Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

One Kind Act - Happy x Binkk

KimiDoll

Star
The subway carriage rattled along the tracks, the people aboard chatting loudly to their friends or to their cell phones. Completely absorbed with their own lives to notice the lone woman seated towards the back, a pile of suitcases beside her, her face buried in her hands as she wept. Her form bent over as if she was in absolute pain, she cried loudly, her sobs echoing through the small compartment. A few curious on lookers glanced in her direction, but none of them moved to comfort her, not one of them cared enough to offer her their sympathies. She was utterly alone. It was not meant to be like this.

Sarah's Monday started like it usually did, a nice breakfast with her partner, a quick work out at the local gym, a relaxing shower and then off to the school where she worked. Nothing was particularly good or bad about the morning and nothing was out of the ordinary, but on the train Sarah's schedule was interrupted with a phone call from her GP. During the brief conversation her GP requested for Sarah to come to his office during her lunch break to explain the test results he had just received. Though he told her there was nothing to worry about Sarah could help but feel nervous, her stomach was filled to the brim with butterflies as she tried to keep a straight face until lunch.

The short walk to her GP's building was filled with anxious thought, she felt ill, her mind foggy. The wait in the waiting room only added to her nerves, she couldn't control her jitters, her fingers running through her long black hair as paced the length of the room, making the rest of the patients feel as anxious as she did. Her GP stepped into the room and Sarah quickly followed him into the small examination room, taking a seat in front of his desk she watched him with wide eyes. "You're pregnant" He announced, a wide smile forming under his bushy mustache, watching happily as Sarah let out a loud sigh of relief. "This is wonderful! Thank you for telling me!" Sarah laughed, shaking his hand after he handed her some helpful pamphlets.

On the way out of the office Sarah rung her school's front office and requested the rest of the day off, telling them the exciting news they happily agreed. Sarah almost ran home, her smile larger than life, she had never been happier! Even the cold London winter didn't bring down her joy. Bounding round the corner to her street Sarah came to an abrupt stop as she noticed a black heap in the middle of the path. Did someone collapse? Sarah wandered over, her curiosity only growing as she drew closer and discovered there was no one under the pile of familiar clothes. Her clothes.

Looking up Sarah narrowly avoided being hit by a large suit case that came tumbling down from her apartment window. "Hey!" Sarah screamed, quickly forcing her way through the building's front door and running up the stairs. "John?! Are you home?! What's going on?!" Sarah cried, thumping her fist against the door until a young, blonde woman wrenched it open. Her red lips pulling into a sinister smile, her hand on her hips she blocked Sarah from entering. "Who the hell are you?" Sarah asked, not used to being greeted in such a manner "Where is John? Are you robbing me?!"
To this the blonde laughed and shook her head "You really are a dumb bitch, your ass is being dumped, me and your boyfriend have been fucking for a month. Take my advice and leave with some of your dignity attached" The woman then slammed the door and left Sarah completely shattered on the front step.

Horrified Sarah began to bang on the door again "John?! John! Answer me! You can't do this to me! Answer the door or I am calling the police!" Sarah cried, tears streaming down her cheeks. John was the one to answer her this time, his voices echoing through the door. "Just leave Sarah! You never put your name on the lease you have no legal rights! Do us both a favor and go! We both knew this wasn't working why try and convince yourself otherwise!"

John's words echoed through Sarah's mind as she rode the train into town. Her heart broken she began to cry, her body heaved over she didn't care if anyone was starring. Sarah was a broken woman and now more than ever she needed a friend.

It had been years since Kaden had taken the subway system from his London home to his work's location. Hell, it's been years since he took the subway anywhere. Now a days, it was rare for the great Kaden Dorian to be seen on any sort of public transport, but yet there he was, sitting on the most public of public transportation, between an elder woman who had come on a few stops after him and an empty seat. He almost lost track of what stop he had to get off at several times when people would move around. It wasn't that he had forgotten about the public transportation, but more so that he had no reason to ever use it. His private driver knew the streets of London better than any cab driver could and knew exactly what streets were perfect at what time of day. But today, his gut told him to make the change, at least on the ride home.

The owner of Delusion, the top computer company in the world, never tried to let his fame get to his head. Sure, he had his face plastered to nearly every advertising deal his company brought forth, much to his dislike, but the world knew his name. Computer geniuses would die to work for him company, women would claw each other senseless to get onto his arm. The twenty-nine year old billionaire did his very best to keep his personal life away from his business, but the media worked in horrible ways. No matter how much he tried, he never had a moment to himself. For once though, no one seemed to recognize him. It wasn't even as if Kaden had tried to do anything different with himself. He wore the same long, black peacoat he always did with a proper custom made black suit. There was a bit of dark scruff on the bottom of his chin, showing the dedication he had to his work over his looks at that very moment, which meant something big was coming out soon to those who cared. As his eyes scanned the people around him, he noticed his popular symbol on the back of people's cellular phones, laptops, whatever sort of technology they thought they needed at that moment. He himself had his phone sitting in his hand, resting lightly on the edge of his knee. It wasn't until then that the odd, familiar sound caught his ear and he turned his head to look in it's direction.

At the very end of the car sat a woman that Kaden swore wasn't there minutes earlier. As soon as he laid eyes on her, he took notice of everything around her; her bag, the distressed way she held her body. Kaden couldn't help but feel as if she had given up on everything she once had. She wasn't about to go anywhere to kill herself, no she had her things with her. Perhaps she was going to run away? The woman looked a bit too tall to be a simple teenager running away from her family. Perhaps a lover? Or more like ex-lover. Either way, Kaden gave the car another slow sweep with his eyes, hoping to see who the woman might be hiding from, but no one looked to want to associate with her. The dark haired man, without another thought, rose to his feet and made the slow trek down the car to the nearest seat to the broken woman. He took it and watched her for a minute before reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out a clean linen handkerchief, offering it to the woman.

"It's clean," he told her softly, leaning slightly closer to make sure he could feel it brushing against her leg. His voice was calm, just loud enough to be heard over the clacking of the subway's wheels against the track. It was the same one he used to convince even the most dedicated members of the challenger to switch to his company or brand and it never failed him in the past. He could only hope the woman took advantage of his offered kindness. He paused with a short thought: there was nothing worse than needing a clean object and getting a dirty one. Or worse, a drug-laced one. He might want to assure her he wasn't going to kidnap her. "I swear. Practically brand new."

Her world shattered, Sarah had no idea where to go from here. She had only moved to London four years ago from Australia, she didn't have any real friends or family that would take her in. There were her work friends, but she didn't want to burden them with her troubles, she preferred to keep her professional life separate from her personal. After shoveling everything she owned into the suitcases that were thrown at her Sarah decided to head into the city and find an affordable hotel.

The train ride was a forty minute trip and Sarah assumed she could hold it together until she was safely hidden away in a hotel room, but ten minutes in and her hormones took control. Crying she tried to hide her face as much as possible to hide her tears and soon to be red puffy eyes. Sarah had never felt so alone, so scared and now with the baby on the way everything just seemed impossible. All Sarah could do was cry and silently pray for a miracle.

Sarah's sobs were silenced as the strong male voice spoke to her, swallowing a breath she peeked out from behind her hands, her soft brown eyes staring up at him. A red blush crossed her cheeks as she began to realize how much noise she must have been making, howling like an injured animal, he must have been elected to silence her. Nervously shifting in her seat Sarah wiped her eyes with the back of her hand before accepting the handkerchief. "T-t-thank you" Sarah mumbled as she pressed the soft material to her cheeks and dried her face.

"I'm sorry, I must have been really loud I just couldn't stop myself" Sarah sighed, holding the handkerchief in her hands. Her toe nervously tapping on the floor of the carriage she looked around to the crowd around her, taking notice that none of them seemed to be interested in her. It was a relief, she assumed she had caused a spectacle, though her embarrassment didn't seem to subside. Sarah lowered her head and she kept her eyes focused on the ground "Thank you for the handkerchief" She said quietly, handing back the neatly folded piece of linen.

Kaden held up his hand to stop the woman. "Keep it. You need it more than I do." He wasn't criticizing the woman or attempting to make fun of her in anyway, he was just telling her his most basic opinion, she needed it, he didn't. He was on his way home and the chances of needing such an item were slim at this point in the day. The man's bright hazel eyes slid down Sarah's cowering figure before he shifted his shoulder slightly, turning slightly towards her to block the others from her view. They didn't matter and were only making things worse when they stood idly by while the woman was clearly in some sort of trouble. Just the idea of that pulled at Kaden's mind, frustrating him to no end. But he kept a calm face in front of the woman, choosing it was more important to pay attention to her.

"You weren't too terribly loud. The train car was taking care of covering a good bit of the sound. But something's obviously bothering you," he pointed out, gesturing towards her bags with a finger. "Trying to run away by any chance? Because I could offer you some beautiful spots for you to see on your journey." That was the best attempt the dark haired man could make to be cheerful at a time like this. He had been in her apparently spot one too many times to simply brush her off after he had offered to help her, even in the slightest. He felt the need to stay with her for as long as he could. Until either she left the train or he did.

Shoot, he forgot his stop again. That's what he gets for looking away from the man. It had probably passed by now anyway, so he'd simply wait for it to come around again, or eventually call his driver. That was all for a later time; he had this woman to focus on for now. The gentle smile he had on began to fade as he took another look over Sarah. "It's something else, isn't it." She was far too distressed for a grown woman to simply be running away. "If you'd like, I can listen. I won't tell a soul and it'll keep you from getting stared at by the old lady across the car."

Sarah shouldn't have felt so overwhelmed by the simple gesture of letting her keep the handkerchief, but for whatever reason tears began to sting at the back of her eyes as he smiled down at her. "Thank you, that's so nice" Sarah smiled, well, attempted to smile, it was more of a slight twitch of her lips rather than a smile, but it had meaning behind it none the less. Her gaze returned to the white piece of cloth, she sighed shrugging her shoulders as she thought back to what had happened. A soft chuckle escaped her and she shook her head "It's stupid really" Sarah replied, her hands nervously fiddling with the handkerchief. "I never put my name on the lease on my apartment, so my boyfriend unceremoniously dumped me and tossed me out on to the street... I have no legal rights so I'm homeless with little to no dignity left and a baby..." Sarah stopped herself, her expression growing sullen.

Clearing her throat Sarah looked up and gave a faint smile "Wow, total stranger... Sorry, you shouldn't have to listen to my personal problems". Brushing a strand of hair behind her ear she smiled and looked away before holding her hand out. "My name is Sarah Williams, it's a pleasure to meet you Mister...?" Sarah smiled looking up at him again, only now taking in what he actually looked like. Handsome was one of the first adjectives that came to mind, along with well dressed and for some unknown reason, familiar. Tilting her head to the side she raised an eyebrow, curious as to where she knew him from. Shaking her head she smiled and rubbed the back of her head "I'm sorry, I probably look like an idiot" Sarah blurted out, a soft hue of red crossing her cheeks "You just look really familiar... Do I know you?" Sarah asked before laughing nervously.

"Of course I don't know you, that would be silly. I barely know anyone here, I'm sorry" Sarah sighed, she was not good at small talk, especially when around handsome strangers. Adjusting herself in her seat she glanced to the window and noticed the train pulling into the station, her stop. "I'm sorry, this is my stop... Thank you so much for the handkerchief and the smile, I really needed it" Sarah spoke in a grateful tone, her eyes never leaving his as she struggled to pick up her bags, her mind still searching furiously as to where she knew him from. Stumbling about Sarah managed to gather all of her things and start for the doors just before they opened. Turning back she gave him a smile "Thank you again" Sarah repeated, slightly breathless.

A baby? Kaden could feel her story harshly tugging at his heart. He had heard that same story once before, but it wasn't until the idea of a baby that he really paid attention to what she was saying and that made him truly care more than what a stranger should want to do. He had comments, a way to help assure her she wasn't lost or alone in the world. There were people who were willing to help her, if she looked in the right places, and people who did care and were ready to show that they did. It wasn't until the woman properly introduced herself that Kaden responded for the first time. He shook her hand with a gentle smile. "Kaden," he responded, leaving his last name out of the picture for now. "Just Kaden's fine." He could tell by the look on her face that she knew exactly who he was but simply couldn't match a name with his face.

"It's not foolish though," he added just before his voice faltered at the raise of her eyebrow. Sarah went through the same thing that everyone did. 'Do I know you? No of course not. But you're just so familiar.' It was a normal cycle that the company head was used to by now. Outside of the work place or surrounded by cameras, it was rare for anyone to realize who he was on the first glance, even the second for some. He was about to assure Sarah that she hadn't lost her mind, that he got that same reaction often, but the train began to slow into the next station.

Kaden looked outside before turning towards the woman just in time for her to stand and cross over to the door. He paused for a moment before standing as well, moving to join her out on the platform. He knew he wouldn't be able to rest that night knowing that Sarah was left alone, most likely struggling to find a place to stay the knight. He refused to let it happen without insisting that he help. He followed her out and put his hand on her shoulder, looking her over for a brief moment. "Please, let me help you," he offered. Slowly, he removed his hand and held it out for one of the bags. "At least for the night. I have a spare room that you may use. After all, you never know what hotels are open. And a woman in your position shouldn't be wandering out too late."

Anxiously looking around the platform, the young woman did not realize that Kaden had followed her. Rummaging through her bags she dragged out a small, fairly battered note book and feverishly began to flip through the pages. Narrowly avoiding pedestrians and an obnoxious street performer as she tried to figure out where to go. Sarah wasn't used to big crowds, she never really liked them, but today the crowds were a blessing. She felt like she blended in, like just another face in the crowd, it wasn't much but the thought made her feel a little better.

A hand landed on her shoulder and Sarah let out a silent yelp, quickly turning to see Kaden watching over her. Her expression quickly turning from startled to relieved, a weak smile tugging at her lips "Oh goodness, hello again" Sarah mused, barely listening to what he was saying. Shaking her head she looked to the subway's exit then back to him "No, thank you, but you have done enough for me already I couldn't possible intrude" Sarah mumbled, her head tilting down to face the floor. Embarrassed, she had told him too much and now he felt guilty and obligated to help, she was not his concern. She shouldn't have said anything, she told herself, her blush turning to a darker crimson.

Adjusting her grip on her bags she shook her head "I'll be alright, I'm sure I can find my way around" Sarah looked up, a smile on her face as she tried to convince not only Kaden, but herself that she was fine. "I wouldn't want to be a bother, besides we barely know each other, I... I just couldn't" Sarah looked away "Thank you Kaden, but I'll be fine".

The woman, despite every sense, seemed to only want to go against what he was offering. Kaden remained still, looking for an opening to use or some sort of sign of a weakness, but in the end they were harder to find that that moment than he thought. He dropped his hand to his side, tucking it calmly into the pocket of his jacket with a calm nod. "If you insist," he agreed and glanced towards the tracks as the train pulled away. Slowly, he let out a hum of defeat, knowing he was stuck on the platform with a woman he had only just met, waiting for a train that who knew how long it would take to return to that stop. His eyes narrowed slightly as a new idea began to come into play in his mind, giving him yet another use for the technology his company was known for.

He wasted no time pulling the sleek black phone from his pocket, scanning over the screen before his thumb began to perform a familiar dance over the hidden keyboard. His latest bits of technology were always reserved for him and those closest to him, even before they've been released. He was careful not to use the items in public, but in a situation such as this, it was needed. He doubted Sarah would have made a big deal over it, and if nothing else, it would help her connect the pieces before things got too far.

"Well, at least let my driver take you to a hotel then," he requested, almost demanding at least that much from the woman in front of him. "I've missed my train so I'll have to call him to give me a lift. If nothing else it would keep you from walking." He lifted his eyes to Sarah's with a knowing look. "A pregnant woman shouldn't be walking more than needed." If nothing else, she couldn't argue with that logic. She may not have been that far into her pregnancy, but it was a risk she wouldn't want to take no matter what else happened to her that day. "He'll be here within minutes." Kaden slid the phone back into his pocket and smiled at the woman, as if he was giving her no option but to pick his offer.

Sarah got the odd feeling that Kaden was not going to let her off that easy. Watching closely as he pulled out what appeared to be a phone, Sarah cocked her head to the side, interested with what he was doing. She had never been one for technology, only recently had she traded in her old Nokia for a smart phone and boy, did she regret it. It seemed to do everything except call people and that seemed odd to her. Technology was definitely not her thing. Noticing the symbol on the back of his phone Sarah smiled, it was something she recognized at least. "That's neat, we both have phones from the same company" Sarah blurted out loud, meaning to keep it to herself, she placed a hand to her forehead realizing how daft she sounded.

Looking up she met his eyes and sighed in defeat, he had a point, carrying all of her luggage probably wasn't a good thing either. "Well I guess a lift couldn't hurt... Wait! Your driver? A personal driver?" Sarah gave him a skeptical look, her lips forming a slight pout "Why on earth are you taking the train if you can afford a personal driver?" Sarah asked, it seemed like a ridiculous notion. No one in London voluntarily took the subway, no one she had ever know that was for sure. Curious she opened her mouth to probe, but quickly closed it, throwing her hands up in defeat. "Not my business, sorry for making a big deal" She smiled "Thank you, I guess we should go out and wait, huh?"

Picking up her bags again Sarah slowly weaved her way through the crowds and towards the escalator to the streets above. Waiting for Kaden to follow before hopping on to the mechanical steps. "So if you have a driver why were you taking the train?" Sarah asked, unable to help but feel a little curious.

Kaden couldn't help but crack a larger smile at Sarah's comment. Most people did have his brand of phone, even to the point where the other companies gave up, giving him an almost perfect monopoly, which was quickly stretching to other types of tech. Having something to relate to, even if it was something as basic as a phone brand. But it was a good start for them. Again, she didn't give him a chance to answer, but he didn't seem to mind. He picked up one of the suitcases and followed Sarah towards the escalators, standing behind her with a step between the two of them. He set his hand on the railing while his eyes focused on the ground above them, listening to what follow up questions the woman had for him.

Again, he smiled and glanced towards her, his hazel eyes matching with hers with a slight joy hidden deep within. "I had that same question asked earlier today," he admitted, drumming his fingers lightly on the moving railing beside him. "Something told me it would be a good idea. And I'm quite glad I did." His smile slowly turned into a smirk as he stepped off the moving staircase and walked towards the sleak black and silver town car parked against the clear sidewalk several feet from the entrance of the subway station. There was a properly uniformed driver waiting outside of the Rolls-Royce who, with a smile, opened the back suicide-style doors before crossing towards the trunk and popping it open.

"Evening, sir," he greeted. "You needed me anyway?"

Kaden handed him the bag and moved around the door to take a seat. "Don't mock me, Andrew," he half-scolded with a hidden smile playing on his lips. "If you wouldn't mind, Miss Williams will need a ride to a hotel, if you wouldn't mind. She insists on finding one for the night."

The blonde looked at Sarah as he took the bag from her, almost confused by the idea. "Not taking Mr Dorian up on his offer?" he questioned, guessing that the man had already offered a space in his own home. "He has a beautiful home." With that, he continued as he was instructed, closing the back and offering his hand out to help Sarah into the empty seat in the back of the car. "Any place you'd like to try first then, ma'am?"

Sarah blinked, taken a back by his smile, she tried to hide the distinct blush that quickly warmed her cheeks. Turning her gaze up to the top of the escalator she listened to him as he explained, interested she smiled "I'm glad you did too" Sarah mumbled, not really intending for him to hear. Together they moved off the escalator and onto the street, her gaze quickly falling on to a very expensive car that Kaden moved towards. Her mouth falling open she quickly followed, if only John could see her now, the idea caused a smirk to pull at her lips. The thought of John's eyes popping out of his head as he watched her climb out of the sleek vehicle was one that was going to give her endless satisfaction.

The driver quickly took her luggage and Sarah thanked him, shy she tried to help, but he had already piled in her cases and shut the trunk. "I'm sure he does, judging by his car" Sarah replied, smiling politely as he helped her into the back seat "Thank you, I really appreciate this" She said softly, her body sinking into the luxurious leather seats, almost letting out a very inappropriate groan. "Why would you ever consider taking the train when you have this piece of heaven on wheels as an option?" Sarah mused, her head rolling back on to the head rest.

Snapping back to reality Sarah slid forward on her seat and opened up her note book again, flipping to a page she recited the address to Andrew. "It shouldn't be far" Sarah smiled, closing her book she looked up again "Thank you so much, I don't think I could have walked this far on my own" Sarah said to Andrew before turning her attention back to Kaden. "Thank you Kaden, you really know how to cheer up a girl when she is down".

As soon as Kaden entered the car, he slid to the side, flipping the back cushion in front of him to reveal a computer screen, which he pressed several buttons on. Andrew took his seat in the front and began to pull away from the curb, leaving the two in the back to their private, screen blocked conversation. He started in the direction of the address, giving his passengers a smooth ride towards their destination. Although Kaden had his eyes on the screen, he smiled as Sarah's comments and her final complement. Smoothly, he curled his finger back towards his hand and glanced at the woman beside him, slowly giving her a smile. "I'd do more, if you'd let me," he admitted. "Really. You'd get a free place to stay for the night, no strings attached." He turned back to the screen and pressed a few buttons before flipping the cushion around again and sitting back in a more comfortable position.

"As for you question, this car is quite easy to point out." He waved his hand towards the front of the vehicle. "The subway is the last thing most would expect I would take. And some times I enjoy taking the relaxing ride. No work, no contact, just a quiet ride." He reached beside him and lowered the arm rest, revealing a small computer mouse-like device, but also a place for him to rest his arm. "While my car is quicker, I sometimes like to change things up." He looked towards the woman next to him calmly. "Is the subway a normal route for you?"

"I know and I am grateful for the offer, but I just wouldn't feel right intruding on your life like that. You are obviously a very busy man, I would just get in the way" Sarah smiled, her fingertips idly running along the sleek design of her passenger side door. Her gaze focused on the street outside she casually slipped a strand of hair back behind her ear before turning to face him. Reaching out Sarah placed her hand over his, her eyes rising to meet his own. "Don't worry about me Kaden, you have done more than enough. I can never hope to repay your kindness... As sappy as that sounds" She grinned, her hand squeezing his softly before letting go.

Shifting back into her seat, Sarah folded her hands neatly into her lap and listened to him explain. "That does make sense" Sarah agreed, nodding her head as he asked her a question. "It's the cheapest and quickest way to work" she answered, her personality becoming slightly more chipper. The car slowly pulled up to the curb in front of her address and Andrew stepped out to open her door. Picking up her purse Sarah moved to exit the vehicle, quickly turning to look back "I'll just go check if they have any rooms free" She smiled, slipping out onto the street and walking through to the reception.

Moments later she returned, obvious that she had no luck she slid back into the car, her lips forming a slight pout. "Fully booked" Sarah sighed "I only called half an hour ago to see if there were any available". Pulling out her note book she searched for another address, her attitude slightly dampened. It had been the best choice, close to the subway and reasonably priced, it was only a little hiccup so why did it make her feel so defeated? It was the hormones, she told herself, the pregnancy was just causing her to overreact. Satisfied with that answer she proceeded to tell Andrew the next address on her list "Sorry about this, I swear it had a vacancy when I called".

The man glanced down towards their hands before he smiled and looked back up to watch her. He didn't rebel or argue when she pulled away, describing his situation calmly to her. He took a careful note that she was in fact loosening up, even if just slightly, but enough to make their conversation more worth having, as she was opening up to him, even slightly. Andrew pulled right up to the curb of the hotel, getting out to open the door for her and waiting outside as she dashed inside. Kaden flipped the computer screen around once more and began to pull up several websites for hotels in the area, cutting back on their time as much as possible.

By the time Sarah returned to the car, looking quite defeated, Kaden had run his search and was sipping calmly at a bottle of water. He glanced towards her and waited until Andrew was back inside the car before he shook his head. "That's booked as well," he informed her. "It's late and in the perfect season for people to visit. Most hotels are either sold out or will be out of openings soon." He reached forward to the space between the two front seats and withdrew a small, cool bottle, offering it out to his guest. "I just ran a check of the hotels while you were inside. I'm afraid your options are running thin if you'd like to even think about having a place to stay." It was already getting later in the day and hotels were filling quickly with small families, couples and business people visiting the city for work.

"I take that back, there's a motel or two on the edge of the city that are open." He turned his hazel eyes to look at Sarah. "But as a gentleman, I refuse to let you stay at such a place. I doubt you would argue with me if you saw the state of the rooms." Kaden slowly raised an eyebrow, twisting the top back onto his own bottle.

Sinking down into her seat, Sarah put away her note book and glanced outside she hadn't noticed how late it was. The sun had almost completely set, the street lights had flickered on and illuminated the streets in a dim orange glow. Sarah bit nervously on her lower lip, shifting in her seat she turned to look at him, her eyebrows raised and her lips pulled into a lopsided smile. As much as she didn't want to admit it, it was becoming more and more apparent that Kaden was right. Even if they did find a hotel on the other side of town it would be too far from work and it would be selfish to waist his time on such a foolish endeavor. "Seems as though your offer is becoming more and more appealing" Sarah admitted, running a hand through her hair "May I please stay in your guest room tonight, I promise to be out of your hair in the morning" she added on quickly.

Sarah had never felt like more of a charity case then right at that moment, if she wasn't so camera shy she probably could have sold her story to a lifetime special. It was beginning too feel like a cheesy romance novel, with her playing the damsel in distress and Kaden filling the role of the knight in shining armor. A cliché, but it summarised how she felt perfectly, it was silly really, so silly she began to smile then laugh. Her hand covered her mouth quickly as she giggled, her eyes closed she shook her head "I'm sorry, this just seems so crazy" Sarah stuttered between her chuckles. "I shouldn't be laughing, you're just so nice and this is all just sinking in... I feel like I'm dreaming" Sarah looked up at him, her smile warmer than before, the colour returning to her face.

Reaching out Sarah held his hand again, her bright brown eyes meeting his she smiled. "Thank you Kaden, even if this is a dream I'm glad I met you" She chuckled, her head turning to look away, her hand still holding his tenderly.

With any other person, Kaden would have been careful to offer his own home to her, but Sarah seemed innocent enough and her baby would appreciate it later in his life when he didn't have to stay on the streets. He listened to her rambling, unable to hide the smile he gave her in response to what she was saying. "Don't worry about any of this, Sarah," he told her, giving her hand its own gentle squeeze. With his opposite hand, he reached over to the arm rest, pressing one of the buttons to call his driver's attention. "Miss Williams has agreed to use my spare room for the night. If you wouldn't mind taking us back to the house." There was a short moment of silence before Andrew's voice came back with a simple agreement of "no problem." The dark haired man sat back with a soft sigh, his own eyes trailing to the world outside of the car.

"May I ask what your job is?" he questioned, looking back to Sarah, attempting to make their car ride less awkward than it could be. His free hand drummed a light beat on his leg as he felt the car turn a corner. His eyes flashed to the window behind his guest before looking back at her. He wasn't completely sure he knew where he was, but it was getting closer to the downtown area. There were growing advertisements for his competitors merchandise as they attempted to compete with what his own company was putting out and there were even a few shots of his own logo plastered on the windows of tech shops, advertising they sold his latest gadgets inside. While Kaden was never one to flaunt what he had in other people's faces, he knew what he could afford and he wasn't about to cheap out just because someone else would get offended by him using his money how he wanted. "There's no rush for you to leave until you've found a perfect spot to move to and I could arrange for you to have a driver as well, if you didn't want to spend the money on the Tube. I would imagine that would get expensive after a bit."

the best he could do now was distract Sarah from looking back out the windows and noticing any of the advertisements. That might only throw her into a further slump if she realized who she was in the car with. But something about her told him she wasn't one that was completely into technology. Her comment about his phone was one of the clues to that, but who knew at her work place who might have been. And it wasn't like Kaden had a true moment to himself. There always seemed to be cameras flashing around him outside of his work and his face was on several important magazines at that point in time. But the last thing he wanted was to frighten her back into the shell he seemed to be cracking her out of.

Nodding she let go of his hand, reclining back into her own seat, her smile never leaving her lips. "I think I am going to say thank you a lot tonight" Sarah mused as he directed the driver, his smile causing a faint blush to colour her cheeks. Pressing a hand to her stomach Sarah sighed, today had been one hell of a roller coaster ride, it was almost to much. Turning her attention back to Kaden she answered his question "I'm a primary school teacher, I have a wonderful class of children in grade three and four" Sarah held a small bit of pride in her voice as she thought of her class, they were her pride and joy, even the trouble makers, she loved every single one of them. "They have just come back from winter vacation and are a little rowdy. They're going to be even more of a handle full now with the baby on the way, but I think it'll be a fun challenge" Sarah grinned.

"Oh, please don't trouble yourself with getting me a driver, part of my pay package comes with a annual ticket for the subway, that's the main reason I use it so much. Wouldn't want it to go to waist" she nodded, trying hard to politely turn down his offer "You've done far too much for me already, so don't worry, I can look after myself". Sarah smiled again, she wasn't trying to be rude or inconsiderate, but she already felt too overwhelmed by his generosity. Attempting to change the subject Sarah turned her attention back to him, her head cocked to the side slightly "From what I can tell so far, I am guessing you work some where very important?" Sarah asked before she could stop herself "Not that I mean to pry" She awkwardly blurted out, her hand rubbing the back of her neck gingerly.

A school teacher? Well there's someone Kaden hadn't met for a few years. He hadn't run into a school teacher since he left university six years ago. There wasn't anything wrong with that, in his mind, but it wasn't the type of person he was used to working with. But he knew what it meant; Sarah had to be a kind, patient woman would could put up with a lot before she snapped. In short, she would be a wonderful mother. "Nothing you can't handle though," he agreed with a smile. "I doubt your work will punish you for having a child. Most schools are understanding, are they not?" He glanced out his window as they began to leave the middle of the city and head towards his home. He lived in the calmer, northern area of the city were several people much like him, all begging the press for their privacy, protecting their homes with large gates just to keep onlookers out. Kaden hated it most days, but he knew it was better to look like a money-flaunting asshole then have the media at his door every morning when he woke up.

He watched as the buildings began to grow more scarce, signalling they were getting closer. But their conversation continued and Kaden paid just as much attention now as he did in the very beginning. "I'm the owner of a large company," he told her with a smile. "We probably help in your classrooms, I'd imagine." It didn't seem as if she was about to guess any time soon. Kaden assumed he should stop teasing her. "The Delusion company is getting quite large after all. I know we've donated to many schools in the area." The car turned again then stopped as the sound of an opening gate filled the air around them. The man looked out his window and smiled slightly as he withdrew his phone. "I have a few rooms you can pick from, depending on where you'd like to stay in the house," he informed her, pressing a few buttons on the screen before returning it to his pocket.

The car drove up the driveway, pulling towards the house as it began to slide into the view from Sarah's window. It looked almost brand new with a Victorian design to it, complete with decorative rock trim on the outer walls. Andrew pulled around to the front of the house and moved to open the doors once again, letting Sarah out to see the home in all of it's glory. Kaden exited through his own door and crossed around the back of the vehicle to join his guest, taking the lead as he stepped onto the large wrap around porch. "Tessa can help you with the bags, Andrew," he instructed as a side thought, opening the front door. "Take them upstairs and Miss Williams will decide on her room."

Sarah sat back stunned, that was it! That was where she knew him from! And not just because his face was plastered on almost every billboard or the constant stream of news articles, but because of his charity. Fishing out her ragged notebook Sarah fumbled through a dozen photos before pulling out her school's most recent newsletter. "Aha!" Sarah exclaimed, holding up the folded piece of paper that had a large professional photo of him on the front with the title "Three cheers for the Delusion Grant!" in a large, very noticeable font. Beneath that was a small report on his most recent charity work including a fully paid scholarship for the school's more under privileged children. "I knew I knew your face! Two of the children who are supported by your scholarship are in my class" Sarah beamed, embarrassed that she didn't recognize him sooner. "It is an honor to meet you, you have no idea how much good you have done for those children" Sarah gushed, her cheeks burning red as she turned to put the newsletter back into her book. "Sorry, you must get that a lot" Sarah smiled as she exited the car and waited for him, anxious she tried to help with the bags, but both Andrew and Tessa waved her off and she thanked them before moving to catch up with Kaden.

Sarah looked up in awe at the size of the house, her eyes wide, her mouth even wider as she admired its grand architecture. "Wow" Sarah breathed, forcing herself to move forward into the house with him. "How could I possibly decide? I'm used to sleeping on a futon in a studio apartment, any room would be a serious upgrade" Sarah joked as she turned constantly to get a better look at the house. "I am pretty sure I died on the train and have gone to heaven or I am dreaming" she breathed as they walked upstairs and down the grand hallway to a set of rooms along the southern part of the house. "Is your room down this way?" Sarah asked curiously, not intending to intrude as she peeked through an open door to a luxurious bathroom. Placing a hand on her lips she moved along, her eyes wide as she longed to just explore every part of the grand home.

The amount of gushing and thanks he was getting from the woman was highly entertaining, not to mention sweet. Internally, he was chuckling to himself, wondering just how long she could go before she decided it would be too much. Kaden wasn't making fun of her or mocking her in anyway, he just found it somewhat adorable what she was doing and how excited she was about the whole thing. For him, it was just nice to have a woman in the car who wasn't trying to get into his pants even ten seconds. Sarah seemed to have a mind that worked in her head and she seemed to be ready to use it however she needed too, even if it was just for more 'thank yous' and amazed looks. They were quite adorable and the man didn't mind them one bit.

Followed Sarah up the stairs, Kaden began to remove his jacket, leaving it hand over the railing for Tessa to pick up when she had the chance. His staff was good about doing their job to its full extent to a point where it got annoying for the man to live around. But he wouldn't trade them for the world. They were perfect in every way and made his life that much better. Otherwise he would be in his home alone and have no one to assist him with his work outside of the office. He continued to follow his guest, lightly nudging her away from the closed double doors at the top of the stairs. "My room would be behind those doors," he told her, gesturing towards them. "You however, may pick from this room," he began, pointing into the open door across from the double. "Or one of the two across the way."

He opened a door along the wall to expose a large media room, complete with a built in flat screen television, plush seating and several other devices, all of the latest and his favourite technology. "This is the media room, open to your use for as long as your visit may be. All the latest and greatest can be found inside." He stepped back until he reached the railing and tucked his hands deep into the pockets of his pants. "You have all night to explore. Just let Tessa know when you've found a room. I'll leave you to it while I get out of this suit." He stood up and smiled sweetly before starting towards the closed double doors. "Enjoy yourself," he added with a small turn towards her as he cracked the door open.

"Good evening, Kaden," a fluid, robotic voice chimed as the door opened. He seemed to ignore it and gestured towards one of the loft rooms. "They happen to be the most private. And the baths are to die for." He slide inside his room with a short "good evening, Martha" before clothing the door behind him, leaving Sarah to wander as she pleased. Tessa had brought her bags upstairs by now and was casually setting them down with a smile. Kaden had nothing to worry about as long as his staff was there. If Sarah were to try anything, they were loyal to their death to the man and would stop her at any cost.

Sarah nodded politely as she listened to him direct her to the spare bedrooms and the media room. Her jaw dropping to the floor as they passed the room and she spotted the television hanging on the back wall "You have your own cinema?!" Sarah blurted out, amazed by it all. Pulling her back to reality, Kaden disappeared into his room and Sarah smiled, nodding her head at his directions. Putting a finger to her lips Sarah pondered which room to take, wandering over to the first door she placed her hand on the door handle and grinned "What's behind door number one?" She announced to herself before pushing the door open and looking inside. Her eyes almost popped out of her head at the size of the room, it was grand and so luxurious, Sarah was sure it could fit her whole apartment inside and would still have room to move around. It was an elegant room fit for a queen, adorned with comfortable couches and rugs, it was a paradise. Smiling, Sarah stepped out and closed the door, wanting to have a look at the other rooms before making her decision.

The next room was a little more masculine and stream lined, hard wooden floors and modern style furniture Sarah was sure it had been the design for a luxurious hotel. Closing the door she stepped over to the last door and prepared herself "Lucky last" She smiled as she pushed on the door and stepped inside, her smile only growing wider, it was perfect. The bedroom was much smaller than the others and held far less furniture, but it appealed to Sarah more than either of them. It was humble and all she could ever need.

Leaning against the door Sarah just admired the room, her mind lost in thought she didn't notice both Andrew and Tessa coming up behind her. Tapping her shoulder Andrew asked for her to excuse him and she quickly hopped out of the way, her hand pressed to her cheek she thanked them as they placed her bags in her room. "Are you sure you want this one, dear? Mr. Dorian does have a much larger room down the hall if you'd feel more comfortable" Tessa advised, handing Andrew the bags she was carrying for him to put down.
"Oh no, this is perfect. I shouldn't be here for too long so it doesn't matter" Sarah replied, her smile as sweet as ever. Tessa gave a curt nod and moved to the side as Andrew left the room to head back down stairs. "As you wish, dear. Can I get you anything? Towels? A hot drink?" Tessa asked, returning the smile.
"A tea would be unbelievably wonderful, thank you" Sarah sighed, placing a hand to her heart. With a smile and a nod Tessa left to fetch the tea, leaving Sarah to relax in her room.

Once Tessa was out of sight Sarah smiled and almost skipped towards the bed, flopping herself down onto the soft mattress. The hundreds of pillows on the top of the bed bounced up slightly as the unexpected weight jumped on. Sprawling out onto her back Sarah closed her eyes, never having felt more comfortable in her life. Nothing seemed to matter anymore, nothing except the small embryo growing inside her. Placing her hands onto her stomach Sarah smiled "It's just you and me now kiddo, I'm sorry I couldn't find a more honorable man to be your father".

As soon as Kaden shut his bedroom door, the voice began to pester him with questions about his day at work, demanding that he respond to the latest emails in his inbox and reminding him of what he had to do before he could go to bed that night. The man let it happen, but was only paying half attention to the 'woman'. He stripped himself of his tie and jacket, tossing them onto the foot of his bed to put away later before his experienced hands worked the buttons of his shirt free on the way to his large closet. He took out a simple change of clothing and wasted no time getting out of his work clothes. He reentered his bedroom and took a seat on the small bench resting at the foot of his bed. Unlike the rest of his Neo-victorian home, Kaden's room was far more modern, with light browns and warm red colours spread throughout the room, a huge difference from the stark white and crisp black designs of his workplace.

Eventually the droning on became too much and he silenced his robotic assistant. "Please Martha, relax. I'll get it done, just stop instructing me, will you?" The robot went silent, meaning she was beginning to pout. Kaden sighed and laid back against his bed with a soft hum before he stood up. "Alright, continue. But slow down." The voice picked up again and the man slid his phone into his pants pocket. He took care of several pieces of pressing business before leaving his room.

From outside in the hall, the same robotic voice began to move, sounding as if it came from speakers placed above the ceiling. Kaden could be heard speaking in the same muffled volume, slowly growing closer as he stepped up onto the loft platform by Sarah's borrowed room. "I'll deal with it tomorrow," he informed the voice before it huffed, just like a frustrated woman would. "Good night then, Kaden," it finished angrily before the hallway went silent. There was nothing for a few minutes, but soon Kaden stepped forward and approached the open door, lightly knocking on it.

"Very nice pick," he commented, glancing around the room. It was the most simple of the rooms, but it matched Sarah's personality perfectly from what he had seen. Kaden took the chance to change and was now wearing a pair of blue jeans and a crisp white button-up shirt, much like the one he had on during the day. He hadn't bothered to shave yet, but the tired look in his eyes he had hid all day was slowly beginning to show as he began to relax inside of his home. "I believe my sister designed this room. She's always enjoyed the rose colour." He gestured towards the walls slightly and leaned against the door frame. His eyes continued to travel around the room, taking it in as if he hadn't bothered to look inside for a while.

Sarah rose to her feet and removed her long black trench coat, her scarf and gloves and carefully folded them to sit on top of her luggage. Underneath her coat she wore a long sleeved, light blue, woolen dress that flared out down to her knees to meet the top of a pair of brown, knee high leather boots. The collar of the dress swooped fairly low, but did not show any cleavage. There was no shape to the dress so Sarah had wrapped a thick brown belt around the middle to show off her waist line. Draped around her neck a string of brightly colored, mismatched beads hung down past her chest, an obvious gift from the children she taught. It was a very casual outfit, very comfortable, perfect for a school teacher.

Tessa returned with a tray for Sarah's tea and placed it down on the small coffee table at the end of her bed. Sarah thanked her and she quickly left with a curt nod, leaving Sarah alone again. Sitting down on the couch at the end of the room Sarah prepared herself a cup of tea just as Kaden left his room and approached her own. Putting her cup back down on the tray Sarah moved to answer the door, stepping aside to let him enter. "Your sister has marvelous tastes" Sarah smiled, her eyes gazing around the room "Would you like to have some tea, Tessa was kind enough to bring it up for me" Sarah asked, a slight blush in her cheeks, she was not used to being served like this.

The man stepped inside only to shake his head. "No, you enjoy it. I'm not much of a tea drinker." He approached the table and stopped behind one of the chairs, looking over the small set up Tessa had brought upstairs. "My sister needed a room for her college's final project and I had recently moved in." His eyes danced around the room before finally landing on his guest with a small smile. He finally had a chance to take a look at Sarah, just enough to notice what she happened to be wearing. The jacket hid her figure, as all always did, but now that it was removed, he looked at just how her body was built. She certainly looked like a school teacher and although she didn't look like the normal woman who would try to sneak into his home, there wasn't a thing wrong with that. It was a nice change to have a woman who wasn't attempting to get into his bed every few minutes.

"Where is the school you work at?" he asked, glancing back towards the table. While Kaden rarely drank tea, the smell was sweet and was even tempted to try some later on that night. "And are you getting hungry? Tessa is a wonderful cook as well, if you'd like dinner."

Smiling Sarah moved to sit back down on the couch, her tea waiting for her she picked it up and took a long sip, almost moaning as the perfectly warm liquid slid down her throat. It was the most amazing cup of tea she had ever had, it was so perfect Sarah did not hesitate to pour herself a second cup. Looking up Sarah blushed as she noticed him watching her briefly, her teeth grazing over her lower lip she looked away. "Oh, um East Barnet" Sarah answered, placing her cup back down onto the tray before turning in her seat to face him. "No, I'm not really that hungry, thank you" She smiled "So I am guessing your sister has gone into interior design?" Sarah asked, changing the subject.

Leaning back into her seat, Sarah crossed her legs, her arms wrapped casually around her stomach as she watched him. Slightly admiring how he looked in his jeans and shirt, trying hard not to stare.

Back
Top Bottom