Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dragon Age: Remnants of Ferelden

Sanoci

Bloody Heart Shaped- Box
Recently I have been engrossed with the Dragon Age series and honestly I feel like there is potential in making a group role play connected to this universe, particularly in Ferelden. For all intended purposes they will need to be discussions over actions that has occurred and to save things from being complicated omit all the origin stories and just focus on the decisions made. There are plenty of ways this can go, but for now the main idea I have brewing is the state of Ferelden after the blight, say about after the events of Dragon Age Awakening.

The Map

Deliberately Keeping things vague for the moment, I want to hear everyone opinion on the subject. I personally can see many fun adventures be forged via this roleplay. This is the type of project that I enjoy suggestions coming from others, feeling like everyone has invested their time properly and of course to motivate. So everyone feel free as the Landsmeet of this thread has officially commence.

i so want to do this but i want to be a girl who can turn into a dragon like that once chick in the first game i think i have the games for my xbox so need to get back to playing the xbox.

yes sorry my terminology is bad its been so long sense i played the first game. but yeah a flemeth but a young teen one at that whos powers are unstable and she for some reason has trouble becoming the dragon unless she is having high emotions but the transforming still drains here. do not want to make her seem all too powerful now.

May I propose just being the Shapeshifter class of mage, perhaps nothing too crazy like a high dragon but something less overpowering like a dragonling or hell a drake. A high dragon is too mighty in my opinion, though a regular dragon may fit more. Think of the one you encounter in the Elven ruins, maybe even a mature dragon if you pull it off well. Call a precaution to keep a level of balance since in game terms those are Elite Boss tier enemies.

okay lets make her a short adult that is 4';9 and her dragon from is small for a normal sezie dragon lets say its head comes to a mans chest. she is no high dragon ether. sense dragonling is a baby dragon but hers always looks like a teen dragon like it will never grow up. she looks like a teen too. even thou she is 20. but she still has troubles becomeing the dragon form due to the fact she is still training and learning.

If you can manage to create an appropriate back story as to how and why she is a shape shifter (perhaps an apostate mage from another region, or an incredibly knowledgeable Dalish elf) it shouldn't be a stretch to have a shape shifter. As for me, I was thinking either a Reaver/ Berserker, or an almost pure Entropy Mage, specializing as a Battle age and maybe 1 more class.

As to setting, what will we establish as canon (who and what was the hero of Ferelden, who lived or died, etc etc etc.)

yep i got her back story worked out as well. She was born with the ability. just could not do the shapeshifting till she was like 13. but even then it was only small things like house cats. then when she was like 15 she started showing sings she could turn into a baby dragon with no fire. fire came at the age of 18 but they saw her full dragon was a small one and knew her skills where slow in coming. she comes from anther region would suit that story well. the name of the region iam still working on thanks for the suggestions Millenium joker.

Theoretically you could stretch it to say she comes from an unsettled part of any of the countries of Thedas that are lesser known you can choose places like Tevinter, Llomerryn, Rivain, the Free Marches, Par Vollen, or even Antiva.

hmm thinking of going with she lived with a tribe in an unsettled part in Theda works for my story. in fact the area is uncharted as well.

Considering the status of Tevinter its completely possible, though honestly depends on what flavor you wish to place onto your character I suppose. For all the lore regarding them, I will likely be playing a Tal-Vashoth [ Qunari exile] Maleficar.

On that note, I think the Arishok is a hipster.

"The Qun sounds interesting. Can you please tell me more?"

Arishok: "Its pretty complicated. You wouldn't understand."

Lol, sad thing is we should know allot about the free marches. Yet, dragon age 2 neglects to tell us about anything outside of kirkwall.

As for where this is going. Well, I am interested! I love Dragon Age. I love it to death. But, I know ferelden, been there done that. So, personaly I would like to explore somewhere new. And have our own take on it. Not that I am saying I wont play if we do ferelden, but somewhere else is appreciative.

As for me, I vote that the hero was good, and I call playing a warrior, with sword and shield, whom specializes as our Templar.

As far as canon gives, I think we should vote on events in the story. For instance, did Morrigan get pregnant with the child of the Hero/ Alistair, or did Loghain kill the archdemon, etc.

Well, with 3 mages so far and one Templar, I think the Templar wins off the bat. Unless he goes into lyrium withdrawal.

I opt to steal the lyrium just to be a dick. FUCK YOU CHANTRY WHORES!!!!!!!! Sorry my main in origins is a Circle Mage. My guy is more a warrior/mage hybrid.

EDIT: I like the idea of Ferelden since its mostly established with room to build on it still. However there are a few locations that were never shown in the region. Look at awakening, there was a decent amount of areas to explore in that alone and the other expansion Witch hunt even though they revisited the circle.

Well, I will try and think of a creative way to make him not an official member of the chantry then. :p Becouse I am sure you all want to play apostates. Wild kat definitely, she is a shapechanger. FORBIDDEN MAAAAGIIIC! lol.

Hmm, well I vote he/she kills the archdemon, but lives. Due to a child of morigans. By either him, or Alistair, or Logain. I vote that Alistair becomes king and is not banished, loghain gets killed for the traitor that he is. And, the warden becomes the hero of fereldon. I vote Bhelin becomes king, becouse he is the only one who actually gets any work done. And, that the werewolves were cured in a peace full resolve. Finale, I vote that the circle mages live. And that just about covers important parts for me.

Edit: Well, I understand your point. You are right. But, I still prefer else where. I will, still play regardless, but I stick true to my vote that there are other places we can be.

I say Hero of feel den was a Human Noble female, warrior style. Helen becomes king of Orzammar, and Caridin killed Brands, then killed himself. Circle was saved without the Right of Annulment, but the Dalish were wiped out by the Werewolves. The Urn of Sacred ashes was found and Genitivi lived. Alistair became king and married the hero of Ferelden. Morrigan kept the child of the old gods soul, but Flemeth wasn't killed in that body (she steals Morrigans body at a later date, let's say). Loghain died, but both Arl Eamon' s son and his wife lived.

And fuck Arnora.

What ever happened to Shale though... That's my question.

I think we all automatically can agree on the Hero of Ferelden surviving the Blight, though its in my opinion that we leave out who it was origins wise to simplistic reasons. Thus far everyone is Pro Circle it seems, but until more voice we cannot say, though I am almost 100% on the first statement.

Some of the issue with am unexplored region is a lack of stability, taking alot of time to flesh it out compared to a region people can mostly plant their characters into almost immediately. But please do give ideas on regions, I am all ears despite the title.

Edit: Who really knows Shale fate, it could go anywhere I suppose. Sadly being a DLC character does not help.

If I remember straight, shale sort of hints at going with someone. I think it was Wyyn?

Well, we will just have to see what everyone else thinks. As for suggestions, maybe Tevinter?

Well, fenris was a brooding elf, who had nothing but bad things to say about mages and tevinter. But, I am sure it is a bad place. But, it is just a interesting place to see, and I want to see it in upcoming games, books. Lol, besides, there is good in everything, at least just a bit.

Ah, I see. Well, Orlais is the main chantrys home. So, Orlais will also play a deep role.

Back
Top Bottom