Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's The Reason Behind Your Name?

The dark-skinned Espada with the blonde hair and the... Er....

Large assets?

A good character to have love for, even if she dies somewhat.... Anticlimactically.

Still getting a lot of interesting stories.

I agree, I liked her, but her death was a little anticlimactic. And sadly, as good a character she is, she also seems to be the subject of a lot of unpleasant cosplays I've seen at conventions. I'm really trying not to come off as mean, but I see a lot of girls dress like her that have bodies they really shouldn't be showing off like that.

I don't think I'm saying anything wrong when I say that people of certain body types should try to stay away from cosplaying certain characters. Of you weigh 300 pounds, it's probably a bad idea to Cosplay as Dante from Devil May Cry. That being said, if you weigh 93 lbs, you might want to reconsider cosplaying as Gluttony or Zangief from FMA/Street Fighter respectively.

Or... Were you being sarcastic? Sorry, I literally just woke up, so my brain is super sluggish.

Seriously? You're gonna limit a healthy chunk of the population to a handful of characters? Let 'em do what pleases 'em. Doesn't hurt the viewer.

As I understand it, Cosplay is equal parts fun and respect to the character. You become them for a short time, and everything from props to costume even down to manner of speech and movement are made in attempt to emulate the subject material.

I'm all for Cosplay if it makes you feel good, if it allows you a period of escape, then go for it. But "I see a lot of girls dress like her that have bodies they really shouldn't be showing off like that." Is pretty self definitive. Besides, I'll be the first to admit that as a large person myself, I'm perfectly content to experiment displaying with a character that fits the body type. I'm certain there's people who want to be Kakashi or Edward Elric or Jubei Yagyu, etc, but they know that they body type they have- most of the time, it's not even a weight issue as much as it is a frame/height/dimension issue- doesn't permit them to provide the character the amount of respect they feel it deserves.

I kind of meant that. I don't mind if people cosplay as characters of a different race, body type, or even gender. I've seen a pretty good Akuma done by a black guy, an awesome Dante done by a girl, and a chubby guy do a good Armstrong from FMA. What I kind of have a problem with is the people that pick a cosplay that is meant to show off the body, but they don't really have the type of body for it. I mean like Yoko from Gurren Lagann, Tia and adult Nel from Bleach, EVA from MGS3. Just those outfits that are meant to show off the body. I apologize if I offend anyone by saying that, I'm just stating an opinion.

The other day I saw a guy who couldn't have weighed more than 125 lbs with a sunken chest cosplaying as Mike Haggar from Final Fight. I definitely wasnt the only person who thought it was a bad decision on his part.

Several years ago I was trying to come up with a username for a certain site. At the time I was playing the Legacy of Kain series and liked the character Raziel and thought that the name was cool. Since there already was a user called Raziel I just slapped in 83 because I was born in 1983. Boring story really.

I did check where the name came from and Raziel is one of the archangels according to Kabbalah. Which is also cool. In fact if I was the pretentious artsy type I would probably claim that as the source for this username.

After making my profile here I did notice that the site already has another username with Raziel and two numbers so now I'm wondering if I should change the name to avoid confusion.

Raziel83 said:
Several years ago I was trying to come up with a username for a certain site. At the time I was playing the Legacy of Kain series and liked the character Raziel and thought that the name was cool. Since there already was a user called Raziel I just slapped in 83 because I was born in 1983. Boring story really.

I did check where the name came from and Raziel is one of the archangels according to Kabbalah. Which is also cool. In fact if I was the pretentious artsy type I would probably claim that as the source for this username.

After making my profile here I did notice that the site already has another username with Raziel and two numbers so now I'm wondering if I should change the name to avoid confusion.

Bet yer still pissed over the lack of closure in Defiance, eh?

Not pissed. It was a good story and although it is dissapointing that it ended in a cliffhanger with no sequel to be seen I enjoyed the ride.

All the Legacy of Kain games ended in a sad way, the whole point being that the characters were trapped in a vicious cycle of violence by powers beyond their control. With the ending in Defiance the world is still a mess and the old god is still in charge but this time Kain knows his enemy, is more powerful than ever before and is free from the control of "fate."

So, basically a nice hopeful ending for a game, not perfect for the last part of a series but it could have been a lot worse.

As a fan, I'm sure you know that the first Soul Reaver was so heavily edited from the original story, the entire series changed how it was supposed to play out. For instance, other WAS to be a fight with Zephon, but not in the cathedral, and not as a giant spider beast. The Cathedral was supposed to be where you'd fight a ridiculously hard boss that was actually a Human Priestess of sorts.

If I'm not mistaken, the story changed so much because at some point early in development, then studio handling the Dev work switched to another studio's hands.

Yeah, there were a lot of changes, but that happens to most games/series/movies, it is not automatically bad. They at least tried to keep the story consistent and free of major plotholes or rewriting. Considering the changes in developers and being forced to rush some of the games it was an achievement that they did as well as they did.

I was actually suprised when I went to check and realised that it's been ten years since they made Defiance.

Ten years already?

And with Silicon Knights having lost a major legal battle recently....

Well, shit. But if Ocarina of Time was popular enough to warrant a 3DS rerelease, and fans of Majora's Mask actually managed to pass the Project Moonfall petition (which told Nintendo that enough people loved the game to have worldwide outcry for a 3DS rerelase), and Nintendo has confirmed that it is under development, shouldn't it be possible to start something like a Project Nosgoth petition or something by Kickstarter to demand either an updated (which is incredibly hard to do from a PS1 to a PS3 game) or a continued game in the LoK series?

Let's face it, for all the flaws the games as a whole had, writing was not one of them. They are from an era where it WAS possible to have a hit game with a brilliant and haunting story that didn't need to sacrifice anything to the lowest common denominator (I'm talking about you, Call of Duty.) If we (the fans) could get Sony interested in bringing back Kain, Raziel, the Elder God, and all the other loveable face-eating inhabitants of Nosgoth, and if they could make certain to bring back then writers from SR1/2/BO1/LoK:D (I though Blood Omen 2 sucked) the saga of Kain and Raziel could come to a long-awaited close, and the wheel of fate would stop turning for the Vampire King.

One thing I never got though.....WTF are the Hylden supposed to be, exactly? Because they honestly seemed a bit.... Unnecessary. Yes, they were then reason for the vampire's curse and eventual downfall, but the writing staff could just have easily forgotten such a forgettable foe in place of something more.... Defined.

a) BO2 was my first contact with the series. ;)

b) The first time the Hylden appeared they were pretty much just like some random fantasy monster race. "Ancient enemies" and another threat for the vampires and humans. I suppose the writers could have just forgotten about them after BO2 but I actually liked their expanded backstory, it tied them into the world and showed more about the Elder God's influence to the world. The Hylden did not worship him so he set the vampires on them, then when the Vampires beat them and banished them the Hylden cursed the Vampires to become the bloodsucking immortals they are. This means that both of these races have a tragic backstory as the vampires were merely following the orders of their God who forsake them after the curse and the Hylden who had been just defending themselves were corrupted and mutated by the hellish world they were trapped in.

So rather than abandoning the Hylden they expanded on their origin which gave us a background for the original vampire race (not the humans turned vampires.)

c) Should we start a new thread for this conversation?

A) I never completed the first Blood Omen, but what I played was fun. Soul Reavee was my contact, and when my step-uncle first opened the case of the game, I was in love with Raziel, with Nosgoth, etc.

2) yes, I just. Went A,2

Twelve) yes, a new thread may be best so as not to incur the wrath of the immortal server god that lurks BMR.

My username is based off the cyborg ninja from the first MGS. That dude impressed me everytime.

And well the Z, I'm basicly the only one that uses it after the name, so I have a consistent username across several forums/games.

and... "who doesn't love the Z" - Zimos, saints row 3

grayfoxz said:
you got it right motherf*kcer!! :p

images

behind my user name well there not much because there none i just made it up

Back
Top Bottom