Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Strength of the North (A Skyrim GRP)

malin

Supernova
In legends it was told that dragons would herald the coming of the end times. Skyrim is a province of Tamriel soaked in blood and snow, the far frigged north is under going a vast rebellion as the imperial legion fights tooth and nail with the Stormcloak in a bloody upheaval of civil politics, and now to make things worse the dragons have returned to skyrim to herald Ragnarok and the end of times.

The legends say that the dragonborn was supposed too stepforward to help destroy the dragon threat, but... the imperials chopped off the dragonborns head. Now with no dragonborn it is up to the people of Skyrim to find their strength, and once again defeat the dragons, this time without the power of the voice.
~~

So yeah I have been wanting to do a skyrim rp for a little while, and having all the time in the world now thanks to spring break I figured i could put my money where my mouth is and see who else is interested in this. The story is simple enough as explained above, we would be playing the people of skyrim trying to choose our sides imperial or Stormcloak while also fending off the random dragon attack. Right now it's as bare bones as it gets, but I am hoping that other people have ideas that they would like to contribute to make the plot stronger, as well as generate ideas for the rp, and see who is interested.

Hey, I can get into this. I can play a Necromancer with lightning spells on the side. Or maybe a thief archer. Not sure. But ya, I can do this!

never played skyrim but if its alright for an added twist i will like to play a mage girl with healing powers and who was an orphan raised with some dragons. she will be a mere 16 year old. on top of that she has earth spells along with water and fire. she is a quite girl and she has stormcloak blood in her mixed with imperial. she is not dragon born but has learned to use magic thou the dragons. if also permitted i could have her turning into a dragon as well thou magic but she can only due this once per a day and once she comes out she faints falls asleep. she will be an all white dragon but small seize for one as she is a small girl .
just for some added twists.

I'm intrigued. Though, with the fact that Meraak is still alive (though confirmed to Apocrypha) he theoretically could defeat Alduin, should he escape. Perhaps that could be a plot idea people from both sides of the war, or even those who are not a part of it, joining a freed Meraak to defeat Alduin and his dragons, establishing a new Imperial Dragon Cult, complete with new Dragon Priests, masks, etc.

wildkat said:
never played skyrim but if its alright for an added twist i will like to play a mage girl with healing powers and who was an orphan raised with some dragons. she will be a mere 16 year old. on top of that she has earth spells along with water and fire. she is a quite girl and she has stormcloak blood in her mixed with imperial. she is not dragon born but has learned to use magic thou the dragons. if also permitted i could have her turning into a dragon as well thou magic but she can only due this once per a day and once she comes out she faints falls asleep. she will be an all white dragon but small seize for one as she is a small girl .
just for some added twists.

Ok, see this is why having a basic knowledge helps. I am not a jerk, and will not be mean about telling you your faults in this idea. But, will leave them open for you to know, and consider. Right off the bat dragons, most dragons do not carry paternal feelings for any of the races. None. They are creatures whom see themselves as far superior beings then any other race. And, will find your orphan beneath them. Stormcloacks, only started recently as a civil war against the empire, far to early to have storm cloak parents. Last, there is no earth magic. Magic works like this. Destruction, restoration, conjuration, ilusion, etc. Destruction spells vary from fire, ice, and lightning attacks. While restoration is healing oneself, others, curing. Conjuration would be necromancy and such, conjuring zombies and familiers, or conjuring weopons and armor from nothing. Ilusion is invisibility magic, making magical light, causing fear, or anger. So basically, earth spells, never heard of them. But if anyone is willing to prove me wrong go ahead. Then tell me how to get it while your at it. :p

Also, there is no humans. But, there are races that resemble humans, only difference between them being skin color. Nords, Bretons, Redguards, Imperials. So, take the multitude of races into consideration for your character.

So, with my nitpicking put aside. Being raised by dragons, up to Malin. Parents are stormcloak, and a imperial? Up to Malin, for if this takes place years into the war. I was only providing a view point, from my perspective.

Aye, the Stormcloaks are merely men and women (mostly Notes) who are tired of a weak, spineless emperor and the dynasty he commands (due to the fact that the Empire signed the White-Gold Concordat, which made the former Imperial provinces of Valenwood, Summerset Isle, and Elsweyr part of the lands of the Aldmeri Dominion and banned the worship of Talos, the mortal who became a god) and have joined under their leader/ the Jarl (Lord) of Wind helm, Ulfric Storm cloak. The name used to be a sort of slang term/ insult, but the Stormcloaks wear it with pride, because not only do they believe in Ulfric, but they fight for a free, sovereign nation of Skyrim free from- as the Stormcloaks put it- A weak empire and their elven masters.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a major Elder Scrolls enthusiast.

The main problem i would see in having dragons for parents is that in skyrim dragons are the heralds of the end of times, the majority of them are beasts who are far less cunning then say D&D or the usual dragons of magic. They tend to just fly around and destroy everything in their path, the only exception to that was parthanax, and well I want this plot to involve the thu'ums (Dragon shouts) as little as possible. This is an rp where the last dragonborn died. So I'm gonna have to say that having a woman raised by dragons kind of defeats that purpose. Sorry.

As for stormcloak and imperial marriage... I actually don't see a problem with that part. I mean the rebelion spread like wild fire, so I could easily see it where your mother and father went off to join the war on opposing factions. Maybe your father deeply agreed with ulfric while your mother wants the imperials to win... I think it's good drama.

And don't forget the dragons of Skyrim's propensity to fly around backwards, pay more attention to a stray moose than an armed Dovahkiin, and get the shit stomped out of them by a frost troll.

The best dragon encounter i ever had was when i was with a cabbage farmer who just said "Oh i would never leave the city it's not safe outside." Then a dragon shows up and he throws up his fists and goes toe to toe with a dragon unarmed, and wins. @_@

okay wow thanks guys but i think sense i do not know much about this i will back out due to lack of knowledge so my charater wont seem to far fetched.

I will join this, either as a Nordic Imperial Soldier or a Compaion Guild member. Im not to sure which to go for either melee or archery. hmmmm. Though I do know my guy will be given the Gift of Hircine.

Wildkat: Ok, if you feel that way. I cant speak for everyone, But I know I had no intention to scare you off. I was merely throwing in some help full knowledge.

I think I decided on a necromancer, with one handed fighting. He wields a deadric sword. If we are supposed to start at what would appear as base lvl, then he will go back to necromancy and lightning.

Necromancy..... Meeergh. They didn't do a good job of it with Skyrim. All you could do was reanimate a singular corpse that ran around twice as retarded as your followers. I think they could've expanded on it, maybe like some spells to enthrall the living, drain mama from undead opponents, or even summon a horde of zombies. Hell, even a soulfire spell or a necromantic energy bolt would've been nice, but I get the feeling that in Bethesda's rush to make Skyrim a PRETTY game, they took too much out from Oblivion and really missed their chance form something groundbreaking from a player AND a developers point of view, not just a relatively innovative visual style.

Its for Xbox 360- the first Bethesda game to be developed FOR and ON it, as opposed to their usual strategy of making a game on PC and porting over to console, causing a shit ton of loading problems and glitches and it is also available on PS3 and PC. Released 11/11/11, got 5-star reviews all around from just about every reviewer, and it deserves it. There's also a few DLCs out for it already, but the PS3 is waiting to receive them (Bethesda has agreed that all DLC will be released on 360 before making its way to PC and PS3.)

Short answer: yeah, you can get it for your Xbox. It should've dropped in price to about.... $30 now?

However, Bethesda IS releasing an Elder Scrolls MMO (that I personally an revolted by the thought of) within the next year. It has a really original title too, something I'd never expect: The Elder Scrolls Online. Woo. -_-

Thankfully, Bethesda confirmed that they had a complete different team doing it. Not so much a new ES game as much as it is a sort of... Spinoff, like those mobile phone games they had, or Redguard. Its being handled by Zenimax Media Online, a sort of in-house sister studio/offshoot of Bethesda. The actual Skyrim/TES team is busy on at least 2 more DLC, one large, one smaller (about the size of Dawnguard.)

And the rest of the Zenimax family in the Dev/production side of it is more than likely working with Obsidian on the next Fallout titles. Looks like Fallout Online may end up a real thing, but a new Fallout single player and possibly another New Vegas HAVE been rumored to be in development.

Ooh... Ooh ooh ooh, I cast my vote for Helgen. Its destroyed and populated by bandits, but it is neutral ground controlled by neither Stormcloak nor Imperial,

I was gonna suggest Morthal, It's private land, and staying out of the war, so I was thinking that the two armies could turn it into a battle field.

Back
Top Bottom