Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's giving me a complex (Candira and Agnores)

Amy smiled. "So I bet you know all sorts of juicy gossip about my roommate!" Amy joked, poking Drew in the arm. "You have to tell me some!" Amy loved gossip. It wasn't that she was mean or malicious, or even enjoyed talking about people, she just liked to know people better. That said, her roommate was the one person she saw on a daily basis that she knew the least about; she was really unsure how that had happened. About all she knew about Sophie was that she was single, friends with Drew, and an art major.

She'd have to change that now.

Evan laughed when he was called a shameless flatterer. "A dartboard, huh?" he said, shaking his head. "Yeah, let's go get some food. Pizza sound good? I know of this mom and pop joint not far from here that has the best pizza known to man. If you don't want pizza, that's cool, but I am gonna drive. I have this thing about riding passenger in cars." Evan motioned off in the direction of his dorm, his car being parked in the parking lot on the other side of it. "Shall we?" he asked.

Sophie smiled at him, suddenly very much in the mood for pizza. "Sure. Let's go!" She grabbed his hand and walked in the general direction of his car, letting him take the lead when they got to the lot. A short drive later, they wound up at a quaint little pizzeria. The lighting was dim--but only to add a cozier atmosphere. Booths lined the walls in green vinyl, tables of various sizes taking up most of the rest of the space. It wasn't very big--you could probably seat 30 or so in Sophie's estimation. It was charming, clean, and smelled heavenly.

"God, I love the smell of pizza. You get bread and garlic smell in one shot," she said with a grin. "Good choice, Ev." She would have to remember this place next time she wanted Italian. They had plenty of time to talk about Amy's problem, but for now, Sophie just wanted to have a nice time with a friend.

Drew had never seen this more playful side of Amy--even when he visited now and then. Her plea for gossip got him to thinking. Sophie would probably kill him if he told Amy anything too embarrassing, but he had to give the girl something. "Well, I might. But I'm not sure if I should share it," he teased, grinning a bit. "Will you protect me when she tries to kill me? Or is there something else I can get out of it?"

"Hm, I don't know if I can protect you," Amy said. "But maybe I can get you something! What do you want?"

Even Amy was beginning to think her mood was weird. Even on her happiest of days she wasn't this playful with her friends, let alone someone like Drew whom she barely knew. Maybe this was a sort of escapism from her real feelings, she thought. Instead of being depressed and dreary like she felt, she acted really playful and chipper so she didn't have to deal with her depression. She thought that may be it, but to be honest, she didn't mind it so much. Drew seemed to enjoy it, which was a plus. That, and she might get to learn a little more about Sophie.

"I may tell you something about myself in return?" She offered.

Evan guided Sophie to a booth, smiling at her. "I love this place. Service is great too," Evan said, as a waitress popped up beside them. "What would you like to drink," the waitress asked, pulling out a pad and giving them both a big smile. "The usual for me," Evan said, returning the wide smile. "Also, this is my friend Sophie, and its her first time here." He finished his sentence with a wink, and the waitress chuckled.

"Ma'am, what would you like to drink, and what do you not like on pizza?"

It was a pretty nice place and not very crowded. When Evan guided her to the booth, she figured he was a regular. "It certainly seems like it's special," she said, slipping into her side. The waitress popped out of nowhere, but her sudden appearance added a bit of flair to the place. Though Sophie didn't really get the joke between Evan and the waitress, she was game for an adventure. And she was always attracted to the mysterious, which she blamed on her gypsy heritage. From the questions she was being asked, it sounded like she wasn't going to get to choose the toppings, per se.

"Well, I'll have the closest thing to Coke you've got, if that's okay. And I don't like pineapple, olives, anchovies, or Canadian bacon on my pizza." She shrugged and watched the waitress, utterly fascinated with the process that was taking place. She'd never seen anything like this before. How like Evan to take her to a place for a basic staple of college food and give her an entirely new experience. He was full of surprises, and it was one of the things she liked about him.

Drew chuckled at her response and wondered if there was a limit on what he could ask for. Of course, he knew there was, but it was fun to think of the many different ways this could end up. Several fantasies shot through his brain, but he managed to clear his head enough to pretend to consider her real offer--information about herself. Fascinating. Well now, this might work out well for him. Just getting to know her seemed like it was going to be fun.

"Sure. I guess that's a fair trade. What kind of things did you want to learn about Sophie?"

"I don't know," Amy said. After a few seconds of staring at the movie playing, she smiled. "Tell me something she did that she may find embarrassing!" Amy said, giving a laugh. It wasn't that Amy intended to use the information against Sophie, in fact, it was likely she would forget the information within a few days. However, Amy had never seen Sophie embarrassed, so it would be interesting to know what kind of situations actually did embarrass. "I'll give you an embarrassing story in return...maybe." She teased.

"Perfect," the waitress said, turning to Evan. "So one of our special house pizzas, so should I make it a large so you can have some," she asked, to which Evan laughed. "You shouldn't even have to ask, Kate." The waitress smiled, gave a small bow, and saunted off to the back of the pizzeria, where she could be heard yelling out the order. Evan looked at Sophie and smiled. "If you haven't noticed, I come here a lot. Their house pizza is amazing. For a lot of their pizza's, they use normal ingredients that most restaurants use, but specifically on their house pizza, they use ingredients they made themselves, with sauce and dough they made themselves. Its literally heaven in your mouth."

As he finished his spiel, Kate appeared again, placing drinks at their table. "Don't ruin it for her," Kate said, lightly tapping Evan on the shoulder before disappearing again to help other customers. Evan watched her walk off, then looked back at Sophie. "The first time I came in here, I was by myself, and they didn't even let me order a pizza. They just gave me that one, on the house. I have been hooked ever since."

Evan took a sip of his drink, his eyes fixated on the golden goddess sitting across from him. "So, wanna get this Amy business out of the way? Maybe we can finish that up before the pizza shows up and enjoy ourselves."

Amused, Sophie watched the waitress confirm things with Evan and laughed a little when Kate left. This was just the kind of place Sophie loved on principle. The building itself was charming and had great lines. The atmosphere was just right, and the service was familiar, but in the best way. Glad that she'd agreed to come, she let her hazel eyes shift to Evan as he explained the pizza only to be admonished by their server. Chuckling, the girl sat back in the booth, fully enjoying the experience.

"Thanks for sharing this with me. Next time you come, let me know and maybe I'll come with." When the talk turned to Amy she nodded. "It seems like a good way to do things. I know you're friends with Ryan, so I'll try to keep that in mind. I'll tell you what I know if you tell me what you know," she said, tilting her head a little.

Drew shook his head, smirking. "Sorry, but I can't accept a maybe. Equivalent exchange or nothing," he said with a grin. Before she had the chance to back out he launched into a story. "When Sophie and I were learning how to read, our teachers took us on a field trip. We each had to have a little beginner's book with us because we were going to read to senior citizens at the nearby home." He smiled here, remembering it with affection. "Well, Sophie was a pretty good reader, even back then, but sometimes she would stumble a bit. So she was reading along and she forgot how to read 'river.' So the old woman she's reading to naturally jumps in to help Sophie out. And Sophie says, 'Oh, so you can read!'" He chuckled and shook his head. "She thought that since we were reading to them, they couldn't read for themselves, which is a logical conclusion if you think about it. Poor Sophie. Every time someone tells that story she goes beet red and tries to defend herself."

His green eyes locked with hers. "Now you."

"But, but -" Amy didn't have any time to argue before Drew jumped into his story, causing Amy to sit back with a slight pout and listen. She laughed at the end of it, shaking her head. "Sounds like something Sophie would do, though." When he made the mention it was her turn, she sighed. "Fine," she said.

"When I was in elementary, one of my teachers liked to allow us to paint at the very end of class. One day I was particularly sleepy, and fell asleep sitting up in my chair because I was done. I didn't wake up until I felt something wet all in my hair and over my neck. I realized shortly after that my head had fallen forward, hit the paint tray, and flung paint all over me and the kid behind me. Everyone laughed for weeks about it!" The memory brought a slight blush to Amy's cheek, but she laughed it away.

"Funny enough, I became best friends with the girl it hit," she said. "Anyway, its your turn."

Evan sighed, sitting forward, resting his elbows on the table. "He didn't really say much. He just showed up as usual to our racquetball game, said he'd left Amy, and started playing. He made it sound like it was nice and clean on both ends, so I didn't think about it much. Amy really torn up over it?" He didn't really want to get into the full truth of what Ryan had said. The guy had been nothing short of a jerk about the whole situation, and it made Evan sick. Ryan was his friend, and not a bad guy, but it was hard to like him thinking about how he had been about the break-up.

Sophie frowned. "Well, she was practically in tears when she came in today. She left class early to come back and I don't think she counted on my being there. I told her not to hold it in, so of course that means she bawls." She sighed, wishing there was something she could do. "I finally got her to tell me, between sobs, that Ryan left her. And, of course, she launches into the same thing all girls do when they're blind-sided: the 'What did I do wrong?!' thing. I'm thinking if it came out of nowhere like this, it wasn't really her fault. I told her that, but I know she's still thinking it's something she did."

She took a sip of her pop and sighed. "Poor thing. There's nothing to be said that can comfort her, so I figured if I knew more about what happened, maybe we could sort out a reason and give her a little peace of mind. He didn't say anything else when you played?"

Drew smiled at her story, chuckling a little. She was cute. "Aww, do you remember what color it was?" he asked, only partly teasing. He kind of wanted the proper visual: a little girl with paint in her hair. "At least you got a friend out of it," he said with a smile. When she said it was his turn, he thought carefully about it. Anything too embarrassing and he really might die. Sophie was sweet, but if she found out about this, she might not be so friendly anymore.

"Hmm...Well--and you can't tell her I told you this--when Sophie was in middle school, she wanted to be in a girl group. Ya know, like the Spice Girls? She used to get together with these two other girls in our class and practice singing and dancing. They weren't that bad, but she's super embarrassed about it now. She claims to not like girl groups anymore, but I know for a fact that she has a Spice Girls CD and a Destiny's Child CD stashed somewhere in her collection. Oh, and I know she came up with a stage name for herself, but I can't remember it."

"I believe it was blue paint," Amy said with a small chuckle.

After hearing Drew's story, Amy laughed. "That's funny. I think I can promise not to tell," Amy said with a wink. "I had a kind of similar experience in high school. Ryan asked me out by getting his friends together and doing a song, complete with dance number, by Backstreet Boys since I was still really into boy bands." It took a second for it to register to Amy what she just said, and the girl seemed to deflate; her head fell into her hands, a soft sob escaping from her lips.

"He was so sweet," she said. "And now he is gone because I did something wrong..." She was starting to cry again, and she couldn't hold it back.

"No," Evan said, "Not about that, anyway." Evan shifted in his seat, his gaze falling away from Sophie. He couldn't tell her what he had really said. He couldn't do that to a friend. "All I can say is she shouldn't blame herself." Evan hoped that his statement didn't imply he knew more that he wasn't telling, and if it did, that Sophie wouldn't catch on. "If she is that torn up, though, we should try to find a way to cheer her up. Throw her a party or something."

Evan looked up and suddenly sat back in his seat with a soft, "Ah." Kate had re-appeared, holding a pizza that was still steaming. The smell of garlic, Parmesan, and spices wafted the booth, causing Evan's mouth to instantly water. He sat up in his seat as Kate placed the pizza down, rubbing his hands together. The pizza was topped with all sorts of meats and veggies, the crust has a light sprinkling of cheese and garlic. "Enjoy," Kate said, smiling big. "Save room for our special couple's desert!"

Before Evan could say anything, Kate was gone, and he shook his head. "Couple's desert, huh? I like the sound of that," he said, with a wink towards Sophie. "At any rate, why don't we can this Amy business for right now. I don't want to talk depressing things over such good food."

Sophie frowned. He really hadn't said anything at all? "I was really hoping I'd find something out. I don't think a party is really the answer, but I'm sure we could throw something together. She has to sulk a little bit first." That Evan had told her Amy shouldn't be worried about it made her think that he knew more than he was letting on, but she saw no reason to not trust him. If he said he didn't know, then he didn't know. If he was playing dumb, she didn't think she would care all that much. After all, she was only doing it to help Amy--someone she didn't really know or particularly like. Still, she had been hoping to get something.

And then there was a mouth-watering, jaw-dropping pizza in front of her. "Oh, my god. That is beautiful," she said, so happy that she got to eat this. She smiled at all the toppings and decided she would definitely come back. When Kate mentioned a couple's dessert, Sophie tilted her head, confused. "Thanks..." and then the waitress was gone.

Well, it didn't seem to bother Evan that she mistook them for a couple, though it was hard to tell if that was because he wanted the dessert or if it was because he liked the idea of being in a couple with her. She smiled back at his wink and nodded. "Alright. I agree. And this looks amazing. Care to dish it out?" With that, she passed one of the plates to him and wondered if they really looked like a couple. She didn't think it would be so bad if they did. Besides, they got a nice dessert out of it.

Drew started to panic a little when he saw her start to deflate. He didn't like it when girls cried--least of all the ones he liked. When she erupted into sobs, he took the popcorn bowl off of his leg and set it on the floor. In the next instant, he had her in his arms, hugging her close. "It's not your fault that he didn't realize what a great girlfriend he had." He just held her, keeping his grip loose so she could pull away if she wanted. He wasn't sure what else to do in a situation like this. "If it makes you feel better, I'll find him and beat him up," he offered, only half-joking.

"No," Amy sobbed, "Don't beat him up. It was my fault."

She didn't exactly know if she believed that, but it was the only thing that made sense. She had thought things were going so great, so why would he end things if she hadn't been unknowingly doing something wrong? Amy, however, didn't pull back from Drew. She spent her time crying into his shirt, burying her face into his chest. It was comforting to be surrounded by his arms, if only because it simulated Ryan doing something similar. Amy composed herself within a few minutes, but even when she had stopped sobbing, she didn't immediately pull away. She stayed in Drew's arms, her head against his chest.

After a few seconds, she pulled away. "Sorry," she whispered.

Evan wasted no time in taking the plate from Sophie, and using the small spatula they provided, placed a slice of pizza on the plate. He passed the plate back to Sophie before getting his own piece. "So," Evan said, lifting up and taking a bite out of his pizza once Sophie had her's, "Tell me about yourself. You said you might have become a dartboard earlier today?" The pizza was delicious, the fact they used fresh ingredients inherently obvious. "Mm," Evan moaned, savoring the bite in his mouth.

"Pizza is great, isn't it?"

Sophie smiled, excited to dig in to her piece. She took the slice he served her and handed him the other plate as he went in for his own. Since it was still hot, she used a fork to enjoy the first few bites, loving the taste--just the right amount of sauce, a crust to die for, and the cheese! Soon she'd have the toppings, too. "Oh my gosh. Best. Pizza. Ever," she said, savoring the taste. She was cutting in for another piece of her big slice when he asked her about the dartboard incident.

"Ah, the dartboard comment," she said with a smile. "It will probably be one of my fondest college memories." And then she launched into another animated re-telling of the story, including the best descriptive adjectives she could think of. "It was awesome, but kind of harrowing. I feel like I would have been a lot more afraid if there wasn't paint everywhere," she said with a laugh. Here she paused for more pizza, loving the taste.

"I'm going to have to come here way more often," she said, holding back a moan of her own. She saw Kate out of the corner of her eye talking to another waitress, pointing to heir table. The other one seemed to be saying something like, "Awww." She must have thought they were a couple, too. And the more people started to think it, the more she started thinking that this would have been a pretty awesome date.

Drew shook his head. If he ever got his hands on Ryan, he'd make sure that asshole left in tears too. It would be ten times worse for that sonofabitch than it was for sweet Amy. "Hey, quit saying that. You don't know that it's really your fault. And won't you feel silly if it's not?" he said, gently smoothing over her hair with his hand. He let her cry as much as she wanted, knowing his shirt would dry just fine.

"You don't have to apologize to me for anything. I'm here for you if you need me." He smiled and let her go when she pulled away. He reached back to the end of the futon and got her a box of tissues. "Here. I'm not sure what else I can do for you, but if you ever need anything, just ask me, okay?"

Amy listened quietly to Drew, though she didn't quite believe it. Logically, she knew that it was very possible she did nothing wrong and it was all Ryan's fault. However, she still couldn't get herself to get fully behind that, and allow herself to feel better. Something kept gnawing at her, in the back of her mind, telling her it was her fault. Telling her it was something she had done. She didn't know what it was, but she knew it was something. After three years in a relationship, it was hard to believe it could end so suddenly.

Amy took the tissues from Drew, and used them to dry her eyes. She stared at the TV screen, not really watching the movie, but lost in her own world. After a few minutes, she looked at Drew. "Drew...I need some time to myself. I'm sorry, but can I get you to go?"

"Wow," Evan said at the end of her tale, "I think I am in the wrong major. Nothing like that ever happens in my classes. The best thing I have is when the teacher inadvertently taught the whole class how to code a virus. It only affected the computer lab, but it was pretty bad," Evan said with a small laugh. He took another bite of his pizza, smiling. "Yeah, you should," Evan said in response to her coming here more often. "Hell, maybe we should come together. Kate seems to like it," Evan said, nodding towards Kate.

It seemed to Evan that Kate thought he and Sophie were a couple. It wasn't that he didn't like the idea, it was just that Evan had a hard time believing he had a chance with a girl like Sophie. She was enchanting, way out of his league. Still, Evan had to admit he enjoyed the idea. "So, what does a beautiful girl like you do for fun?" Evan internally cringed, realizing some of what he had been thinking about had crept into his speech.

He earned a laugh out of her when he told her about the virus and she found herself wanting to hear more about him. It was nice to just get to know him like this. It was also nice to know that he didn't mind her horning in on his pizzeria of choice. Sophie smiled at the idea of getting to spend more time with Evan. Especially if that time was spent eating delicious pizza in a charming little establishment like this one. She kept eating as he asked what she liked to do in her spare time. When she'd swallowed, she grinned.

"I like eating pizza with cute boys," she teased. "And then there's movies, art shows, I do a little bit of baking--but not so much with the cooking. I sing now and then, but it's usually only for karaoke night or something like that. And of course, there's my art," she said with a smile. With that, she served herself another slice of pie and dug in. "What about you? Any hobbies?" She smiled as she ate, happy to be here and making a new friend. And she wasn't thinking of Amy or Drew at all!

Drew, however, was having a hard time not thinking of the blonde sitting next to him. It was clear that she was in a lot of pain. Even though that jerk didn't deserve her, she was the one who felt horrible about the way things ended. She thought it was her fault. And that was simply impossible. He wished he could convince her, but if Sophie couldn't do it, he had little hope. Though he understood why she needed to be alone, he wished that she would let him stay. He paused for a moment, taking a good look at her before nodding. "Sure. Keep the folder. I hope you can use the notes." He got up and set the popcorn on the couch next to her, knowing that it would probably go uneaten.

"You know, for what it's worth, I never thought he deserved you." And with that, he picked up his bag and left. "Feel better, Amy."

Amy sat in silence, watching Drew. She didn't say anything in response, she didn't even move until he left. Once he left, she stood, grabbed the popcorn and sat it on her desk. Climbing into her bed, she pulled the covers over her shoulders, buried her face in her pillow, and cried herself to sleep.

This was going to be a hard few weeks.

Evan smiled, finishing up his own slice of pizza and going for another one. "Well," he said, "Unless you count racquetball or the few video games I play, I don't have many hobbies." He took a bite, and once he had swallowed, nodded towards Sophie. "Though, I may try to make a hobby out of hanging out with you."

He took a sip from his drink, leaning back in his seat. "What kind of art do you do? The most artistic I ever got was when I played Minecraft a few semesters ago."

"I do count racquet ball and video games. Therefore, you are in luck, good sir." She smiled at his comment about hanging out with her. Always a flirt, that one. Well with all that natural goodness going for him, why not? "Ah, I love minecraft! I had to quit, though because I wasn't working on my assignments enough at the beginning of the semester," she said with a laugh. "I do all kinds of things--photography, sculpture, drawing, painting. We're required to get our feet wet in all the areas so we have a basic knowledge of everything. I think it's a toss up between photography and drawing, though. There's just something so satisfying about being able to capture an image by hand. But then photography is about finding the right lens and angle--the right perspective to capture the emotion of the moment, you know?"

She blushed a little, realizing she'd rambled a bit. "Sorry. I get a little carried away sometimes." With that, she filled her mouth with more pizza goodness and hoped that it would stop her from talking quite so much.

Drew couldn't stop thinking about Amy. She was so upset, and she was so down on herself. Some jerk had the nerve to break up with her and not even give her a good reason. Why else would she think it was her fault? The undeserving asshole was probably just fucking fine right now! Oh, did that make him rage. Practically growling, he stormed back to his dorm, stashing his bag in the room and then stalking out. He had to calm down or he was going to do something stupid. But every time he tried, he just couldn't get Amy's sobbing out of his mind. She was hurt because of him and it made no sense for her to feel that way. If he ever saw Ryan, there would be some words between them, he thought savagely. Maybe more than words.

"Thankfully," Evan said in reply to her comment about counting racquetball and video games. At least then he wasn't a complete bore. Evan began to think maybe he could even convince Sophie to come play with him sometime: whether they play racquetball or video games. As she was ranting, Evan listened, watching her intently while he took bites of his pizza and sipped on his drink. When she apologized, he laughed. "You thought that was bad? You should hear me go on about games I've played. I view myself as kind of a critic." He laughed at that, shaking his head.

"Getting carried away though isn't bad. Means you really enjoy what you are doing," Evan said, finishing up his slice and taking a third. "You should show me some of your art sometime," Evan added.

Amy wasn't even on his mind.

Ryan hadn't thought of Amy since he finally got tired of not getting laid. The brunette in front of him smiled micheviously, and Ryan returned the smile. Ryan had gone to this girl several times in his relationship with Amy when she was being particularly unwilling to give Ryan what he wanted. Now that he was single, there wasn't any sneaking around involved. He could approach her as out in the open as he wanted.

They were walking, hand in hand, towards Ryan's dorm. It hadn't taken long for Ryan to find the girl and convince her to come to his dorm. She had been practically waiting for him to break up with Amy since a month ago, the last time they had hooked up. The girl had wanted Ryan all for herself. Ryan didn't mind so much. This girl was so much better in bed then Amy had ever been.

Relieved that her dinner partner wasn't bored or overwhelmed, Sophie finished off her second slice, happy to tear into a third. She wasn't one of those girls who didn't eat. This would probably be her last one, though, if she wanted dessert too. And Kate had made it sound like it was worth having. Besides, she was interested to see what a couple on a date would get here. They were already kind of acting like they were on a first date anyway.

"I'm glad you feel that way. Sometimes I feel like I talk too much, though, so feel free to stop me if I ever do." The notion of showing him her art got her eyebrows up. "You really want to see it?" No guy had ever been interested in actually seeing her art but Drew. Sure, they all played like they were interested, but they were really only ever interested in getting into her pants. None of them ever asked to see it. But Evan really wanted to see it. She smiled, pleased that he wanted to see something that she considered to be so personal. Of course, he had no way of knowing anything other than the fact that she seemed passionate about it. That didn't change the facts.

"Okay, sure. I'll show you sometime." She smiled and slowly started in on the third slice of pizza.

Drew was just started to get a handle on his rage when lo and behold: Ryan appeared. With a girl, no less! Something inside Drew snapped. He slapped on a big, enthusiastic grin. "Hey, Ryan! How's it going, man? You're dating..uh...Amy, right?" he asked, ignoring the girl on Ryan's arm. He wanted to see the reaction he got. And if he got what he was expecting, one of them was going to lose a goddamn tooth.

"Sweet!" Evan said. "Maybe in return, I'll show you what I built in Minecraft," he gave a laugh. "Not that it's an equal trade." He took a bite, chewed for a little bit, then swallowed. "Man, I'm getting full," he said. "Not sure I'll be able to finish this piece," he said with a laugh. Still, he continued to work on it, slowly chewing it down. "Great pizza with the company of an amazing girl," he gave a small smile at that. "Today can't get much better."

He paused for a little bit, looking away. "Unless of course you'd like to do this again later this week?"

"Who the fuck are you?" Ryan intoned at the boy approaching him, immediately shifting to a more aggresive stance. Ryan didn't know the guy, and he didn't care. The way he spoke pissed Ryan off enough, he wasn't about to let this little bitch get away with talking like that. Especially in front of a girl. "He WAS with Amy," the girl on his arm said, giving a small giggle. Ryan stepped closer to the man. "Yeah, I WAS with Amy. She wasn't puttin' that sweet mouth around my dick enough," He gave a small pelvic thrust to emphasize his words. "So I left the little bitch for someone who knows how to take care of a man."

The girl that was with Ryan gave a giggle.

"I'd like that," she said, glad that he was willing to offer up a trade for her art, too. Clearly, he didn't know the affect he'd had on her so far, but he was worming his way into her inner circle at the very least. "And equality is rather objective for something as subjective as art," she said, pondering that thought as she worked on her final slice, slowly putting it away. She nodded in agreement when he admitted that he was getting full. His compliment, however got a little bit of a blush out of her. It seemed more genuine than just a playful exaggeration or line. Maybe that was why she did it.

"Sure. I'd love to," she said, happily agreeing to go out with him again. And she was pretty sure this counted as a date, even though it really hadn't started out as one. She smiled and looked up as Kate came over to check on them.

"Hey, you two. Ready for dessert? Want me to box this up for you?" she asked, looking between the two of them with a rather smug expression.

Drew said nothing, just listening with that same smile on his face until the fucker finally told him what was going on. The giggle was what fucking broke the last straw. Without any warning, and quick as could be, Drew delivered one hell of a right hook to Ryan's jaw. He put all of his weight into it and followed through with zeal. If the fucker was still standing after that, he'd have to get even more violent. But he wasn't done there, before the asshole could stand, Drew was on top of him trying to pin him down for a few more choice blows. "You sonofabitch!"

"Great!" Evan said, with possibly a little too much enthusiasm. Kate appeared at that moment, offering dessert and to box up the remaining pizza. Evan looked across the table inquisitively at Sophie. "Well, I can make room if you can."

Inside his head, Evan was going crazy. His crush on Sophie had been long-lasting, but here he was, on a date that wasn't really a date with her, with the promise of a new one in the future. Drew seemed to not be a part of the picture anymore, thankfully, and that meant Evan could truly have Sophie to himself. That thought alone made him incredibly happy. Sophie thought Evan was worthy of a girl of her caliber? Evan was either the luckiest dude in existence, or he was much better looking and acting then he originally thought.

Either way, Evan was far happier then he had been in a long time, and it showed.

Ryan found himself suddenly staggering backwards, flung backwards by the force of the punch to his face. The girl behind him squealed, and jumped back. Before Ryan could react, though, he found himself flung to the ground, taking more hits from his sudden assailant. 'What the fuck is your problem!?" Ryan attempted to get out, trying to prevent any more punches from coming through, though he did not succeed.

Well, she couldn't fault a man for enthusiasm. She chuckled a little and nodded. "Sure. Thanks." Kate gave a little wink and then went off with the pan so she could box the remaining slices and get their dessert. When she was gone, Sophie looked up at him. "There's always room for dessert. Unless there isn't," she said with a little laugh. "But today there is." She wasn't really sure what was going on between the two of them, but this definitely seemed to have slipped into date territory. Who'd have thunk it? Since they tabled their discussion about Amy, Sophie hadn't thought of Drew once. Later on, she'd think about it. But for now, she was just happy. Happy as she was, however, he seemed to be outshining her a little. That only added to the list of good things about him.

A few moments later, Kate came back with a little Styrofoam box for both of them and a tray laden with the special couples dessert!

Drew kept it up. "You're my problem, you fuck!" And he kept going until he was sure Ryan was too dizzy to get up and follow. The poor girl was shaking by the time he got to his feet, his knuckles a bit bloody. Ryan had gotten in a few good punches and some kicks himself, but Drew had won out in the end. "You better fucking learn how to treat a lady," he growled, looking down at the guy who was now writhing in pain. At best, drew would have a few bruises the next day. Ryan wouldn't be so lucky.

Now he looked at the girl. "I'm sorry I scared you. But you should be pretty fucking ashamed of yourself for pouncing on this loser." He shook his head in disgust and then left to go to the health offices to get an ice pack.

The dessert was pretty simple: a piece of home-made chocolate cake, topped with vanilla ice cream. Caramel and chocolate syrup smothered the whole desert. Evan licked his lips, moving the tray squarely in-between him and Sophie. Before Kate left, she left a pair of spoons for the pair to eat with. "Enjoy, you two!" She said, happily. Spinning on her heels, Kate walked away from the table.

"This looks good," Evan said, passing a spoon over to Sophie. "Ladies first," he said, offering her the first bite. "While we are at it, why don't you tell me more about yourself?"

Simple or not, it looked delicious. Graciously accepting his offer to dig in first, she took the first spoonful of the wonderfully moist cake. "I don't know if you know this about me, but I love chocolate. In all of its forms." She smiled at him and took a bite, enjoying the syrups with the ice cream and cake. "Mmm, perfect," she sighed. "You want to know more about me, huh? Like what?" she asked, tilting her head, the spoon poised over the dessert, waiting for him to take his first bite.

Drew felt a little bit better after beating the snot out of Ryan. He smirked at the expression and then grimaced because of the sensitive flesh on his jawline. Groaning, he held the ice pack to his wounds, walking into his dorm room. His roomie wasn't around--and hadn't been since the start of the semester, really. At least he never seemed to be in the room the same time as Drew. Shrugging, he sat down on his bed and groaned softly, just laying down. He felt a little bad since Amy had asked him not to beat Ryan up, but she was under the impression that something was her fault.

After a little nap, he'd let Sophie know what happened and have her break the news to Amy.

Evan took a bite of the delicious treat in front of him, and he shook with his head with a smile. "They really do spoil me here," he said. "What do I want do know, hm?" He asked, thinking. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, which he pulled from his pocket to find a text message from Ryan. "u in ur room?" it said, to switch Evan replied a quick no.

He put his phone back into his pocket, and sighed. "Sorry about that. Anyway, why don't we start simple: Tell me where you're from." He dug back into the dessert as he felt his phone vibrate again. Checking it, he found a no this guy? with a picture that Evan thought he recognized Drew in. ya wut about it, Evan shot back, laying his phone in his lap. Looking back up at Sophie, he shrugged. "Just got a picture of Drew from Ryan," Evan said, his voice sounding slightly weirded out by the situation.

He felt his phone vibrate in his lap once more.

Back
Top Bottom