Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

One Kind Act - Happy x Binkk

It took Kaden a moment to remember where her school was but he nodded once it connected. A smile played on his lips as he watched her enjoy the tea, taking a seat opposite her. "That she did," he said with a short nod. His hand lightly played another beat on his knee as he looked Sarah over once again, attempting to make it as casual as possible. Yes, the woman in front of him was gong to be a wonderful mother. Even as she sat in the chair, she looked to be protecting her child without a bit of hesitation. Kaden couldn't help but smile as his eyes met hers.

"Well if you're not hungry," he began, sitting up in the chair. "I hate to be rude, but I am, and I have a bit of work to finish before I can even think about sleep. And you've had a long day as well. If you wouldn't mind, I'm going to excuse myself and let you be for the night." He stood up from the chair and patted his shirt down against his stomach in a fluid motion. "Don't worry about packing your bags tomorrow. You can pick them up after your school day tomorrow, if you'd really like to leave. But rest up in the bed before you make your final decision." He gestured towards the bedside table slightly. "In the clock's screen is an intercom if you need anything from my staff. They have a system so you won't be bothering them if you call during the night." He flashed another smile before stepping away back towards the door. "I'll see you in the morning."

Standing up to see him out Sarah smiled and put her hands up in a sort of 'don't worry' gesture. "Oh go right ahead, don't feel like you have to entertain me or anything I can look after myself" Sarah replied, her lips pulling into a lopsided smile as she shrugged her shoulders "Thank you for everything Kaden, I'll try and get out of your hair as soon as possible". Sarah stood near the door, her hand stretched out and she gently squeezed his arm, her expression thankful. "Thank you, have a good night" She bowed her head for a moment, truly thankful for his kindness. She let go of his arm and he left, leaving her alone in her room once again.

Unpacking a few toiletries and a simple night gown Sarah took a long bath before retiring for the night, her body sinking between the blankets she let out a groan never feeling more comfortable before in her life. She switched off the lamp and rolled over until she was comfortable, though her body was tired she did not sleep. Her mind filled with thoughts of John and her baby, Sarah spent a good portion of the night weeping quietly. Though his heart was cruel Sarah still loved John in some deranged way, her love could never stop so instantaneously as his did, but the way he ended it helped her get over him a little more.

Sarah was dreading work by the time her alarm on her phone went off. She didn't get a single moment of shut eye last night, her mind constantly replaying her break up with John all she could do was cry and feel regret. Slowly pulling herself up into a sitting position Sarah ran a hand through her hair and looked to the mirror on the dressing table next to her bed. She was a wreck, dark bags hung under her red and puffy eyes, her hair was a mess and her expression was daft. If she didn't know better Sarah would have assumed she had a big night out as this was the result of a painful hang over. "John? Are you awake?" Sarah mumbled half asleep as she looked to the bed, her eyes rolling in her head as she began to remember what had happened. She then remembered where she was.

Her eyes opened wide Sarah looked around the room and placed her hands on her cheeks "Oh my God, it did happen" Sarah groaned, quickly pulling herself out of bed she began to pace the room. Sarah, a lowly primary school teacher from East Barnet had just spent the night in the mansion of the most influential billionaire of this generation! Her heart began to race as she remembered everything that had transpired the night before, everything hitting her like a tone of bricks she ran to the bathroom, morning sickness she assumed as she collapsed beside the toilet. "What am I doing here? Oh my God, he let me stay the night! I can't believe this!" Sarah rambled in a daze, her hands gripping her hair as she stared at the bathroom wall almost hypnotically "And I'm pregnant?! What is going on with me life?!"

Attempting to wash away her worries Sarah hopped into the shower and remained under the warm jets for what seemed like an hour. Stepping out into the room with a towel wrapped around her she sunk down into the couch and looked down at the tray of breakfast Tessa must have brought in for her while she was in the bathroom. Pressing a hand to her forehead Sarah leaned back into the couch and stared up at the ceiling "I must be dreaming, this can't be real" She mumbled.

As soon as Kaden left the room, he went downstairs, grabbing his own quick dinner before entering the den-like office on the first floor. It was true when he said he had work to do before he could sleep, but it took him much longer than he thought. He remained in the office for hours, far past the time he should have been in bed, before he finally called it quits and left the room. There was enough energy left in him to drop his dishes off in the kitchen before he made his way up the stairs and into his bedroom. It didn't take long for the man to drop his shirt and pats on the bench and crawl into his bed, tugging the dark covers up to his chin, rolling slowly onto his side. His eyes stared off into the still darkness of his room until he crashed to sleep, refusing to wake up until the morning rolled around.

The obnoxious alarm filled his room like an angry bird demanding the man wake up. He rolled over to the table, slamming his fist onto the snooze button and quickly returned to his sleeping state. The night had been long, but not long enough for his liking. His rests had been slowly growing worse to the point when the man gave up ever trying to get a good, long night again. The sound came again only a few minutes later and the idea came to his mind of exactly what he needed. A vacation. He groaned before turning again, thinking of how nice a break would be from his work, but he never knew when that chance would come. Perhaps, if Sarah stayed, he could use her as a reason to take a break; to help her get used to what was going on.

Kaden remained in his bed for a few more minutes before getting up and starting his day. He entered the shower, taking his time in washing off whatever happened to be left the night before and went as far as to shave that day before he chose to leave his room, dressed and ready for a full day of work. He left his room and started down the stairs, sliding his hand down the railing along the staircase. Tessa met him at the bottom and lead him into the kitchen with a brief conversation with Martha before he started his breakfast of fluffy pancakes, bacon and two scrambled eggs. It gave him enough energy to make it to lunch while he waited for Sarah to come downstairs. He figured, as a teacher, she would have to be at work early, meaning she was up by now and hopefully coming down to head out.

"Miss Williams." Martha's voice came out through the ceiling of the room. "Good morning, Miss Williams. There is coffee waiting downstairs for you to take to work."

(I apologize if I am over stepping my bounds by controlling Martha a little, if I make a mistake just let me know.)

The robotic voice caused Sarah to leap up from her seat and look wildly around the room, her hands covering her body as she moved. "I'm sorry, but who are you?" Sarah asked, still dazed about the source of the voice.
"I am Martha, Mr. Dorian's assistant. Do not be alarmed, I am programed to operate fully in each room for Kaden's convince" Martha replied, through the speaker that finally caught Sarah's attention. Letting a sigh escape her lips Sarah sat back down and looked up at the speaker "It is a pleasure to meet you Martha, are you a computer program?" Sarah asked, her curiosity heightened.
"Yes, I am a computer generated Artificial Intelligence or AI. I was created to help Kaden with day to day work. If you ever need me just ask for assistance in any part of this house" Martha replied, her answers direct and straight to the point. Impressed Sarah sat in awe for a few moments before Martha pulled her back to reality "There is coffee for you down stairs and I believe Kaden is waiting to see you off".

Jumping off her seat, Sarah quickly began to get herself ready "Thank you Martha" Sarah exclaimed as she ran to the bathroom to get changed. Today Sarah had chosen to wear a similar dress as yesterday, but in red. The warm woolen material hugging her form as she slipped into the same pair of boots and belt before slinging a similar string of beads around her neck. Drying her hair she pulled it up into a loose bun and fastened it with a plain black clip before putting on a little make up and grabbing her purse, coat, scarf, gloves and a woolen hat. Running down stairs Sarah skidded to a halt in the kitchen, but tripped on her own feet and fell straight into Kaden. Her face red she looked up, her things spilled over the floor she gave a pathetic smile and slowly pulled away from him.

Quickly she straightened herself out and lowered herself to the floor to gather her things, the contents of her bag all over the place. Tessa was quick to help, scrambling over the floor to retrieve the millions of pens and odd bits of jewelery Sarah had stuffed into the dark abyss of her purse. Apologizing to Tessa and Kaden, Sarah continued to pick up her things until her hand landed on a crinkled photo of her and John. Pausing for a moment Sarah picked up the photo and sat back to look at it, her heart sinking lower than ever before. "Kaden, do you have a fire place here?" Sarah asked in a casual tone before trusting the photo towards him "Mind burning this for me?"

{Nah, she's there to use as needed. Only character I care about you controlling is Kaden. The rest are there as needed.}

By the time Sarah came downstairs, Kaden had eaten, grabbed his coffee and was ready to get his jacket on. But when he heard his guest's room's door open, he looked up onto the landing and smiled as he watched Sarah come around the curve and down the stairs. He reached out to catch her, grabbing her upper body gently as she fell against him, letting her things fall around their feet. He released her slowly as let her begin to pick up the insides of her purse while Tessa leaned down to help. "At least it was your purse that dropped and not you," he pointed out, picking up one or two things that fell near him, handing them back to the two women. He had heard that women carried a lot in their purses, but nothing ever lead him to believe it was as much as he had just seen on the floor around him.

He took the picture between his fingers and looked it over. By what her reaction was, Kaden didn't have to guess who this man was. This had to be 'John'. He let out a soft "mm-hm" before passing it to Tessa. "Do as she wishes," he requested with a small smile. The woman nodded and offered the travel mug of coffee out to Sarah before leaving the entry hall. Kaden casually smiled at the woman and glanced over her. "Ready for work?" he asked, flipping open his own cup before taking a sip. "My ride there is still open. It's on the way to my building anyway. And then you can take the subway back after work." Of course, she would have to find the proper stop, but the ride to work was there for her to use if she desired to.

Sarah starred down at the ground as they finished collecting her things and she closed her purse. Her expression devastated she tried to keep her calm composure as she rose to her feet, smiling warmly at Tessa as she handed her the travel mug "Thank you" She said softly before the woman left to burn to photo over the gas stove. Slipping into her coat Sarah sighed "Sorry, I'm just a little frazzled today" Sarah explained, her eyes not lifting from the floor. She wasn't sure how she was going to face work today, she had already jumped the gun by telling them that she was pregnant. They were the kind of people who wanted to make her feel special, but it would involve a whole mess of questions about John and she was definitely not in the mood to talk about him.

Pulling her back to reality with a question about transportation Sarah smiled and continued to put on her hat, scarf and gloves as they moved for the front door. "A lift would be wonderful, but I don't think it would be wise. Our neighborhood is not used to seeing such fancy cars and if I get out of one there would be so many awkward questions I would have to answer" Smiling Sarah took a sip from her coffee and walked down on to the front step as the car slowly pulled around. "But if you wouldn't mind dropping me off at the train station I would much appreciate it" Sarah asked, her expression quickly becoming more light hearted.

Kaden gave her a small nod in response and followed her out of the house, starting towards the car. He opened the door to the vehicle and let her in before entering the car and nudging the black guard between the driver and his passengers. Andrew started to drive away from the house, heading towards the nearest station just as Sarah asked. "Of course the station isn't a problem," Kaden finally said, crossing his on leg over the other as he rested against the back seat. "I hope, for your own comfort level, that people don't bother you about what happened." He turned his look towards the woman, letting his eyes lightly wander over her face with a small smile crossing his lips.

It didn't take long for them to get to the station and the car slowed to a stop, giving Sarah a chance to leave the car. "And please, if you don't have anywhere to stay tonight, don't hesitate to use the room," he added, hoping to have a chance to get the point across before she left the car. "As you saw, there's no one else at my home. It's open to you until you have a secure place." Deep down, the billionaire hoped that Sarah would take him up on his offer, just so he wasn't staying in the large home alone. The night before was an odd situation for both of them. Kaden didn't have the chance to treat Sarah as a proper guest, but even if he did, he didn't think the woman would have the energy to enjoy it as he would have liked. Hopefully, she wouldn't leave right away, at least to give the man a chance to wish her well before they parted ways. He wouldn't force her to stay with him, but at the same time, he wasn't going to push her away. Sarah was a sweet woman and out of everyone he had met so far, she was one he wouldn't mind getting to know better. But of course, he wouldn't admit that yet.

Sarah slipped out of the car and leaned down to look back at Kaden, her smile sweet as he spoke. "Thank you Kaden, I would love to stay another night. I've found heaven on earth in that guest bed, I'm not willing to give it up just yet" Sarah grinned, teasing him "I hope you have a good day" She nodded before closing the door and making her way down to the station. There wasn't a huge crowd for so early in the morning so Sarah had her pick of seats. Sipping on her coffee the train pulled out of the station and she was on her way. "Today is going to be fine, just keep it together" Sarah hummed to herself, her body shifting nervously in her seat.

Just like she had predicted the school's staff were in an uproar about her good news, having no idea what so ever about her break up with John. There were hundreds of questions all the teachers had to ask and a thousand more the students wanted to know. It was a hectic day, Sarah had to grip her hair to keep her head from spinning off, but thankfully by lunch time the panic had died down and Sarah was left to enjoy the last few hours of the workday before the weekend.

Preparing the children's homework Sarah sat in her nook in the staff room and tried hard not to look at the dozens of photos of John she kept tacked to just about everything. Letting a groan escape her Sarah rose from her seat and pulled a garbage bag from the cupboards towards the back. Storming towards her desk Sarah began to rip everything that reminded her of John from the desk and throw it into the bag. She even went for the photos that were tacked up on the community board, ripping down everyone that had an event that both John and her attended. When she finished her little panic attack she fell to her knees, her head in her hands she tried hard not to cry, her body trembling she sat alone in the room for almost an hour, her head finally popping up as the bell to bring an end to lunch break sounded through the school.

Tossing the garbage bag next to her hand bag she left the staff room to let her students inside the classroom. The last part of the day was relaxed, the children had some free time while Sarah finished up their homework sheets. School ended and Sarah wished them a safe weekend as they all ran from the room, excited to be done with school for another week. Sitting back in her desk chair Sarah looked over the class room, groaning loudly at the mess. Not that she would usually mind, in fact she enjoyed cleaning, it made her feel in control, but at the moment she didn't want to lift a finger.

Slowly she moved to the floor and began to pick up the toys and bits of rubbish scattered around, she was going to have to give the children a stern lecture about this on Monday. Sarah sighed as she began to straighten up the free play activities and peg up a few more pieces of the children's art work. It was amazing how angry this made her feel, she had never felt like this before, she just wanted to scream and punch things. Tossing a stuffed animal back into the toy box Sarah scrambled to her feet as a knock on the class room door snapped her out of her slight rage. Looking up she paused before straightening herself up, her nerves going into hyper drive again as the visitor stepped into the room.

(The visitor can be who ever you'd like, I just thought I would add something to change it up a little)

The door opened, allowing Jennifer to enter the room. The small, mousey woman had only been working at the school for a year in the classroom beside Sarah. Since day one, she had tried to befriend the woman, hoping to make some sort of firm relationship in the workplace. Her curly blonde hair was known throughout the school along with her blue eyes, which were typically seen peaking through the thick rimmed glasses she insisted she needed. Out of everyone in the school, Jennifer had yet to speak to Sarah that day about what had happened. Once the teachers broke from the break room that morning, she took the chance to set her hand on Sarah's shoulder with a small nod and a friendly smile, but said nothing else. She certainly was a woman who refused to waste her words. Hiding most of her body behind the door, the blonde smiled at Sarah as soon as she saw her. "Meeting remember?" she asked. A friendly reminder was exactly what she thought Sarah needed. Earlier that week, the teachers had been asked to save Friday afternoon for an important, school-wide change which each person had to be there for. Jennifer waited for Sarah to join her outside of the classroom before leading her towards the larger of the two meetings rooms in the school.

Their break room was far too informal for such a meeting, and the auditorium was too large for the amount of people. As soon as they opened the door, the large, white screen came to life, giving the teachers entering and waiting something to look at. Delusion's logo appeared on the screen on a stark white background, shining from one of the school's projectors attached to the ceiling. Standing over the laptop at the far side of the room was a nerdy-looking man, complete with five o'clock shadow, fire red hair and a horribly designed sweater. He was leaning over the computer, scanning the page laid out in front of him while Kaden stood beside him, pointing out a few things, speaking in hushed volumes to the man.

Jennifer quickly recognized the man and stalled in the doorway, only to get nudged forward by one of the teachers behind her. She entered the room, sticking right by Sarah's side as the two found seats.

A confused expression plagued Sarah's face as Jennifer reminded her about the meeting that was mandatory to attend. Covering her face with her hands Sarah ran them through her hair and smiled up at Jennifer "Of course, I had completely forgotten... Thanks Jen" Sarah spoke softly as she picked up her battered note book and a pen before following Jennifer up the hallway to the meeting room. Sarah had to walk a brisk pace to keep up with Jennifer, a shy woman she always seemed like she was running everywhere.

Holding the door open for Jennifer and a small crowd of teachers hanging around the the foyer, Sarah smiled as they all began to file in and take their seats around a cluster of large round tables. She had noticed Jennifer freeze up as she entered the room, Sarah assumed that she was only nervous because of the large turn out, but as she slipped inside and closed the door Sarah quickly noticed who Jennifer was most nervous about.

Kaden stood beside the school's IT teacher and technician, his attention focused on the laptop, his stance strong and his demeanor powerful. Trying hard not to be seen Sarah slunk towards the back and sat down behind the more rounded teachers to hide herself completely. If she gave any indication that she knew Kaden her coworkers would be all over her like ants on honey. Jennifer took the seat beside Sarah and gave a curious look, but dismissed it.

Swallowing a breath Sarah watched in awe from behind the crowd as Kaden looked about ready to start. A swift hush filled the room and all eyes turned to the wealthy business man, excited to hear what he had to say. Opening her note book Sarah began to jot down the date and mindlessly doodled along the border of the page. What was Kaden doing at her school? Surely he was too great of a man to squander his time on such a humble school. Confused, Sarah lowered her head and flipped through her previous notes, trying to find out if his presence had been mentioned in their previous meetings.

Anxious Sarah looked up again, her body freezing in place as her eyes met his, her eyebrows arching as she stared at him. Her lips parted and her breathing hitched, completely mesmerized she felt like time had stopped, but a hand on her arm quickly pulled her back to reality. "Are you okay?" Jennifer asked, an eyebrow raised she looked genuinely concerned. "Yeah" Sarah breathed, turning her attention to the woman next to her "It's just thrilling to have such an influential person at our school". Jennifer smiled and nodded, accepting Sarah's explanation without argument, it was obvious she felt the same way.

Another man entered the room, wearing a dark green polo shirt with light tan slacks, looking just as nerdy as the school's IT teacher. He approached the back of the room where the two stood and nudged the red head away, taking over whatever was on the screen, telling the man to turn down the lights. The room fell silent as he did and all eyes turned to the visitors in the back. Kaden's eyes were on the brunette beside him before calmly nodding, allowing the company's logo to flash and begin to spin on the screen. There was a flash of light and a shimmer of another across the screen before everything faded to black. White letters inched onto the screen from behind, beginning the power point his company had prepared for the school.

"Congratulations," Kaden's voice began, giving him a chance to slowly move around the tables towards the front of the room. He crossed behind Jennifer and Sarah, although it wasn't planned, and paused just feet in front of her, letting his eyes scan the teachers in the room in front of him. "Your school has been chosen to test out our latest technologies." The screen changed to several professionally taken images of paper thin laptops, tablets and a large board which looked much like a mix between a large television screen and a white board. He let the teachers look over the page as he continued on to the front of the room, turning back to watch them. "We have been searching for the proper location for some time now before this all was really finished. "East Barnet, you have been chosen." His lips pulled back into a smile as he pressed a small item in his hands, flipping the screen again. This time, there was a list of what exactly they would be getting.

"The methods that have been used in the past are no longer getting the job done for the students you have in your classrooms each day. Research and experience has been putting that to the test. We at Delusion Industries are ready to help schools bring themselves into the next stage of learning." He gestured to the list on the screen slightly as he continued. "A laptop will be given to each student with the latest programs needed for your lessons, set up to make sure the proper grade gets what they need. Younger students will have tablets in their rooms, allowing them to learn on a new surface instead of papers. Each of you will be given..." He flipped the screen once again, showing another model of laptop, looking much like the phone Sarah had seen earlier. "...The latest and greatest tech, linking all of your student's computers to your own in the most protected network available. There will no longer be the excuse that students forgot their text books at home." He smiled again and scanned the room. "Not to mention your classrooms will be updated over the weekend."

The brunette cleared his throat from the back of the room, drawing Kaden's attention back. "It's all tech I would imagine you've used before. If not..." His attention turned back to the room. gesturing to the back of the room slightly at his own tech man. "Roy Kingsly and a group of my elite tech team will be at the school for the next two weeks to assist you, not to mention a direct link back to my company in case of more problems. Delusion will be taking care of you." He folded his hands in front of him and looked over the room once again. "Big questions?"

Back
Top Bottom