care regimen once she was clean. A good twenty minutes later, and Sophie was out of the shower, dressed in jeans and a college t-shirt, her hair dry and straightened, rather than curled. She wanted a more streamlined look for some reason. She decided to not put make up on, opting to just let her natural beauty take center stage. If she went out later, then maybe she'd put a little on to balance out her complexion and whatnot. Drew was still there. Huh.

She smiled at Amy and her best friend. "Much better. I hate walking around all sweaty. Actually I have some sketching to do, and I wanted to try my hand at some of the buildings on campus, so I was gonna head out anyway, so you're not chasing me. Though I could probably cheat a little and use a photograph or two of someone as references for when I do the sketches. I might if I get too tired." She smiled again. "So what's going on here?"

"No, stay as long as you want," Amy said, getting up and stretching. "I don't have so much homework I need to get started soon, or today even." That was really unlike Amy, as she was usually the one who did her homework the day it was assigned, if possible. Still, Amy didn't really want to do her homework, so she wouldn't. She'd just hang out with Drew and Sophie.

When Sophie came out of the bathroom, Amy turned and smiled at her. "Oh, nothing much is happening here. Drew is gonna stick around for a bit longer, if you don't mind." Amy sat down next to Drew. "You seemed really happy when you got back, Sophie. What happened?"

Either Sophie had very little make-up on, or none at all. Amy found herself slightly jealous that Sophie could look that good without make-up, when she couldn't exactly say the same. Sophie's change in hair-style also looked good on her, and Amy found herself smiling as she took in Sophie's appearance. Sophie was a very good looking girl.

Drew was a little surprised that she was so free, but hey, everyone worked at their own pace. "Well, I have some homework to start, but I wanna put it off a little bit." He smiled and stood up, stretching, just as Sophie came out and asked what was up. Amy gave a short answer, and he figured there was really no need to expand on it. He smiled at his childhood friend and had the errant thought that she was almost too pretty for her own good. It was part of what had made him so protective of her when they were in school together. He'd had an obligatory crush on her in middle school, but it lasted all of five minutes before he was drawn elsewhere. Since then, it was mostly brotherly affection, and no one ever seemed good enough for his honorary sister.

He had noticed her sunny disposition earlier as well. Amy, however asked about it first and he jumped in on that one. "Yeah, Soph. What's up?"

She flashed them both a grin and flipped some hair over her shoulder. "Oh, that? I have a date tomorrow night," she said with a smile. "With someone who really likes me." With that, she started to get together her art supplies, gently arranging them in one of her many tote bags--this one with little owls on it. It had many pockets inside and out, which made it a dream for carrying art supplies and keeping them organized.

"Oh yeah? That's great. Who's the lucky guy?" Drew asked, smiling. Any guy who was going out with her was lucky, alright. And if that guy messed with her, he'd be lucky to not end up in the emergency room.

"Evan," she said with a little smile. "You know, he-who-shall-not-be-named's friend. We had a nice time last night, and he asked if I'd want to catch a movie with him. I'm not sure which one yet--I said I'd get back to him." She shrugged a little and smiled again. "It just feels nice to be wanted again." Or ever, she thought to herself.

"Nice. Hey, Soph, can I borrow you for a minute?"

She blinked and tilted her head. "Um..sure?"

Then the two of them excused themselves while they hashed out what was going on between them--why hadn't she gotten back to him? Was she mad? No. Oh, good. Just busy then? Yes, and a little swept away. Did this guy treat her well? No, he sold crack to her. Laughter ensued and the two came back in with a smile and a hug.

"Well, if I start drawing from photographs I won't get up and go out to try something different, so I think I'll head out soon." With that, she finished packing her tote, grabbed her pad, phone, keys, and wallet. "Need anything? Wanna come with?" she asked, figuring she should take some music, in case they didn't. She retrieved this from her gym bag pocket and stuck it in the tote as well.

"No, I am good," Amy replied. "Thanks though."

Amy turned to Drew, smiling at him. "You can stay with me, if you want," Amy said, cocking her head to one side. Part of her would understand if Drew wanted to head out with Sophie, but there was that part of her that wanted him to stay. She was starting to realize that she actually enjoyed Drew's company. He was sweet, and she actually liked how it seemed he would fight for her on a moment's notice. It was something that Ryan would never do. The more she thought about it, the more she thought that Drew did a lot of things Ryan would never do...and she really liked that.

Still, Sophie was his friend. She would not be hurt if he decided to leave.

Evan's excitement over his date made him energetic; he had gone to the gym and used his newfound energy to show some newbies how to play racquetball. While he was playing, Evan had realized he hadn't heard or seen Ryan in a while; if his mind wasn't so caught up on Sophie, he would have been worried and tried contacting him.

Evan walked slowly back toward his dorm, thoroughly exhausted from his play. His legs wobbled underneath him, damn near about to give out on him. He pulled out his phone, checking it; still nothing from Sophie. It was making him kind of sad, to be honest, but he would live. Besides, he got her to say yes on a date, what else could he want from her?

The option to go sit with Sophie while she worked was nice because he could spend time with his friend, but he knew she would be focusing on whatever she was drawing, and he'd probably get bored unless he brought some homework with him. How lame would that be? It was better, he thought, to just let her be. The only other reason to go with would be to protect her, but Sophie would be in a public place for sketching. Nah. She would be fine.

"No, thanks, Sophie." And then Amy offered to let him stick around. His heart skipped a beat. Really? She was asking him. He grinned and tried to hide his enthusiasm just a little so he wouldn't seem creepy or overeager. "Sure, I'll stay for awhile." He did have homework, but it could wait for a few hours. He was in college right? Nothing wrong with an all-nighter now and then.

Sophie could smell the beginning of a connection forming between the two of them, and despite how well she'd been handling everything lately, she didn't want to stick around for it. "Okay then. I'll see you guys later." She smiled and then grabbed her bag before heading off to find a good place to start her homework. The theater building had the most interesting architecture and a central position on campus. Plus, there was plenty of seating. She decided it was the best place to start and sauntered on over. She put her phone on vibrate and slipped it in her pocket before putting in her ear buds and hitting some light orchestral music.

When she reached the building she took up a bench for herself, found the right angle for her composition, and began to break down the basic shapes that made up the theater. Her hands began forming what she saw in basic outlines in a light graphite pencil used specifically for this kind of thing. When she had the skeleton, she began to add details in a darker pencil, about medium range. Yes, that was right. She was thoroughly engrossed in her work, and didn't notice that a certain someone she had a date with tomorrow was taking a walk.

When Sophie left, Amy looked at Drew. "So, what do we do now?" She asked, a small giggle coming out at the end of her sentence. She was a lone with Drew, and as much as he had tried to hide it, it was obvious he was excited by that prospect. That right there made him so much more attractive. Ryan leaving her had made her feel like crap, unwanted. The fact Drew was excited to get to spend time with her made her feel the exact opposite, and she liked it. She had to admit she liked it a lot.

"We could try to finish that movie," she suggested, her eyes fixed on him.

As Evan walked, he began to idly wonder what Sophie was up to. Maybe she was working on some art of some sort? He wondered if he would could the chance to see it tomorrow. Evan kind of laughed to himself when he imagined he saw Sophie sitting on a bench outside of the theatre building, sketching something. As he began to walk by, he dawned on him, and he looked back to see that Sophie was indeed sitting on a bench outside of the theatre building.

How convenient.

He began to approach her, noticing before he embarrassed himself that she had her headphones in and it would likely be a wasted effort to yell to her. Keeping out of her peripherals, he slipped behind the bench and Sophie, looking over her shoulder to see what she was doing. It seemed like she was drawing the theatre building, and from the little she had actually put on paper, Evan was all ready impressed.

He didn't waste much time before he suddenly grabbed Sophie, yelling loudly.

Sophie was just about to grab an eraser when Evan grabbed her. Something between a scream and a squeak escaped her as she jumped and turned around to find Evan standing there. Heart racing from the surprise, she yanked out her ear buds and tried to figure out whether or not she should be happy to see him. A part of her was ecstatic that he'd come along, and the other part wanted to kill him for scaring her.

"Jesus! You scared me," she said, chuckling a little. She sighed in relief, hand over her slowly calming heart as she looked up at him. "You could have just stepped in front of me," she said, using a tone that was somewhere between mild annoyance and matter of fact. "But now that I'm over the shock, hey stranger." She smiled and motioned for him to take a seat. "What brings you out this way?"

Drew caught the giggle, figuring he hadn't masked his enthusiasm well enough. Oh well. It wasn't like it would be the last time he embarrassed himself. At her suggestion to pick up the movie he shook his head. "As I recall, we didn't really watch any of it. Might as well start all over again. But if you wanted to watch it, I'd be happy to." Here, he went to the stand where he knew it would be and handed it to her, lost for a minute in her eyes. They were just so pretty. "I don't think I mentioned it before, but you have beautiful eyes," he said, handing it over. "So much prettier when you smile."

When he complimented her eyes, Amy smiled, looking away then down. "I-Thanks," she stammered, a deep blush creeping up her cheeks. She quickly took the movie from him and scurried over to the TV, putting the movie in and starting it. His compliment was also something that Ryan never did. If Ryan did compliment her, it was purely a physical comment; it was about her breasts, her legs, her butt. Never once had she heard her eyes were beautiful.

She turned back to him, the blush still resting on her cheeks. "No one has ever said that to me," she said walking back towards Drew.

"I could have," Evan said, stepping in taking the seat next to her. "That wouldn't have been any fun, though."

"I was heading back to my room after wasting all my surplus energy at the gym. Now I think I'm going to hang out with this gorgeous little lady," he said, motioning towards Sophie. "Drawing the theatre building, hm?"

She rolled her eyes at his comment about it being no fun. "Boys. They just wanna have fun," she teased. Evan was an impressive man. Toned, but not overly muscular. Very nice facial structure. And she had to love the hair. His compliments sank in, earning him a dazzling little smile. "Well, aren't you just lucky I was here? Yes, I thought I would try my hand at some architecture. It's not coming out too badly," she said, finally getting out her kneaded eraser. She squeezed it to give it a bit finer of an edge and carefully removed the errant line.

"I'm doing my homework, like a good girl. If you're going to stay, would you mind if I drew you, too? I want to get a sketch of you and this building, and maybe another still life. It'd just be a sketch, so it would be over with pretty quickly. Probably no more than five minutes," she said, figuring that she wouldn't use any shadowing. "Maybe I'll find an excuse to hang out with you a little more tonight."

Drew knew he'd done well when he was rewarded with that rosy blush of Amy's. It was sweet and warmed her face in the nicest way. "Well, then, nobody you've hung out with is very observant." He smiled and then took a seat on the futon, waiting for her to do the same. He wouldn't push her, he thought. She didn't need to be pushed. What she needed was to be reminded of how beautiful and special she really was. To remember that she deserved someone who valued her more for her whole than the sum of her parts.

Besides, as much as his instincts told him to act now--to pounce, he knew it was better if he showed her that he could be patient. "Sit down with me, pretty girl. We have a movie to watch."

When she smiled at him, Evan couldn't help but return the smile. She was so beautiful, especially when she smiled, he couldn't believe she would want to spend time with him. Of all people on this campus, there had to be a people who looked a thousand times better then him, yet she seemed pretty happy to be with him. "Ah, that's cool." He said, still smiling like an idiot. "Sure, go ahead, draw me. I'll take any excuse to hang with you."

After a brief silence, Evan glanced over at her. "You know, though, we don't really need excuses. You could have just called and told me to get my sexy ass over here." He gave a small laugh at that.

Amy walked over to Drew, her eyes fixed on him. She was starting to notice just how good looking Drew was. He had a good build, comparable to Ryan's, though less muscular. He had softer features than Ryan, and didn't smell like smoke like Ryan did. Plus he kept feeding her compliments, which she was starting to get spoiled on. When she sat on the futon, she sat practically on top of Drew, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Pretty girl, hm? I think I can get used to being called that."

She recognized the mood she was drifting into with each compliment that was fed to her. She knew it well, and it was one of Ryan's favorite moods. She idly wondered if it would be wrong to do anything with Drew, how he would feel about that. As the movie started, however, she shook the thoughts out of her head. She couldn't do anything right now. It was too soon.

Sophie smiled, glad that he'd agreed to let her draw him. "Good. I'm glad I get a chance to draw such a handsome face. I just have to finish this building first..." And she went back at it, her hand moving a little more fluidly now than it had when she'd first been starting. She could give it more detail and some shading later on if she felt like it. For the time being, however, she needed to capture the windows and doors, the basic outline now finished.

When Evan spoke again she smiled and chuckled a little, catching a few more details of the large building before her. "I could have. It's pretty rare that people want to sit with me while I'm drawing though. I can get kind of sucked in. They always think they're interrupting me, but usually they're not. It's really not that different from listening to music while I draw." A few moments later, and the sketch was finished. "Perfect! Now, for a better look at you," she said, turning on the bench so that she was facing him. She used one of her knees to prop up the sketch pad and then told him to look straight ahead at her. "Just like that!"

She smiled and then started in, making a quick bust sketch--head, shoulders and just the beginning of torso. Then the features of his face came into focus. They weren't perfectly duplicated--for that she would want a photo--but each handsome feature came into shape and she couldn't help but add a little bit of shading here and there just to sharpen or soften them as she needed. "So, if I get to call your sexy ass and summon it where I please, does that mean I get to keep you?" she asked. It was only half a joke. They were dating, but did that mean she was his girlfriend now? Or was it just a casual kind of thing? Was it too soon to ask that and get a good answer? Maybe. Still, it seemed worth asking.

He hadn't thought she would react this way to him. He hadn't even thought that she would so easily forgive him. Astounded at how comfortable she seemed to be with him, he let Amy do as she pleased. He shifted a little to wrap his arm around her, letting her have more shoulder to lean on and giving him less of an issue if he had to move. It felt nice to have her so close, to have her trust him so much. Her comment made him smile. If he had anything to say about it, she'd hear it a lot more often.

"Comfy?" he asked, smiling a little. Yes, he could get used to this, too. Watching movies and holding Amy. Pretty, smart, and sweet Amy.

"I'll let you draw me anytime," Evan said, giving her a small wink. He stayed quiet while she worked, watching her sketch the building in front of him. He was impressed with how well she did, and he couldn't help but think of the disaster that would play out if he tried to do the same thing. "It doesn't bother me any," Evan replied to her comment about getting sucked in. "You should see me playing racquetball."

When she turned to look at him, to begin her sketch, he followed her directions, staring at her like she asked. "I could get used to having a girl like you looking at me so much," Evan said, but he remained mostly silent after that, keeping a smile on his face. His gaze poured over her face; her eyes, her hair, even how her face was structured was all so perftect and beautiful. He felt like he would wear that word out using it on her, but it was true. To Evan, she was the epiphany of beauty, and to Evan, all other girls should strive to be like Sophie. His smile widened as he gazed at her.

"Keep calling me sexy and handsome, and I'm your's." He laughed at that, looking away for a brief second before his gaze returned to her. "Seriously, though," he said, his eyes fixing on her's. "I've said this before, but you are the most beautiful woman I've ever met. I'd be nothing short of amazed if you wanted to keep me around."

"Very," Amy replied, shifting so she could look up at Drew. Every time she looked at him, he seemed more attractive. She wasn't sure if it was the growing mood she was in, or the fact he kept calling her pretty; she didn't care. Right now Drew made her feel like a million dollars, more than Ryan ever had even before the break-up happened. She found her gaze shifting over Drew's face, taking in all of his features. She found herself imagining her fingers running through his hair, his lips on her skin. She had been comparing him to Ryan all night, but now Ryan was forgotten. Drew was all that mattered.

She found herself placing a hand on Drew's chest, shifting herself as she pulled herself up. Before she had time to think of what she was doing, she had planted a soft kiss right below Drew's earlobe; it was a sensual kiss, a kiss that had been used on Ryan a few times when Amy had hit these moods. She pulled back slightly, looking at Drew and gaging his reactions. "Drew," she said. "I...guess I'm not up for a movie." Her voice was soft, she was practically whispering in his ear.

Amy realized just how long it had been since she had done anything. It made this mood of her's make so much more sense. They usually followed long dry spells.

Little by little, she got pieces of Evan--he was a serious racquetball player and he didn't mind that she showed such devotion to her craft. He was a shameless flirt with a wonderfully warm smile and she loved that about him. He had no trouble at all relaxing or setting her at ease. And his gaze was intense, but in the way that made her heartbeat speed up a little. She kept her focus on capturing all of these things as she worked, her hands moving quickly, fluidly, capturing all the details that made up that fabulous face of his. If she was beautiful to him, he was easily in the same echelon in her mind. And the more of that she drew, the more she came to realize it.

She was working on his hair a little more when he made the joke about being hers. What caught her off guard was what followed. She stopped working for a moment, blushing. Her eyes were just a little wide as she stared at him. "You've never told me that," she said softly. She held his gaze for another long moment before she finished up the sketch and turned it around to show him what she'd done. As he looked at it, she let what he'd said sink in. Nobody had ever wanted to be with her this much. It filled her with bliss to know that someone thought she was pretty much perfect just the way she was.

Then she smiled at him. "Consider yourself amazed, handsome. I sure am. I don't think I'll be letting you go any time soon."

The movie was a nice distraction--it kept him from thinking about Amy in more...well, risque ways. Fantasizing was dangerous in the presence of the woman he wanted so much. Maybe that was why he went into a state of shock when she kissed the sweet spot just beneath his ear. He must have turned six shades of red as his brain shut down. What? WHAT?!

He shivered, pleasure spreading from that one point of contact as she practically purred to him. This movie was just never going to be watched, he decided. "I...What?" He couldn't believe that this chance had been given to him and he was this flustered already. Was she serious? Of course she was serious! Look at her face! He gulped audibly, forcing himself to keep calm. He could go along with this--and damnit did he want to--and they could have a very nice time together. Or he could wait until they had a deeper, stronger connection and they could have a relationship together.

Once he collected himself--which took herculean effort--he looked down at her and into those beautiful eyes. "No movie, huh? And what do you want instead?" he asked, watching her. He ran his fingers through her hair, gently smoothing it away from her face. He wanted to understand. He wanted to give her what she needed.

Evan sat in silence for a second, her words sinking in slowly. "Damn," Evan finally said, looking away from Sophie. "I don't think today could get any better."

He looked back at Sophie, smiling like he was the happiest man on the planet, likely because he was. His eyes washed over her, taking in all of her details again; realizing they were even more beautiful then the first time he saw them. "Wow," was all he managed to say after a brief silence. "I'm not even sure what to say right now."

His locked onto her eyes, watching her with the utmost interest. What does someone say right now?

Amy remembered a similar situation with Ryan; the roles were reversed, but it was identical. Amy had settled into watching a movie with him, but Ryan had other plans. When she had asked the same question Drew had, Ryan had only replied, "You." Amy gave into Ryan then, remembering that she had not enjoyed the moment at all. However, this time Amy was in Ryan's position, and Drew was in her's. She felt like she sort of understood what Ryan must have felt like in the same situation.

"Just you," Amy said softly, pushing herself forward until her lips met Drew's. The kiss was forceful, backed by a need to feel wanted after suddenly being dropped by someone she thought she would spend the rest of her life with. This was so out of character for her, but she liked it. She wasn't worried about who to please, in this mode it was all about her, and all about what she could get Drew to do for her.

She smiled and chuckled at his disbelief. He seemed literally stunned. She hadn't actually imagined that he would be amazed, but apparently, he hadn't been exaggerating in the slightest. Putting away her sketchbook, she kept glancing up at him. It was truly amazing to her that she could have left him speechless. "Well, if you don't know what to say, then don't say anything," she said, leaning forward and kissing him softly. "I'm all yours, Evan." Saying it made her feel warm and so very light. She stayed close to him, just smiling and letting him take it all in just like she was.

Drew was pretty sure she was being honest about what she wanted. Far be it from him to question her judgment....but was it really what she needed? Then she was kissing him brainless. His arms instinctively wrapped around her, drawing her close and feeling her soft body press against his. One hand wound its way into her hair, as he kept her closer to him. He was definitely giving as good as he got. He was only human, after all. But he knew that it couldn't go on. He couldn't let things get any further along, as much as he might want to. Making out was one thing--sex was quite another. It was a whole different beast, and he knew better than to think that it was what she really needed. Maybe they both wanted it--but it had been only been one day. Was this really a want and need for him? Or was it something else? Because if it had been anyone else, he could deal with being a rebound guy. But not Amy.

After a long, steamy, needy moment, he managed to untangle his tongue from hers and break away, panting softly. "As much as I would love to continue that," he said, looking down at her. "And as much as I have always wanted to hear you say that to me--God knows I have--I can't let you go much further than this Amy. You're too special," he said, feeling like the biggest idiot. But he had to stop. He wanted things to last, and he got the distinct impression that this was not the way to go about it.

"I like the sound of that," Evan said, leaning into Sophie for a kiss. His fingers threaded through her hair, the kiss was light but emotion-filled; if Sophie had any doubt about how Evan felt, this would be the kiss to dispel that. It lasted several seconds, Evan taking in everything he could about Sophie. He found little details he could not see before; with each new discovery he became more and more sure of himself.

After a few seconds, Evan pulled away, looking around with a smile on his face. "Keep on like this out here, and people might get jealous."

"Shut up," Amy said, pushing herself back into the kiss. Amy wasn't herself anymore; she had tasted a bit of something sweet and was now ravenous, wanting nothing more then to be satisfied. She knew if Drew gave into her, she would be able to forget everything for at least an hour. She'd be free of comparing everyone and everything to Ryan. As well as she had felt today, she realized now she was not okay. She was meerly hiding from her feelings. She now had the perfect way to escape, and she wasn't about to let Drew stop her here.

Knowing that Drew could resist her easily, she did something that usually worked on Ryan when she needed to calm him down or make him see things her way: one of her hands found its way to Drew's thigh, running up his pants and resting on his crotch, giving it a light squeeze. Amy had to admit, just from that feel...she was probably going to enjoy what was in there.

Sophie melted as he kissed her. A slow, blooming warmth in her chest made all other thoughts and worries vanish. Free to appreciate the moment, she ran her fingers through his hair and let him do the same. Her eyes fluttered closed as she kissed him back. And then he pulled away, and he had the cutest expression. "Well, we can't have that," she said with a chuckle. She leaned back and looked him over again before she stood up. "You should go grab a shower and meet me for dinner. I was just gonna head to the dining hall for something tonight. Unless you'd rather eat alone."

Meanwhile, in his own personal hell, Drew was fighting the temptation to just give her what she wanted. But the way she was going about it was wrong. He was trying to keep her from regretting this later on. And frankly, the way she was forcing herself on him would have been a huge turn on any other time. Now, however, it was just making him angry. She managed to stun another kiss out of him and before his brain engaged again and forced him to stop, and then she decided to play dirty.

He'd started to harden a bit when she'd kissed him in the first place, but now, as he felt her hand through the fabric of his pants, he felt himself getting harder faster. Why did this have to happen now? Groaning in immense frustration, he grabbed her shoulders and hauled her off of and away from him, springing up off the futon. "You're killing me," he said, voice ragged. "I want you so bad...but this isn't right. It's not fair to use me like this," he said, a little heat coming in behind the words. "So I have to go. But you're fucking killing me." He growled a little and grabbed his bag before he left in a hurry.

Evan stood up with Sophie, shaking his head at her last comment. "Would I rather eat alone? Hm...I think I might," He replied, giving a pause and starting to walk away. "NOT!" He said, quickly dashing back and planting one last kiss on Sophie. As he turned to really head back to his dorm, he shook his head at Sophie. "A man can get addicted to that, you know," he said. "Anyway, I'll meet you at the dining hall in half an hour." And with that, Evan practically bounced back to his dorm.

It didn't take long for Evan to strip down and jump into the shower once he returned to the room. Evan let out a sigh as the warm water hit him, and his mind ran back to Sophie on the bench. The feeling of her lips on his was pure ecstasy; it riled Evan up. His mind soon shifted to more naughty thoughts: Sophie's perfect body pressed against his, her scent enveloping him while his lips danced over her neck. He imagined her every intake of breathe, her subtle body movements; he imagined the taste of her on his tongue, a taste so sweet and heavenly Evan could barely contain himself. He imagined their passions uniting, her wrapping her legs around his waste, calling out his name.

Evan's hand was a poor substitute for what Evan imagined Sophie to be like, and the ensuing rush of pleasure exploded out and nearly brought Evan to his knees. "Oh, man," Evan said, trying to stand up. "What have I gotten into?" Evan finished his shower, his thoughts remaining on Sophie the whole time. He cleaned up his mess, dried off, and dressed in a pair of jeans and a polo, before nearly dashing out of the door again.

Amy just sat there, staring at the door that had shut behind Drew. Was she not attractive? Was that why Ryan left her and Drew refused to take her? Was she just a broken wreck? What was wrong with her?

That last question was the hardest to answer. Her emotions were out of whack, and she wasn't sure exactly what had just happened. She felt embarrassed and ashamed. She still felt horny. She wasn't sure what she wanted, but she knew she didn't want to be alone. She got off the futon, walked over to her desk where he phone lay. She thought she should call Drew, but decided against it. Instead, she just texted him.

I'm sorry for how I acted. I was just lost in the moment, wanting to escape from my problems, I guess. I'm glad you think I'm special enough to not take advantage of me. Again, I am sorry for how I acted. Please don't hate me.

She sent the message, then created another message for Sophie. She wanted to have a little girl time, see if Sophie couldn't help her figure out what was going on inside her head. What are you doing for dinner? she shot to Sophie, sitting at her desk and waiting for a reply. As she waited, Amy had to fight thinking about what just transpired. She couldn't let herself break down just yet. If she cried or got angry or sad right now, she wouldn't want to talk about it. She needed to get this out.

Sophie smiled the whole way back to her dorm, never having been quite so impulsive with her choices before--at least not when it came to relationships. But then, nothing had ever seemed so right to her. It was easy to be with him, and he wanted to be with her. He liked that she was focused and seemed to enjoy her artwork. Aside from that, he was sweet and flirty, and he knew when to take a step back--even if he didn't want to. She thought back to last night and the way he'd been disappointed to leave her, despite having other things on his mind. Now, that, she decided, was someone who had their priorities straight.

Her mind drifted back to their kisses and she struggled to keep herself from going gooey inside. She could still feel the touch of his lips on hers, remember the way he tasted. He was patient and thoughtful, and though he hadn't pushed her for anything more than a kiss, she could already imagine what it might be like for the two of them. Blushing deeply, she came back to the dorm to stuff her drawing materials back into her closet for now. Before she was all the way up the stairs she got a text from Amy.

"Well, this is new," she said with a little tilt of the head. Drew must have gone home for the evening. It was probably best to not leave the girl alone, but she really wanted to be with Evan. Sighing, she figured she may as well ask the girl to come with them. She groaned inwardly and sent a text to Evan about it as she came back to the room.

"Got your text," she said, watching the blonde. "I'm actually having dinner with Evan at the dining hall. I just asked if he'd mind if you came with." Her happy glow was still pretty radiant, or she might have picked up on the fact that something was wrong.

All that time he'd spent fantasizing about her, and now this? Part of him was pissed that fate would send him such a curve ball. He could have sex with her, just not a relationship, apparently. Another part was pissed that she'd tried to use him, playing on his weaknesses. The last part of him was just sad that he hadn't taken advantage of it, because now he was horny and wasn't sure what to think about it.

The worst part? He'd left an emotionally unstable woman alone, having stopped her advances and taken away her power in the moment. Groaning inwardly, he knew that one of three things was happening right now as he tried in vain to do his homework. She was either crying and blaming herself for the whole situation--which wasn't entirely accurate--and wishing she knew what was wrong with herself, pissed because he'd walked out and she'd taken it as a personal insult, or she was some confused mixture of the two. He hated knowing that he'd done that, but wasn't he a person, too? Was it really wrong to expect that she have sex with him because she was attracted to him on all levels and not just physical?

He now understood why women got so upset when men pressured them. Thanks to this, though, that understanding was on a whole new level. Growling a little he stood up and ran his hands over his face. And then his phone went off. He read Amy's message and figured she was having a the first reaction. Sighing, he sent her a reply.

"I don't hate you. A little mad, but wouldn't you be?" Frustrated he typed it out and sent it, wishing that he could fix all this.

Back
Top Bottom