Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's The Reason Behind Your Name?

Michie Mich is a nickname of mine given to me by one of my favorite teachers. It's stuck with me every since.~

The reason behind my name is simple Snake Plissken is my favorite movie character/anti hero of all time I've loved both Escape from NY and Escape from LA since I was a kid and the movies never got old to me no matter how many times I've watched them. While other kids had their heroes like Superman and Spiderman I had my hero....well my anti hero and that is Snake Plissken :)

I wanted to explore some of my darker urges and weird fantasies. I wanted to explore other people's weird fantasies and darker urges. The name came about as a simple play on the English language. "Dirty", to refer to being morally unclean or corrupt. "Midnight", to refer to all of this going on in darkness or secrecy.

Ergo, my name is a reflection of my literal intentions: To be morally unkempt in the darkness and comfort of anonymity.

Thus, Dirty Midnight was born.

Breath of Fire 3 - Two dragon names caught my eye, and became the names of both halves of my RP character - Kaiser and Trygon.

Due to... Extensive backstory, Kaiser fell out of favor with me, and Trygon became my lone handle.

Wanna know how pissed I was the first time I saw a Tyranid army and realized I wasn't half as creative as I thought?

Hahvoc became my handle when I joined this site. It was inspired by one of my favorite authors JR Ward. She takes a lot of "regular" words and changes them up to fit into this name style she came up with that's simple but has an impact.

A few of her characters:

Tohrment
Hharm
Rhage

I got my name in middle school when I first started role playing a long time ago because I would do rap battles all the time, and wouldn't lose often, so my name was born Hooray!

• A song I liked years ago was like Pretty lyk Drugs or something. Since I don't like drugs, but I DO like sin... I went with prettylykSIN.

Barbie has always been my nickname. If it even looks like Barbie would have it in her house, I probably have it in mine.
Plus, Barbie is kind of my whole-life role model. Aside from the negative connotation that she's been given, she's pretty solid on the fact of being a huge feminist. She can take on all of these jobs, still be a mother, have a successful career, have a huge house, her own fashion line, and a nice car with a beautiful hubby (and some questionable friends ;]). Barbie can do anything, and has inspired far too many people to be condemned to "She's a whore in a mini skirt".

I'm surprised that this is doing so well. Thanks guys, I love the different stories. Very fascinating. :D

Mine is not nearly as interesting as all of these i have been reading. I am rather impressed with how much thought has gone into a lot of these name. Mine is simply that I have green eyes and i'm currently twenty three. Not really much else to say.

I have always loved my little pony, and one night while watching robot chicken on Cartoon Network a skit came on where the ponies were the four horsemen of the apocalypse. I liked it, so I took a piece of the theme song. I have used this name on almost every site I am on. And I love it so much I got a cutie mark that looks like a mushroom cloud. Only rainbow of course!

Well, I've always loved the idea of the seven deadly sins. They kind of fascinate me. It started when I was in middle school, and it never went away. So when I joined the site, I was thinking of sins, and how really they're not sins here. They're necessities. And really, everyone has some of the sins in their life, so it's a necessity in the real world too.

And thus my name was born. (=

..Dementia is my legal name and well..it sounded like a good username. If you don't really know what dementia is..google it. C:

HeartOfTheDarkness said:
For HeartOfTheDarkness, I picked this because at the time, I was reading a lot of The Darkness comics. Actually, my usual username on most places is DarknessHarbinger, but someone apparently beat me to that name on this site, so I picked this instead. I guess it can go with a lot of other things I like too, like how most of my favorite characters are the villains.

There, let's see what other people have. :)

Mmmmmmm, yes, I am a huge fan of Mr Jackie Estacado. The games didn't quite do then comic justice, but they were still entertaining as far as retelling go. Then again, given always had a preference for just about anything Top Cow or Image Comics puts out.

As for me, well... Its embarrassing. I was.... What, 12? It wasn't some time around that age (making this my 9th year as a role player) that I came up with the name. It was on the forums for an Artix games RPG that had just come out called AdventureQuest. Pretty fun little game that in was into for the longest time.

Anyway, on then forums, you needed a name, and my login I had been using at the time- baraka01- just felt... Dull. So I began to think about it. At the time, the whole 'insanity' angle really appealed to me (I was a freaking kid, I thoguth I was being unique and edgy) and I was obsessed with The Joker. To this day, he is still my favorite villain of all time, and the biggest reason I watch/read Batman. The Millenium part came from me being unable to spell Millennium correctly, and from this whole persona I had built around the name (A new Joker for a new millennium, a clown price of crime for the new century) my current screen name was born.

I'd though about changing it to something a bit less immature and overall stupid on several occasions. But after a while, Millennium Joker stuck, and it permeates almost every aspect of my life online. So if you see a Millenium Joker anywhere online, be it Xbox live/ PlayStation Network/ Facebook/ YouTube/ etc, chances are that is me.

Now, recently I HAVE separated myself from the name with my twitter account no Millennium Joker there, but I am known to some as..... The one and only.... The legendary.....

ChubbyChpndale.

Dementia said:
..Dementia is my legal name and well..it sounded like a good username. If you don't really know what dementia is..google it. C:

Sorry, have we met? I vaguely recall someone telling me that Dementia was their legal name once... Seems like kind of a stretch that there's two of you, no?

Trygon said:
Dementia said:

Sorry, have we met? I vaguely recall someone telling me that Dementia was their legal name once... Seems like kind of a stretch that there's two of you, no?

I wouldn't recall honestly. I guess message me and we can discuss? o:

I used to love the rain as a little kid, so when I was old enough to start using the internet I wanted to use "raindrops" as my username. Seeing that this was already taken, I decided to use "raindrips" instead. After awhile I got a bit bored of it since it still sounded so close to raindrops, so I tried to think of something else. My friend and I were talking about hazelnuts at the time (my favorite nut) and for whatever reason I decided to use this as my username. Since then, I've been known as hazeldrips.

..I wish I had a more deep and epic reasoning behind my name. xD

Snake Plissken said:
The reason behind my name is simple Snake Plissken is my favorite movie character/anti hero of all time I've loved both Escape from NY and Escape from LA since I was a kid and the movies never got old to me no matter how many times I've watched them. While other kids had their heroes like Superman and Spiderman I had my hero....well my anti hero and that is Snake Plissken :)
I bear an unholy love for nearly all of the Kurt Russell subgenre of action movies. Great name and signature image.

Suspires said:
Snake Plissken said:
I bear an unholy love for nearly all of the Kurt Russell subgenre of action movies. Great name and signature image.

Does this count?
key_art_captain_ron.jpg

How can one not love Kurt Russell????

Though, to stay on topic.... it's pretty nifty reading the stories behind everyone's user names. :)

@Suspires-Thank you :)

@Nennius- Captain Ron was a great movie I laughed so hard when I watched it lol

@DA- I agree it is pretty nifty reading the stories behind everyone's names :)

Never seen the Escape From movies, but always wanted to. The fact that SNAKE's character uses the pseudonym Iroquois PLISSKEN in Metal Gear Solid 2 is just awesome to me.

Mauser C-96 in .45 ACP. Made in China in the 20-30's (I think) when the Thompson was also very popular over there, Chinese Warlords got a little annoyed that their C-96's weren't chambered in the same round as their good ol' Tommy Guns. The C-96's nickname was the "Broomhandle" due to the grip looking like...well, a Broomhandle.

Back
Top Bottom