Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Strength of the North (A Skyrim GRP)

malin

Supernova
In legends it was told that dragons would herald the coming of the end times. Skyrim is a province of Tamriel soaked in blood and snow, the far frigged north is under going a vast rebellion as the imperial legion fights tooth and nail with the Stormcloak in a bloody upheaval of civil politics, and now to make things worse the dragons have returned to skyrim to herald Ragnarok and the end of times.

The legends say that the dragonborn was supposed too stepforward to help destroy the dragon threat, but... the imperials chopped off the dragonborns head. Now with no dragonborn it is up to the people of Skyrim to find their strength, and once again defeat the dragons, this time without the power of the voice.
~~

So yeah I have been wanting to do a skyrim rp for a little while, and having all the time in the world now thanks to spring break I figured i could put my money where my mouth is and see who else is interested in this. The story is simple enough as explained above, we would be playing the people of skyrim trying to choose our sides imperial or Stormcloak while also fending off the random dragon attack. Right now it's as bare bones as it gets, but I am hoping that other people have ideas that they would like to contribute to make the plot stronger, as well as generate ideas for the rp, and see who is interested.

To me, it does. Though admittedly, the potential to have player characters interact with the nearby Giant camp and the Lunar Forge outside of town is definitely a plus in Whiterun's favor, whereas Dawnstar has.... a mine. Woo.

speaking of Giants im considering my guy being half Giant half Nord but being exiled from his Giant family when during one night a werewolf attacked their mammath herd and him being only a Half breed was able to be infected and thus he was when he was bitten and his clan exiled him for his and their safety. thus when anyone else sees him it will be in the tavern getting hammered on some Nordic Mead.... and alot of it considering he is a big ol boy. though he knows Common language and wears Iron armor and furs/leather armor mixs he isn't overly smart with magic and can use a massive bow and sheild sword and axe combos. and he has overly Im going to assuse the highest possible stamina so he can also carry alot. and with his werewolf abilites he has to shy away from mankind because he is a more gentle giant so to speak but im guessing as a maybe he has some control over his wolf form. thoughts?

I don't even know if it's possible for Man/Ber/Beastfolk to mate with Giants. I don't THINK it is (kinda like a Khajiit and an Argonian boning when the Argonian decides it wants to be a male- offspring just won't happen.) possible, but.... maybe? I mean, Bretons are actually (on a genetic level) half human (most likely imperial) and half mer (most likely high or wood elf) so it's not hard to suspend disbelief for a half giant. But As to the werewolf thing, I'm almost 100% sure one has to be man/mer/beastfolk to accept the gift of Hircine, or really any of the were-people (because werebears and wereboars, etc are a reality on Nirn)

And my comment above about Argonians making a decision- I read somewhere that Argonians, having come from the Hist Tree, have the ability to decide what sex they wish to be at almost any point in their lives. I mean, I would assume the change isn't INSTANT, but they can definitely alter their own sex.

Well from what I can tell Giants and Men/Nord Imps Etc are similar genetically and physically though Giants are bigger and abit dumber. and also from what I can tell Giants are immune to the gift of Hircine but a man isn't so if one if half a man and half a giant whos to say enough of the curse worms its way into his body and causes him to become infected. Though my guy is more Nord then Giant though he knows Giantish and is 7-8 feet tall he has the overall genes of a Nord and their looks (except size) and when he became infected thus for the sake of his clan they exciled him and so he wandered into Whiterun... the safest place for him at that moment. Since his brothers wont adcept him and man is abit fearful of what they can see as a very big man. (think of a teenage Giant almost) but I understand your thoughts its just he is the Strong kinda guy though he has no magical ability (other then the Frost resitance of the Nords) and a decent ability with a bow enough to (if he hits you) dent or damage Iron armor (Breastplate) but his major skills comes from his big sheild and his ability to take damage and deal a large amount out and as a glorified pack mule. but so long as he has people whom dont call him names and are nice to him he is a gentle giant... until someone threatens his friends.....

expect a big meaty fist followed by a childish but very violent rage if that were to happen. and Talos help you if my guy loses his sheild.... either combo of sword and war axe or just bezerk mode with his bare hands. But so long as my guy gets his honey dipped skever and about a keg of mead to get alittle buzzed he will be content with spareing your wood elfs life.

FYI- Also it seems the Giants have some old ties to the Mer "Their physical similarities with Orcs- jutting lower canines, tapered ears and the presence of stumpy horns on the temples (much diminished in giants)- serve as evidence of some loose relation to the Mer. " Elderscrolls wiki. So if Mer can become Werewolfs I guess it isn't a stretch to say a Giant can't be aswell.

Oh, by all means, kill the irritating shit. Never much cared for Mage types. They're the Snipers of fantasy games- bullshit, cheap shit attacks designed to soak up your health and recovery items and with the express intent of pissing you off.

Need to give a character some thought. I mean if we can go all out on this, I may have a few ideas.

That being said, what does everybody think of my earlier proposal for summoning Meraak and creating a new Dragon Cult?

Well with an Idea I had was since my guy is half Giant during a pivital point of a conflict Giants could come and help their one time brother. and also since he is of the Gift of Hircine possibly call on Wolfs and maybe werewolfs to aid them in the fight against the Dragons. so basically my guy maybe a simpleton but he has some big friends.

And it is possible hell at this point any kinda plot is a good one because atm we dont really have one.

and if you have any character ideas feel free to say em and I can add my two cents like I asked about mine. because I didnt want anyone to think my guy was to OP with im being half giant AND and werewolf granted he can only turn during the night or in certain times of danger.

SO far, all I have are a few archetypes in mind, but I can come up with something interesting given a few days (if I decide to play Skyrim in that time. Right now, I've been on a Metal Gear Solid binge.

Nice lol, I havn't played Skyrim in sometime (since Dawnguard DLC) but im abit rust at it. Tho I can come up with a decnt character given time so yea. Though if you need any aid with ideas feel free to bounce em around here or you can PM me.

You got it, thanks for the offer.

In the meantime (when I'm not assassinating The Boss or establishing Militaires Sans Fronteires) I'll be thinking up possible plots for the RP, maybe something everybody can agree on.

Well considering Whiterun is in the middle of the Map we could say the town is being seiged by a large bandit small army and while some of us are imp others are storms we have to put aside our differences to survive the seige and then when we think weve pushed the bandits off the city walls and are shouting our victory... a dragon shows up....

Are you still wanting people for this? Haven't played Skyrim in a while since I got AC3 and have been obsessed with multiplayer mode.

I'm thinking perhaps a Breton Nightingale with the Agent of Stealth ( or maybe Strife or Subterfuge) . She comes from a wealthy Imperial merchant family but leaves to become a rebel thief. She's an archer but does also conjure since magic is a Breton thing (among other races)

I know it's not great but I loved the nightingale questline. And Whiterun is perfect for thieving and debauchery.

I'd be interested in joining this as well!

@Joker, I know exactly what you mean. I also wish you could have married Bryn from the Thieves Guild. Hearing him call my character lass made the knees all a wobble. ;P

I'll likely make a Khajiit Assassin. Possible Dark Brotherhood member. She'll be a Cathay-raht, so she'll look more like a jaguar than the usual ones you see around.

Hey there is still me. I am a part of this now, and thank you. :p

Oh and Sincerly, Joker, I wish Bryn was an option to. Just about the hottest thief to ever grace elder scrolls.

I dunno, hot? Absolutely. But something about Aela the Huntress.....

I've always been a man of extremes. So a strong, powerful yet incredibly attractive woman like Aela is just cake. The fact that I'm partial to redheads probably influences that though.

As to a character..... I'm going to play me some Sky rim tomorrow to decide for sure, but I have a good idea in mind.

Former Imperial Orc Blacksmith who joins the Stormcloaks, in the hope that a free and sovereign Skyrim will allow his homeland of Orsinium to one day be recognized as its own territory/country.

Back
Top Bottom