Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's The Reason Behind Your Name?

That would be the one. Some things, perhaps, were a bit mad, but he truly was a very intelligent and brilliant man. :) Lovely to see someone else who appreciates him/his work.

If you are in to literary work from the late 1700/early 1800's, it's worth at least a skim or two. Juliette, in the very least, is a good read. The film Salo or 120 Days of Sodom was loosely based from Marquis' work. Not a film I particularly enjoyed I must say.

I'm not even sure why I chose my username. I mean, I love the Muse song, but not that much.

My username is the same on Elliquiy; I remember sitting there, trying to think of a kickass name and this popped up. It was unique, and it wasn't taken, so why not?

Doesn't help the fact that I get called "Uppie Guppie" now. >_>

Uprising - Up - Uppie - Uppie Guppie.

Escalated quickly, yeah. <_<

Please, no Yuppies. Dx

Hmmmm...my username came about from my RL personality. I was often the clumsy one of my friends, and I still am, but, after my close friends explained that they were trying to laugh with me instead of at me...well...let's just say that I laugh at almost everything bad that happens to me now. ^.^

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yrfYoZVPIg[/video]

When I was first getting into role-playing, a friend said that she related that song to me. She said I should make my name Rave, spelled just as you would think to spell it. Well, I didn't like that. Didn't think it stood out. So, I started thinking about how I could spell it with her there, and I came up with Raivh. Yep. That's the story behind my name.

When I was 10 I loved The Matrix. I wanted my own awesome codename like Neo or Morphues. So one day I plucked Zynode out of the air because I like the letter Z and it kinda sounds sci-fi and cyberpunky. Now I go by Vert but thats a whole 'nother story

No clever situations or stories I'm afraid. I think I picked it as a two syllable, easy to say/think word that I liked. Suppose I'm also a fan of the moon in general (and Crescent > Gibbon). I did come up with it prior to discovering this site as a roleplaying handle, though you have to admit it fits here nicely.

I've been using this name since I was 17-ish

Anyways I actually heard the name from my mom. I'd gotten her into Inuyasha and all that lovely jazz and she started looking into the culture, history and language of Japan [She actually has the Katakana and Hiragana done and I think some Kanji.]

Well she had been looking up names and words and had "Karameida" "Marisaiko" and one other that starts with an I that I can never remember. I'd come in to check on her and she started talking to me and showed me some of the things she'd found. From the get-go I just liked how "Karameida" looked and sounded and fell more in love with it when I found out what it meant.

So from that day forth I have used "Karameida" for just about everything.

[For those wondering what it means, it means "Capturing Destiny"]

There's some pretty funny dialogue in mass effect (if i remember right) that basically goes
"Wrex,"
"Shepard"
"Shepard,"
"wrex."
Wrex is a Krogan, Shepard sounds like Shepherd. I think being a Krogan shepherder would be a funny job... and there you go

My real first name is Susan. But the last name Haynes is fake. It's actually the last name of another redhead that I kinda knew back when I was a freshmen in High School and she was a senior. And the number doesn't mean anything. I'm really 18.

VitaObscura = Secret Life in Latin

Obscura was my call sign in the USAR since I was a 96B ( Intelligence Analyst ), everyone in my group had one since we were like that. Best friend in the unit was called "Moto" aka "Master of the Obvious", he brain farted a lot. Another buddy was called "Revlon" since he applied a lot of camouflage.

Vita just because.

I'm really a girly-girl and I thought, oh, what are two sweet things that I love to eat? I love honey and I love cakes. Meshed together, they produce an "O.K." username, so I was like, well that settles that. About the number 12, that was just random. Even though "HoneyCake" without the number was available, it looked to bare, like it needed attitude, so I added 12~

This.

Halaster is a pseudonym that I use on this site specifically. There's no real reason behind it other than the fact that I absolutely love the concept of the character in provided URL. I'm a 'magic' kind of guy, and I love insane characters, and that guy has both.

Simple :

Because I have them. :D

Also the nickname of a character I used to play who gained sustenance from giving other people pleasure. It seemed appropriate for here.

Not much behind my name...
I love to RP & I'm a fan of Gossip Girl + TV SHOWS :D
What better way to show my love other than picking a kickass quote from GG?
It's also something I do say quite often.."You know you love me" With the cutest smile on my face :)

Back
Top Bottom